PDA

View Full Version : In Brisbane 8th June - Anyone available around 11-11:30 at Nudgee?

mikezone13
25th May 2007, 04:45 PM
Guys,

I'll be up in Brissy on 8th June. I have two meetings out near the airport (aroudn Eagle Farm) and would be keen on a game at Nudgee or Virginia or other nearby track.

Obviously this depends on my meetings being timed close together but one is just a quick 'hello' while the other should be an hour or so.

Can you brissy boys let me know if you're keen and when I know more details (hopefully on Monday) I'll post them up here.

Cheers,
Mike

1/ Mikezone13 74 nett
2/ just 75 nett
3/ jarro 78 nett

Jarro
25th May 2007, 04:47 PM
Mike, i'm available on the 1st.

If you wanna play Nudgee let me know and i'll try and get some more OzGolfers out there with us :)

What time were you thinking of playing ?

mikezone13
25th May 2007, 05:36 PM
Mike, i'm available on the 1st.

If you wanna play Nudgee let me know and i'll try and get some more OzGolfers out there with us :)

What time were you thinking of playing ?

Cheers mate, not sure of time, will either try to schedule my meetings first thing in the morning (which will work if it's a Friday) and then golf after that so from about 11:30am onwards... or last time I came up I teed off at Nudgee at 8:00am in the comp and had a meeting at 2:30pm.

Will have to fit in with my clients though with this one as one is coming from Melbourne and the other from Toowoomba.

Keza_G
25th May 2007, 05:49 PM
I'll be up for any of those days to have a hit .... Count me in... we could sponge a Riverlakes game .... lemme know...

Jarro
25th May 2007, 05:51 PM
Just checked the Nudgee fixture book, comp on the 1st June is a 4BBB stroke :(

.. still keen Mike ?

mikezone13
25th May 2007, 05:56 PM
Just checked the Nudgee fixture book, comp on the 1st June is a 4BBB stroke :(

.. still keen Mike ?

Do you guys play that all the time? Was 4BBB stroke last time I was there...

Jarro
25th May 2007, 06:01 PM
Do you guys play that all the time? Was 4BBB stroke last time I was there...

nope.

You just have lousy timing :p

AndyP
25th May 2007, 09:08 PM
I'll wait and see what is organised, before deciding on whether it is sicky-worthy. ;)

Jarro
25th May 2007, 09:39 PM
I'll wait and see what is organised, before deciding on whether it is sicky-worthy. ;)

we'll all hold our breath in anticipation then :roll:

mikezone13
28th May 2007, 02:54 PM
Guys, date change to 8th June Friday, at this stage I'm aiming for a 9am or 9:30am meeting that should go about an hour, so an 11am or 11:30am tee off somewhere would be great...

Any interest?

AndyP
28th May 2007, 03:01 PM
Alas, I have that day off, but will be on the Sunshine Coast. We'll catch on my trip down at least.

Jarro
28th May 2007, 03:09 PM
Mike, comp at Nudgee on that day is a single stroke.

I start nightshift at 4:30pm so i'd be able to play at 11am or so, if that's what you still wanna do. I'm not sure what comps are on at Virginia on that date :?

Courty
28th May 2007, 03:13 PM
I'll be in Brissy that day, but won't have time for golf. :(

mikezone13
28th May 2007, 03:25 PM
Mike, comp at Nudgee on that day is a single stroke.

I start nightshift at 4:30pm so i'd be able to play at 11am or so, if that's what you still wanna do. I'm not sure what comps are on at Virginia on that date :?

Will let you know mate, it all sounds good to me assuming my time schedule fits in with yours of course.

My meeting is at Pinkenba, how long from there to Nudgee GC do you reckon at that time of day? I may also have to stop by the airport to pick up the clubs as can't really go to a new client with my clubs :)

Hadn't really planned on getting a hire car either.

mikezone13
31st May 2007, 08:45 PM
jarro and others... I'll be looking to finalise meeting times tomorrow (friday) so that means we'll be able to get a tee time booked for Friday 8th.

Wait for confirmation of tee time before you all rush to join in ;)

BrisVegas
1st June 2007, 08:22 AM
I'd love to, but can't get a day off on a long weekend without a medical certificate.

Jarro
1st June 2007, 08:51 AM
What's happening Mike ?

I have to work at 4:30 in the arvo, so need to tee off no later than 11:30 mate... is that any good to ya ??

mikezone13
1st June 2007, 08:55 AM
What's happening Mike ?

I have to work at 4:30 in the arvo, so need to tee off no later than 11:30 mate... is that any good to ya ??

Will confirm today... will call my client and see what time our meeting is set for (we have someone coming up from Melbourne too so need to make sure the timing is right for everyone).

