View Full Version : Matt 3 jab Internet Lesson Session's

addamsmith
28th June 2007, 12:18 PM
Hi there
I will soon be adding Matt's info in
Addam

Matt 3 Jab
2nd July 2007, 02:36 PM
Here is my latest range session, addam will add more later but here is the comparison that i made. Big difference.

Red: Start

Yellow: Top of backswing

Blue: Impact

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/1237/swing272007against15620cj5.png

Matt 3 Jab
2nd July 2007, 02:42 PM
Ok, as a run down of what ive been doing:

the video on the left shows a big lift at the top which is bad

What ive been doing is swinging with my feet together to keep my head down during the backswing

The results speak for themselves, more practice needed with it but im making good ground. Addam will put the side photos up later and will show that im creating a good amount of lag, but still needing to work on the left wrist at the top of the swing.

Onwards and downwards as it seems

Matt

addamsmith
2nd July 2007, 02:53 PM
Matty
What a great difference mate, The feet together drill has worked a treat. I have studied the driver and 7 iron swings to your old ones and wow the improvement is fantastic.Your head is staying much more in the circle and and now the setup to top of swing and impact are in the correct sequence.HIGH/MIDDLE/LOWER
I will post tonight your driver impact position and I can't beleive how much lag you now have, amazing.
Just remember when you are on the tour and need a manager/caddie ME ME ME:lol:
Great work mate
Addam

Matt 3 Jab
2nd July 2007, 04:13 PM
Cheers addam, it'll be good to see how the swing goes tomoz and the next few games.

Once i get some video of my putting and you recover from feeling physically sick from watching it then we can work on that part.

Matt 3 Jab
2nd July 2007, 06:05 PM
I chucked the video up on youtube so you can all see how it looks in motion.

The link is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9OXzch_5XE

Enjoy and give feedback!

addamsmith
2nd July 2007, 06:10 PM
Matt
Great lag and load up with 7 iron and Driver

Jono
2nd July 2007, 07:17 PM
Swing's looking good, Matt. Should start seeing some results on the course soon.

Hey ... you can test your swing on Saturday ... see if it stands up to the pressure of 5-5-10. 8-)

Matt 3 Jab
2nd July 2007, 07:24 PM
whats 5-5-10?

Grunt
2nd July 2007, 07:28 PM
5 Bucks first nine 5 Bucks back nine 10 bucks overall.

Jono
2nd July 2007, 07:36 PM
whats 5-5-10?

$$$

8-)

Matt 3 Jab
2nd July 2007, 08:34 PM
Sounds good to me jono, bring your a game and i'll bring that putter for you too!

Jono
2nd July 2007, 09:05 PM
Sounds good to me jono, bring your a game and i'll bring that putter for you too!

You're on. In the blue corner, young Matt with his revamped swing and his trainer Addam ... In the red corner, aging, fat and out of shape Doc and his numerous training aids ... 8-)

Oh, BTW, don't worry about the putter. I've just bought a new, custom made putter. The lie angle is 10 degrees flat! :shock: :lol:

Speirsy11
3rd July 2007, 06:57 PM
In the red corner, aging, fat and out of shape Doc and his numerous training aids ... 8-)

You talking about me or you? 8-)

I'll profit on this trip home if you guys want to play me 5-5-10 each........

:p

Matt 3 Jab
3rd July 2007, 07:21 PM
I'm having one 5-5-10 match, i cant afford to lose anymore than that!

Jono
3rd July 2007, 09:23 PM
Why don't we make it 5-5-10 for everyone? Everyone puts in $20. 8 people. Winner of front nine gets $40, winner of back nine gets $40 and the overall winner gets $80. If you have a really good round, you could potentially make $140 profit. 8)

Jono
4th July 2007, 08:57 PM
I'm no expert, but here's something I noticed in your Youtube clip, Matt.

I've drawn some lines against the footy posts in the background as reference lines.

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/2493/mattaddressjh8.jpg

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/3745/matttoppv9.jpg

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/4214/mattimpactgx5.jpg

From address to the top position, you seem to be "falling forward" a bit ... ie. your weight is going a bit towards the ball. Your head moves towards the ball as well. From there to impact, your hips moves away from the red line, again towards the ball and you seem to lose your spine angle.

I've seen drills where you swing the club with your butt resting against something like a chair ... In fact, I think I saw our very own Toolish doing this drill. 8)

Toolish
4th July 2007, 09:06 PM
Yep, Jono is right...I have done that drill, I used to dip into the ball a lot and chair swings helped...also swinging left arm only helped a lot as it is harder to manipulate the club and therefore posture changes show up more as you bury the club in the ground or hit it thin.

Be careful with chair swings though, it can eliminate all hip movement, including rotation, if overdone.

Speirsy11
5th July 2007, 03:20 AM
Don't change anything until after Saturday..........

