PDA

View Full Version : Bayview GC May 22nd (Tuesday) Expressions of Interest

mikezone13
3rd May 2007, 09:03 AM
Guys, Jono and I have been talking about going to play in the Bayview open comp on Tuesday 22nd May.

I've booked 2 groups at 10:37am and 10:44am.

Add your name in pencil or preferrably ink if you're keen.

1. mikezone13
2. Jono
3. mike's mate (pencil)
4. ISG'er
5. Burger (pencil for matchplay - to be confirmed)

Edit: Tee times confirmed.

burger
6th May 2007, 11:55 AM
Due to transport considerations, I am only definite if I can get a lift from home or a trainstation or somefink . . :smt087

And Mike you need to change your sig and goals there dude, last rounds 10 & 6? :shock: :smt038 :shock: WTF's going on there?
Did they do a swab? You fix your short game??? Mate, you better play a few more rounds to get your 'actual' h'cap down to your playing h'cap before I get to play (read get whooped) by you.

More seriously, congrats on the great rounds :smt023 :smt038 :smt023 :smt038 :wink: :evil:

stu

mikezone13
6th May 2007, 03:46 PM
Cheers stu,

Sig fixed :D

And no whooping in order you'll get a good 10 or 11 shots from me when it was only going to be 6 shots a few days ago.

PM sent regarding transport.

mikezone13
8th May 2007, 09:54 AM
Update:

Two 4 balls booked for 10:37am and 10:44am (earliest I could get).

I need to have confirmation before Tuesday next week to see whether or not I need to cancel one of the fourballs.

List so far is...

1. mikezone13
2. Jono
3. mike's mate (pencil)
4. ISG'er
5. Burger

Grunt
8th May 2007, 10:03 AM
Sorry Mike, I knew that date had something on for me. QANTAS Engineering Golf Club day @ Kogarah. Have to show up as I helped organise it. Have fun all.

mikezone13
14th May 2007, 01:02 PM
1. mikezone13
2. Jono
3. mike's mate (pencil)
4. ISG'er
5. Burger
6. ISG'ers mate #1
7. ISG'ers mate #2

Guys, one spot available for next Tuesday, maybe two.

jimandr
14th May 2007, 08:47 PM
I'm a slight chance for this, but I won't even put myself in pencil. I need to take a day off next week, and if everything else falls into place, I might be able to make it Tuesday.

If someone else wants the spot, take it. I won't know until Friday.

mikezone13
14th May 2007, 09:49 PM
I'm a slight chance for this, but I won't even put myself in pencil. I need to take a day off next week, and if everything else falls into place, I might be able to make it Tuesday.

If someone else wants the spot, take it. I won't know until Friday.

No worries mate, spot will probably still be open come friday anyway :)

jimandr
17th May 2007, 08:36 PM
No worries mate, spot will probably still be open come friday anyway :)

I'm in for Tuesday, as long as the Telegraph doesn't do any more beat-up stories about my job.

1. mikezone13
2. Jono
3. mike's mate (pencil)
4. ISG'er
5. Burger
6. ISG'ers mate #1
7. ISG'ers mate #2
8. Jimandr

mikezone13
17th May 2007, 10:19 PM
I'm in for Tuesday, as long as the Telegraph doesn't do any more beat-up stories about my job.

1. mikezone13
2. Jono
3. mike's mate (pencil)
4. ISG'er
5. Burger
6. ISG'ers mate #1
7. ISG'ers mate #2
8. Jimandr

Good stuff mate, we're now down to 7 again though, my mate has pulled out.

1. mikezone13
2. Jono
4. ISG'er
5. Burger
6. ISG'ers mate #1
7. ISG'ers mate #2
8. Jimandr

mikezone13
21st May 2007, 10:11 AM
Guys,

All 8 spots taken play... see you tomorrow.

Groups are as follows...

10:37am
mikezone13
burger
Jono
jimandr

10:44am
ISG'er + 3 mates

jimandr
21st May 2007, 09:42 PM
I'll aim to get there about 10.00am. That should be plenty of time to enjoy the perfect buildup of a bacon and egg roll (pretty good at Bayview, from memory) and a few putts.

