PDA

View Full Version : Keperra golf club info....

jaster
21st September 2004, 08:48 PM
I'm coming to Bris on the 3 Oct playing at Keperra, what should I expect?

jaster
21st September 2004, 08:59 PM
Found this but it has nothing on the courses :(

http://www.keperragolf.com.au

terryand
21st September 2004, 09:02 PM

Trees...yeah theres some trees

Sand...yeah theres some sand

Rough...yeah there some rough

Oh yeah and grass.....lots of grass

Hope this helps :smt023

Terry.

P.S....Water...yeah theres some water...

drunken
21st September 2004, 09:10 PM
hey I don't know anything about the place, but I just discovered on their website that I have reciprocals with them :D

damoocow
21st September 2004, 09:11 PM
Jaster - I am currently on a try before you buy membership at Keperra - have been playing there for at least 20 years - love the course - as for info -it has 27 holes and they play 3 configurations - OLD [the best / main 18] - WEST and NORTH use half of the main 18 and the 3rd nine [commonly referred to as "disneyland' by members - as only kids play there and it is a long way away !] the 3rd nine suffers in comparison to the main 18 in terms of both condition and layout - a bit rough and short - as for the OLD course - a strategic front 9 [shortish but shot placement vital ] and a great back 9 with a few risk reward holes and a few where do i need my tee shot to end up holes - I'm sure you'll love it - are you playing a comp ?
damoocow

jaster
21st September 2004, 09:11 PM

Trees...yeah theres some trees

Sand...yeah theres some sand

Rough...yeah there some rough

Oh yeah and grass.....lots of grass

Hope this helps :smt023

Terry.

P.S....Water...yeah theres some water...

Nope, not one bit...thanks heaps for the info :roll:

terryand
21st September 2004, 09:12 PM
Seriously though Jaster there are no hidden demons there. Only played it a couple of times and had no real dramas.

Terry.

jaster
21st September 2004, 09:15 PM
Jaster - I am currently on a try before you buy membership at Keperra - have been playing there for at least 20 years - love the course - as for info -it has 27 holes and they play 3 configurations - OLD [the best / main 18] - WEST and NORTH use half of the main 18 and the 3rd nine [commonly referred to as "disneyland' by members - as only kids play there and it is a long way away !] the 3rd nine suffers in comparison to the main 18 in terms of both condition and layout - a bit rough and short - as for the OLD course - a strategic front 9 [shortish but shot placement vital ] and a great back 9 with a few risk reward holes and a few where do i need my tee shot to end up holes - I'm sure you'll love it - are you playing a comp ?
damoocow

Hey Cowman....thanks for the info, wonder what configuration they will play..hmmm?

I'm playing matchplay for the DDGA against the BDGA, thought I better get some inside info off the brisbanites cause I am going to need it bigtime!!

jaster
21st September 2004, 09:17 PM
Seriously though Jaster there are no hidden demons there. Only played it a couple of times and had no real dramas.

Terry.

Thanks, going to try and get them to send or fax me a copy of the card and the layout...strategy is where it is at!!! 8)

damoocow
21st September 2004, 09:25 PM
Jaster - they usually play the OLD course for anything important [ last week they had the Aust ? colts champs on the main 18 Mon to FRi - PM me your address and I'll send you the cards for each layout - pretty sure they each have a little map on each - who knows - could be the difference between winning and losing ! - actually why don't you get Tezza out there with his laser rangefinder to make you up a yardage book before the big day !!!!!
damoocow

jaster
21st September 2004, 09:30 PM
Good idea damo, can you organise this for me thanks Terry? :lol: :lol: Just kidding!!

terryand
21st September 2004, 09:31 PM
Wow steady on Damo.

Bit generous with my time there.

Haven't even got 5 or 6 hour spare to do my own course yet :shock:

Terry.

damoocow
21st September 2004, 09:49 PM
Tezza - just think of it as a practice run for Windy !
damoocow

Jarro
22nd September 2004, 04:30 AM
you'll love Keperra Jaster.

Really nice layout that's in pretty good nick at the moment. Couple of tricky holes on the back 9 that would give a newbie a few problems.. but just take an iron off the tee and you'll be right :wink:

jaster
22nd September 2004, 04:34 AM
What are you saying Jarro? :oops: :wink:

Maybe I might get a caddie with local knowledge for the day.....any volunteers?

