PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 2nd July 2007

Grunt
4th July 2007, 07:20 AM
27 points for myself at Wallacia too. Could not get a point on the front nine for 9 points, came back well with 18 on the back. One wipe hole got me when we could not find what was thought by all as a good tee shot to a 160m par 3. Oh well that is golf.
Driver was erratic but when it worked it was ok. Ball Striking was pretty inconsistent as the score shows.

AndyP
4th July 2007, 07:28 AM
I could have just moved the other posts, if you had have asked. Keep motoring on to that 7000 mark though. :p

+1

3oneday
4th July 2007, 08:04 AM
Could not get a point on the front nine for 9 pointsI like this statement, can I use it ???

:lol:

PeteyD
4th July 2007, 10:57 AM
Played in the Mug today at reddy bay. Cold bloody start at 6:30. Couldn't putt today had 38 :shock: worst effort in a long while. And this is with only 1 gir. No pars, lotsa bogies, and a big misadventure in the trees on 14 and 15 for an ugly 80 nett.

Did hit a couple of solid drives and some nice iron shots along the way.

Grunt
4th July 2007, 04:21 PM
Played @ Bexley this afternoon,
Played ok early but tired in the closing holes, got to finish better. Was not sure of how I was scoring until late in the round. Partner mentioned I was going well, that was the beginning of the end I scored 4 point in the final 4 holes to shoot 34 points:mad:.
83 Gross
65 Nett (par 64)
5 Fairways
3 GIR
35 Putts (5 1 putts & 4 3 putts:shock:)
5/12 Up & downs

Hopefully I can put it all together for 18 holes one day soon.

AndyP
4th July 2007, 05:58 PM
Have we mentioned your poor mental game before? :p

Grunt
4th July 2007, 06:01 PM
Have we mentioned your poor mental game before? :p

Thanks for stating the Obvious AP. Don't think today was that at all. Just played well early and a poor finish as fatigue set in. Was a long day. Did not eat much today and I think I paid the price.

Matt 3 Jab
5th July 2007, 12:32 PM
Hmmm, a weird day out on course today. Felt i hit it good, chipped it well, didnt score at all and couldnt putt, but it was fun to get out there!

Had 23 points.

Stats----
Fairways: 5/13
Greens: 4/18
Putts: 38

Cheers for the game grant and andrew.

Grunt
5th July 2007, 12:38 PM
played at Ashlar this morning with Matt & Andrew.
Shocker, no other word for the way I played today. Probably should not have played, pulled up lame from Tuesdays Gym workout on the lower body. Typical not sore the next day but pretty sore 2 days later.

Game just was not there, really can't think of any positives to take out of todays play. Actually not sure if I hit a single good shot, it was that bad.

AndyP
5th July 2007, 12:39 PM
How was your mental game?

Grunt
5th July 2007, 12:41 PM
How was your mental game?

Not sure AP, gave up caring early on. Tried to play the last hole with the bag on my back too. Could not be bothered putting it down.

dc68
5th July 2007, 12:42 PM
played at Ashlar this morning with Matt & Andrew.
Shocker, no other word for the way I played today. Probably should not have played, pulled up lame from Tuesdays Gym workout on the lower body. Typical not sore the next day but pretty sore 2 days later.

Game just was not there, really can't think of any positives to take out of todays play. Actually not sure if I hit a single good shot, it was that bad.

So what did you shoot?

Grunt
5th July 2007, 12:45 PM
So what did you shoot?

17 points

dc68
5th July 2007, 12:56 PM
Ouch....I see what you mean.

Chin up mate.

AndyP
5th July 2007, 01:08 PM
17 points...farrrrrkkkkkkkk !
Wots the NSW record low ?
8pts or something like that. Of course that person doesn't play 3 times a week. :razz:

crannypete
5th July 2007, 07:10 PM
not allowed to have guns while on parole dude not even with a licence only six months to go though

AndyP
6th July 2007, 06:46 PM
06/07/2007, The Glades (Gold Tees), Social.

