PDA

View Full Version : What Pros Really Think.

Johnny Canuck
13th May 2007, 11:56 PM
Hey Everyone,

I was surfing around tonight and I found this link. It is entitled "What Pros Really Think" and it has a bunch of questions posed to 71 PGA pros and displays the results. Click on "Next" to advance to the next slide.

http://www.golf.com/golf/gallery/article/0,28242,1617060,00.html

JC

Ducky
14th May 2007, 12:17 AM
Had to laugh at 72% of golfers not allowing Sergio Garcia to date their daughter.

Courty
14th May 2007, 08:53 AM
Nice one. I wonder what's so bad about having Sabbatini as a playing partner?

Eag's
14th May 2007, 09:00 AM

I was just thinking the same thing?
I have heard he says what he thinks most of the time, he may of stood on a few toes over the years.

Jarro
14th May 2007, 09:04 AM
He's certainly not on Tigers christmas card list ;)

Johnny Canuck
14th May 2007, 04:14 PM

I think he is very impatient, if I am remembering correctly. To the point where he will walk 150m and stand beside the green while his playing partner is still way back in the fairway.

3oneday
14th May 2007, 04:35 PM
Isn't he the guy that left that slow bloke behind that day ?

goughy
14th May 2007, 08:34 PM
Yup. He putted out and left the green while the other player was still playing. I'm not sure if he teed off, but I bet he was close. Deal with it Rory.

jimandr
14th May 2007, 08:35 PM
I think he is very impatient, if I am remembering correctly. To the point where he will walk 150m and stand beside the green while his playing partner is still way back in the fairway.

Sabbatini was certainly the culprit that day, and they were saying at the time that he was notorious for ignoring his partners while on the course.

Personally I hate him for making a speculative place bet (at $16) look really good after round 1, then he shoots 79 to take my money away the next day.

Interesting that the 'victim', Ben Crane, was number 2 on that list.

Sergio gets a lot of negative mentions. Somebody doesn't like him.

AndyP
14th May 2007, 09:31 PM
I was curious, so I had a look back.

http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?p=49950

That wasn't the day's only drama, as Rory Sabbatini made public his frustration at fellow competitor Nick Faldo's slow play.
South African Sabbatini's wife followed her husband wearing a tee shirt with "Keep Up!" plastered across the front.

Faldo got the message, but perhaps the wrong one.
"It's embarrassing people bring their sexual problems to the golf course," he said.

Apparently Rory Sabbatini is a real A-hole to caddy for......

So does Sabbatani keep on the tail of the group in front or ask them to let him play through?

Moe Norman
14th May 2007, 10:15 PM
slow play is a blight on the game, the pros play so slow its a joke.

Good on Rory for sticking to his guns.

markTHEblake
15th May 2007, 09:12 AM
To the point where he will walk 150m and stand beside the green while his playing partner is still way back in the fairway.

Oh Oh -:shock: ummm thats not a bad thing, right?

Johnny Canuck
15th May 2007, 12:13 PM
Oh Oh -:shock: ummm thats not a bad thing, right?
In many cases it's a good thing, aside from the safety issue.

A few months back I got fed up with my playing partners tantrums (which led to his buggy actually breaking) and ended up about 275m ahead of him, hit to the green, played out the hole and had a chat to the course workers before he caught up so that I could tee off on the ninth hole. This was actually in a scroungers competition.

I don't normally do things like that as i am not a fast player myself, but I might consider it if I was playing with Ben Crane.

raidrboy
15th May 2007, 09:26 PM
I thought the least surprising answer was that Michelle Wie was voted the most overated golfer.

Courty
7th August 2007, 10:05 AM
Article about Rory Sabbatini vs. Tiger this past weekend. Quite amusing reading. Click (http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/article/0,28136,1649991,00.html).

Ducky
7th August 2007, 11:28 AM
Article about Rory Sabbatini vs. Tiger this past weekend. Quite amusing reading...
News is always just that little bit slower in the world of Macintosh, isn't it?

Courty
7th August 2007, 11:31 AM
:roll: