PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 25th June

Fishman Dan
28th June 2007, 11:53 AM
You mean to say no one is playing golf this week?

Grunt
28th June 2007, 12:08 PM
Sorry, I have been working, will try and play tomorrow.

AndyP
28th June 2007, 12:17 PM
First it was post-boosting, now it's thread-start boosting.
Is addamsmith making you feel inadequate in this department, Fishman#Dan?

Fishman Dan
28th June 2007, 12:20 PM
It's the 3rd post at OzGolf today... it's not like there's an abundance of post-boosting going on.

Jarro
28th June 2007, 12:24 PM
right

Fishman Dan
28th June 2007, 12:37 PM
right

See.

mikezone13
28th June 2007, 12:44 PM
Gee guys :roll:

;)

dc68
28th June 2007, 12:46 PM
You lot are kidding...... right?

Courty
28th June 2007, 12:48 PM
:roll:

+1.

Grunt
29th June 2007, 03:09 PM
Played Mac Grange this morning, planned to play 36 but it was a hard walk with the soggy ground still. No Carts allowed today. Played really well for an 82, actually did not think it was that good a score until a mate had added up the cards. Had an eagle putt lip out on the 9th, still got the birdie.:p. Ball striking was really good, only real bad/poor part of the game was the distances I left for the 1st putt most times. If I can get that right the scores should start to tumble.

Gross 82
Nett 64
8 Fairways
4 GIR
32 Putts
5/12 up & Downs.

Hopefully the same good play will work tomorrow in the Matchplay. Not sure a 13 marker can beat me if I do, after giving me 5 holes.

oz
30th June 2007, 11:20 AM
Played early this morning, after some decent overnight rain. I just can't seem to string a round together, anymore. The birdies have dried up, and my short game is deplorable. Poor decision making is leading to too many consecutive bogeys.

31 points. Crap.

Grunt
30th June 2007, 11:47 AM
Crashed out of the Matchplay today and crashed out hard!!!
Had a run in in the pro shop before we started and me not being mentally tough enough to block it all out, let it totally stuff my round.
Was 4 down after nine, play was really slow and I just gave up, telling my opponent & a mate that the match was his if he liked as I had no further interest even though I may have been able to come back. I lost out to the mind games played by the son of the club captain.

BrisVegas
30th June 2007, 12:25 PM
Monthly Medal today off the blacks.
86 gross for 80 nett...
10 fairways
9 GIR
37 putts

I actually hit it ok, but struggled around the greens. I even had a double hit on the 12th which started the rot... Was still fuming about it on the next tee and lost my drive in the junk. So, double, triple.... Had 6 pars on the back and hit some really nice irons and solid drives. Oh yeah, and I putted woefully!

oz
30th June 2007, 12:36 PM
We had a double-hit in our group today, too, BV. On the 5th.

Short game is where it's at. I feel I hit the ball as well, if not better, now than I did 3 years ago..... yet my handicap is in reverse gear. I just cannot score. Work to do.........

Flowergirl
30th June 2007, 01:51 PM
Not much golf for me due to one of my girls injuring her foot and being off work for 6 weeks. Oh bother!!!

Played social 9 holes and it was so cold and the rain was threatning. Amazing how the heavy atmosphere affected the ball. Hit the ball well but took 4 holes to figure I needed 2 extra clubs to get the distance.
Did the dumbest thing though. Was 70 mtrs out and thought a nice full sand wedge will get me there - hit a beautiful shot - over 100 meters over the fence behind the green and onto the road. Opps! The sandwedge was a 7 iron. I know - I should have noticed but I didn't !!! Embrassing:oops:
4 pars - happy
2 bogeys - ok
3 doubles - 2x 3 putts:smt093 and one penalty - crap!!!

Playing 18 with Johnny boy in our Matchplay. I only have to give him 11 shots!!!!!!!!!!!:smt093

Jarro
30th June 2007, 02:10 PM
hit some really nice irons and solid drives.

How does the D2 go compared to your old driver Dion ?

