PDA

View Full Version : Braddles Internet Lesson Session's

addamsmith
28th June 2007, 11:25 AM
Wow, I just got brad's dwing video in the mail and great work mate ( love the comentary on it)
I spent the last hour breaking down the driver and There are 2 main points to watch here mate
1/
On two down the line driver shots your shoulders are open and your feet are spot on.
But if you fix the first fault by turning your shoulders to being square with your feet it may fix fault number two.
2/
The second one is you set up on the heel of the driver with the ball.

Now Next thing is you have a fantastic swing, the last shot with a iron and hit it next to the pin have a look at your set there your shoulders and feet where spot on and you stiffed to to a couple of feet,( I could here the club house members cheer from here)
Below are some break downs of your swing from the side as well and great work on the swing disk mate.
Please call me regarding a few things I can give you to do to help this.
Addam

addamsmith
3rd July 2007, 01:37 PM
Side veiw of Big Bad Brad's swing
Looking good
Addam

addamsmith
3rd July 2007, 01:39 PM
I will do be back on tonight with some info
Addam

addamsmith
3rd July 2007, 09:31 PM
Hi There
Brad and I spoke on the phone tonight and I have asked him to do these changes with his set up
Picture below.
I have asked Brad to set up off the toe of his driver.

The reason why is if you set your ball up high to hit the driver and you put the club hovering behind the ball and off the ground with the ball in the sweat spot area and then you let the club drop onto the ground the ball will now be on the Toe of the Driver.
So if any of you are setting up with the ball in the middle of the club with the Driver and it is resting on the ground and then you hover the club now you will be hitting on the heel of your driver.
Remember the driver at impact is not on the ground but around 1 inch above the ground at impact with the ball.
Addam

Jono
4th July 2007, 06:29 PM
That's a great powerful swing you got there, Brad. 8)

Addam, what do you think about his strong left hand grip? This seems to get him in a pretty shut position at the top with the club face ...

braddles
4th July 2007, 07:13 PM
Thanks Jono.

My left hand is stronger than I would like, however it is very hard to change! It is weaker than it was when I was playing well in my uni days, however I no longer have the time to practice/compensate for faults.

The things I noticed about my swing after watching the video (the first time I have really tried to analyse my swing) were:

1. Club getting too far behind me in the backswing. This causes me to lift the club to the top of the backswing.
2. Shut club face at the top. It might even be across the line.
3. Swinging from in-to-out.
4. Head moving off the ball.

No wonder my bad shot is a hook! Hopefully Addam can fix these faults.

My ball striking used to be the strength of my game, however it is now putting - I never thought I would say that! I have been shooting some good scores lately (73-75), however I only hit one fairway in my last round of 73...and that was a lay-up with a 3 iron.

Brad

addamsmith
5th July 2007, 03:27 AM
Hi Johno
Yes brad does have a strong left grip and a good neutral right one. I think if I can get Brad to weaken a bit at a time he will end up with a great grip. For a good player it is so much harder to change the leading hands grip instead of the rear hand and that is because it is the first hand that grabs the club.So when you start to change that to fast you can really cause some major issues with the head. One really good point here is brads right hand is good so we only have to change the left hand.
Addam

addamsmith
6th July 2007, 04:23 AM
Hi Brad
Man with all these cds I feel like I was on the course with you ha ha.
Great work with them. You have given me some really good stuff here.
I would really like to work on one thing at a time with you so i don't blow your brain out with to much stuff to think about.
When you have the chance to try the driver work out let me know how that goes first.
Thanks Mate
Addam

miro
6th July 2007, 07:54 AM
Addam and Brad,

Firstly, Brad nice swing.

Secondly, Addam I have a similar issue to Brad -bad shot is a hook/pull and I feel my left hand has gotten way too strong on the grip over the last 12 months. Can you talk me through your view of an appropriate positioning of the left (leading) hand for a low single figure maker (i.e. no major swing issues -lots of little ones I suspect!!).

addamsmith
6th July 2007, 12:20 PM
Hi Guy's
Brad this is the way I would like you to set up to grip the club.
In the first photo,
1/ Take the club in your left hand
2/Try to get your left wrist flat
3/ Your left hand will feel very week.
Now
Grip it with your right hand as you have been
you will now end up with a neutral grip.
Both of the thumbs will be pointing up towards the centre of the chest.
I do not want your left wrist completly flat just like in the pictures
Do this as a part of your set up and please work on it.
Maybe grip a club 100 times a day as a drill.
Let me know how you go.
Addam
PS Miro
this is a great way for you to get a good solid medium neutral grip that may help you fast.

braddles
10th July 2007, 10:49 AM
Hi Addam

I have changed my grip and I didn't hit any hooks...however I sliced everything! I guess I was making compensations in my swing to stop hooking. It was funny hitting bigger slicers than the 27 handicapper in my group. I started to hit the ball better towards the end of my round, so I guess it is just a matter of sticking with it.

I will be overseas from 13 July until 12 September. Hopefully I get a few tips from Tiger at the British Open! I am hoping to spend a couple of hours on the practice tee watching the different swings. I will try and get some video footage if I am allowed.

Good luck to the other students. Hopefully I can catch up when I return!

Brad

addamsmith
10th July 2007, 12:35 PM
Have a great trip mate, think of us all when you are there having a great time.:smt023
Addam

braddles
11th September 2007, 11:47 AM
Hi Guys

I just returned from nine weeks touring around Europe. I hope everyone is improving after Adam's tips.

A few thoughts on finally getting to see Tiger Woods play at the British Open. Firstly, half the gallery was following his group, which made it pretty hard to see. The best place to see him was at the driving range. I watched him for about 30 minutes and I don't think he missed a shot. It was very impressive watching him hit high/low shots and fades/draws, all landing within metres of the flag. It is a pity he didn't take the ball striking onto the course. The first shot I saw him hit was off the first tee on Friday. He hooked his shot so much that it went out of bounds - it almost hit me on the way through. If anyone recorded either the second or last days of the British Open, I would love to get a copy.

Adam, I have the rest of the week off work and hope to play a few rounds, as I haven't played since the first week of July. We will have to try and squeeze a lesson in, as I have a lot of catching up to do.

Brad

addamsmith
12th September 2007, 12:58 PM
Great to see you had a wonderful trip and did not marry a pom and stay there:lol:
Give me a call and we will catch up.
Most of the guy's have been busy.
There has been a lot of bad weather here in Oz while you have been away and I think it did affect there practice.
Addam