PDA

View Full Version : Bloody heck - breaking 70?

amanda
21st September 2004, 12:31 PM
I was browsing Golf Digest on the web over lunch and as always, had a peek at the Golf Instruction section.

They now have an article for breaking 70 :shock: I figure this will apply to about 1 in 1 million readers! Or is it just a marketing thing?

http://www.golfdigest.com/instruction/breaking/index.ssf?/instruction/breaking/gd200409breakingintro.html

Ducky
21st September 2004, 12:47 PM
Have you ever done a postmortem on the round you've just completed and counted the number of wasted shots? I'll bet most of those shots happened around the green.
I think the first paragraph sums things up nicely. I always put myself in a good position to score within 80m, and always completely stuff it up. I clicked on the 'Breaking 70' link, and it simply gives me a putting drill (which isn't that original mind you) and tells me the key to 'Breaking 70' is birdies.

Didn't see that one coming...

:roll:

:wink:

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

AndyP
21st September 2004, 12:59 PM
Can you say "Bloody Heck" in this forum? :shock: :wink:

Now that I have broken 80 a few times, I guess reading this article is the next step. :roll:

McMw
21st September 2004, 01:11 PM
amanda, it's not new...there has been serveral times they've had a breaking 70 in their issues...

mainly it has to do with putting and shortgame...

amanda
21st September 2004, 01:29 PM
amanda, it's not new...there has been serveral times they've had a breaking 70 in their issues...

mainly it has to do with putting and shortgame...

OK - this was the first time I'd seen it - in Golf For Women, they only do 100-90-80.

Sometimes I read these things and often the tips for breaking 80 are more applicable - e.g. short game stuff - as I can usually do the things for breaking 100 and 90 :?

Andrew
21st September 2004, 01:52 PM
Amanda,

Maybe they are talking about breaking 70 at 'Tree Valley'. :lol:

(For those non Sydney people - Tree Valley is the crappiest par 3 course you've ever seen.)

amanda
21st September 2004, 02:05 PM
Andrew - I keep meaning to go back there one day - I have only played there once but I'm thinking it might be a great confidence booster!