Is the V2 75 much better than the old Graf Blue you had ?

BrisVegas
30th June 2007, 03:23 PM
How does the D2 go compared to your old driver Dion ?

Is the V2 75 much better than the old Graf Blue you had ?

The shafts are fairly similar I think, other than the extra weight in the V2. It's hard to compare because I haven't hit a D2 with a Graf Blue and vice versa. On normal swings I get a little fade shot, but when I catch one really solid it goes fairly high and dead straight, which was the same shape I got out of the 905S.

I really like the extra forgiveness of the D2 though. When I hit i bad now, it doesn't go as far right or left as the 905S did.

AndyP
30th June 2007, 05:05 PM
.....me not being mentally tough enough to block it all out, let it totally stuff my round.
Was 4 down after nine, play was really slow and I just gave up, telling my opponent & a mate that the match was his if he liked as I had no further interest even though I may have been able to come back. I lost out to the mind games played by the son of the club captain.
This seems to be something that wrecks quite a few of your rounds. It's going to be hard to find consistency if you can't harden the **** up. ;)

Grunt
30th June 2007, 05:34 PM
Maybe I should just give up totally!!! Would save everyone.

Fishman Dan
30th June 2007, 05:48 PM
Not everyone. I'm sure the bloke you played today wasn't too fussed.

Grunt
30th June 2007, 06:00 PM
He was as pissed off, but he handled it better than I did.

mikezone13
30th June 2007, 09:43 PM
I never understand the point in getting pissed at slow play.. getting annoyed just makes the round seem to take longer... have a whistle and get over it and your golf will be the better for it.

As for having a 'run in' in the pro shop before your round I dare not ask over what... unless it's a run in with someone who ran over your dog or slept with your missus leave it in the car park/pro shop and enjoy your golf...

goughy
1st July 2007, 06:26 AM
Grunt, your run in sounds like a mouth-off at the weighin of a boxing match. I'm guessing it was with you opponent? If so, I'm dying to know what they did to get you so riled up!

Grunt
1st July 2007, 06:53 AM
Grunt, your run in sounds like a mouth-off at the weighin of a boxing match. I'm guessing it was with you opponent? If so, I'm dying to know what they did to get you so riled up!

No it was not the opponent at all. Opponent was a mate and we were ok with it all. It was with the son of the Club Captain who works in the Pro shop.
Long story of a family getting involved in a club and changing rules to suit family members. Have found out recently they were driven out of another local club only to come to the club and get in with the owner.

I was not going to sit around and let them change rules to suit, I stood my ground and the son (19) of the captain, he works in the pro shop, started quoting rules to me that never stood. Previously I caught him cheating on the golf course and when I brought it up to the committee(his Dad) I was told that his marker (his sister) had no problem with my accusation and had signed his card. Nothing was going to be done. 10 minutes in the rough looking for a golf ball is a breach in my book, then to find it in deep rough. I went to my bag and proceeded to show him in the rule book where he was wrong. I think throwing the rule book at the desk may not have been the right thing to do, but the other members actually thanked me for putting him into his place after the round.

Definitely going to follow everyones advise this time, I am out of there. Just need you all to remind me next March to find another club.

Courty
1st July 2007, 07:22 AM
Why wait until March?

Jarro
1st July 2007, 11:32 AM
38 pts (19/19) with 2 wipes :evil:

7 fwys
7 GIR's
33 putts

.. at Nudgee today.

Bruce
1st July 2007, 12:52 PM
32 points around The Dunes yesterday. Windy, squally and quite testing. It as fun. Good enough to win the beers from our little social group.

Short game was pathetic again and I gave up any sort of airborn route in favour of the 6I for the back 9. A double Adolf on the 4th was the low point of the day and I have to find a way to get out of the blocks better. A 12/20 back to front split on the points is an indicator of how crap I am at starting my round.

Grunt
1st July 2007, 01:59 PM
Got back on the horse today, but another horse. Played at Botany.

