PDA

View Full Version : Eags Swing

Eag's
11th July 2007, 10:19 PM
Ok, I thought I would put my swing up for evaluation ;)
Sorry about the quality but it was taken with a Digital camera not a Cam corder.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXGBtfd0wxM

The second one is a 4 iron
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI8ZHYT8v1I

AndyP
12th July 2007, 07:18 AM
I didn't realise your backswing was abbreviated.

And why is everyone including their pre-shot preparation? No video editing software?

3oneday
12th July 2007, 07:23 AM
Did you find the tee ?

:lol:

Jono
12th July 2007, 07:28 AM
I didn't realise your backswing was abbreviated.

And why is everyone including their pre-shot preparation? No video editing software?

I think it's good to have a look at the preshot routine as well. You should post up yours, AP ... ;)

Jono
12th July 2007, 07:30 AM
Eags,

You've got a compact, powerful swing mate. You also have an inside loop at the top with the hands and the club. However, you don't drive the legs like 69 does ... 8)

How are you hitting it at the moment?

Eag's
12th July 2007, 08:13 AM
Andy no I don't have any video editing software.

Jono That footage is from about 4 months ago, you are correct in pointing out my loop mate, it is something I have tried to get rid of for a long time :oops:
The last round I played was the Brooky game back in May :(

Pete I was trying to hurry as there was another group coming off the previous hole. It did look funny though, anyone would of thought I lost my contact lens :)

AndyP
12th July 2007, 08:16 AM
Andy no I don't have any video editing software.I'm sure you could find some online ;), which could help you cut your file size down, so it doesn't take as long for you to upload.

Fishman Dan
12th July 2007, 08:29 AM
I thought you were going to run into the distance Benny Hill style.

Eag's
12th July 2007, 01:37 PM
I thought you were going to run into the distance Benny Hill style.

:lol: As soon as I read that the bloody music started in my head :)

markTHEblake
12th July 2007, 04:04 PM
Did you find the tee ?

:lol:

Sorry Eag's but thats the funniest thing i have seen in a long time.

Jarro
12th July 2007, 04:07 PM
I never really noticed that you have a little "lean" with your right knee just before you start the swing ..... it makes the backswing look nice and solid, and also would make you swing through the ball better too :-k

markTHEblake
12th July 2007, 04:09 PM
I never really noticed that you have a little "lean" with your right knee just before you start the swing

works alright for Roger Davis and Gary Player too !

Jarro
12th July 2007, 04:11 PM
Looks like it would be something that i could use to help turn through the ball better ....

... nice work Richard :smt023

Eag's
8th October 2007, 12:18 PM
Here is some footage I took the other day out at Nudgee.
I was working on my timing and trying to stay relaxed over the ball instead of setting up stiff as a sailboard :roll:
I was hitting an 8 iron both shots, knocked both to 10 feet :)
And yes AndyP, I did try to downsize the vid but had no luck finding something compatible with Vista.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmpac1Ks3IU

Jarro
8th October 2007, 12:40 PM
Looks nice and easy alright mate 8)

By the way, i see you picked your favourite hole to film yourself on ;)

Eag's
8th October 2007, 01:28 PM
Looks nice and easy alright mate 8)

By the way, i see you picked your favourite hole to film yourself on ;)

:lol: new you would pick that up ;)

mikezone13
8th October 2007, 02:56 PM
Here is some footage I took the other day out at Nudgee.
I was working on my timing and trying to stay relaxed over the ball instead of setting up stiff as a sailboard :roll:
I was hitting an 8 iron both shots, knocked both to 10 feet :)
And yes AndyP, I did try to downsize the vid but had no luck finding something compatible with Vista.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmpac1Ks3IU

Hurry up and hit it will ya :D

Eag's
8th October 2007, 03:39 PM
Nice pass you put on that mate...pity you didn't do that on the 16th at Newc..or the 18th for that matter.

PS..stealing my wedge post game was a low act !

:lol: Or the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc.... :oops:
I would of been better off stealing you 5 wood mate, might of saved you a few more shots ;)

BrisVegas
9th October 2007, 07:06 AM
That 5 wood was on borrowed time 2 years ago after it failed on the 18th in the golfer69 v choppa match at Bribie. I'm surprised it hasn't been melted down to make a charm bracelet by now...

