PDA

View Full Version : Adelaide Trip - possible game 23rd June

Courty
15th June 2007, 02:11 PM
Calling Chris32 & Marcel.

I just found out an hour ago that I'm required in Adelaide as of first thing Monday morning :roll:. So, I'm hoping to have time for a game on Saturday (June 23rd). I still waiting for an answer from the powers that be as far as what hours I may have available. It may even be the case that I leave the clubs at home and if the chance arises, I'll just hire the gear down there.

Anyhow:

1. Courty (pencil)

marcel
15th June 2007, 07:25 PM
Courty, I will be playing that day, happy to take you to RA (we do have 3 temp greens however) but am unable to take Chris as he's a SA resident (Saturday rules). I don't know if Chris may be able to organise something for the 3 of us at Tea Tree Gully or we could go to another course.

1. Courty (pencil)
2. marcel

Courty
16th June 2007, 08:08 AM
Cheers mate. If I get the chance to play, it'll be a last minute thing, so don't hold off making your own plans. In all honesty, I'm guessing that I just won't get the time off. But if I do, Tea Tree Gully would be a better option, as it is close to the office (Modbury). I'll know more later in the week.

marcel
16th June 2007, 06:27 PM
[QUOTE=Courty;163047] But if I do, Tea Tree Gully would be a better option, QUOTE]

no probs, if Chris can organise 3 of us all good, if only the 2 of you that's sweet as well.

marcel
20th June 2007, 03:27 PM
Have you heard from Chris. If we don't catch up for golf are you interested in dinner and a drink or 6?

Courty
20th June 2007, 03:32 PM
No word from Chris yet. He may not have seen this thread. Mind you, I haven't sent him a PM though. (I'll do that now).

Dinner/ drinks sounds good. The only night I'll have free will probably be Friday at this stage. I don't have wheels either, but the hotel I am staying at in Gillies Plains has a bar & restaurant.

Courty
20th June 2007, 03:42 PM
Btw, golf is looking like pretty much nil chance.

marcel
20th June 2007, 03:42 PM
Friday is good for me, let me know when you hear from Chris, I'll pm you his mobile.

Chris32
20th June 2007, 04:02 PM
Hey guys, didn't spot the thread until I got Courty's PM!

Catch up on Friday does sound pretty good. My fiance is working until 9.30 in town, and I will have to pick her up, but from 5 until then I have no plans.

Terry, have you ever been to - http://www.tapinn.com.au/

I have always been meaning to go, but never got around to it.

Saturday is a bit iffy for me at this stage, I am either going up to setup the launch of www.thedunesporthughes.com.au (http://www.thedunesporthughes.com.au) (we have done all the printing/banners for it) and have a beer with the Shark (dream on!! lol!) or I might have to play at TTG, as we the final round of a honour board event in which my playing partner and I are sitting in 3rd place, so its all up in the air at this stage!

Courty
20th June 2007, 04:11 PM

Looks good! I'm all in for that if you guys are keen. It may be the only golf I get in for a few weeks. :???:

Courty
20th June 2007, 04:13 PM
Offering a private golfing experience, the simulator includes over 50 courses from around the globe, featuring fairways of Pebble Beach and the famous greens of St Andrews. Up to four can play simultaneously, with features including weather variables and speed analysis.

Who'd have thunk I could go to Adelaide and play at Pebble Beach? :p

Chris32
20th June 2007, 04:15 PM
Yep, I am in for sure 100%

I might ring up and book it, see if we can have a round

Chris32
20th June 2007, 04:32 PM
Courty, as you know I have to drive towards where you are staying, so I can organize transport if needed

See what Terry thinks, the TapInn is near the city, so its pretty central

Courty
20th June 2007, 05:14 PM
Cheers Chris, I won't say no to a lift if you're in the area.

marcel
20th June 2007, 05:43 PM
Tap Inn is fine by me, almost my local. Haven't played their Pebble Beach track however. Food is reasonable and plentiful.

Trung
20th June 2007, 05:44 PM

I can asnwer this one for Terry.

YES, we have been there :mrgreen: .

Didn't hit any balls, just a nice meal with Thorntons.

Trung
20th June 2007, 05:45 PM
Marcel,

Damn you beat me by 1 min.

Courty
20th June 2007, 05:50 PM
Question for the Admin:

If we play a simulation round, are we still eligible for POTY dollars? :mrgreen:

Chris32
20th June 2007, 06:22 PM
What time suits you guys?

I'm in the city, if Courty is out towards Modbury I can probably knock off work a few minutes early and pick you up and pop back into town

Is a booking required Terry, I can imagine Friday nights being quite busy there.

Courty
20th June 2007, 06:32 PM
I'll fit in to your schedule, Chris. Tell me what time you'll be coming past & I'll be ready.

marcel
20th June 2007, 10:11 PM
What time suits you guys?

Is a booking required

Give me a time and I'll ring and see if we need to book, I'm available whenever

marcel
20th June 2007, 10:13 PM
I can asnwer this one for Terry.

YES, we have been there :mrgreen: .

Didn't hit any balls, just a nice meal

As I recall none of us could finish our meal

Chris32
21st June 2007, 09:18 AM
I'll be finished at work at about 5, then I'll duck out and pick Courty up, so I would say we'd be back into town at about 6-6.15 easily

Looking forward to it

Courty
21st June 2007, 09:45 AM
Sounds great. I may have to get you to pick me up from the office (977 North East Rd) rather than the hotel.

Chris32
21st June 2007, 09:50 AM
No probs mate, I will give you a call before I leave to confirm where to pick you up from

Courty
21st June 2007, 09:54 AM
Sweet as, do you still have my mobile number?

Chris32
21st June 2007, 11:59 AM
Yep, will msg you to check

Courty
21st June 2007, 12:02 PM
Message received. ;)

AndyP
21st June 2007, 12:06 PM
What will you guys be wearing?
Do you think you will have chips or potato? Salad or vegies?

marcel
21st June 2007, 04:00 PM
What will you guys be wearing?

It's bl@@dy cold here so I may give the plus fours a miss.

Do you think you will have chips or potato? Salad or vegies?

Definitely a vegie man, with the 'Big Divot' (Beef Schnitzel)

Chris/Courty - simulator is $25 p head for an hour, you can book ahead, there is no-one booked for tomorrow at this stage. Have to supply your own clubs.

I'll sit it out, 2 reasons;
1. With 2 people you'll get more playing time each
2. No alcohol allowed in simulator room

Chris32
21st June 2007, 04:07 PM
It is cold here at the moment isn't it, first time I can remember having to get a bucket of water to wash the ice of the car windows in the morning.

I don't mind bringing my bats if you want to have a crack in the simulator Courty,I reckon it would be a bit of fun!

Courty
21st June 2007, 04:20 PM
I don't mind bringing my bats if you want to have a crack in the simulator Courty,I reckon it would be a bit of fun!

I'm up for it if you are. 8-)

marcel
21st June 2007, 04:25 PM
I'll see you in the main bar about 6.30 unless I hear otherwise

Chris32
21st June 2007, 04:48 PM
I'm up for it if you are. 8-)

For sure, I'd like to have a go

I'll give you a call when I leave work and work out where to pick you up from

See you around 6.30 Terry, should be a good night

Courty
23rd June 2007, 02:34 PM
Quick review here (http://ozgolf.net/forums/showpost.php?p=164169&postcount=5).

Courty
17th July 2007, 11:50 AM
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/4086/tapinn03vd5.jpg