I'm aiming for a 9:30 meeting in Pinkenba for about an hour or just over, will this fit with your timing?

mikezone13
1st June 2007, 09:43 AM
Trip confirmed... flights booked etc.

Meeting Details
Arrive 8:30am for a 9:00am or 9:30am meeting (duration 1-1:15 hours), meeting will start whatever time I arrive at the factory in Pinkenba.

Golf Details
jarro, feel free to book in something at Nudgee that I can make it to and gives you enough time to get to work.

Any others keen now that this 'business trip' has been finalised?

Return Details
Not flying out of Brisbane until 6:45pm.

Jarro
5th June 2007, 09:20 AM
Anyone else wanna come along for a hit with Mike and myself ?

Courty
5th June 2007, 09:24 AM
All the cool kids will be lunching with me. ;)

Jarro
5th June 2007, 09:29 AM
yeah right :roll:

.. you mean, all the nerds will be there :P

mikezone13
5th June 2007, 09:37 AM
Anyone else wanna come along for a hit with Mike and myself ?

Hey mate, what time are we hitting off?

I'll PM my mobile number shortly.

Jarro
5th June 2007, 09:41 AM
we can hit off anytime you like, the comp finishes at 10:30 sowe can stroll out after that.

dc68
5th June 2007, 09:42 AM
you mean, all the nerds will be there

Oi.... screw you hippie.

mikezone13
5th June 2007, 09:57 AM
we can hit off anytime you like, the comp finishes at 10:30 sowe can stroll out after that.

Works for me mate...

Jarro
5th June 2007, 10:32 AM
Might be another prominant OzGolfer coming ;)

Courty
5th June 2007, 10:35 AM
I already said I won't have time to play golf on this trip. :roll:

Jarro
6th June 2007, 02:06 PM
Mike, just a warning ... the weather guys seem to think this rain might hang around 'till Friday :(

Bring your brolly ;)

Courty
6th June 2007, 02:32 PM
or you could cancel & come to lunch. ;)

mikezone13
6th June 2007, 02:41 PM
Mike, just a warning ... the weather guys seem to think this rain might hang around 'till Friday :(

Bring your brolly ;)

Bugger, that's ok though, will pack it in the bag.

Just to check that the showers at Nudgee will be available for me again? Last time I had to borrow a members card from the pro shop to use them.

just
6th June 2007, 05:21 PM
If theres a spot available I'm keen for this!

mikezone13
6th June 2007, 06:04 PM
If theres a spot available I'm keen for this!

I'm sure there is mate.. at the moment it's just jarro and I... I will let the local member confirm that though... ;)

Jarro
6th June 2007, 06:18 PM
Come along Just, be great to catchup with you again :)

We'll be looking to tee off at around 11/11:30, so we'll meet you on the putting green out front of the pro-shop 'eh 8)

Mike, shower isn't a problem, you can use my members card to get in there ;)

just
6th June 2007, 08:40 PM
Sounds good Jarro, see you and Mike there.

Jarro
7th June 2007, 01:33 PM
Mike, make sure you pack the mozzie spray, they're out of control at the moment :shock:

I played around the South Course today and although it's pretty wet, it's still playable and looks great. The North Course should be mint tomorrow if we don't get too much rain today :)

mikezone13
7th June 2007, 01:41 PM
Mike, make sure you pack the mozzie spray, they're out of control at the moment :shock:

I played around the South Course today and although it's pretty wet, it's still playable and looks great. The North Course should be mint tomorrow if we don't get too much rain today :)

Good call there mate, the mozzies love me and I hate them.

Just got word today my meeting will start at 9:30am... the plan is for it not to take longer than an hour.

How long from Pinkenba to Nudgee GC you reckon at that time of day?

Jarro
7th June 2007, 01:43 PM
Less than half-an-hour easily.

I checked with the pro-shop today and we're good to go as soon as you get there :)

mikezone13
7th June 2007, 02:23 PM
Less than half-an-hour easily.

I checked with the pro-shop today and we're good to go as soon as you get there :)

Brilliant... will message you if meeting runs late etc.

mikezone13
8th June 2007, 08:49 PM
Good round of golf guys, thanks for the round, was fun!

Some good golf played and some silly stuff played too... wind was tough but seemed to die down a bit after the first 9 holes.

I was definitely lucky to scrape past the two home track boys with just putting in a late charge.

Jarro
9th June 2007, 01:24 AM
Thanks for the game gents :) Was good to meet Mike, he's not a bad bloke for a kiwi :p plays a pretty mean game of golf too.

Just was hitting the ball pretty well, really starting to get it together now. Good to see mate 8)

The course looked in pretty good shape from all the rain we've had, so i expect it to scrub up pretty well for the plate.