PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing June 4th 2007

Flowergirl
6th June 2007, 05:44 PM
Monthly medal today. Played with two great girls!! Yeah!!!!
44 and 41 for a tidy 85 gross - net 69. Yea!!! Drove well - nope drove great!!! Love my new driver. Putting let me down - missed a lot of short ones. CCR was 69 so no handicap drop -BOO!!
Won A grade gross. Nett winner had a 64 - runner up 65. Great scores hey!!
85 is one of my lowest scores - so I'm a happy little golfer today.

Eag's
6th June 2007, 05:49 PM
Well done Reenie, you are in form at the moment :smt023

Grunt
6th June 2007, 05:59 PM
Great Golf FG.:smt038:smt038:smt038

Jarro
6th June 2007, 06:01 PM
Nice shootin' Reenie ... nuthin' like a new driver to kicksart a purple patch in form ;)

Courty
6th June 2007, 06:59 PM
Great stuff, Reenie. You've really been playing well lately. :smt038

nuthin' like a new driver to kicksart a purple patch in form ;)

You'd know all about that, wouldn't you JarHo. :roll: :razz:

Flowergirl
6th June 2007, 08:34 PM
Thanks guys. Your encouragement means a lot.:mrgreen:

kpac
6th June 2007, 09:07 PM
Rocking rounds FG!!! top stuff. (good company helps doesn't it!)

Aint it a bugger when you break par and your handicap doesn't get the credit. grrr

TS
6th June 2007, 09:16 PM
Well done FG, it is much better to be the gross winner than nett.

Fishman Dan
6th June 2007, 10:28 PM
Well done Reenie. You're playing some great golf. Win gross and not lose any handicap? That's a WIN WIN! ;)

Flowergirl
7th June 2007, 10:10 AM
I love you guys.:smt060

dc68
7th June 2007, 10:54 AM
Nice work Reenie.

AndyP
8th June 2007, 06:40 PM
08/06/2007, Horton Park GC, Solo Social

8/13 effective T-shots.
6/18 effective approaches.
7/12 up & down successes.
30 putts.
--------------
10 pars.
7 bogeys.
1 double.
Score 41-40-81 nett 70 (Par 36-36-72)

I managed to sneak out for a quick 18 this arvo, when I only planned on 9. Finished within 3hrs so there's no complaining here.

I'm not sure how to treat this round. On the down, it was only social, so no pressure on a flat track. On the up, I played off the back markers mostly with zero run (about 2m with the driver :roll:).
I guess I can write it down as a solid round without doing anything special.

I'm finding that I start rounds hitting the ball really well, and tend to fade with the ball-striking at the end, although the short game has caught up by then. If I can plod along like this for every round, I'll be happy.

I can't remember the last time I had a hit around a course by myself, and I didn't mind it (as long as there's not too much traffic). I might try to do it now and then.

Next round: 9/6, Mt Coolum Open Cup / OZgolf Matchplay Rd 2 vs Rusty.

Flowergirl
9th June 2007, 08:10 AM
Nice work Andy. Those stats are good and solid. It's nice to "play with yourself" ( and I DO mean golf) at times. Just focus on yourself and no distractions.:mrgreen:

BrisVegas
9th June 2007, 12:20 PM
tough day out there today. windy as I've seen it here and very cold. there, that's my excuses out of the way.

4BBB stab and we had 37 points (22 & 15)!
11 fairways
6 GIR
32 putts
I didn't do much well or anything too badly I guess. Just in a bit of a slump lately.

Grunt
9th June 2007, 01:19 PM
No golf for me as Mac Grange was closed or so I was told yesterday it would be. Been heavy rain here this morning yet again, 70mm since 5pm last night.

AndyP
9th June 2007, 04:53 PM
09/06/07, Mt Coolum Open Cup, Stroke

10/12 effective T-shots. (flattering)
3/18 effective approaches.
8/16 up & down successes. (that's a lot of attempts)
30 putts.
--------------
7 pars.
7 bogeys.
1 double.
3 others.

