PDA

View Full Version : PeteyD Internet lesson Sessions

addamsmith
23rd June 2007, 05:41 PM
Hi Guy's and gals'
Today Peter and myself went out to Lakeside Golf Course on the Gold Coast for a hit.The course was in great condition and it was so windy
From the first tee I could see that Pete's Set up was all wrong. He was way closed with his shoulders where open. He was coming across the ball and blocking shot's.
Also his chipping was too much wrist action.
We played 9 holes and hit 1000 balls into each green :shock:
Hit started to hit the ball really well, his alligment was so much better and his impact improved 100 percent.
He hit some great bunker shots and nearly holed 2 chip's.
I feel because peter is a big guy and hit's it very solid when he makes good contact with the ball, Once we fix his impact and Pete keeps a good straight left wrist through the ball he will be a full club longer off the tee.
This is what I had him doing from the first Tee.
I had him feel like his feet where open to the target. At first he did not like it but after a few holes he had it right every time.
I worked on the impact and put a tee in front of his ball and made Peter hit past the ball and take the tee out of the ground ( this worked great and his impact improved so much)
In the Bunkers I had him hitting a fake $5.00 note under the ball so he took sand and Man did he start to get som spin.
Chipping was great after a few holes with keeping the left wrist as straight as possible through the ball.
He hit some fantastic drives on the par 4 and one was up along side mine :smt023
All in all we had a fantastic day and I got some great video of his swing.
I wish all my internet students lived close to me, I would love to take them all out for a day of golf.
Below is a picture of Pete on the 9th Tee
Thank's pete for a great day
Addam

Jono
23rd June 2007, 05:48 PM
Your setup looks great Pete ...

Now tuck your shirt in! :lol:

addamsmith
23rd June 2007, 05:55 PM
How good are those legs,

Iain
23rd June 2007, 06:06 PM
Addam, what is your swing theory based on? Do you try to work with peoples swings and make small adjustments or do you have a basic swing pattern that you fit??

addamsmith
23rd June 2007, 06:25 PM
Hi Iain
I do have really one swing theory But with teaching, until your student has a good solid swing, I think the best method is more just to do small Changes at a time and try to get the student to build a good solid golf swing.
I think the best thing is to first fix the fault then improve the concept of there swing.
As far as one type of style I use,
I love the Golf machine "brian Manzella/Ben Doyle" way of teaching and try to use alot of there method's in my lesson's.
One thing you can't do is try to make someone like me 5'9 tall and stocky swing like tiger. My build is like craig parry:-s , so I more so have to model my swing to suite my build if you know what i mean.
Addam

Ducky
23rd June 2007, 06:29 PM
Looking good, Petey.

Iain
23rd June 2007, 06:37 PM
Ok Addam, sounds good.

Just wasn't sure if you were like the Edwin guys, a one swing fits all type....

markTHEblake
23rd June 2007, 06:47 PM
How good are those legs,

They dont look much better than mine, but then again, mine dont have to carry much.

PeteyD
23rd June 2007, 06:54 PM
Hey leave the chicken legs alone ;) This is QLD Jono, lucky to be wearing a shirt in the first place. It is winter I guess.

Addam, thank you very much. I think a lot of constructive stuff was done today. And thanks for not mentioning the skinny chip that nearly took your head off ;) I am very happy that I signed on for this, and recommend it.

Jarro
24th June 2007, 06:20 AM
I'm looking forward to another round with the new-and-improved Pedro very soon ;)

addamsmith
24th June 2007, 11:31 AM
Here are some pictures I got off the video from Peter yesterday
first one was of pete and after he kept his head down through the shot made great contact in the bunkers

addamsmith
24th June 2007, 11:34 AM
Next one was how pete broke down the left wrist at impact, we worked really hard on this and at the end of the day we had great results.

