PDA

View Full Version : Accra AXIV XC65 M4 (stiff) flex SOLD

Jono
9th July 2007, 08:36 PM
Guys. This shaft is a one time pull by a professional clubmaker (Gary). I had it installed brand new by Gary into my Aurora last week. Unfortunately, I can not hit it. I don't know why, but it just does not suit my swing. :cry:

On paper this is a great shaft. It is supposed to have a good kick but still have stability in the tip.

http://www.accragolf.com/2007-ACCRAaxivBrochure.pdf

The bore in the Aurora is relatively deep. I had it at 45.5 inches total length, so this gives you room to tip trim if you want it a bit stiffer. I didn't tip it, and according to the frequency, it came out high end of stiff (just softer than x flex).

Depending on your sources, these cost around $300-$400 new. This is not the old Accra shaft. It's the new AXIV one. XC is the middle priced (relatively speaking) compared to the high end XE and low end XT.

There is not a single scratch on the shaft, as my head cover has a shaft protector on it.

Selling for $140 shipped anywhere in Oz. This is less than half the price. This could be a dream shaft for someone out there ... :smt023

Jono
9th July 2007, 08:39 PM
For those who are interested, when Gary put this shaft in his spine finder, we noticed that there is no spine in this shaft. I found this amazing. Almost all graphite shafts have pronounced spines, often more than one. Having no spine means that this shaft is stable in all directions. You can orientate it any way you like and it should perform the same.

As I said, this looks great on paper ... 8)

Fishman Dan
9th July 2007, 09:18 PM
For those who are interested, when Gary put this shaft in his spine finder, we noticed that there is no spine in this shaft. I found this amazing. Almost all graphite shafts have pronounced spines, often more than one. Having no spine means that this shaft is stable in all directions. You can orientate it any way you like and it should perform the same.

As I said, this looks great on paper ... 8)

A noob question - but would having no spine be the reason you couldn't hit it?

Jono
9th July 2007, 09:45 PM
When it comes to shafts, no spine is supposed to be a good thing ... 8)

I have no idea why I couldn't hit it. It didn't feel too stiff or whippy. It just didn't suit the way I load the shaft, I suppose ...

mikezone13
9th July 2007, 10:06 PM
When you say "couldn't hit it", where were your misses? High/low/left/right/short? ;)

Jono
9th July 2007, 10:16 PM
I hit it highish and with too much spin. I got similar results with the VS Proto. And that's supposed to be a low spin shaft ... :roll:

I think we had this conversation before, but I believe that club fitting is basically trial and error. there's no way of knowing whether a shaft will work for you until you try it. You can take everything into consideration, like frequency, butt/tip flex, weight, manufacturing process, etc, but you won't know it will work for you until you hit your first shot with it.

Gets pretty expensive though ... :lol:

miro
10th July 2007, 08:21 AM
Lucky your a doctor pulling the big bucks then!! ;)

mikezone13
10th July 2007, 09:01 AM
I hit it highish and with too much spin. I got similar results with the VS Proto. And that's supposed to be a low spin shaft ... :roll:

I think we had this conversation before, but I believe that club fitting is basically trial and error. there's no way of knowing whether a shaft will work for you until you try it. You can take everything into consideration, like frequency, butt/tip flex, weight, manufacturing process, etc, but you won't know it will work for you until you hit your first shot with it.

Gets pretty expensive though ... :lol:

Hmm... I hit the VS Proto in the Titleist D1 and it had an awesome flight, pity about the trianglular head. Will be looking for a D2 or Hibore XL as the next gamer, once this damn wrist is fixed.

Jarro
10th July 2007, 09:06 AM
Hmm... I hit the VS Proto in the Titleist D1 and it had an awesome flight, pity about the trianglular head. Will be looking for a D2 or Hibore XL as the next gamer, once this damn wrist is fixed.

Mike, what'd you think of the D1 ? I thought it felt a little "tinny" and not very solid. The one i tried didn't seem to have any real strength in the ballflight either :?

BrisVegas
10th July 2007, 09:12 AM
Mike, what'd you think of the D1 ? I thought it felt a little "tinny" and not very solid. The one i tried didn't seem to have any real strength in the ballflight either :?

Put a better swing on it. ;)

Jarro
10th July 2007, 09:18 AM
Put a better swing on it. ;)

Um, yeah ... ok :roll:

Jamie and Gaz also hit it so i'm going on their reactions as well as my own.

Courty
10th July 2007, 09:20 AM

You can only generate so much swing speed when you're that close to the ground. ;)

Jarro
10th July 2007, 09:22 AM
You can only generate so much swing speed when you're that close to the ground. ;)

shudup droopy :razz:

Courty
10th July 2007, 09:23 AM
Hehe, my face will recover, but you'll always be short. :p :mrgreen:

Jarro
10th July 2007, 09:30 AM
Hehe, my face will recover

You mean, back to how it was :shock:

;)

BrisVegas
10th July 2007, 10:01 AM
was just kidding jarro. :roll:

fwiw, i didn't like the D1 much either.

mikezone13
10th July 2007, 10:02 AM

I literally hit two balls with it and flushed them both, sound was fine, but probably tinny for a Titleist as the 905 series are very soft sounding.

As said, flushed them both with a great trajectory, but I think long term it would be hard to get over the weird shape... Any spare D2's floating around the place? ;)

BrisVegas
10th July 2007, 10:06 AM
talk to 3oneday or any of the other regular ebay buyers.... The D2 feels like the 905R, but spins a bit less and looks better.

3oneday
10th July 2007, 10:56 AM
Doesn't Jono have a spare D2 ? ;)

mikezone13
10th July 2007, 11:17 AM

Hopefully he does shortly... first dibs ;)

Fishman Dan
10th July 2007, 01:27 PM
Hehe, my face will recover, but you'll always be short. :p :mrgreen:

Hahaha. :smt038

Droopy 1
Shorty 0

Jono
10th July 2007, 08:18 PM

Considering how much the swap cost me, it would be a stretch to call it a "spare" ... :lol:

Jono
10th July 2007, 08:18 PM
Price drop on the Accra AXIV ...

8)

Trung
11th July 2007, 03:54 AM
This could be a dream shaft for someone out there ...

How long did your dream lasted for? 1 week? :smt108 :smt079

Jono
11th July 2007, 07:19 AM
How long did your dream lasted for? 1 week? :smt108 :smt079

Nup. 1 range session. :roll:

:lol:

Jono
11th July 2007, 07:26 AM
Lucky your a doctor pulling the big bucks then!! ;)

Miro, this is the perfect shaft for you mate. It'll go with your fancy car ... ;)

Jono
11th July 2007, 07:20 PM
Deal pending ... 8)

3oneday
11th July 2007, 08:50 PM
nice buy Perc ;)

perci
11th July 2007, 11:42 PM
Thanks Pete!

Trung
12th July 2007, 12:34 AM
Thanks Jono,

It went really well at the range today. Cheers mate.

3oneday
12th July 2007, 07:30 AM
Hand eye must be good ;) when you gunna install a head on it ?

:p

Jono
12th July 2007, 09:55 PM
SOLD to someone with good taste ... ie. not any of above tossers ... :roll:

:lol: