PDA

View Full Version : Hibore XL whats the gutz?

gazgolf1
28th April 2007, 03:42 PM
These are getting rave reviews by the 20yds further crowds on the US forums but enough with the seppo bullshit lets hear some Aussie opinions.

Oz enough for ya. ;)

I've never really taken any notice of these before being very happy with my Rapture but picked one up today and it sat nice and square and the shaft looked sexy.I know some of you Ho's have bought this driver but moved it on pretty quick,whats the story?

BrisVegas
28th April 2007, 04:15 PM
Keep the Rapture Gaz. I reckon the Hibores are grotesque.

Eag's
28th April 2007, 04:21 PM
Keep the Rapture Gaz. I reckon the Hibores are grotesque.

Have to agree with Dion there Gaz, the Rapture shits all over the Hibore ;)

Moe Norman
28th April 2007, 04:57 PM
perhaps Gaz wants to use it to hit golf balls off the tee, not take it to a fashion parade :)

peter_rs
28th April 2007, 05:24 PM
gaz I had the tour in 8.5* it launched way to low.... even for me. It was long. The tour is great if your a hooker.

after hitting the xl later at a demo night I think the 9.5* xl would be sweet.

3oneday
28th April 2007, 07:26 PM
9.5 XL Tour was sweet, I thought the normal XL was a bit shut for my liking. I also thought the stock shaft in the XL Tour was better than the whiteboard I put in mine.

I rated it highly, until I changed the shaft :oops:

gazgolf1
28th April 2007, 07:47 PM
9.5 XL Tour was sweet, I thought the normal XL was a bit shut for my liking. I also thought the stock shaft in the XL Tour was better than the whiteboard I put in mine.

I rated it highly, until I changed the shaft :oops:

Fuji 6 or the Red thingy?

3oneday
28th April 2007, 07:59 PM
Fuji 6 or the Red thingy?The Fuji Fit On Red, one of the stock shafts.

Pinglauncher
28th April 2007, 08:30 PM
I found the stock XL longer than the original Hibore but like some others it launched too low for me and was too shut to really feel comfortable with.

Rapture looks and feels better IMHO

gazgolf1
13th June 2007, 02:47 PM
Bought one of these buggers today....should be here next week. :)

3oneday
13th June 2007, 03:18 PM
Bought a "Very Good" white hot putter for a mate last week off 3balls (sorry for the presumption Gaz ;)), supposedly a 5 in the rating scale, arrived looking like a shaggy 2 :p hope you have better luck.

andylo
13th June 2007, 03:20 PM
So basically no matter what they say you will buy one anyway? :)

andylo
13th June 2007, 03:20 PM
Bought a "Very Good" white hot putter for a mate last week off 3balls (sorry for the presumption Gaz ;)), supposedly a 5 in the rating scale, arrived looking like a shaggy 2 :p hope you have better luck.

Quality rating on 3balls has really out of wreck lately :(

gazgolf1
13th June 2007, 03:23 PM
(sorry for the presumption Gaz ;))

Thats cool. ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=011&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=320123136420&rd=1&rd=1

gazgolf1
13th June 2007, 03:24 PM
So basically no matter what they say you will buy one anyway? :)

That is correct.:)

pt73
13th June 2007, 05:24 PM
I bought a Bridgestone wedge of 3balls 2 weeks ago and the rating said "Like New" and it was brand new with head still wrapped in plastic.

PT

Jarro
13th June 2007, 06:15 PM
Bought one of these buggers today....should be here next week. :)

Dibs on the magic Rapture then ;)

gazgolf1
13th June 2007, 06:29 PM
Dibs on the magic Rapture then ;)

Not yet my friend...actually you'd kill the hi bore. ;)

3oneday
13th June 2007, 07:00 PM
I bought a Bridgestone wedge of 3balls 2 weeks ago and the rating said "Like New" and it was brand new with head still wrapped in plastic.

PTPete, in the same shipment as the putter I had a Like New G2, it too had head in plastic. Unfortunately the putter was for a mate, whereas the driver wasn't :(

nudgee
13th June 2007, 07:35 PM
Hmmmmm I took one of these ugly beasts out for a demo round when gaz tricked me with the hype and to be honest I munched it when I put a normal swing on it - very low flight though - although when I went after it it kept blocking right - was probably not putting the best swings on it. So I bought one and had my first class clubmaker MP shove a whiteboard 83S in it and played a round at Nudgee with it and I was wrapped with it - very straight and now if I want to go after it, I dont loose it. Nice heavy feeling to the shaft/head combo.