Score 45-48-93 nett 82 (Par 36-36-72 ACR 71)

The score makes it sound like I played pretty ordinary, but give me a warmup (6:30a teeoff), a bit of practice putting on bent greens, and cut out the social play hero shots and I reckon I could shave at least 10 shots off that score.

I'm not usually an excuses man, but I thought I was hitting it quite well today.
The drives were great and I wasn't gripping down the driver like I usually do.
The irons were so-so, except on the par 3s, when they were "special". 1 under over the four par 3s tells the story.
Chipping wasn't too bad, but definitely better than recent rounds, and putting was tough work on the bent greens, until I got used to them (but only in length, not necessarily line).

It was great fun though. (Thanks Blaz, PeteyD & Iain)

Next round: Errrm, I'm sure I'll play before the Frank Foley at Gailes (29/7), but nothing is planned. I might take the lad out for some pitch 'n' putt on Sunday.

PeteyD
7th July 2007, 02:58 PM
Monthly Medal at Reddy Bay today. 91/66. 30 Putts (1 x 3 Putt :( ). 9/14 Fairways. 3 GIR. 1 Birdie and 5 Pars. Best score ever, but dirty I didn't break 90!

Putted well today. Only played 2 poor holes. Finished with Bogey Bogey bogey Par which is very pleasing as I have had troubles going for 18 holes. Very happy :D

Jarro
7th July 2007, 03:05 PM
Nice shootin' Pedro .... the lessons are working well i see 8)

BrisWesty
7th July 2007, 05:11 PM
Well done PD, keep it going. 66 should bring the hcp down a little.

Monthly medal at Caboolture today. 89/77 1 birdie (on the pro pin hole - I hope my 1.89m holds, but unlikely it will), 4 pars, (2 triple bogeys don't help).
29 putts, 3/6 sand saves, 2 GIR (there's my main problem), 6/13 fairways (8 effective)
Putted well, chipped well, just had problems staying out of the sand and hitting greens from a distance. Think I need to hit some balls with more purpose.

PeteyD
7th July 2007, 05:34 PM
Hcap down to 21.8 and according to GolfStink I came 1st of 238, but someone has tied with me. Will see what the paper says.

jimandr
7th July 2007, 11:30 PM
Played the course now called Green Hills, formerly The Springs, at Peats Ridge in the Spiersy's Final Golf Day. It was cold and fairly windy and I hit the ball terribly off the ground. nett 76 (4 over) was a fairly good score on a course I'd never played before. Driving was OK, short putting was very good (the claw grip might be a stayer), but gees the ball striking with fairways woods and irons was bad.

Fairways = 9 of 14
Greens in reg = 6 of 18
Putts = 31, 2 3putts, 1 birdie putt, plus a chip-in
Up&Down = 5 of 8
Sand Saves = 0 of 2
3 penalty shots

Courty
8th July 2007, 08:21 AM
Had an absolute disaster yesterday in the monthly medal. I was hitting balls on the range prior to tee time when I hit a buried root and twinged my back. It stiffened up immediately and for the rest of the day I was unable to make a full swing. I should probably have gone straight home to rest it, but I'm too pig-headed sometimes. I paid the price though... terrible ball-striking, no feel. Somehow I still made a birdie on the back 9 which saved us from losing all the money. :roll:

92 (85) :oops:

Flowergirl
8th July 2007, 08:28 AM
Well done PD. Keep up the great work. Great putting always helps the old score doesn't it!!

Played 18 holes on the coldest day I have ever ever ever played golf. It started off fine but then the rain started and never let up. It never got to above 7.5 degrees for the whole game. We played in carts so not walking just made it all the colder.:smt108
Played the Open Course at Moonah Links - thank god it wasn't windy as well:shock:

Played with 2 interesting women who polished off a bottle of vodka between them during the round. Interesting approach to golf - and somewhat distracting. If you can't find a tree to have a discreet pee behind - well - just in the open is fine!!!!!!!! I suppose they didn't feel the cold like I did. They almost drove into numerous bunkers and well towards the end they were pretty rowdy.