83 Gross
65 nett (par 66)
37 points
8 Fairways
2 GIR
30 Putts
6/12 Up & Downs

Played really well, wind was very strong. Short game was not that crash hot.

Fishman Dan
1st July 2007, 03:54 PM
......Previously I caught him cheating on the golf course and when I brought it up to the committee(his Dad) I was told that his marker (his sister) had no problem with my accusation and had signed his card. Nothing was going to be done. 10 minutes in the rough looking for a golf ball is a breach in my book, then to find it in deep rough. I went to my bag and proceeded to show him in the rule book where he was wrong.

I don't think there's much you can do if you're not the marker. Getting upset over it definately isn't the right thing - why don't you just pick another group?

I think throwing the rule book at the desk may not have been the right thing to do....

You think?

Let me get this straight - you actually threw a projectile at someone?

Definitely going to follow everyones advise this time, I am out of there. Just need you all to remind me next March to find another club.

I'll believe this when I see it. Not that we're sick of reading this soap opera, but people have been advising you to leave this place for 2 years.

It's just a game Grant.

Grunt
1st July 2007, 04:04 PM
Why wait until March?

Very tempted after the great game I had today at Botany, may not be the greatest course in Sydney but nice bunch of blokes. It also is run pretty well too.Good Deal at the moment too, $400 no joining fee.

I'll believe this when I see it. Not that we're sick of reading this soap opera, but people have been advising you to leave this place for 2 years.

Is going to happen this time. I got sucked into "we are working on it", "That won't happen again", guess I actually believed them.

It's just a game Grant.

Today's game proved it, I had a great time this morning @ Royal Botany.

McCoy
1st July 2007, 05:02 PM
Very tempted after the great game I had today at Botany, may not be the greatest course in Sydney but nice bunch of blokes. It also is run pretty well too.Good Deal at the moment too, $400 no joining fee @ Royal Botany.

$480 at RAE, $100 join fee and $380 subs for you civilians. Flat $250 for military personnel. How much extra would you spend on petrol a year going to Botany? I reckon the grog would be cheaper at RAE. Just another option for you Grant.
Plus there aren't any "black holes" at RAE like there are at MacGrange, so if you do slam a drive down the fairway at RAE it will actually be there.

Grunt
1st July 2007, 05:18 PM
$480 at RAE, $100 join fee and $380 subs for you civilians. Flat $250 for military personnel. How much extra would you spend on petrol a year going to Botany? I reckon the grog would be cheaper at RAE. Just another option for you Grant.
Plus there aren't any "black holes" at RAE like there are at MacGrange, so if you do slam a drive down the fairway at RAE it will actually be there.

Thanks mate but I don't really need a new club as I have Bathurst. If I do join another Sydney club Botany is high up the list. RAE is an option too. Botany has many ties with myself, from being my first club to the fact my best mate is the pro there. Petrol is not that big a worry as my car is on Salary Sacrifice and fuel is paid for already.

Enough of this stuff anyway, one thing I learnt today and yesterday is that, I can play this game and I just have to back myself and not let others get into my game.

Fishman Dan
1st July 2007, 05:53 PM
Or throw books at people.

Grunt
1st July 2007, 05:55 PM
Or throw books at people.

Worst part of it all was if I had hit him there would have been quite a mess, Shit splatters!

Flowergirl
1st July 2007, 10:34 PM
32 points around The Dunes yesterday. Windy, squally and quite testing. It as fun. Good enough to win the beers from our little social group.

Short game was pathetic again and I gave up any sort of airborn route in favour of the 6I for the back 9. A double Adolf on the 4th was the low point of the day and I have to find a way to get out of the blocks better. A 12/20 back to front split on the points is an indicator of how crap I am at starting my round.