See you there.

jimandr
22nd May 2007, 08:38 PM
I would've thought Mike would be very keen to post the result of this game, but hesn't yet done so. I'll have to steal his thunder.

First things first. As there was no Matchplay thread to correspond, I'll report that MikeZone13 defeated Burger 5&4. It was a close and high quality match for 10 holes (I think they were even), then Burger's game fell apart.

Perhaps this result should actually come first though, as history was close to having been made, both in score, and in margin of victory.

MikeZone13 43 points
Jono 31
Burger 28
Jimandr 26.

Mike finished each nine with back to back birdies.

Some quite funny things happened, and the 8th hole was simply amazing, but either Mike or Burger should tell that story.

The saddest thing, apart from my golf, was that I hit an innocent rainbow lorrikeet and injured it severely. A player from an adjoining group took it away, but I doubt if it will survive.

AndyP
22nd May 2007, 08:45 PM
Mikezone13 = BURGLAR!!!

Nice score, Mike.

mikezone13
23rd May 2007, 08:19 AM
Cheers for the brief report jim, although to keep burger happy the matchplay result was actually 5&3 ;)

The 8th hole shall be spoken about in it's glory for a while... a 50 odd foot putt over a tier with a severe downslope (admittedly the greens weren't super quick) that jono had given me absolutely no chance to make rolled delightfully into the centre of the cup to put the pressure on burger who was about 2-3 foot from the hole.

Fun day and a surprising score for me, but as jim said the four birdies I got definitely helped and were a great way to finish off each nine.

His 2-3 footer then looked about 10 feet I bet, however he held his nerve and also rolled in a 2 which gave him the win due to getting a shot on the hole.

Should also mention burger and I combined for 49pts in the best ball with 26 + 23, a very solid score.

mikezone13
23rd May 2007, 08:40 AM
Mikezone13 = BURGLAR!!!

Nice score, Mike.

I completely refute that claim. ;)

mikezone13
23rd May 2007, 08:48 AM
Hmm... weird, if you check todays paper it has the Div 1 Individual winner at 40pts and the Best Ball at 47pts (neither of them having me in there) ... appears our scores did not get registered.

Jono, jim are your scores entered into golflink, I know mine isn't.

Time for a call to the pro shop I think.

Jono
23rd May 2007, 05:44 PM
Yep, golflink has registered my score from yesterday. 8)

Well played yesterday Mike. Playing with corked thigh and some else's clubs and all ... ;)

Trung
24th May 2007, 11:39 PM
5 5 10?

mikezone13
26th May 2007, 06:32 PM
Good news for Burger and I, the cards we put in the box weren't collected until late on Tuesday (or next day) but when found the results were amended and I got awarded the singles win (43pts) while burger and I won the best ball with our 49 pts.

I'll be popping up to bayview or getting a mate to collect the vouchers!!

jimandr
27th May 2007, 04:25 PM
A bit slack on the club's part, but good news.

I was worried that they may have DQ'ed us for alleged slow play because we had lost a hole on the group ahead.

burger
31st May 2007, 09:31 AM
Woo Hoo! My first official comp win!

What a good choice of partner, umm, opponent , umm partner on the day! Thanks Jim for putting Mike & I as opponents and partners!

Along with Mike's terrific 43 points I did help him out on the front (about) 10 holes anyway, then as previously stated my game fell apart. I lost all energy and felt quite fluey even asking the good doctor what he had in his medicine bag. And what did he come up with Nuthin, zip, nada! :cry:, not even any of those little pink pills I like :shock:.
A couple of Rum & Cokes after the game did the trick though.

And I dont know what all the fuss was about sinking long putts on a par 3, aren't you 'supposed' to just hit it too a couple of feet? 8-);):smt023

Well played Mike, the better player won the day!

stu.

mikezone13
31st May 2007, 05:33 PM
Woo Hoo! My first official comp win!

Well done stu, you deserved the comp win ;)

Jono
31st May 2007, 09:24 PM
get a room, you two ... :roll:

:lol: