PDA

View Full Version : No more morning golf for me......

oz
21st June 2007, 04:21 PM
At least for a few weeks, anyway. It is getting too bloody cold. O'night temps here tonight predicted at -4*.

Sat morning expected to be -1*.

I usually like to play at 7:30-8:00, but it is just too cold. I am going to play at 11 or 12 for the next few weeks. I don't mind it cold, but in the minuses makes it very hard to keep any feel in your hands.

Oh, and all you QLD'ers can bugger off. I know it is warmer up there! :)

Choppa
21st June 2007, 04:35 PM
Still bloody cold up here though. I was at the range last night, and no matter how many balls we hit, we were still freezing our arses off!

Ducky
21st June 2007, 04:40 PM
It was meant to snow here today, and it's cold enough too. It would be nice to live somewhere that is constantly warm enough to play golf (not that I have the time at the moment though).

Jarro
21st June 2007, 04:45 PM
Man up ladybugs :p

oz
21st June 2007, 04:49 PM
I used to buy those little disposable camping hand warmers... the ones you shake to activate... but I haven't seen them this year.

And don't make ball jokes, jarro..... in this weather, up is the only way they go....... :p

amanda
21st June 2007, 04:51 PM
I used to buy those little disposable camping hand warmers... the ones you shake to activate... but I haven't seen them this year.
try Kathmandu stores

Flowergirl
21st June 2007, 04:59 PM
I know what you mean. I played yesterday - and it rained on and off most of the game. It never got above 9 degrees all day down here and then the wind chill factor kicked in.
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:smt087

kpac
21st June 2007, 05:00 PM
It would be nice to live somewhere that is constantly warm enough to play golf

Costa del Sol: Warm all year round, AND in the summer you can can play 54 holes in a day and still have hours of sunlight spare :shock: :shock:

Courty
21st June 2007, 06:40 PM
It would be nice to live somewhere that is constantly warm enough to play golf

:smt006

Jarro
21st June 2007, 06:43 PM
Courty, i think he meant somewhere that doesn't have raindrops like hailstones also :roll:

AndyP
21st June 2007, 06:58 PM
Still bloody cold up here though. I was at the range last night, and no matter how many balls we hit, we were still freezing our arses off!I bet all the balls felt like rocks too.
And what's all this practicing garbage?

I went to a driving range in Canberra that had several bays with heaters. They were needed. It still wasn't "normal" swinging a golf club with a thick jumper on.

goughy
21st June 2007, 07:09 PM
Yesterday morning at 6.30am we had a wind chill temp of -16 in toowoomba. Got to 3 degrees at lunch with a wind chill temp of -9 degrees.

Even by toowoomba standards it was damn cold. My english seamstress went home at lunch - said she wasn't working in those conditions ;) We got up to 5 degrees in my workshed.

AndyP
21st June 2007, 07:16 PM
My english seamstress ....For some reason, to me that sounds kinky. Does she wear leather?

goughy
21st June 2007, 07:17 PM
No, but she'll sew it!!!!

Choppa
21st June 2007, 10:12 PM
I bet all the balls felt like rocks too.

Oh yeah, and when you bladed them your hands felt like they were smashed with a sledge hammer!

Johnny Canuck
21st June 2007, 11:07 PM
you boys would have a tough time playing winter golf with us in canada. the coldest i have played in was probably about -25 with the wind chill, -15to-20 without. just put on a few extra layers and all is good.
if you really enjoy your golf, you have to make some sacrifices to play up north!

BrisVegas
22nd June 2007, 08:09 AM
Back when I was young and silly (ok, not that long ago) I would play year round in Charlotte, NC. It was often in the single digits farenheit and the ground would be frozen solid. I had a good mate over there who was from New Zealand and we were usually the only ones silly enough to go out in it. We were also usually the only ones on the course who were walking, but that's another story...

Fishman Dan
22nd June 2007, 08:13 AM
you boys would have a tough time playing winter golf with us in canada. the coldest i have played in was probably about -25 with the wind chill, -15to-20 without. just put on a few extra layers and all is good.
if you really enjoy your golf, you have to make some sacrifices to play up north!

No wonder you blokes invented seal clubbing - far too cold for golf!!