PDA

View Full Version : Navarro / Scott

Golfgirl
8th May 2004, 03:33 PM
Hi All!

I didn't know if this was old news yet or not - I only just heard it this morning, but Tony Navarro is going to leave Greg Norman to caddy for Adam Scott with Norman's blessing. :shock:

I think this will be great for Adam Scott - Tony is a very experienced caddy and has been around for a long time and has been with Greg in some pressure situations. I'm stunned that Greg is letting him go really, they have been a great team for over a decade now.

I wonder what on earth has happened to Adam Scott's caddy? :?:

The story is at www.shark.com is anyone wants to look. :D

goughy
8th May 2004, 03:41 PM
I'm sure navarro was still making good money from greg (even tho he only played a handful of tournaments a year). Considering how little greg plays I doubt he was on just the standard caddie rates. But maybe they felt his talents as a caddie were wasted on someone not playing often.

And I too think it will be great for Adam (we're on a first name basis :smt040 )

CobraSS
8th May 2004, 09:28 PM
Yeah Tony Navarro was on Salary and expenses with Greg, plus a percentage of what he won.

Iain
9th May 2004, 11:34 AM
Yeah Tony Navarro was on Salary and expenses with Greg, plus a percentage of what he won.

I think that is what most long term caddies are on, salary plus %'s. \:D/

AndyP
9th May 2004, 05:08 PM
So is Greg Norman's new caddy, Lleyton Hewitt? After all, he's not doing too well in tennis ATM. :smt003

Golfgirl
11th May 2004, 09:44 AM
So is Greg Norman's new caddy, Lleyton Hewitt? After all, he's not doing too well in tennis ATM. :smt003

Well, I don't know that he's much chop as a caddy either, having followed them around the Hyatt for a couple of days.... :lol: :lol: