PDA

View Full Version : "A" for effort + Customs stuff

3oneday
23rd September 2004, 10:48 AM
Ok if we start talking about golf again :wink: ???

Just received an Ogio bag from RockBottomGolf in the states, no Amanda, it doesn't have the schling strap, it is the new for 2005 Novak ?? anyway, looks nice, just now establishing a modus operandus for getting it into said home.

The "a" for effort goes to RBG, I paid for this item on Monday afternoon, it arrived today. Not bad from the states !!!! considering I have something at customs in Granville (Sydneys West) that has been there since Saturday and still hasn't arrived :x . RBG use UPS, which is fine when you want smaller cheaper items, but for more expensive, read on.

Received some further clarity from Customs yesterday regarding the import of gear, some of you may already know but for those who don't:

If it comes via post, duty is not imposed for items under $1000 AUD but GST is payable if the GST component equates to $50 AUD - in english, if you can prove it cost less than $500 Australian (10% of that is $50) and it is coming by post, who won't get slugged. Care: this includes the amount of postage you were charged by the seller.

You should also be aware that golf clubs have a tariff concession, ie duty free, unless of course exceeding the above amounts, so if someone tries to charge you a 5% tariff, you can quote them TC0109308. This happened to me once, they added 5% to the item which pushed me over the $50 GST, if I had known it would have been free.

If you buy off someone who insists on using UPS, 250AUD is the limit, not sure whether that is inclusive of the shipping cost or not, but if customs get their hands on you there is an immediate charge of $50, simply for them to have a look.

Ask your seller to use USPS Global Express, with insurance, it is tracked and you can watch it all the way, it is post so fits the customs requirement, IMHO it is the only way (unless using BestDamnGolfDeals, he uses DHL, individually still the best seller).

I know I think Andyp was asking previously about this sort of stuff, all of this is above board and legal, otherwise I wouldn't do it :wink:

Pete

goughy
23rd September 2004, 10:56 AM
Thanks for the heads up.

And andyp asking about shipping from the states - I see he is turning to the dark side of the ho :lol: :lol:

AndyP
23rd September 2004, 11:15 AM
And andyp asking about shipping from the states - I see he is turning to the dark side of the ho :lol: :lol:
You take that back, goughy. I did no such thing. :evil:

Ducky
23rd September 2004, 11:18 AM
You imported a bag? Isn't the shipping extremely pricey on bags?

I will never use USPS ever again if the whole muck up with my irons was caused by them. I am willing to pay a little bit of extra in the form of customs taxes if the package is at least assured of getting here when it's meant to!

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

McMw
23rd September 2004, 11:19 AM
shipping of bags from RBG :arrow: best rates I've seen!!!!

AndyP
23rd September 2004, 11:29 AM
I know I think Andyp was asking previously about this sort of stuff, all of this is above board and legal, otherwise I wouldn't do it :wink:
goughy, I believe Pete was referring to this thread: "Old topic... shipping from US" (http://ozgolf.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=11038&highlight=australia#11038)

3oneday
23rd September 2004, 11:30 AM
You imported a bag? Isn't the shipping extremely pricey on bags?

I will never use USPS ever again if the whole muck up with my irons was caused by them. I am willing to pay a little bit of extra in the form of customs taxes if the package is at least assured of getting here when it's meant to!
(Ducky).

Duck, yep, shipping cost more than the bag, but the bag was a bargain :wink: , anyway, LGO.

USPS is great if the seller does the right thing and confirms USPS Global Express. This is tracked and you can watch it all the way, where it stops, starts and stops again. Your mate used sea mail, I will make sure I get the seller to sign in blood about Global Express before I bid and then hound the tripe out of them to get the tracking details, every day if need be.

Pete

Ducky
23rd September 2004, 11:30 AM
God damn it! I could have ordered the cool Nike staff bag I wanted!

:x

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

amanda
23rd September 2004, 11:35 AM
Pete - I'm jealous! Do you have a link to the ebay listing?

3oneday
23rd September 2004, 11:40 AM
Amanda,

The "Blanken" guy has one in the bags section of ebay.com, he charges about the same to send to Aus, about $65. His Novak has a buy it now price of $89.99. RBG was an auction which finished at $52.

Pete

McMw
23rd September 2004, 11:51 AM
trolleys, bags etc from RBG has a UPS rate of 60-65USD....as opposed to many others who quote 120USD...

and no ducky - they don't have the nike bags (I would have bought one if there was one!!!) but they have plenty of OGIO!!!!

I'm looking at getting the shoes from them too....
amanda - check them out...some cool Adidas for the ladies...I'm going to get a couple of pairs for Jean... :D

amanda
23rd September 2004, 12:08 PM
Thanks Mau!

3oneday
24th September 2004, 06:46 AM
Told the wife I was buying a carry bag this weekend :wink: anyone in Sydney want a good condition PING bag ????

:roll: :-# :lol:

It's black, 9.5" (I think ?), straps, cover, pockets, Windsor dust..... Ducky, I can paint the words "Nike Inferior Equipment :wink: " on it if interested 8)

Pete

Jarro
24th September 2004, 07:23 AM
Ducky, I can paint the words "Nike Inferior Equipment :wink: " on it if interested 8)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ducky
24th September 2004, 08:25 AM
I've put up with this shit long enough, you're reported, Pete!

:P

:wink:

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

terryand
24th September 2004, 08:27 AM
WOW...I first dob button pusher :shock: :?

Terry.

McMw
24th September 2004, 11:26 PM
God damn it! I could have ordered the cool Nike staff bag I wanted!

:x

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62160&item=7103162869
:wink:

Ducky
25th September 2004, 06:59 AM
I already have that one in red...

:?

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).