Hey - fancy not calling in for a beer.:shock: ;) You were brave - yesterday's weather was a shocker so 32 points at The Dunes is a good effort.:smt038

Well Johhny Boy v Flowergirl's match play was played today in pleasant wintry conditions. The heavens opened just as we hopped in the car. I had to give the old bugger 11 shots - we went neck and neck all day - with Johnny boy winning 1 up. :smt038 I missed an easy putt on the 17th that would have had us level going into the 18th but the occassion got to me and I had to give him a shot on the 18th and his double was good enough to match my bogey for the win. He played the best he's played for a while - should never have given him my old driver - he hit it too well. :smt023

Bruce
2nd July 2007, 07:17 AM
Sorry Reenie - would have given you a call but I had to race back to town in time for the Bledisloe match.

PeteyD
2nd July 2007, 07:54 AM
And it was worth racing back for too !!!

Courty
2nd July 2007, 07:56 AM
Played a 4BBB stroke on Saturday. My partner & I shot 71 :roll:. Personally, I was striping the driver & long irons, but the shorter stuff wasn't working real well. :???:

Fishman Dan
2nd July 2007, 07:57 AM
And it was worth racing back for too !!!

Only the last 20 minutes really - so the excuse for not staying for a beer is still wafer thin ;)

Moe Norman
2nd July 2007, 11:05 AM
Sat 30th June Robina Woods
FWRR: What could have been!

77 off the stick for 36 points (34-43)

To kick off a mates bucks weekend we hit the golf course for a hit and had a few brews (which may have cost me!)

Started bird, bird, bird and was loving life. Longest putt I had to hole for that start was a 10 footer on the 2nd, the birds on 1 and 3 were both under 5 feet. I then knifed an 8 iron over the 4th and nearly got up & down and was still feeling pretty confident. Finished the front 9 one under after also missing a pretty easy up & down chance on the 8th.

Then the booze started to kick in a bit and I came home in 43, just hit 3 poor drives that really cost me. Tee shots on 11 and 14 went in water that I forgot was there (really should play my home course more often!) and hit it OB on 16. Played these 3 holes in 5 over to ruin my round, but made birdie on 18 to finish with 36 points.

8/14 Fairways
8/18 GIR
1/7 Up & Downs - this really hurt me, some were relatively easy ones from the fringe and I just couldn't get it done.
1/1 Sand Saves
29 Putts
4 Birdies
7 Pars
5 Bogeys
2 doubles

Ill blame the booze for the back 9, but to be honest I hit good tee shots on 11 and 14 but had just forgotten about the water hazards short of the greens.

dc68
2nd July 2007, 11:11 AM
Sounds familiar Moe... Saturday and Sunday I turned -1 and managed to totally screw up. Had 36 Sat and 37 Sun. 21/15 and 21/16.... Woeful.

BrisVegas
2nd July 2007, 11:19 AM
good shooting Moe. How's the back going?

Moe Norman
2nd July 2007, 08:21 PM
Back is fine for golf as long as I don't carry.

dicky - sensational nick and the boys were very impressed with the course. I've got a tribe of Ross Watson fans on my hands.

Flowergirl
3rd July 2007, 06:34 AM
Back is fine for golf as long as I don't carry.

dicky - sensational nick and the boys were very impressed with the course. I've got a tribe of Ross Watson fans on my hands.

I loved him in Daddy Cool and Mondo Rock..........oh Watson..........sorry.:oops:

Great golf by the way.:smt038

PeteyD
3rd July 2007, 08:10 AM
Just take em to Pac Harbour ;) hehe

Moe Norman
3rd July 2007, 10:27 AM
nah, Indro is much closer :)

Matt 3 Jab
3rd July 2007, 06:40 PM
27 points today at wallacia.

I hit the ball really well i felt, just with the tiny greens and pins cut on weird angles my short game and putting just was not up to scratch.

But i felt good about how i hit it so came out happy in the end. Bit of practice with the flatblade and hopefully i can start shooting some low numbers!

Cheers for the game grant.

Grunt
3rd July 2007, 07:46 PM
Deleted

BrisVegas
4th July 2007, 07:04 AM
matt & grunt - it's a new week....

Grunt
4th July 2007, 07:19 AM
Thanks Dion.