BrisVegas
9th October 2007, 07:47 AM
Have you seen the size of the head on it Dion ? Its not enough to make a charm bracelet...cufflinks maybe.

Yes, that's why when you said you were thinking of getting a hybrid, my first thought was that it would be an upsize from the Wilson! :lol:

Eag's
20th March 2009, 02:01 PM
Ok, I thought it was about time I put up a few swing vids showing what I have been working on with my coach. I am gripping down the shaft a lot more to gain better control with the irons. I have narrowed my stance a bit and I am trying to rotate my hips through impact rather than slide them.
Feel free to post your thoughts ;)

I am using a 7 iron in both Vids.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ng-24d3kX4c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS22DmrEukU

poidda
20th March 2009, 02:17 PM
Is that tent shank-proof? ;)

Eag's
20th March 2009, 02:24 PM
Is that tent shank-proof? ;)

:lol: Why do you think I bought the widest tent possible ;)
Standing only 1m from the opening just in case.

razaar
20th March 2009, 02:56 PM
Eag..you have got a good golf swing. Not sure if you are doing the right thing with narrowing your stance for a full swing though. Being a big guy you will need a firm base to stay centred through the swing. A good guide to follow is to have the knees on the same vertical line as the hips (looking front on) and the knees in line with the inside of the heels, which you appear to have done. That's OK for people with less width and bulk in the shoulders relative to hip width than yourself. IMO with your present swing you will be exerting too much pressure on the inside muscles of your legs in an effort to keep centred. There needs to be a good deal of agility in the legs during the through swing so they need to be relaxed with a small amount of pressure on the insides of the feet upwards. My suggestion is to experiment until you find the width of stance that allows you to finish with the left foot flat on the ground with the weight of the body directly over the left heel. A well balanced swing allows the golfer to stand still at the finish for a minimum of 8 seconds without any strain whatsoever. Consistant ball striking is dependant on good balance.

3oneday
20th March 2009, 03:25 PM
Being a big guy you
must be someone else in the vid then ???

Why is there a hole on the right side of the net ??

;)

Courty
20th March 2009, 03:54 PM
Your spine certainly looks straighter than when we played at Palm Meadows last year. Not so hunched over.

I hope that 7 iron is from an old set... you're getting very close to the roof there. :shock:

Jono
20th March 2009, 06:04 PM
Hey Big Eagsy ... :lol:

Swing looks good. Less looping inside on the downswing. You usually swing faster than that, don't you? The key is whether you can keep that form when you swing at your normal pace. With enough repetition of the correct form, I think you can! 8)

henno
20th March 2009, 06:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS22DmrEukU

I am no student of the golf swing by any stretch of the imagination, but...

... is it just me, or does your left foot/ankle look decidedly awkward on the follow-through? :-s

markTHEblake
20th March 2009, 07:04 PM
... is it just me, or does your left foot/ankle look decidedly awkward on the follow-through? :-s

not if you compare to golfer69's follow through

Eag's
20th March 2009, 10:24 PM
razar, some very good points mate and I will discuss them with my coach.

Courty, well it couldn't get much worse than how I was swinging it at the Champs :oops: so cheers :) oh and the 7 iron just squeezes under the roof ;)

Jono, thanks mate it feels like I am on the right track for once, I just have to go out and trust it now.

Henno, I have always had something funny going on with my left foot, it goes back to my league days when I had the left knee smashed twice in 2 years. It has been dodgy ever since so I find it hard to load my weight on the left side through impact.

Jono
20th March 2009, 11:58 PM
Eags, what you are doing with your left foot on the follow through is natural so don't worry about it. Your left foot is solid at impact and that's what matters. What the young pros do (ie. left foot pointing at the ball whilst the left knee is pointing at the target) on the follow through is UNnatural. It puts a lot of torsion on the knees and can cause serious injuries (eg. meniscal tear) later. These young pros are very flexible so they can do it but when they get older, they can run into trouble.

Jarro
21st March 2009, 12:34 AM
Looking good mate, keep up the good work 8)

And tell Keri she has excellent video skills ;)

Eag's
21st March 2009, 02:32 PM
Looking good mate, keep up the good work 8)

And tell Keri she has excellent video skills ;)

Thanks Mark, I will let her know :)