Ball striking was very good but short game was very average. Came in with a very sad 26 points - which wasn't as bad as it sounds. Only one player out of 35 got over 30 points!!!

Playing tomorrow in the Victorian Salver as part of The Victorian Amateur Championships. Playing at Peninsula Country Club on Monday and then Yarra Yarra on Tuesday. This is held for women with handicaps between 10 -20. Looking forward to playing in this field - and no vodka in sight I hope.:shock:

Bruce
8th July 2007, 08:52 AM
Was it some sort of event at Moonah there Reenie?

It would want to be a big deal to go out in that weather yesterday. I was going to try and play Mirboo this weekend until I realised what a spectacularly bad idea that would be. At least there is drainage on the Peninsula courses.

Instead I got some very nice blues from a couple of instance runs.

AndyP
8th July 2007, 09:10 AM
..... and twinged my back.
How's the back now?

Matt 3 Jab
8th July 2007, 12:05 PM
only 26 putts

I dream of the day........................8-)

Courty
8th July 2007, 01:01 PM
How's the back now?

Seems fine today. But I haven't tried to swing a club today either. :???:

amanda
8th July 2007, 04:43 PM
We didn't golf this weekend - instead spent it at the drift races in Sydney. (drift racing? think of the Fast & the Furious - tokyo drift movie) What crazy weather - sunny but cold & windy on Saturday, raining & cold today.

Any weather is good weather for watching cars go around a track side ways :D

Jarro
8th July 2007, 07:09 PM
37 points
7 fwys
7 G.I.R's
31 putts

AndyP
8th July 2007, 08:03 PM
I played 9 holes at a pitch 'n' putt today and had 1 over, 28. I've got no idea what I should be scoring in this or what my potential pitch 'n putt handicap would be.

I seemed to hit it alright, but the quality of the greens made putting a bit of pot luck.

Next round: 14/7, Windaroo? Middle Ridge? Nambour? Somewhere anyway.

Fishman Dan
8th July 2007, 09:27 PM
I played 9 holes at a pitch 'n' putt today and had 1 over, 28. I've got no idea what I should be scoring in this or what my potential pitch 'n putt handicap would be.

I seemed to hit it alright, but the quality of the greens made putting a bit of pot luck.

Next round: 14/7, Windaroo? Middle Ridge? Nambour? Somewhere anyway.

Was it in a comp?

mike
8th July 2007, 09:36 PM
One under par after five holes.

Played the next 13 holes 16 over par.

I f****** hate this f****** game

Flowergirl
9th July 2007, 07:25 AM
Was it some sort of event at Moonah there Reenie?

It would want to be a big deal to go out in that weather yesterday. I was going to try and play Mirboo this weekend until I realised what a spectacularly bad idea that would be. At least there is drainage on the Peninsula courses.

Instead I got some very nice blues from a couple of instance runs.

Moonah Links holds several "Ladies on the Links" days throughout the year. The first one I played earlier in the year it was blowing a hurricane and Saturday freezing and wet. It's a good day apart from the waether. $85 for golf, cart, breakfast, lunch and wine and good prizes - not that I've seen any of them though.
Peninsula Golf Club today - Yarra Yarra tomorrow. Can't wait. Hopefully I'll report on a good round later today.;)

BrisVegas
9th July 2007, 07:45 AM
27 points
9 fairways
8 GIR
34 putts

The funk continues.

cazandpaul
10th July 2007, 03:02 PM
Golf has been weird lately - a couple of 37 pointers intermingled with some absolute rubbish - is it just me or does winter in the sunshine state seem to be lasting longer this year?

Perhaps a bottle of vodka is the answer!