addamsmith
24th June 2007, 11:36 AM
This is where we want pete to be at impact

addamsmith
24th June 2007, 11:40 AM
Pete started to get great positions on the takeaway after a few hole he hit some great shots, This one was of his driver on the takeaway

addamsmith
24th June 2007, 11:55 AM
How good is this set up now

Courty
24th June 2007, 03:49 PM
How good is this set up now

You sure that's Petey? :-s

Looks more like Ernie Els. ;)

Jono
24th June 2007, 05:14 PM
You sure that's Petey? :-s

Looks more like Ernie Els. ;)

Ernie wouldn't tee up 6 inches forward of the tee markers ... :twisted:

Looking good Pete ... :smt023

Rusty
26th June 2007, 09:13 PM
ah Pete this is exciting. you play much better than your handicap. can't wait for it to come down.

PeteyD
26th June 2007, 09:30 PM

Looking good Pete ... :smt023

Parallax error ;)

andylo
27th June 2007, 07:04 AM
PD I am sooo happy for you. From what I see from the pics I can only see the good things.

Keep it up and spare more time to practice. Your golfing skills will improve a lightyear ahead in no time :D

dc68
27th June 2007, 07:46 AM
Looking good Griff..... now to get him to play as much golf before the champs so he doesn't go choppa on our asses.

Jarro
27th June 2007, 07:55 AM
I hate to threadjack but that house looks like a nasty position on the 1st hole. Is this the Lakeside course near Helensvale ?

Always on the job 'eh Dicky.

Man that's dedication :wink:

Fishman Dan
27th June 2007, 07:57 AM

But he might still be 2 clublengths from the Red markers?

Nice pink shirt too. If you walked around my club with your shirt untucked like that I'd have you kicked off the course.

PeteyD
27th June 2007, 08:13 AM
Like to see you try fishwhick. Dickie yes lakeside near helensvale.

Oh and the shirt is purple mate, so that other hackers can see me in the trees :D

andylo
27th June 2007, 08:25 AM
I hate to threadjack.....

Then don't do it :twisted:

Fishman Dan
27th June 2007, 08:49 AM
Then don't do it :twisted:

Wow - that's a Catch-22 if ever I've seen one!

You're not going to call your son Major Major Major Major are you?

andylo
28th June 2007, 07:12 AM
Met up with PD last nite in the range and I am very amazed the outcome after his playing lesson.

Hit started to hit the ball really well, his alligment was so much better and his impact improved 100 percent.

Addam, thats an under, understatement!!! I would say his impact has improved 400 precent! He starts making a proper impact noise off the club face, with a much ideal trajectory (higher but still penetrating enough) and I would conservertively say at least 1 club longer than before if not 1.5 club.

PD is a very fast learner too (probably something to do with Addam is a good teacher). With the amount of works they covered I would say I have hard time to consume it all in just 1 full day.

Long story short, siginficant change with very significant improvement.

I am happy for ya PD :D

Addam, 2 things I would like to mention, and 1 thing I'd like to ask....

1) PD still need "reminder" to square up his shoulder vs hip/leg. He will swing 5-6 times then go back to his gay old posture, stuff it up and wonder what he did wrong.

2) Lets say if he has a correct setup. He tend to have a incorrect timing to release the club. (He release it waaaaay to early) which can produce chili dipper, or low hook/pull. I suppose time is running out and you guys didn't get to work on this timing thing long enough? IMO early release is part of the bad habit we developed when we had our hack swing.... which we need to release the club with full intention.... just to hopefully get the club face square and get a 1/2 decent impact. Its fairly hard to get rid of in a short period of time but with a bit of explantion and hard work from PD's side he will be on the right track in no time.

3) If your next playing lesson with PD is on the weekend, can I join you guys? I am not trying to take advantage of free lessons/tips. I have my own things to work on anyway. It just that it will really helps to improve a lightyear ahead if you have a practice buddy. I will know what you want PD to works on, and when we practice together I can remind him what he did right/wrong. (Like yesterday I reminded him about the shoulder/leg alignment issue)

PD I suggest you practice harder then now, preserve your handicap and join us in the next couple of big OZG days :-p

Jarro
28th June 2007, 07:44 AM
Did Pedro have a slight press forward with his hands at address ??

