PDA

View Full Version : Bulk Buy : 3M Greptile Golf Grips.

markTHEblake
7th May 2007, 01:32 PM
I am organising a bulk buy of 3M Greptile Golf Grips (http://www.clubmaker-online.com/grip1.html)
read all about them at the above link, any questions use Google, as i have never seen or heard about these grips before, apart from the above site.

http://www.clubmaker-online.com/greptile.prem.horiz.jpg

These grips are not sold in australia by 3M. The email i got from them was, No we dont, and we wont so dont ask.

The previous model is available at a lower price from Dallas Golf (http://www.dallasgolf.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/2801208/vpcsid/0/SFV/28779), however these new ones look better.

The grips are US$4.95 each and postage by USPS for 20 grips is US$33, so total price per grip is US$6.60 or AU$8.30 (@ .8148 +2.5% charge).

I expect that by ordering more the freight cost will reduce slightly

Add your name, Quantity, and your postcode to this list if your interested, and also read the below extra important details.

name, quantity, postcode
Blake 20 4211
Andylo ? ????
Peteyd ? ????

markTHEblake
7th May 2007, 01:36 PM
The Fine Print - no need to read unless your buying

Procedure

1. Make a commitment to buy, by adding your name, quantity, and destination postcode to the list
2. 10 May Thursday - order closes
3. 11 May Friday I will get a quote from the retailer for shipping.
4. 12 May Saturday I will then advise the amount you need to pay.
5. You will deposit to my bank account within 48 hours.
6. 15 May Tuesday Order submitted.
7. On receipt of goods i will distribute according to whatever makes sense, this could include domestic shipping charges as extra.

Will work out distribution logistics once known how many want them, and where. I am happy to consider someone in brisbane receiving them should it work out more efficient that way - but my shipping cost gets absorbed into the bulk buy - theres gotta be some advantage for the schmuck that organises this. :-)

T&C's - bulk buys are a pain in the bum, and none of us wanna be short changed so.....

1. Payment or cancellation expected within 48 hours Approx Tue 15 May, if you cant meet that requirement please dont order.
2. Non payers (after 48 hours) will be publically flogged see #1, your order cancelled, and charged $5
3. Order will be submitted upon receipt of all payments, any delays blame #2
4. I'll set the price based on Exchange rate conversion and buffer include to cover bank charge and slight fluctuations.
5. No obligation, You can opt out with 48 hours of receiving the quote is up for any reason, no problem. eg "your ripping us off, get stuffed"
6. I reserve the right to charge extra/withhold product should the AU crap itself, late/cancelled orders cost etc. Whatever happens i will be fair and transparent.

I cannot emphasise the impact of paying late or not at all, as this stuffs the price up for the rest of us. Therefore do not even think about it if you cannot commit to those dates and the above approx cost.

PeteyD
7th May 2007, 04:17 PM
name, quantity, postcode
Blake 20 4211
Andylo ? ????
Peteyd 10 4165

Although the order closing on a Thursday and your sig make me a bit concerned ;)

Jono
7th May 2007, 09:06 PM
name, quantity, postcode
Blake 20 4211
Andylo ? ????
Peteyd 10 4165
Jono 20 2035

andylo
8th May 2007, 07:29 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

name, quantity, postcode
Blake 20 4211
Andylo 13 4113
Peteyd 10 4165
Jono 20 2035

fatrabbitbrain
8th May 2007, 08:36 AM
That site sells Star Grip as well (http://www.clubmaker-online.com/gs.stargrip.html) ..

These grips are supposed to be the bomb - especially in the wet, and all the ISG guru's keep raving about them (http://www.iseekgolf.com/fitting_repairs/articles.php?fr_id=13)

Is it possible that I can order those as a part of the bulk order, or is that too much of a pain in the ass?

mikezone13
8th May 2007, 08:49 AM
That site sells Star Grip as well (http://www.clubmaker-online.com/gs.stargrip.html) ..

These grips are supposed to be the bomb - especially in the wet, and all the ISG guru's keep raving about them (http://www.iseekgolf.com/fitting_repairs/articles.php?fr_id=13)

Is it possible that I can order those as a part of the bulk order, or is that too much of a pain in the ass?

