PDA

View Full Version : Non Conforming Drivers List

Moe Norman
29th May 2007, 11:01 AM
http://www.randa.org/index.cfm?action=rules.equipment.nonconfdrivers

looks like a few of us need to find a new driver, some clubs are now enforcing this list and people are being disqualified from Saturday comps for using non-conforming drivers.

The 510 TP is now officially non conforming :cry:

So are quite a few other common drivers, even the old Titlesit 975J is non conforming which is a bit weird!

Courty
29th May 2007, 11:02 AM
WTF! :evil:

On closer inspection, it only says R510, no mention of TP. And only those with no score lines in the centre of the face. Mine has score lines. Phew!

On second thoughts, it could be a good excuse for a new purchase. :twisted:

Boonie
29th May 2007, 11:14 AM
That is just the J-VS with the Hcr on the face that in non-conforming Moe, the J is fine.

There must be every Japanese driver ever made on that list.

Moe Norman
29th May 2007, 11:19 AM
mine doesn't have scorelines - none of the tour issues do.

Boonie
29th May 2007, 11:31 AM
mine doesn't have scorelines - none of the tour issues do.

Yours is fine Moe. Outdated but legal;)

Moe Norman
29th May 2007, 12:11 PM
might have to get a watermelon on the end of a stick - aka the 905R :)

markTHEblake
29th May 2007, 12:22 PM
which clubs are enforcing this?? I have only seen AGU events adopt this condition.

Moe Norman
29th May 2007, 12:36 PM
well they all should be, its in the rules of golf.

PeteyD
29th May 2007, 12:51 PM
Damn there are a lot of clubs on there. 510 TP is not in that list Moe ???

Moe Norman
29th May 2007, 02:37 PM
they don't specify TP or not TP, just that no grooves on the face is non conforming.

A few people have since told me that the tour issue oens are still conforming, I'll keep using mine until told otherwise.

Courty
29th May 2007, 02:39 PM
they don't specify TP or not TP, just that no grooves on the face is non conforming.

It's my understanding that an R510 & an R510TP are completely different clubs. For starters, the original R510s were only 330 or 340cc, whereas the R510TPs are 390cc or thereabouts.

Boonie
29th May 2007, 02:40 PM

A few people have since told me that the tour issue oens are still conforming, I'll keep using mine until told otherwise.

Moe,

Perci and I have both told you - yours is fine!

You still need a new watermelon though;)

Colin
29th May 2007, 02:52 PM
Loads of clubs on that list - how do they enforce it on the spot and tell which are conforming and which are not?

jimandr
30th May 2007, 08:50 PM
I remember this list being released last year (I presume they issue one every year). A guy who wasn't an internet junkie told me it was a great reference point to tell a knockoff/fake from the real thing, as most of the fakes didn't conform. Hence the small cosmetic differences between the conforming and non-conforming clubs.

I don't know if it is true or not.

The only real impact as far as I can see will be for those few people still using ERC's, but their non-conforming character has been known for years.

Courty
12th January 2008, 10:13 AM
The 1st of January came & went with barely a whimper. But I just checked my inbox and found an email from the golf club advising of the ruling about non-conforming clubs and how the club will be policing it. They have posted a list on the notice board & in the clubhouse so members can check what they've got. Knowing how out-of-touch many of the members at my club are, I'd love to have a share in Golf World over the next few months. :twisted: :roll: