PDA

View Full Version : Fuji Tour Platform 27.3 shafts

Webster
27th May 2007, 08:25 AM
Anyone have experience with these shafts? How do they play compared to say the Speeders and Vista Pro's (in stiff flex)?

Courty
27th May 2007, 09:22 AM
I had one in my R510TP. However, I haven't used a Speeder or Vista Pro so I can't offer a comparison. I pulled the Fuji and sold it MacLeod, so if you can get in touch with him you may get som emore feedback.

Moe Norman
27th May 2007, 03:26 PM
Better than Vista Pro - those things are noodles.

Boonie
28th May 2007, 02:08 PM
Anyone have experience with these shafts? How do they play compared to say the Speeders and Vista Pro's (in stiff flex)?

It's a completely different shaft to those 2 Jack.

It has a fairly soft tip in the S, and is more suited to guys that don't load the club at the top of the swing IMO. For smooth swingers it is a great shaft, and long. Price-wise, it is in between a Vista Pro and Speeder (real) from memory.

Webster
29th May 2007, 07:03 AM
Would the S flex suit me boonie (in a 905S)?

Moe Norman
29th May 2007, 08:56 AM
too soft for you jack, you'll pump them left all day, especially with the soft tip.

Webster
29th May 2007, 09:01 AM
But I am such a smooth swinger these days Moe...

Boonie
29th May 2007, 09:05 AM
Would the S flex suit me boonie (in a 905S)?

I would say it is a touch soft for you Jack, but it might play a bit stiffer in a Titleist because of the bore-through, so could be good in that head.

I have only hit one in a 3-wood and it was a great feeling shaft, and very long. I did lose it left when I went after one though.

Moe Norman
29th May 2007, 09:06 AM
don't you have PX 7.0 in your irons? :o

it would be the right shaft for you if you played Peninsular every week ;)

BrisVegas
29th May 2007, 09:45 AM
I don't see the point of a soft tip shaft in a low spin head like the 905S. Stick a pole in it and pound it with confidence.

Webster
29th May 2007, 11:48 AM
don't you have PX 7.0 in your irons? :o

it would be the right shaft for you if you played Peninsular every week ;)

Yes I do have PX 7.0 in the Eye2's - they are working nicely thanks.

I figure the softer tip might give me a little more height off the tee. We will know soon enough, the box from Fedex will be here within the hour.