PDA

View Full Version : The Glades Monday 30th July

jeffblaz
5th July 2007, 04:20 PM
Guys im putting together my own little day because i can :)

Plenty of fun to be had by all with lots of prizes up for grabs (golf rounds @ numerous resort golf courses, merchandise etc.)

Single Stableford
11am Shotgun Start

$69 per person including

Sausage Sizzle & a Beer
18 holes of golf inc. Cart

NTP prizes, LD prizes
1st - 3rd place, last place and lucky door prize

Post your entry here and i will add to the list as we go if any :)

1. Blaz

PeteyD
5th July 2007, 04:22 PM
Very tempting. Need to find the lay of the land with my new job next week, but I should be able to make up work and get there.

BrisVegas
6th July 2007, 11:15 AM
I'll try and get my missus to have the bub a couple of days prior so I can get to this one. :wink:

still haven't played The Glades yet.

poidda
6th July 2007, 11:26 AM
Sounds like a great day. I will struggle to get the day off work though. Will try my best!

AndyP
6th July 2007, 01:01 PM
The Glades was in great nick today, and it only took me 13 or so holes to figure out the speed of the bent greens....

PeteyD
6th July 2007, 01:05 PM
Course looks great. Greens were speedy and tricky. Hope I can make this one.

poidda
6th July 2007, 01:34 PM
yeah i thought it was in great nick the other week. The greens were far to soft though. every wedge I hit in just took a chunk outta the green, and lost all spin! I couldn't work it out.

AndyP
6th July 2007, 02:17 PM
yeah i thought it was in great nick the other week. The greens were far to soft though. every wedge I hit in just took a chunk outta the green, and lost all spin! I couldn't work it out.Big pitch marks, but they still took spin. Even I got one to suck back several metres. :)

PeteyD
6th July 2007, 02:31 PM
Several? Closer to 10. Hell I got one to suck off the front of a green and about 15 metres down the hill ...

AndyP
6th July 2007, 04:42 PM
I don't like to big note myself, Pete, but **** I'm good.
It probably left me with an easy three putt too. :lol:

Iain was spinning them back most of the time with his wedges.

jeffblaz
7th July 2007, 11:12 AM
glad you guys enjoyed the course, i think the greens are due to the unusually cool and wet weather we have had, i will update the list when any of you confirm...

jeffblaz
12th July 2007, 04:32 PM
any confirmed....

i thought i would be turning people away with my ridiculous price lol!!!! :smt023

kpac
12th July 2007, 04:48 PM
mate, i was only just looking at this thread again. I'd bloody love to get out there again, but work is too tight for me to even pencil my name in. Maybe i'll come running closer to the date... hoping you get a crew together though!!

poidda
12th July 2007, 05:03 PM
Yeah I'm the same. Work tight and would have to take a full day off for an 11am tee.

jeffblaz
25th July 2007, 02:29 PM
ok guys officially called the "Melbas Invitational" due to some prizes donated i have to wrap up entries to said event but i thought i would throw in the prize list to test the waters. 88 players booked so far only 8 spots available (2 teams of four)....

1st Place - 4 x Sports Packs (golf, swing analasys, PT & Shirts @ the Glades)
+ 4 x $100 Melbas Vouchers 4 x Bottles Wine
2nd Place - 4 x Rounds @ Robina Woods Golf Course + 4 x Bottles Wine
3rd Place - 4 x Rounds @ Sanctuary Cove Golf Course + 4 x Bottles Wine
4th Place - 4 x Rounds @ The Vintage + 4 x Bottles Wine
Last Place - 1 hour clinic for 4 players Gary Edwin Golf (Pete Krawitz)
NTP 5 & 17 - PT @ the Glades & 2 Sleeve of balls
Long Drive 9 (Ladies) - $50 Glades Gift Voucher
Long Drive 14 (Mens) - The House of Golf Prize
Straight Drive 8 - $50 Dog & Parrot VoucherLucky Draw - 4 Bottles of wine (White)
Lucky Draw - 4 Bottles of wine (Red)Lucky Draw - 4 x Rounds @ the River Course CTHGC

Cheers Blaz

will close at Mid Day Thursday.