AndyP
22nd September 2004, 08:17 AM
I've enjoyed this course everytime I have played it. Hope you have a good day.

Jarro
22nd September 2004, 01:37 PM
I've enjoyed this course everytime I have played it. Hope you have a good day.

he will now, he's got an expert caddy tagging along :wink:

AndyP
22nd September 2004, 02:07 PM
Who? You? Damo?

I need a caddy for the 2nd at Nambour. Anyone interested?

Jarro
22nd September 2004, 04:28 PM
Who? You?

Yep :smt045

terryand
22nd September 2004, 04:39 PM
Jaster, I take its a matchplay game, if so just check if you can go play a few holes before tee off.

I'm not sure if they still allow this in BDGA events, as they stop on course practice before BDGA pennants.

If so I'm sure you can find a loop to play to get the feel of the course and greens.

Terry.

jaster
25th September 2004, 08:26 PM
Thanks Terry, I'm not sure if it is matchplay as sometimes these events are strokeplay. I hope they allow us to have a little hit beforehand but if not the range should get a little bit of a workout :)

Damo - Your course profile arrived yesterday but I only just opened it as I forgot about it, thanks heaps mate 8)

Jarro - You got your caddie brain working hard plotting your way around for me? :lol:

Iain
26th September 2004, 01:28 PM
Jarro - You got your caddie brain working hard plotting your way around for me? :lol:
Jaster,
You might be in trouble, there is normally only one thing on Jarro's mind..... :? :smt008

Good luck though. :smt023 :smt038

Iain

Jarro
26th September 2004, 03:12 PM
Jaster,
You might be in trouble, there is normally only one thing on Jarro's mind..... :? :smt008

Good luck though. :smt023 :smt038

Iain

hey... you guys have got me all wrong :roll:

jaster
3rd October 2004, 06:13 PM
Thanks heaps for the layout of the course damocow :) It helped heaps and was way better than the one on the card 8)

damoocow
3rd October 2004, 08:52 PM
I assume you played the Old Course Jaster ?- what did you think of it ? - any holes you loved / hated etc - I played 10 - 18 in the arvo and greens were very slow but had a personal milestone - parred the 18th - never done it before !!!
damoocow

jaster
3rd October 2004, 09:00 PM
I played 1 - 18, were you there this afternoon? We only left at 4ish so if I had of know we could have caught up!!!

I think the front 9 was pretty bloody tight :shock: Some really yucky rough and other bundi around!! Nice layout though, the back 9 was a little more open and a few really poor holes :( 14 and 15 are terrible, dry and stoney and what's with the synthetic teebox on 15?? LOL that was funny ;)

Well done on the par on 18....I am a little annoyed as I hit driver on 18 not having played there before, smashed it right through the fairway into the trees on the right :( Totally dead and I make bogey to lose the last hole and square the match...would have only hit 3iron had I play there before...tough tough hole!!

17 is a beaut, little rain and green grass and it would be a GEM!! I hit 5 iron over the green into the hazard at the back on the full :( Still made a 4 and won the hole though ;)

damoocow
3rd October 2004, 09:12 PM
Jaster - hit off at 245 pm - would have thought you and your 'caddy' would have been long gone by then !! - front 9 is tight at Keperra - how did you go on the first ? - course is pretty dry at the moment- I don't mind the 14 and 15th on the 2nd nine [still do not know what that temp tee box is doing on 15 !] - but then again they are really holes you need to play a few times to work out - as for 18 - you really have to aim at the right hazard post on the left side - a bad hole if you nail a drive too straight - .
damoocow

jaster
3rd October 2004, 09:24 PM
No caddie mate :( He pulled out on me ;)

Hit a good drive on the 1st to just before the big dipper....punch 6iron layup as dude I was playing went to the drink...hit it too hard and went in the bunker on the right...stuffed up the next and didn't get up and down, easy 6..dude I was playing got up and down from his drop for a par :roll:

damoocow
3rd October 2004, 09:32 PM
best of luck in the ozgolf champs - plenty of rain down that way so should be nice and green [ if not it is 69 ers fault !]
damoocow