Chris32
29th June 2007, 09:20 AM
Will get some video done this weekend

What is needed in terms of angles and clubs etc

Cheers

addamsmith
29th June 2007, 09:26 AM
Hi chris
Can you please just video a couple from the front and Down the line of Driver, 6 iron, wedge, and chipping.
If you can send them to me on a disk.I also need your address please so I can send off the Disk set aand starter pack please.
Once again welcome aboard.
Addam

Chris32
29th June 2007, 10:15 AM
Ok mate no probs

Chris32
3rd July 2007, 08:09 AM
CD on its way up, it has 9 iron, 7 iron and 5 iron swings (approx 15 each) and driver. View is down the line and also side on

I didn't get any chipping or putting as of yet, ran out of battery

I can already see a few things just by watching the video, but I will wait until I hear from you, as I don't want to change anything until you have a look and we will go from there.

The main thing I will continue to work on is my posture, I have been doing some exercises over the last 3 months to slowly get this back to normal. Working in front of a computer all day is really had a effect over the last 7 years! But its better than it was, and getting better each month, so I will continue with these

Judging by my round on Saturday, quite a few things need attention!

addamsmith
3rd July 2007, 09:59 AM
Hi Chris
Looking forward to getting it mate,
I will get straight back to you.
Addam

addamsmith
6th July 2007, 04:08 AM
Hi Chris
First thing we need to do is to get your posture right. Your knees are way to bent and it is almost like you are sitting down. The problem here is that your lower body is not taking advantage of the swing.
Below I have added red lines and thats how you are now the yellow one is how I would like to see you.
To do this ,Tomorrow I will post some pics to change this.
I think we should make sure we do one thing at a time.
Thanks mate
Addam
PS
You did a great job on the video for me to.

addamsmith
6th July 2007, 12:41 PM
Hi Chris here is a drill for you to get a better posture when setting up to hit the ball.
pic 1
Stand up with a ball on the ground or on a tee, club parrallel to the ground with a good grip (see last post from me in brads section) with a slight fend in your back. Legs straight
Pic 2
Bend from the waste a bit at a time with the club still parrallel to the ground and keep you legs straight.
Pic 3
Keep your legs straight and keep bending over from the waste. The club will soon be behind the ball.
Pic 4
Now when the club is behind the ball, uncock your legs so they are no longer stiff and straight but just bent a little bit.

Do this drill 100 times a day for 1 week and your posture will look sweet.

Chris32
9th July 2007, 07:57 AM
OK mate will do.

I just checked out the grip from Brad's section, I will compose a picture of the grip and the posture drills and work on them.

One thing at a time is fine with me, I actually hit the ball good on saturday, I was 4 over through nine holes, and the back nine I didn't score on 6 holes!

addamsmith
9th July 2007, 08:46 AM
Hi Chris
No worries mate,
It is always best to work on only one to two things at a time so we can get the best results.
Addam

Chris32
10th July 2007, 03:31 PM
Well I did the above about 60-70 times last night, I lost count after 40!

Used some muscles I didn't think were there, but after about 30 it started to feel a bit more natural

I hit some balls this morning, just a dozen or so wedges. I used the posture drill for my setup, and couldn't believe that after about 10 or so hits I had a look at the wedge - One mark about the size of a 20c piece right in the sweet spot! I have never seen that before, so it has helped with consistant ball striking

So far so good!

addamsmith
10th July 2007, 04:20 PM
Great chris , don't sue me if you start waring out the centre of your clubs now:smt023
You sould start to feel much more solid off the face and more spin with the new setup.
Chris don't for get to send me a video or pic of your grip and your new set up.
It is so important to practice to get use to your new setup so it feels more natural to you.
Addam

Chris32
10th July 2007, 05:10 PM
Will get a few pics on the weekend mate, might even get a bit of video too.