Fishman Dan
28th June 2007, 08:05 AM
Addam - I think someones trying to move in on one of your bitches!!

Ducky
28th June 2007, 08:36 AM
If your next playing lesson with PD is on the weekend, can I join you guys? I am not trying to take advantage of free lessons/tips.
I don't see any problem with it for the small fee of $350.00.

addamsmith
28th June 2007, 11:10 AM
Thanks Andy
The early release of the club is a big problem with a lot of player's, The problem is when you release early you waste power. Alot of Pete's problem is that he overswings and then casts back So I want to work with him to shorten his back swing.
When we shorten the back swing I am going to help him to create lag like the below picture's.( I had to get a top model in from europe to take these photo's):lol:
99% of early release is because of overswinging.
The dave leadbetter pump drill is a great drill for this problem.
Addam

PeteyD
28th June 2007, 11:14 AM
Damn I hope you didn't pay that model much ;) hehe

addamsmith
7th July 2007, 11:24 AM
Hi Pete
Can you please take a photo of your grip with a 7 iron and send it to me please
addampga@bigpond.net.au

PeteyD
7th July 2007, 12:38 PM
Will do Addam. Did very well today nett 66 in Monthly Medal.

addamsmith
7th July 2007, 01:12 PM
Fantastic work Pete
I hope you lost a few shots with that mate, With the changes so far it will take about 6 rounds and it will get better and better.
Addam

Jono
7th July 2007, 07:45 PM
Good work, Pete. 8)

Eag's
7th July 2007, 07:51 PM
Will do Addam. Did very well today nett 66 in Monthly Medal.

Top stuff Pete :smt023

Grunt
7th July 2007, 08:42 PM
Well played Pete. Good to see lessons working.

Rusty
8th July 2007, 05:40 PM
Pete, slashed 2.8 down to 21.8, great going!!

addamsmith
22nd July 2007, 10:55 PM
Hi All
I took the Unit out for a hit at Lakeside today and what a improvement in all aspects of Pete's game.
His posture,grip,impact and setup was so much better, He hit some great shots today.:smt023
It was super windy and on a few holes he had to aim so far away from the green.
On the 6 th hole uphill 170 meter he hit it straight over the flag and into the bunker directly behind the flag. :smt023

On the 7th hole 152 meter, pete hit a SUPER shot to about 6 inches into a gale of a wind and took my money.:smt038

Here are a few shots of the day.
We spent a few hours after working on the short game and changed pete's putter setup. His chipping was super at the end and I am not kidding when I say the greens there are running at around 11 on the stimp meter.
On the 4th picture below , Pete had to aim over the tree on the right and hit a great shot but the wind took it left of the green. One thing todat every time pete hit a good shot he had a little draw.

Well done mate, I am so impressed with your swing and how much you have practiced to get to where you are.
Addam

addamsmith
22nd July 2007, 11:06 PM
Also I would wager $20.00 that Pete is going to take out the c grade club champs at his home track!!!!!!!!:wink:
This Pic was of him on the last hole, again little draw pin high left of the green.
Addam

Eag's
23rd July 2007, 07:09 AM
Sounds like things are coming along great Pete, keep it up mate :smt023

Courty
23rd July 2007, 07:11 AM
Looking good, Petey. The swing is coming along very nicely.

addamsmith
18th August 2007, 09:05 PM
Pete
Did you want to catch up in the next 2 weeks.
Let me know
Addam

PeteyD
23rd August 2007, 09:34 AM
Addam,

Any chance of something on Saturday September 1? or maybe the Thursday or Friday before?

Pete

addamsmith
23rd August 2007, 10:38 AM
Hi Pete
Thursday and fridays are out for at least 4 weeks. My son is away from school for that time on wed, thur, fri, He goes to a special school because he has Autism and the main teacher that has him will be away for this period.
The problem is with saturday is that is my wifes day away from the kids.
Is there any monday tues you can do.
Or even sundays
Give me a call and we can work out something.
Thanks Mate
Addam