:lol:

addamsmith
5th July 2007, 04:16 AM
Hey Guy's
You have it wrong, it is not Matt moving it is the posts in the back ground.;)
Matt, sticking a shaft into the ground off your left bum cheek and keep you cheek against it will fix this as you swing.All what has happened and is common, when someone has a lift in there swing and changes it they may start to dip and come off the ball.
Don't worry to much mate, just try this drill for me.
Johno will end up meeting up with you for that match and bring along a chair:lol:
Also the main reason this is happening is at address your spine is fairly straight but at impact it is arched so it is the main reason this is happening.
Look at this pic of elk below at address and impact the spine is almost the same with both shots.
I will get you to call me and I will discribe a good rotation drill with a club on your shoulders to help with this.
Also thanks guys with your imput this is what it is all about.
Addam

Speirsy11
5th July 2007, 04:22 AM
Hey Guy's
You have it wrong, it is not Matt moving it is the posts in the back ground.;)
Matt, sticking a shaft into the ground off your left bum cheek and keep you cheek against it will fix this as you swing.All what has happened and is common, when someone has a lift in there swing and changes it they may start to dip and come off the ball.
Don't worry to much mate, just try this drill for me.
Johno will end up meeting up with you for that match and bring along a chair:lol:
Also the main reason this is happening is at address your spine is fairly straight but at impact it is arched so it is the main reason this is happening.
Look at this pic of elk below at address and impact the spine is almost the same with both shots.
I will get you to call me and I will discribe a good rotation drill with a club on your shoulders to help with this.
Addam

I'm still going to take his $20.

Courty
5th July 2007, 08:15 AM
Off-topic for a sec, but why is Elk hitting when there are still people on the green?

AndyP
5th July 2007, 09:03 AM
Addam
But surely it's better for M3J to only work on things when you suggest, as he may be getting ahead of himself otherwise?

addamsmith
5th July 2007, 11:18 AM
I agree Andy
With this type of lesson's that I am doing it is so important not to get to messed up in the head, Golf is a mental game.
I think it is important to get feedback from the guys but to much info can cook the brain.
Some drills work and some make other things start to happen like the drill with the chair.
The idea of posting this stuff is so any members can read and mabe use some of the drills and idea's in there swing problems.
I have spend over $15,000 on lessons since I was 15 years old to give you all some free tips.
Addam

Matt 3 Jab
10th July 2007, 03:16 PM
Ok, video quality should be better now as we got a cheap digital video camera so at least it may improve it a bit, and i think max shutter speed is able to be set at 1/2000 so what ever that means.

Today i played with a mate, loading up my right side on the backswing and trying to stay back with my head but get my weight forward.

Mixed results, hit some good high (very high) shots but just seemed to cut it a bit and the flight of my shots was high but a little weaker than usual. Hope to get some vid up tomoz but my ball striking has improved alot which is good.

addamsmith
10th July 2007, 05:33 PM
Hi Matt
Just before impact when the club is in this position does your swing look like this.
Right foot still on ground
Right wrist cupped
Left wrist Flat.
Let me know, or is your right foot coming up or has the weight transfered to the inside of the right foot and still on the ground.
Addam

Matt 3 Jab
10th July 2007, 06:16 PM
Will take some video possibly tomoz and let you know.

The hip thing was very hard to do, felt like i was spinning out of the shot, it feels like im moving all over the place now.

The loading up my right side feels great, but im just unsure how to get back down to the ball, some shots were great, but im still spraying it way right from 100m and in and as i said before the flight today was very very high.

I guess its a long road..........

addamsmith
10th July 2007, 07:06 PM
Hi Matt
The load and release is one of the hardest things to master, It will take time but beleive me mate it will be worth it.
Give me a call and I will talk you through some motions.
Addam

Matt 3 Jab
16th July 2007, 05:26 PM
Tried to clear the left hip back today

Result: Thinned slices and pushes

No idea how to swing the club anymore, feels like im spinning out, will be taking some video tomorrow and sending it to addam.

Putting still woeful, addam took on more than he can chew i think, i suck!

miro
16th July 2007, 05:46 PM
Matt,

You are a talented young guy. Focus on Addams advice one thing at a time. Clear your mind and hit the ball. Its that easy.

addamsmith
16th July 2007, 11:18 PM
Hi Matt
Don't get down mate, Just remember what I said, Ferrari's have to be tuned as well.One nut and bolt at a time and some of them nut's take time to undo. If golf was easy we would all be shooting 59's.
Give me a call.

Matt 3 Jab
19th July 2007, 06:51 PM
I'm back on the wagon and things are actually looking good with the swing, it almost looks like im a player now lol

Tour swing in no time, cheers addam!

Matt 3 Jab
12th April 2008, 06:41 PM
update!!!

feel free to comment.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcXVrZL08pU

perci
12th April 2008, 07:04 PM
update!!!

You look like Gomer Pile!

Nice swing though!

AndyP
12th April 2008, 07:52 PM
So the internet stuff is still happening? Coz we've heard diddly squat from coach or student for ages.

Jono
13th April 2008, 11:38 AM
Looks good, Matt. Your legs are bowed at address ... Make it look like you are riding a horse or something ... Whole lower body remains quite stationary which works for someone flexible like yourself. I prefer some movement of the legs (like Jack Nicklaus).

Impact looks good. 8)

3oneday
13th April 2008, 01:50 PM
So the internet stuff is still happening? Coz we've heard diddly squat from coach or student for ages.I was expecting the coach back any day now, he's just listed some stuff on ebay ;)

virge666
13th April 2008, 05:01 PM
update!!!

Let your right hip move a little back over your right heel on the back swing - it will give you more room on the way down. Really nice swing though... best one I have seen on a forum for a while.

Bowed legs are fine - Faldo use to do a beach ball drill to get people like that - I think leadbetter still does it.

Matt 3 Jab
13th April 2008, 07:07 PM
Cheers virge, i actually had a good range session this week and very keen to get back into the game more.