PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing 14th May

PeteyD
16th May 2007, 06:40 PM
Yeeehaa another started. Had a bit of a bash around Nudgee today. Pretty awful net 77, putting was dreadful and game was erratic. Did play some nice shots though. No excuses on a course that is holding up quite well in the drought. Greens are in good nic, although bloody hard to read today for some reason.

BrisVegas
16th May 2007, 06:41 PM
you know what they say Petey....

A bad day at golf beats a good day in the office....

cazandpaul
16th May 2007, 06:47 PM
4B stableford - 43 points - steady but not spectacular - good enough to win lunch which is always tasty.

Flowergirl
16th May 2007, 06:49 PM
Last round Club champs - but I'm not in it and would not have been any way. The girl who won had 3 good rounds - offf 9 - 79, 82 and 81. Nice steady golf there. She won by a mile. :shock:

I won A grade today with a 85 nett 69. After a busy Mothers Day week I was happy to be out on the golf course. Gee golf is a funny ame. The last few games I've been saved by my short game. Today - 36 putts and 0/8 up and downs. But my long game was pretty steady. Handicap was down .3 which is good cos I was sitting on 16.4. I realy didn't want to drop back to 17.
Also won NTP 3rd shot on 7th par 4 with a lovely birdie. Don't get too many of those.:wink:
Really enjoying my golf at the moment. I am finally learning to forgive myself for the mistakes.

PeteyD
16th May 2007, 07:39 PM
Very true BV. Inconsistant golf over work anytime.

Jarro
17th May 2007, 05:45 AM
Nett 75 around Nudgee yesterday with PeteyD and Perci.

Sprayed 'em everywhere to start with, the G2 was not behaving itself at all.. probably because of the pair of "Tonk" boys he was up against :roll:

Looking at my stats i realised where i went wrong though ... 35 putts :shock: That's the highest number of putts i've had in a round for a long time :(

Bruce
17th May 2007, 12:45 PM
Also won NTP 3rd shot on 7th par 4 with a lovely birdie. Don't get too many of those.:wink:

So is that 0cm?

Flowergirl
17th May 2007, 01:14 PM
So is that 0cm?

So that's - beat that bitches!!!!!!!!

Jarro
17th May 2007, 01:17 PM
Nice work Reenie ;)

amanda
17th May 2007, 01:55 PM
Great work Reenie - good to hear the handicap is still heading south :)

kpac
17th May 2007, 02:55 PM
Played The Colonial Yesterday for 35pts.
Sounds ok but considering i went out with 22pts and came back with 13!! something went wrong! -> pretty sure it was when i got to the turn and checked my scoring (novice mistake) hit the ball better than i have for a while but the water on the back nine plagued me a little.
Mate that i played with did the opposite - went out with 15 and came back with 23!! how does that work?

Courty
19th May 2007, 04:11 PM
Todays event was a 4BBB stableford and qualifying round for a 4BBB Matchlay tournament. My partner & I had 43pts. Not sure if that will be enough to make the top 16 scores (the matchplay event is quite lucrative and brings out all the burglars :roll:). Individually, I was very haappy with the way I struck the ball today, particularly the irons. However, I was let down by my putting. I haven't done my stats as I didn't finish out every hole, but a quick count comes up with at least 4 3-putts. :oops:

oz
19th May 2007, 04:16 PM
A bad day out with the flat stick today. I hit the ball really solidly tee-to-green, but could not get the pace right on the greens.

Finished with 32 points, which included 5 three-putts, an OOB, and a couple of short misses for birdie <4ft.

On the positive side, I am really loving the new driver (Wilson DD6+ with V2 stiff). Only missed 3 fiarways today, and apart form the brain fart OOB swing, the other 2 misses were minor. Plenty long enough, too.

I am paying the price for not practicing, as my short game is pretty shabby at the moment. Todays putting effort was freakishly bad, so I am just goign to put it down to a bad day, and forget about it. :)

Fishman Dan
19th May 2007, 05:05 PM
30 ugly points (14/16).

Got out of bed, quick clean up, pack the car, get onto the first tee in 40 minutes. Woke up about the 6th hole.

3 putted the first for 5/2, then wiped 2 and 3. Stayed 4 below my handicap pretty much all day until I leaked shots on the final 3 holes, but the damage was pretty much done early. Got off the tee ok, irons were shabby, short game was apalling and putting was torrid.

Off 14 next week :D

Moe Norman
19th May 2007, 07:44 PM
4ball versus Par at Brooky.

8 Fairways
11 Greens in Regulation
34 Putts
1/4 Up & Downs

Picked up on 3 holes so for the sake of scoring gave myself 2 putt double bogies on them. Based on that I had 79 off the beater, which is not too bad from the golds out there, but could have been alot better. I missed a few fairways with the hybrid today which is a rarity. Putting was ok, threatened the hole alot and only had 2 x 3 jabs.

Nothing outstsanding, nothing terrible.

Flowergirl
19th May 2007, 10:34 PM
Played 9 with Johnny boy in a howling gale. Spooky black sky and cold - here comes Melbourne's winter:smt087

Haven't had a practise session for about 4 weeks and it's starting to show. Too many thoughts creeping into the head - always makes a mess of my swing. Practise session coming up tomorrow. Short game was good and the misses weren't bad - just not retty golf. Still managed a 45 which is playing to my handicap.