Score 46-46-92 nett 81 (Par 36-36-72 CCR 73)

With matchplay, I throw these stats in the bin, but......

So much for yesterday's "form". I might be overly focussed on the bad stuff and the opportunities missed in the matchplay, but I was pretty disappointed with my approach shots with irons in general, and a couple of poor decisions that I made.

If not for a hot patch in the middle of the round, I would have been slaughtered in matchplay, but I live to see another day (in fact maybe only one day :roll:).

Next round: 10/6, Beerwah GC, OZgolf Matchplay, prob Stableford.

shazza_rs
10th June 2007, 05:40 PM
Played a 2 man ambrose even at Virginia golf course today.

Played with Pete. Had a 78 gross/62.5 net (par is 71).... didnt' stick around for the presentations. Guys we played with had a gross/net 74/59

AndyP
10th June 2007, 08:35 PM
10/07/2006, Beerwah GC, Stroke/OZgolf Matchplay.

Score: 43-42-85 nett 74 (Par 36-36-72)

I didn't keep stats today, but going through them in my head, they weren't too bad. I thought I was playing pretty crap, with inconsistent drives, and errant approaches. But my game just looked ordinary against my matchplay opponent. I threw a few shots away because it was matchplay, and I'd assumed my stroke score sucked. My comp score was never my main focus.

I'd like to be able to have a consistent miss with the T-shot, pulls left and slices just don't do it for me. And I'd love to be able to strike the ball like I did in my good patch today more often (-1 over 6 holes), especially the approaches.

Next round: 17/6, Nudgee Plate.

Courty
10th June 2007, 08:39 PM
3/18 effective approaches.
8/16 up & down successes. (that's a lot of attempts)

Can you explain how one of your effective approaches also counted as an Up & Down? :-s

AndyP
10th June 2007, 08:50 PM
I was wondering if some knob would ask that. :p

If I chip and still don't make the green, then the second chip counts as another up and down attempt. I think this happened more than once.

goughy
11th June 2007, 07:31 AM
He has his own ways. They work for him. Just don't try and understand them :razz:

Ap's effective approaches don't have to be on the green. He must have duffed one he figured was a good enough result that he figured it would be ok. It wasn't ;)

goughy
11th June 2007, 07:44 AM
I just realised my answer falls down! One of his 3 effective gir's might not be included in his u/p stats. If he putted them he counts them as putt's, not u/d stats.

If you want to get really technical, he had 3 gir, and 16 u/d attempts, but states that he didn't reach the green on more than one occasion with u/d attempts. So in effect there is 2 or more times he didn't reach the green on u/d attempts. That would mean he had 3 gir, and 14 or less initial u/d attempts. So that leaves one or more holes with no stat. I'm guessing these were holes he felt his approaches weren't worthy of an effective gir, but still close enough that he putted and considered it a putt rather than an u/d. Or it could be a hole where he had to chip out from the trees, and hit a subsequent shot onto the green, thus not being an effective gir stat or an u/d stat!

FWIW, my stats record gir and also approach shots. They tell a different story. Mine show that I don't have many gir a round, maybe 20%, but I hit the green aobut 60% of the time with an approach shot. So I'm chipping from the trees an awful lot.

I feel a bit macca today. I frightened to read my own post back and see if it made sense!!!!

Flowergirl
11th June 2007, 08:54 AM
Played yesterday at Rosebud Country Club on a beautiful sunny winters day. It was cool but just one of those magic crisp early winets afternoons. Lovely. Ok - enough of the weather report.:lol:
Johnny Boy and I played in a 4BB - and honestly the first nine I could have slapped him. He forgot that it wasn;t just all about him - he wasn't playing great - and he was being a real sooky la la. So I told him to get over it and focus on playing like a team and having some FUN!!!
So on the 10th he gets a 4 for 4 points. Yea!!! We had 18 points on the front - I was on the card 7 times - and 23 points on the back - John was on the card 7 times. Just goes to show you've got to treat 'em mean to get these husbands to perform sometimes.
I was happy how I played - still loving the new driver - but the three shots in the bunker on the last hole left a bad taste.:smt093

Gee - I had a big week at golf this week - 18 holes MOnday and WEdnesday - 9 holes Friday and Saturday and another 18 on Sunday. I sure am a golf tragic:mrgreen:

AndyP
11th June 2007, 10:36 AM
There's another two posts for the Goughy Vault.

goughy
11th June 2007, 10:41 AM
At least there's effort in them!