I have only hit a handfull of balls, but the thing I noticed was consitancy of the strike, I'd always hit one either thin, fat or sweet, but never with much consistancy. i guess thats from the knee flex I had, but so far so good.

off home now, will get some more drills in tonight and persist with it more

Chris32
16th July 2007, 11:01 AM
Didn't get chance to get any video on Sunday, spent all day fixing cars!

On a good note though, I stuck with the new posture for a practice on friday at lunch time. Also changed my grip from a interlock to a overlap (vardon). This felt odd, but the results on the range spoke for themselves.

Persisted with the posture change and grip on saturday, and had my best round so far playing off 12 - 37 points. Par is 71 and the CCR was 73. I came fifth overall and lost .6 on my handicap to go from 12.4 to 11.8.

Everythig is progressing well!

Courty
16th July 2007, 12:36 PM
Good work, Chris. Keep it going.

addamsmith
16th July 2007, 01:19 PM
Well Done Chris
It will take a while to get use to the new grip and posture but you will get a lot better results. Come on mate keep the handicap dropping for me and make me proud.:smt038
Also don't forget on the back swing to keep the flex in your back knee. Don't straighten it out keep it bent.
Get some swings to me when you can.
Addam

Chris32
16th July 2007, 02:29 PM
Yep, my knee stayted flexed, both had a small amount of flex, nothing like before. Just a touch flexed from the locked postion, as per your pictures above

I found with that posture, I was allot more balanced and had a nice free swing at the ball. I even got a few drives out past where I used to hit them during summer, which with the heavy winter ground and high launching driver, was quite plesasing!

The change of grip was probably the hardest to do, as I have never held a club like that before. Last night I hit a few balls out in the paddock and went back to the interlock and that felt wierd! So I am getting used to the overlap grip.

I removed most of the knee flex in my putting stance too, and that helped with my putting as well.

Overall, I think my score on the weekend reflects the effort I have put in during the last few weeks, and it won't stop here!

I three putted 3 greens as well from inside 20ft, one was on the 17th hole. I got a bit dark on myself, as I knocked a birdie attempt about 3ft past and lipped out coming back.

I will get some more footage to you hopefully this week and see how I am coming along.

I didn't hit any big blocks out to the right either, which is a common trait of my game. I even hit a few drawing drives when I had to keep it away from the OB on the right of a few holes. Ball flight is still mainly a fade, but that suits my course.

My stats where as follows -

10/15 effective tee shots (faiway or light rough with a shot at the green)
6 GIR
34 putts
1/1 Sand saves

Chris32
31st July 2007, 01:43 PM
Got my pack today Addam, I'll give you a buzz over the next few days,

Cheers mate

Chris32
8th August 2007, 09:17 AM
Just sent you a email addam, with the game sheet attached for saturday.

Want to get a bit of a practice plan happening now all my car stuff is sorted. I want to come up with a plan to focus on practice that will be beneficial, rather than just bashing balls at the driving range

addamsmith
9th August 2007, 02:07 AM
Sounds Great Chris,
I will have you working harder than VJ
Addam

Chris32
17th August 2007, 08:35 AM
I'll call you today/tonight to discuss mate.

Had a few good practice sessions this week, I have some new footage of my last range hitout, its on its way up to you

Chris

addamsmith
17th August 2007, 11:00 AM
Good stuff Chris,
Looking foirward to it.
Addam

Chris32
8th October 2007, 03:45 PM
Well bit of an update for me

Bit working hard on a few things addam had got me doing the last month or so. Its slowly coming around - its hard to kick old habits!

Been meaning to call you addam, but have been really busy at work. I will be getting some more video shortly to show you how the changes are coming along.

As you can see in my golflink, I have had a few shockers, but I have managed to take positives out of each of those rounds and learn from them ( i have also picked up a doz ProV1's in birdie comp prizes :) )

At the moment, the good swings are getting better, but its when a old bad habit tries to creep in with the new swing the result is a bad shot.

I've swapped irons for something a bit more forgiving too for a bit of confidence while I go through this period.

I'll be in touch soon mate