PDA

View Full Version : WITB Threads

Grunt
12th July 2007, 06:04 PM
Hey Guys

Any chance of making the WITB thread like the 1st tee threads? That is the initial post is on the top of each page after the first page is full of replies. Would make it easy for OzGolfers to show off their new equipment.
The way it is now every time someone changes stuff it is another reply added to the end of the thread and then you have to click back to the 1st post if they have updated it there.

Just a suggestion.

AndyP
12th July 2007, 06:12 PM
The problem is, not everyone operates their WITB thread that way. So if the first post was the ongoing header, it would in fact be showing an old WITB.

Interested in what others think, but I don't personally operate my WITB thread that way.

Grunt
12th July 2007, 06:28 PM
Another way to look at it is that you will be able to see what?/how much? the OzGolfer has changed his/her bag.

Jarro
12th July 2007, 06:44 PM
That could be very dangerous

AndyP
12th July 2007, 06:45 PM
Another way to look at it is that you will be able to see what?/how much? the OzGolfer has changed his/her bag.But you wouldn't if they were constantly erasing their header post and updating like perci would on a daily basis.

Grunt
12th July 2007, 06:45 PM
That could be very dangerous

Was yourself that made me think of it. :roll:

perci
12th July 2007, 07:37 PM
But you wouldn't if they were constantly erasing their header post and updating like perci would on a daily basis.

As i've always said "i can afford to change my clubs but not my women".

Courty
12th July 2007, 09:12 PM
I actually don't mind the idea as I do keep the 1st post of my WITB updated.

Poll?

Ducky
12th July 2007, 09:20 PM
It's the best approach. Modify the original post, and then simply create a new post to notify everyone of updates.

AndyP
10th December 2007, 09:21 AM
I've noticed that the trend is heading this way, despite not many speaking up here when it was discussed. The header post should be at the top of every page now (which will make mine wrong).

Courty
10th December 2007, 11:30 AM
It's about time you came around.

Rusty
10th December 2007, 04:28 PM
I've noticed that the trend is heading this way, despite not many speaking up here when it was discussed. The header post should be at the top of every page now (which will make mine wrong).

i'll have the same prob as my witb was started by someone else. ah well, i'll just start another witb thread and link to the old thread. no probs.

Courty
10th December 2007, 04:38 PM
Just start a new one, Rusty. ;)

AndyP
10th December 2007, 05:31 PM
i'll have the same prob as my witb was started by someone else. ah well, i'll just start another witb thread and link to the old thread. no probs.I could split it from the first post that you posted your bag?

Rusty
10th December 2007, 06:59 PM
oh, i kowtow to you, for yes YOU are King :smt038 . AP please split my witb thread when you get a chance.

AndyP
10th December 2007, 07:09 PM
http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8605

I gave it a title of Rusty clubs for now, but you should be able to change that too.