Fatrabbit - if you want some star grips let me know and I can get them for you, a guy I know brings them in from the US at about 200 grips per time.

I am seeing him on Thursday and will ask him about tagging on to his bulk buys or buying a set from him. For an idea I got the Star grips and had them put on my clubs at $7 each.

My whole set is fitted with them, Driver, 3 Wood, Hybrid and wedges with the Sidewinder and the Wrap on my irons.

The sidewinder is a slightly harder grip (but still soft) than the wrap but performs better in the wet than the wrap IMO, but the wrap is just soo nice and soft yet tacky.

PM me for more info.

markTHEblake
10th May 2007, 11:53 PM
Shipping quote requested, thanks gentleman

name, quantity, postcode
Blake 20 4211
Andylo 13 4113
Peteyd 10 4165
Jono 20 2035
TS 20 2075

shop closed.

markTHEblake
11th May 2007, 01:02 AM
US$75 shipping back to here for 83 grips, thats almost 1/3 less per grip than the initial quote.
i'll get out the calculator in the morning to work it all out. thanks for shopping at Dodgy Blakes.

Trung
11th May 2007, 04:55 AM
after an eventful last 12 hours. I found myself at Chicago.

talk about company leaving it to the last minute..... F#@$.

MTB, maybe you can send them to me? i'm here between 1-2 weeks.

TS
11th May 2007, 09:43 AM
after an eventful last 12 hours. I found myself at Chicago.

talk about company leaving it to the last minute..... F#@$.

MTB, maybe you can send them to me? i'm here between 1-2 weeks.

Trung. Don't worry about the white powder inside the grips, they are only there to prevent mositure damaging the grips.

markTHEblake
11th May 2007, 10:13 AM
Trung, thanks for the generous offer, i'll check out the details, as we would want to be certain the delivery doesnt miss you otherwise it will be a right cockup.

Jono
15th May 2007, 12:07 PM
Hurry up and pay up, Alo! :smt093

:lol:

markTHEblake
16th May 2007, 11:27 PM
Order submitted.

TS
16th May 2007, 11:32 PM
Order submitted.

Love your work, MTB.

markTHEblake
17th May 2007, 10:00 AM
arrives 22nd May according to tracking notice.

markTHEblake
18th May 2007, 10:38 PM
Airborne ! :smt038

Guaranteed Delivery Date: May 22, 2007

Your item left the United States from Chicago (O'Hare) AMC at 5:57 PM on May 17, 2007.

markTHEblake
21st May 2007, 10:17 AM
Arrived

I am going out all day now, will have to work this out later. If anyone has any logistic suggestions let me know.

I do have a feeling G69 is going to Sydney this week?

p.s. I cocked up the maths on the Credit Card Charges, but the Exchange rate was much better than i estimated. The end result was that I am $1.55 short..... I can add that to the local shipping cost :-) but seems Jono will be getting free freight (again), you owe me $0.03 and i will be coming after you for it :mrgreen:

markTHEblake
25th May 2007, 10:49 PM
I have put the grips on, wow they feel very different now that they are on, kinda like sandpaper, only very fine but still sharp. (I hope they dont rip up my girly soft hands)

Cant wait to see how they go - i have bandaids in reserve just in case :-)

How you other clowns going - got them on yet?

PeteyD
26th May 2007, 07:42 AM
Yes they are on my irons. Definately feel very different once on. Getting a match trial tomorrow but I liked them at the range.

Jono
26th May 2007, 05:52 PM
Just got mine in the mail. Thanks Blakey. 8)

markTHEblake
26th May 2007, 07:00 PM
Passed with flying colours today. Usually I am constantly drying hands and grips with a towel, and also washing my hands with water but not once today (well it wasnt exactly hot but had to be a bit humid considering how wet the course was today)

on the first few holes i hit some serious duck hooks, caused by hanging on too long. My theory is that I am used to slippery hands -- placebo effect maybe :-)

markTHEblake
1st June 2007, 03:13 PM
Spreadsheet attached showing final and complete costs breakup.