PDA

View Full Version : Good news for Golfgirl!

amanda
16th September 2004, 04:26 PM
I got an SMS from her this morning - Matt's found a job! And it's in Sydney :D I don't have many details yet - her computer is still in boxes.

I wonder if the truck was far on it's trip to Tweed before they found out :lol:

I'm glad that the world hasn't gone completely crazy and b@ast*rd PGA Pros don't end up winning :D

goughy
16th September 2004, 05:07 PM
I'm very happy for her and matt. I'm sure she'll enjoy it more in the big smoke. And she'll be closer to all you sydney dudes (or duds, whichever :P ).

I hope things run more smoothly for them now.

Jarro
16th September 2004, 05:45 PM
Great news :smt023

jaster
16th September 2004, 07:19 PM
Well done to them 8) but stuff Sydney come back to the Sunshine Coast :wink:

AndyP
16th September 2004, 08:16 PM
Well done to them 8) but stuff Sydney come back to the Sunshine Coast :wink:
Ditto. :wink:

If you get anymore details, amanda, let us know. :cool:

markTHEblake
16th September 2004, 09:03 PM
but Sydney, that means she is still going to be one of 'those'.......

Ducky
17th September 2004, 03:30 AM
I enjoyed living in Sydney (Mosman), although without a job I went broke too quickly and had to move back. Hopefully in another year or two I can make the move back.

:)

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

andylo
17th September 2004, 07:55 AM
Congrat. :D

McMw
17th September 2004, 08:48 AM
perhaps I'm not quite following - aren't they already in Sydney???

amanda
17th September 2004, 10:23 AM
perhaps I'm not quite following - aren't they already in Sydney???
Mau - Shellharbour was 1.5-2 hours south of Sydney.

Fishman Dan
17th September 2004, 10:24 AM
Congrats guys, the Sydney posse is growing.

Do we know whereabouts in Sydneyland yet?

amanda
17th September 2004, 10:26 AM
Fishy - nope - not yet. Jodie said that she will PM me with all the details once she has unpacked everything (or at least the computer!)

marcel
17th September 2004, 12:25 PM
:D :D :D :D terrific news, they deserve it

but stuff Sydney ??

and I thought this was the forum of sweetness and light, very disappointing jaster :wink:

3oneday
17th September 2004, 12:34 PM
marcel, my man, get stuck in to those Q's (many meanings :P ), methinks things are starting to even up :lol:

Pete

Golfgirl
20th September 2004, 03:06 PM
Hi All!

Well, as Amanda has already told you, I will be a Sydneysider very soon.

Matt has scored the job as Assistant Professional / Shop Manager at Eastlakes Golf Club. The hours are better, the pay is better, and the boss is better.... I am very happy for his sake. :D

I don't know very much about Sydney - I've seen the airport a few times and Darling Harbour once... so I don't know where to look for a place to live or a golf club to join. (Of course - maybe I will just join Eastlakes.... :roll: )

Matt will be starting work in Sydney this Saturday, but I will be on holidays here on the Gold Coast till later this month. 8)

Our furntiure, etc, is somewhere near Newcastle in storage - we got the phone call to say that he got the job just as they were loading the furniture into the truck to go to Tweed Heads. We had to work out what to do with it - it nearly went on holidays to the Goldie with me!!! :shock:

I am not moving Mitchell, myself or the furntiure to Sydney until Matt has been there a few weeks so that he is sure that it is the right choice - once bitten, twice shy you might say.... but so far, industry reports are that the new boss is a good guy - tough but very honest and very fair.

Any Sydneysiders - please feel free to offer advice on where to live, play golf, have a new life.... :wink: :D

And thanks everyone for your support - it has meant a real lot to me. :D

McMw
20th September 2004, 03:45 PM
woah....did I miss something???
what's the story with the current place??? sounds like a sucky place to work at... :lol:

Trung
20th September 2004, 03:49 PM
Great news... Let me know if you need any help. :D

Flowergirl
20th September 2004, 04:01 PM
Glad to hear that things are turning out better for you Golfgirl. Hopefully soon you and your family will be happy and settled in your new life. Good luck and regards.

amanda
20th September 2004, 04:33 PM
Any Sydneysiders - please feel free to offer advice on where to live, play golf, have a new life.... :wink: :D

This is great news Jodie :D

Where to live - this is a difficult question as anywhere in Sydney is frightfully expensive! The good thing is that you are pretty close to a major motorway (the M5) which means you may be able to live out west which is a little cheaper, but still be within 30-45 minutes of work.

Where to play golf - unfortunately midweek golf for ladies is pretty sparse at most clubs - my club only manages 6-8 ladies on their day (Wednesday). Ladies are welcome at most mixed open days mid-week though (ours is Thursday). I've heard St Michs has a fair few mid-week players. The only one with substantial numbers (eg 30 midweek) out my way is Liverpool GC. The Eastlake website mentions some sort of membership deal at the moment but I couldn't find the relevant info.

Some of my other Sydney highlights:

Best Turkish pizza - Marmaris kebabs on Botany Road in Waterloo
Best outlet shopping - Direct Factory Outlets at Homebush
Best home cooked meal - my place!
Best Japanese restaurant - Kagaya in Hurstville

Onewood
20th September 2004, 04:47 PM
Golfgirl wrote,
Any Sydneysiders - please feel free to offer advice on where to live, play golf, have a new life....

The gold coast is near a major motor way too :D and only just up the road :lol: :lol:

Good luck to you Matt and Mitchell 8)

Fishman Dan
20th September 2004, 04:47 PM

..and for anything above latitude 22 please feel free to ask ;)

Eastlakes is near-ish Randwick, Kensington, Coogee, Glama.. i mean, Tamarama.. nice coastal suburbs and be awesome living. You need to get your budget set first though! You going to buy or rent?

Great Thai food at the pub in Mascot Inn - Botany Rd shops, Mascot. Also good kebab/pide in that area. Apart from that there are plenty of mad people. Isabella's Purely Pasta on Alison Rd, Randwick.. Coogee Bay Hotel, you get the drift..

Andrew
20th September 2004, 08:37 PM
G69,

That road crossing is a beauty. I've always wondered what the guys with powercaddies do, as those things don't usually have 'run' speed.

BTW, I'd love to hear about the new holes. Maybe Ross should suggest they move the clubhouse.

Anyway, back to the thread.

Great news Jodie. I hope Matt finds the welcome warm. It's a long established club (from about 1928) so should be fairly secure.

As Amanda said, the M5 makes access easier from the west of Sydney where there is some cheaper housing. Peak hour can be a pretty slow trip, but I would assume Matt would be starting work early most days, so the M5 would be a smooth ride.

Don't forgot though, the further west the greater the cultural backwater. :roll:

marcel
20th September 2004, 10:33 PM
Great news jodie, should have brought the stress levels down a bit. Looks like we won't have to wait long for that game of golf after all.

Please tell Matt to get in touch while he's 'temporarily single' if he needs any assistance/drinking partner/etcetera etcetera.

Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly, and for Matt, his first order of the day should be getting the Brazilian lady back to Eastlakes half-way house!

amanda
21st September 2004, 07:50 AM

..and for anything above latitude 22 please feel free to ask ;)
Fishy - I'm the first to admit I know virtually nothing about Sydney east or north of the city!