I will admit this is one very, very, very ugly driver but very good results - this one should last at least 4 to 5 rounds!! :mrgreen:

BrisWesty
13th June 2007, 09:09 PM
Is that "like new" as we understand it, or "Like, new" as per a 15 yr old girl?

mikezone13
13th June 2007, 10:47 PM
If anyone is looking to get rid of a Hibore XL let me know ;)

Jarro
14th June 2007, 01:44 PM
I hit a HiBore XL TOUR today at Drummonds .... very nice crub, good numbers on the launchy, and i managed to hit the fairway with every tee-shot :shock:

BrisVegas
14th June 2007, 01:47 PM
they must have juiced up the launch monitor. :wink:

Jarro
14th June 2007, 01:51 PM
That's what i thought :(

Courty
14th June 2007, 02:31 PM
they must have juiced up the launch monitor. :wink:

Yeah, 200m wide fairways outta do the trick. ;)

Jarro
14th June 2007, 02:34 PM
Courty, have you been getting Fishy to write your material :roll:

Johnny Canuck
15th June 2007, 01:00 AM
I hit a HiBore XL TOUR today at Drummonds .... very nice crub, good numbers on the launchy, and i managed to hit the fairway with every tee-shot :shock:

Any pop-ups?

Jarro
15th June 2007, 04:38 PM
Any pop-ups?

nope, face was fully taped up ... i was hitting it dead-centre :smt023 :mrgreen:

nice feeling club, but uglier than Blake to look at :smt078

Matt 3 Jab
15th June 2007, 05:12 PM
Yea, i saw one in the flesh today, yuk!!

mikezone13
15th June 2007, 06:02 PM
Yea, i saw one in the flesh today, yuk!!

Dunno, I like them... the scooped out look makes me feel very confident behind them. Just got to get one for keeps now.

gazgolf1
28th June 2007, 02:06 PM
Gave the Hi Bore a wack at Vic Pk range today and I'm not sure what to think.

Feels as long as my Rapture on good hits but I had a couple drop out of the sky on me,prolly the range balls.
The Fuji Red felt ok,not as smooth as the VS Proto but alright.
Biggest difference between the two was the feel at impact,Hibore felt harsh and was pretty loud.
Not sure that I'm going to gain enough with the Hibore to replace the Rapture...might take it to the course on Saturday. :)

Courty
28th June 2007, 02:11 PM
My simulator game in Adelaide last week was using Chris32's clubs, including his (originial) HiBore with V2. I quite liked the feel of it. It was launching a smidgeon low, but I still got good ball speed and carry. With a 65gm V2, I think it would suit me perfectly.

Courty
17th July 2007, 12:08 PM
I took out a demo HiBore XL last weekend. It was the regular (non-Tour) head in 9.5deg with the stock Fujikura Fit-On M Red shaft in stiff flex.

The head certainly looks larger at address than the original HiBore & HiBore XL Tour. However, after the first few holes, I didn't notice it anymore.

It was hard to gauge how well this club could work for me, seeing as the shaft apparently didn't suit. I was unable to turn the ball over and everything I hit had a fade on it. I suspect it's to do with the stiff-tip in the shaft. When I went back to my own driver for the last few holes (x-stiff with soft tip) I was hitting it dead straight again.

Even with the stiff tip, the trajectory was still good. Distance was also good (when I was able to keep it out of the stuff on the right :roll:) but no better than I already get.

Going to try a Superquad & 907D2 with VS Proto this weekend.

mikezone13
17th July 2007, 12:31 PM
The fit on gold shaft in the Hibore XL would've worked I'd say... I'm very keen to put one up against my 905R on the course in the near future as they were similar numbers wise on the launchy.

BrisVegas
17th July 2007, 12:41 PM
Going to try a Superquad & 907D2 with VS Proto this weekend.

nice pickup! :lol:

gazgolf1
20th July 2007, 04:44 PM
Hi Bore XL 10.5 VS Proto 60 Stiff turned up today and with a little help from me magically appeared at the Vic Pk driving range, up against an Ft-3 10.5 VS Proto 70 stiff the battle was on. ;)
The Hi Bore's launch angle felt good straight away,harsh impact,nice high flight and bugger me if the ball does'nt drop out of the sky at about the 180m mark.Must be the rubber range pills....tee up another and same thing and again and abloodygain.:smt011
I put the Hibore in the rack and gave the Ft3 a try,BTW I had one of these about 20 drivers ago and it was probably the longest driver I've hit but you ho's know the story.
Anyway the Ft 3 wants to cut,another hit same story,cut cut cut.Ok swing smooth and away it goes,nearly hits the pin on the 200m green,another smooth one and the same story nice and straight good height and rolls up the back of the 200m.
So back and forth it goes with not much change,I'm going to try the Hibore on Sunday with decent balls....I like the Jarro angle it gives me and don't mind the harsh feel,we will see.
Ft3 Tour is still a great driver and the VS is a good fit for it too.
Can't wait for Sundee. :)

mikezone13
20th July 2007, 05:02 PM
HiBore XL... lovely club.. I need to take the plunge soon... after it's gone head to head with a D2

gazgolf1
20th July 2007, 05:16 PM
after it's gone head to head with a D2

I've got one of them on the way too, 10.5 YS 6. :)

mikezone13
20th July 2007, 06:29 PM
I've got one of them on the way too, 10.5 YS 6. :)

Hmm... I might be interested in the loser :)