PDA

View Full Version : A special invitation to the Champs

goughy
28th May 2007, 06:27 AM
OK, I had an idea last night (still taking panadol after the headache it gave me). I've been thinking of inviting Leah Treadwell to this years champs. I think she'd like to the people Leon spent much of his golfing and online time with, maybe hear some stories etc. Considering where it's being held this year, and that several of our partners are coming, I thought it might be the place to do it. She knows Robyn well too (they were at school together, small world I know) and there are plenty of other activities there to keep them occupied.

Obviously I haven't spoken to her about this at all. But there is one more thing I'd like to ask. I was hoping that we might be able to cover her costs for the weekend. I would guess that an amount in the vicinity of $10 per attending member would be the most it would cost. It wouldn't be a requirement of anyone to participate. It's just something I was thinking about last night.

I've been wanting to hold a good bye game for Leon in Toowoomba for ages now, but it's a tough thing to find the most suitable time etc. A lot of people who would like to be involved would be excluded due to their location etc.

But the champs is the one time we have many interstaters here and also many of the Qld members. Anyway, I just thought I would mention it.

Of course I don't really know if Leah will want to attend, or that she could even make it that weekend. But I wanted to ask you guys first.

Thanks all!!

BrisVegas
28th May 2007, 06:32 AM
If Leah is interested, then I'm happy to chip in.

Eag's
28th May 2007, 06:52 AM
I would be happy to chip in as well.

Jarro
28th May 2007, 07:11 AM
Sounds like a good idea Goughy, a very good idea 8)

Let's hope Leah takes up the invite.

Keza_G
28th May 2007, 07:36 AM
I'll contribute, whether I come to the champs or not...

Courty
28th May 2007, 07:48 AM

Ditto.

Iain
28th May 2007, 08:32 AM
Good idea Goughy. I'd happily contribute.

Grunt
28th May 2007, 10:26 AM
Great Idea Goughy, count me in for it too.

Flowergirl
28th May 2007, 02:41 PM
of course.

goughy
30th May 2007, 08:47 PM
Leah can't wait to get pissed on saturday night! She's eager to come down. She's been hoping we'd have another bbq up here 'cause she was going to come along to that.

Not only does this now mean I can't pull out of the champs (since I'm driving her down) but robyn can't pull out either! Ha Ha.

marcel
30th May 2007, 09:07 PM

me also

markTHEblake
30th May 2007, 09:33 PM
Good idea goughy, we need one responsible person at the champs.

just add the cost for Leah into the overall package, would be easier that way - right?

BrisVegas
31st May 2007, 06:54 AM
Leah can't wait to get pissed on saturday night! She's eager to come down. She's been hoping we'd have another bbq up here 'cause she was going to come along to that.

I'm planning another end of year BBQ and Brooky game for December, which you Toowoomba folks are welcome to come along to.

Trung
31st May 2007, 07:28 AM
Gouchy, great idea mate.

I'm in..

We should also send an invite to Duncan's parents...

Jarro
31st May 2007, 07:59 AM
Maybe we could do a group pic to send to Duncans parents ?? With a little note attatched telling them about OzGolf and how well Duncan was liked here.

Courty
31st May 2007, 08:01 AM
Good idea.

dc68
31st May 2007, 08:01 AM
Gouchy, great idea mate.

Is that like County?

Ps Super idea Dean I am in.

Fishman Dan
31st May 2007, 08:20 AM

Me three.

Jono
3rd October 2007, 09:28 PM
Me three.

Me four. 8)

Sorry, bit slow ... I only just read this thread. :oops:

Now that we are getting closer to the Champs, have we organised how we are going to collect the money? Should we pay you at the champs, Goughy? Paypal to Ozgolf, perhaps?

Jarro
4th October 2007, 04:20 AM
I'm just gonna give Goughy the cash when i see him.

Is that OK with you G-man ?

goughy
4th October 2007, 05:28 AM
I was thinking of getting robyn to collect it at the champs. We're only tallking about a few bucks from those interested.

Keza_G
4th October 2007, 06:38 AM
I was thinking of getting robyn to collect it at the champs. We're only tallking about a few bucks from those interested.

Scott and I will chuck in $10 each.... i reckon if there is some left over that she could use it ....:smt023