Told my pro that I've bought new clubs from USA. He wasn't too impressed.:oops: Tough titties I suppose. I've bought a lot of gear off him in the past as well as heaps of lessons. Still feel a bit guilty though.

amanda
20th May 2007, 03:16 PM
Riverside Oaks yesterday - Brad played well for 35 pts (first game since his most recent shoulder injury). I had a very average 25 pts :( Putting was terrible!

The course was in good condition - everything except bunkers. You would think that with all the heavy rain, green keepers would be out working the bunkers with that machine that churns the sand up so it's not a solid pan. Many had sides severely washed out - you could twist your feet all you like and not dig in any.

Slight improvement on the time - 8am tee time, 5 hr round :)

BrisVegas
20th May 2007, 04:08 PM
Played City GC this morning with the lads. Odd sort of a day, I hit some shockingly bad wedges and short irons to make bogeys and doubles from the middle of fairways. Also chipped quite poorly. Yet I also played some great driver, mid-iron approaches on the toughest par 4's for doddle pars. No excuses, just LOFT.

83 gross for 77 nett.
11 fairways
7 GIR
30 putts.

EDIT: oops.

kpac
20th May 2007, 04:27 PM
83 gross for 67 nett.

you're playing off 16 these days mate :o

jimandr
20th May 2007, 05:44 PM
When you go out with very low expectations, it is easy to be pleased with the outcome, so I'm quite pleased with my 36 points today, although not happy with the way I did it.

I had a practice session yesterday, and finished by shanking one in every two of the last 40 five irons. I couldn't work out what was wrong, and only thought it out in the car afterward. So my primary objective today was get through the round without hitting a shank.

After starting with 7 straight pars, the bar was raised, a lot. I played the next 7 holes in 7 over, but no shanks, and finished with 4 straight pars. AND NO SHANKS.

For those who need to know what I did, I concentrated on stopping myself sliding my hips too far forward on the downswing. It seemed to work.

Fairways = 8 of 14
Greens in Reg = 6 of 18, but another 4 were just off the front edge
Putts = 30, zero birdies, zero 3 putts.
Up&Down = 5 of 8
Sand Saves = 0 of 2.

BrisVegas
20th May 2007, 07:32 PM
you're playing off 16 these days mate :o

i had my moments today!:cry:

Jono
20th May 2007, 07:35 PM
For those who need to know what I did, I concentrated on stopping myself sliding my hips too far forward on the downswing. It seemed to work.

G69 also got rid of his shanks by quietening down his hip action. Something in that. 8)

peter_rs
20th May 2007, 08:38 PM
Sat-round 2 club champs riverlakes

Just a grind it out kind of day, then went birdie birdie on 16 and 17, for a 66.

I'm seeded 4th at -5 under (nett). I'm back down to 15.

Sunday- average round at city did nothing well just enjoyed a social game after a long night ;)

Flowergirl
21st May 2007, 07:36 AM
Good Luck for the next round Pete. Nett 66 - handicap drop???

peter_rs
21st May 2007, 08:11 AM
thanks flowergirl.... ccr was 68 so lost 0.6. The good news is the 5 guys a head of me didn't shot the lights out. instead of being 10 of the lead I'm only 5 for gross and nett :( but chasing different guys.

anyway made the seed groups for a second year. This year I'm not going to DQ myself for a non existing rule.

chappy1970
21st May 2007, 09:52 AM
Didn't star yesterday, but didn't disgrace myself either.

Had 36 points with 2 wipes, first wipe was on the 1st for the day (Great way to start Chappy ya tool). Held my own on the front nine for 15 points, couldn't buy a putt either.

Second nine was a lot better, Bogey, Par, Par, Par, Par, Par, Birdie, Double, Par for 21 points. Had a brain fade on the 17th, when a simple par would have given me 23 points and 38 overall. Drive was ok, just wasn't concentrating on the second into the green.

Anyway maybe next week.

Flowergirl
21st May 2007, 10:31 AM
Well done Chappy. How is Southern at the moment? And you had trouble putting - you need a lesson from Bruce;)

chappy1970
21st May 2007, 11:38 AM
Southern is getting better with every drop of rain FG.

I imagine you are an impatient mother at the moment, awaiting the safe arrival of your new babies??

I have bought a number clubs from the states and it is anxious time.

dc68
21st May 2007, 11:55 AM
33 points Saturday........ With 4 wipes and 3 x 1 pointers. Needless to say I was a bit inconsistent.

P.s. P I had another Eagle. ;)

AndyP
21st May 2007, 01:53 PM
20/05/07, City GC, Stroke

5 pars.
7 bogeys.
5 doubles.
1 other
------------
7/14 effective T-shots.
5/18 effective approaches.
3/8 up & down successes.
0/5 sand saves.
34 putts.

Score (B9 1st) 50-40-90 nett 79 (Par 37-33-70)

Didn't really play too well or at least not at the start. The fairways I missed were by too much and had me scrambling to get through trees, which lead to too many doubles or worse. My short game wasn't good enough to save me on the day either.

Next round: Maybe 8/6, Nambour GC, Stableford on the Queen's B'day w/e, but those upcoming Sunday rounds are tempting.

just
21st May 2007, 05:53 PM
Played Nudgee on Sunday for 31 points. Despite the score I was pretty pleased, because for the most part I played to my new handicap. I had a lapse of concentration for a four hole stratch, holes 13-16, three putted twice for two 0n3 pointers and followed it up with poor driving driving which lead to two wipes. Its a little frustrating that these are some of the easiest holes on the course. Fairly consistent except for that four hole stretch which means I'm hoping to improve even more in the near future.