PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Jetstar Flights (sydney - gold coast)

Trung
3rd May 2007, 03:21 PM
There is a deal right now with Jetstar, you can fly to Gold Coast from Sydney and the second person get the trip for $3.

Might be worth looking at it for people coming from Sydney.

Jono.. you there? shall we book now?

poidda
3rd May 2007, 03:23 PM
Yeah, it's a big sale to everywhere. Me and the Mrs booked return flights to NZ for $190 this morning.

3oneday
3rd May 2007, 03:26 PM
There is a deal right now with Jetstar, you can fly to Gold Coast from Sydney and the second person get the trip for $3.

Might be worth looking at it for people coming from Sydney.

Jono.. you there? shall we book now?bet Jono will only want to pay the $3 !!!

:lol: :lol:

AndyP
3rd May 2007, 03:32 PM
But isn't Jetstar shit?

If not, I'd be interested in Newcastle tickets at $31pp.

And Vegas would be scheming to get to Launceston/Barny dunes again when it's that cheap. ;)

goughy
3rd May 2007, 04:44 PM
Only if you specifically want to arrive at your destination when you're supposed to. If you don't mind getting there a day or 3 late, then they're just dandy!!

Jono
3rd May 2007, 04:51 PM
Book it, mate. 8)

Jono
3rd May 2007, 04:54 PM
bet Jono will only want to pay the $3 !!!

:lol: :lol:

Mate, at that price, even you can make it to the Champs this year. ;)

BrisVegas
4th May 2007, 06:30 AM
And Vegas would be scheming to get to Launceston/Barny dunes again when it's that cheap. ;)

tempting, but no... Some of you other blokes should go check it out though. I've played it 6 times already.

3oneday
4th May 2007, 06:42 AM
Mate, at that price, even you can make it to the Champs this year. ;)yeah, but I need someone to pay the first fare so I can pay the $3 ;) :p Fishy ???

:lol:

AndyP
4th May 2007, 07:29 AM
So can the Jetstar flyers please give me some feedback? All I've heard is negatives about them.
I've flown Virgin several times before, and never had a problem.

Jarro
4th May 2007, 07:39 AM
So can the Jetstar flyers please give me some feedback? All I've heard is negatives about them.

What does it matter if they're super-cheap fares ?

Don't expect gold star service that's for sure, but the flight should be OK unless they have the dodgy engineers working their aircraft ;)

BrisVegas
4th May 2007, 07:41 AM

Use the search function, you've asked this before and it's been answered before...

3oneday
4th May 2007, 07:43 AM
All I've heard is negatives about them.personally I would have low expectations if the airfare is low, surely the only negative would be something like they were late taking off ? what else could people whine about at those prices ????

markTHEblake
4th May 2007, 07:51 AM
last year on a trip to sydney, we took both Jetstar and Virgin for one way each.

- Jetstars seats were better and bigger than Virgin - this is probably important for many ozgolfers
- Jetstars check in process is an advantage if you have kids, you get on first.
- Virgin is much more freindly for golf bags. with Jetstar you had better read the baggage allowance T & C's for special conditions for non standard luggage

poidda
4th May 2007, 08:02 AM
- Jetstars seats were better and bigger than Virgin - this is probably important for many ozgolfers

You calling me fat? :-s

AndyP
4th May 2007, 08:14 AM
Use the search function, you've asked this before and it's been answered before...
Point me to it. All I found was a discussion on flying with golf clubs.

personally I would have low expectations if the airfare is low, surely the only negative would be something like they were late taking off ? what else could people whine about at those prices ????
It's the lateness that's the problem. I've heard of several hour delays or even overnight. I just wanted a gauge on how often this happens.

You calling me fat? :-s
Big boned?

poidda
4th May 2007, 08:21 AM
Big boned?

Well that's obvious, but now your just being disgusting!

BAN HIM!!

Jarro
4th May 2007, 08:23 AM
It's the lateness that's the problem. I've heard of several hour delays or even overnight. I just wanted a gauge on how often this happens.

I don't think they're any worse than the other airlines in this department

Choppa
4th May 2007, 08:28 AM
Yeah, it's a big sale to everywhere. Me and the Mrs booked return flights to NZ for $190 this morning.

Us too. When you going Pete?

poidda
4th May 2007, 08:30 AM
August 9-25. You?

Coffs_Hacker
4th May 2007, 08:52 AM
it blows living in Coffs - we have qantas and virg - to syd only - nowhere else

Choppa
4th May 2007, 09:43 AM
July 28 - August 4.
I'll get the place ready for you ;)

Andrew
4th May 2007, 10:11 AM

Trung,

I don't understand the point of the thread. Why would any golfer want to go to the Gold Coast ? :lol:

gazgolf1
4th May 2007, 06:22 PM
Coulda got return flights to Hawaii ex Sydney for $520 each last night but wifey said no. :(