Better than

+1 ;)

And is that the same vault where Kenny Everett used to keep his old video and commercial clips - especially the one with the little japanese boys who have a bath together, then one of them farts and is then singled out by the others.... I love that clip!!!

BrisWesty
11th June 2007, 12:12 PM
Played Nambour this morning on the spur of the moment. I think you're right AP, not a course I could jog trot for 18 holes! 29 points after wrenching my neck just before tee off. Couldn't swing anywhere near normal. Came home well because I started out with 7 points after 7 holes. Putted very well.
2 fairways, 2 GIR, 26 putts.

Matt 3 Jab
11th June 2007, 02:48 PM
Played bankstown today. Had 29 points, but felt i hit it alot better than i scored. putter wasent on fire, but made some good strokes! Bring on the 3oneday pencil grip!!

Addams swing thoughts helped me hit it well off the face of the club, but the push was still there a bit and the big squirt right off shorter shots didnt reward some good drives. I didnt hit alot of fairways and greens but off the face was good.

Overall a good day in the sun!

Stats:
Fairways - 4/13
Greens - 8/18
Putts - 37

Jono
11th June 2007, 03:47 PM
Played with Matt, rick3003, and 3oneday at Bankstown today. It almost didn't happen with all the rain we've been getting, but it ended up being a nice sunny day. Bankstown GC was in pretty good nick, a bit damp in places but that was to be expected.

I think I had about 5 3 putts on my way to 40 points ... :oops: I left my first putts way too short on most of them. The "Jabba" stroke is great inside 15 feet but I still haven't got the touch on lag putts. More practice needed. 8) I love the way the Bullseye putter sets up though ... Thanks Dion. :smt023

I don't remember all the stats ... 2 birdies (should have been 3 ... :evil: ) one wash, 5 bogeys, and 10 pars. I think.

3oneday and I combined in the 4BBB for 46 points nett and 37 points scratch. :smt038

mikezone13
11th June 2007, 03:51 PM
Par day today and I should've stayed home... struggled my way around to be all square after 12 holes and then lost 5 straight before finishing with a win for 4 down.

Ball striking was solid but definitely not accurate enough as seen by not many greens and fairways hit, but a few up and downs.

3/13 Fairways - not as bad as it looks, only 2 of them put me in a difficult spot
4/18 GIR - worst performance in a long long time (was just off [within 2m] on a few but still not good enough)
6/13 U&D
0/4 Sandies including a Hitler
32 putts (including 2x3 putts)
1 bird
6 pars
8 bogies
3 doubles

jimandr
11th June 2007, 05:31 PM
You guys who played today have clearly forgotten it is Monday and one of you could've started a new thread. Which I am going to do right now.

chappy1970
12th June 2007, 08:12 AM
Played Foursomes with the old man on Saturday for a Nett 84.

Is there a worse game than Foursomes? I'd be interested to know

Flowergirl
12th June 2007, 10:04 AM
Played Foursomes with the old man on Saturday for a Nett 84.

Is there a worse game than Foursomes? I'd be interested to know

Yep - mixed foursomes - especially with partner.:roll: I was part of winning combo - we won the gross club champs some years ago - and the arrogant male partner( not John) I had claimed it was all his doing. I had to remind him that I hit every second shot ( and I saved his bacon on more than a few occasions).

AndyP
12th June 2007, 10:20 AM
Yep - mixed foursomes - especially with partner.:roll:
Sounds like Shaz and I are in for some great fun in a couple of weeks time.........

shazza_rs
12th June 2007, 11:18 AM
too right andy.......