PDA

View Full Version : Accra AXIV

Jono
8th May 2007, 10:53 AM
Has anyone tried this shaft?

http://www.accragolf.com/2007-ACCRAaxivBrochure.pdf

Thinking of trying the XC65. Any feedback would be appreciated. 8)

3oneday
8th May 2007, 11:27 AM
Looks to me like they are only new out, no one (read general punter) knows that much about the SC series, I doubt there will be any knowledge on the XC !

I also thought Mamiya were the AXIV gurus... confusing :confused:

BrisVegas
8th May 2007, 11:31 AM
Peter_RS probably has one by now. He's pretty good about trying almost everything on the market for us and giving a review.

FWIW, the SC series is good. I believe you tried that 905R I had with the SC65 in it. Similar specs to the V2 shafts (same parent company), but slightly softer feel.

3oneday
8th May 2007, 11:51 AM
I just got a guy a 907 D2 with SC75, should have a review on that next week as he is playing the NSW midam this week.

Jono
8th May 2007, 03:53 PM
I also thought Mamiya were the AXIV gurus... confusing :confused:

Yeah, it is pretty confusing. Perci was saying something about the guy who owns Mamiya also owns the Accra ... or something like that.

Anyway, I've got one on order. Should have it by either end of the week or early next week. It'll be going in ... yep, you guessed it ... another AURORA head. 8)

3oneday
8th May 2007, 04:12 PM
It'll be going in ... yep, you guessed it ... another AURORA head. 8)oh well, that'll be a ****ing waste of good money then won;t it ;)

mikezone13
8th May 2007, 04:49 PM
Yeah, it is pretty confusing. Perci was saying something about the guy who owns Mamiya also owns the Accra ... or something like that.

Anyway, I've got one on order. Should have it by either end of the week or early next week. It'll be going in ... yep, you guessed it ... another AURORA head. 8)

Is this head #3?? If so, I still want dibs on the 9.5* head you've got.

3oneday
8th May 2007, 04:50 PM
Is this head #3?? If so, I still want dibs on the 9.5* head you've got.pfft, he has poisoned your mind !!!

:lol:

kwantfm
8th May 2007, 04:51 PM
I had an SC75 in a Tour 510 TP. Quite a stout feeling but tight shaft. I didn't use it long enough to give a great review. Mamiya is the parent company for UST.

mikezone13
8th May 2007, 05:36 PM
pfft, he has poisoned your mind !!!

:lol:

Never saw myself as a "component" guy... but after having such great success with the Wishon irons and having a hit of a few driver heads I'm fairly impressed.