PDA

View Full Version : Tiger becomes a Dad

Jarro
19th June 2007, 01:50 PM
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,21931405-23213,00.html

Be interesting to see if this detracts from his game at all ;)

amanda
19th June 2007, 01:55 PM
I wonder if the birth was a C-section so that it wouldn't clash with the US Open?

dc68
19th June 2007, 01:56 PM
Be interesting to see if this detracts from his game at all ;)

We can only hope so.

Moe Norman
19th June 2007, 02:29 PM
I wonder if the birth was a C-section so that it wouldn't clash with the US Open?
err what??

how would scheduling a c-section AFTER the US Open avoid a clash?!

Ducky
19th June 2007, 02:31 PM
Perfect timing, lol.

Jarro
19th June 2007, 02:34 PM
err what??

how would scheduling a c-section AFTER the US Open avoid a clash?!

beats getting "the call" during the third round while you're still in contention ;)

amanda
19th June 2007, 02:36 PM
exactly :) Tiger wouldn't want to be distracted by a crying newborn in the lead up to the US Open if te birth was scheduled before

Jarro
19th June 2007, 02:51 PM
add to the fact that their doctor probably had a round of golf planned for the arvo, having it monday morning made perfect sense ;)

goughy
19th June 2007, 05:37 PM
I believe he was saying that if it looked like his kid was gonna come during the british open he'd not be playing!

Moe Norman
19th June 2007, 08:07 PM
beats getting "the call" during the third round while you're still in contention ;)
i still don't get it.

Scheduling a c-section after the US Open doesn't change the possibility of the baby arriving during the US Open or before it.

dummies.

Amanda and Jarro fail baby 101

BrisVegas
20th June 2007, 08:45 AM
...except that typically c-sections are scheduled at around 38 weeks to help ensure the baby doesn't arrive naturally before the scheduled date.

Grunt
20th June 2007, 08:47 AM
Don't know why there is all the hype for c sections. I saw how it affected Rachelle for longer than i thought it would after Tayla's birth.

amanda
20th June 2007, 09:31 AM
Grant - I read something about this recently:
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/01/14/1073877902421.html?from=storyrhs
That wasn't the specific article (it was more recent - maybe in the last 2 months) - but it was saying the same sorts of things.

AndyP
20th June 2007, 09:34 AM
I figure female GPs have caesars organised for themselves for a reason.

FWIW Beck has been through forceps and caesar.

Grunt
20th June 2007, 09:42 AM
That is what i meant too Amanda, Rachelle did not have a choice, it was an emergency C-section. She was under general not local so did not get to see/feel childbirth.
It was roughly 3 hours after Tayla was born before she even saw her. More than 6 hours before she touched her and over a day before she held her.
For me I was placed outside a door in a hallway and told "a baby will come out of that door soon and be taken to Neo-Natal ICU, that will be your baby". I don't wish that on anyone, it was one of the most traumatic days of my life to see a tiny baby 1.4kg (the size of a loaf of bread) being helped to breath as they rush a baby from theatre to ICU with me jogging beside. I never got to hold her for over 3 weeks!

Also in the following weeks Rachelle could not reach anything over waist height, not allowed to drive a car for a month. That is only the physical restrictions and who knows what mental scars come from it too.

Jarro
20th June 2007, 10:13 AM
..and Jarro also fails babymaking 101.

Says who ?

Colin
20th June 2007, 11:06 AM
That is what i meant too Amanda, Rachelle did not have a choice, it was an emergency C-section. She was under general not local so did not get to see/feel childbirth.
It was roughly 3 hours after Tayla was born before she even saw her. More than 6 hours before she touched her and over a day before she held her.
For me I was placed outside a door in a hallway and told "a baby will come out of that door soon and be taken to Neo-Natal ICU, that will be your baby". I don't wish that on anyone, it was one of the most traumatic days of my life to see a tiny baby 1.4kg (the size of a loaf of bread) being helped to breath as they rush a baby from theatre to ICU with me jogging beside. I never got to hold her for over 3 weeks!

Also in the following weeks Rachelle could not reach anything over waist height, not allowed to drive a car for a month. That is only the physical restrictions and who knows what mental scars come from it too.

C-sections have numerous negatives, but if you need to have one, you need to have one. What I don't understand is people ELECTING to have c-sections thinking they're somehow dodging the unpleasant parts of child birth. Fact is, with a natural childbirth the baby and mother both recover much quicker and can begin the bonding process nearly straight away. A C-section is MAJOR surgery, and to then expect to be a functioning mother straight afterwards is just displaying a disconnect with reality.

Col

Grunt
20th June 2007, 11:08 AM
I agree 100% Colin.

Moe Norman
20th June 2007, 11:27 AM
my wife had an emergency c-section.

took a long time to recover, and even now 9 months later (to the day) she winces if she has to reach up to the top of the cupboard for something.

Moe Norman
20th June 2007, 11:28 AM
...except that typically c-sections are scheduled at around 38 weeks to help ensure the baby doesn't arrive naturally before the scheduled date.
again, how does that prevent an arrival during the Open?!

you guys are cwazy.

Jarro
20th June 2007, 11:40 AM
My missus had both our kids via "C" section.

I never felt a thing

Moe Norman
20th June 2007, 02:58 PM
hope you didn't venture 'below the equator'

Flowergirl
21st June 2007, 09:17 AM
One of the happiest days of his life and some of you guys are cynical enough to think the birth of his first child would be more important to him than a golf game? I think after the genuine emotion he showed with the passing of his father his sincerity could not be questioned.
Congratulations to them both of such a wonderful event.

Courty
27th June 2007, 09:03 AM
http://img.timeinc.net/golf/i/tours/2007/06/june25_woodsfam_402x600.jpg

Courty
27th June 2007, 09:04 AM
http://img.timeinc.net/golf/i/tours/2007/06/june25_samalexis_600x402.jpg