PDA

View Full Version : G.R.I.P.S. Weekend of Golf - Sunday 20th May City GC

goughy
24th April 2007, 12:01 AM
Putting this game out there. It is one of the bigger golfing weekends at City Golf Club, and this sunday event would be one of the few open single stroke rounds held on a sunday. I think they have some reasonable prizes this weekend.

8:15
Daisuke Kanda
Ken Ichimiya
Brisvegas

Goughy
Steve
Alo

Andyp
Shazza RS
Peter RS

Results:
Ken 75
Vegas 77
Andyp 79
Peter_rs 84
Shazza_rs 85
Alo 86
Goughy DQ (should be 78 )

AndyP
24th April 2007, 08:03 AM
Good! My hassle goughy to organise a round routine worked. :D

1. goughy
2. AndyP

Rusty said he was interested, but we may not play the matchplay, as it's a new course for him.

Coincidence or not, I remembered after I suggested this date, that there's an engagement party on up there the night before. We may get some people playing, although they may have sore heads.

andylo
24th April 2007, 08:22 AM
1. goughy
2. AndyP
3. Andylo.... hoping can get a lift. AP?

peter_rs
24th April 2007, 08:25 AM
1. goughy
2. AndyP
3.Alo
4.Peter_rs
5.Shazza_rs

Thanks Goughy I was thinking about getting a game on this day.

andylo
24th April 2007, 08:26 AM
OI! Pete!

1. goughy
2. AndyP
3. Andylo
4.Peter_rs
5.Shazza_rs

PeteyD
24th April 2007, 08:29 AM
Considering I am already in Toowoomba it is tempting. However management does not want to sit around for 4 hours while I play golf.

BrisVegas
24th April 2007, 08:37 AM
i'm interested, but will need to coordinate with wife & bubs & grandma etc... might try and talk some of the A-Gamer's to come up and sample the sweet bent grass...

dc68
24th April 2007, 08:42 AM
1. goughy
2. AndyP
3. Andylo
4. Peter_rs
5. Shazza_rs
6. DC68

Would also be chasing a lift can get to somewhere for p/u but my piece of
shit would implode up the range.

peter_rs
24th April 2007, 08:44 AM
PeteyD its callled a sleep in then breaky she would not notice your gone ;)

goughy
26th April 2007, 05:32 AM
might try and talk some of the A-Gamer's to come up and sample the sweet bent grass...

They were cored about 2 or 3 weeks ago so I am guessing they will be in nice nick come this weekend.

1. goughy
2. AndyP
3. Andylo
4. Peter_rs
5. Shazza_rs
6. DC68
7. Steve (goughy tag along)

BrisVegas
26th April 2007, 01:28 PM
too much on around then to get away, sorry guys.

Eag's
26th April 2007, 03:09 PM
Would love to come up Goughy but working as usual :(

Jarro
26th April 2007, 03:16 PM
waiting for my work roster to come out ....

goughy
30th April 2007, 09:24 PM
Beuller!!

PeteyD
30th April 2007, 09:30 PM
Put me in in pencil, but it is Goughy lite

goughy
1st May 2007, 06:17 AM
1. goughy
2. AndyP
3. Andylo
4. Peter_rs
5. Shazza_rs
6. DC68
8. PeteyD (goughy's faint impression on the page under the first on the note pad)

So far we've got 2 groups. Any preferences on who to play with. I'll have steve in my group. But the rest of ya's have played a lot together. Any suggestions? Is it time to break the RS's up?

AndyP
1st May 2007, 06:53 AM
Any preferences on who to play with.
Haven't you learnt not to ask this yet?

I don't think I've ever played with Shazza, although she has caddied in my group several times.

dc68
1st May 2007, 08:28 AM
Hey P if I can get to your place can I scab a lift?

AndyP
1st May 2007, 08:37 AM
I'm heading up on Saturday afternoon instead of the Sunday morning, dc.

Grunt
1st May 2007, 09:03 AM
I'm heading up on Saturday afternoon instead of the Sunday morning, dc.

You could just put DC up for the night, have a quiet drink maybe;)

dc68
1st May 2007, 10:09 AM
Bugger

PeteyD
1st May 2007, 06:38 PM
Nah I am out we need to be back down here too early :( bugga

1. goughy
2. AndyP
3. Andylo
4. Peter_rs
5. Shazza_rs
6. DC68

goughy
1st May 2007, 07:40 PM
Sorry to hear petey. We'll catch ya next time.

dc68
4th May 2007, 01:20 PM
What time will this be on the Sunday?

p.s Do you have a spare bucket?

goughy
4th May 2007, 05:12 PM
How does a late morning time sit with everyone. Maybe not so good come the actual day, but at least you'd get back to bris not too late.

Going down later tonight.

goughy
4th May 2007, 05:14 PM
p.s Do you have a spare bucket?

I'd be worried if I was in the group behind and my drive landed in the wet looking sand filled divot!! :smt087

AndyP
4th May 2007, 05:23 PM
How does a late morning time sit with everyone. Maybe not so good come the actual day, but at least you'd get back to bris not too late.Not too late please, in fact, I have no issue with early. I don't want to spend the whole weekend in Toowoomba. :shock: ;)

goughy
4th May 2007, 05:40 PM
If you spend too long in toowoomba, it can get it's fangs into you and you'll never be able to leave.

Was thinking the lat morning times, 8.30 to 9ish. Might even play the back 9 first to get the hills out of the way.

shazza_rs
4th May 2007, 06:04 PM
sounds like a plan to me goughy... i'm planning on being very under the weather

goughy
4th May 2007, 07:30 PM
Groups booked. I'll post them in the first post too. They're the last 2 morning times off the 10th.

Goughy
Steve
Alo
Peter RS

Andyp
Shazza RS
DC68
Jarro (used as a dummy to keep the spot for us ;) )

Yes, I have for the moment split the RS's up. If they're feeling all lovey dovey after their big night we can change it on the day.

While you're up here check out the master plan G69 is doing for the course. I haven't looked at it for a long time but there is more to happen than I remembered. A lot of fairway re-routing etc which open it up a bit I feel. Also read a lovely letter he sent up outling the reasons for some of the changes, and addressing some issues.

AndyP
4th May 2007, 08:43 PM
I read enough of his "material" here, without having to do it offline.

Thanks goughy. I'm looking forward to the trip up.

goughy
4th May 2007, 09:20 PM
But what about the trip down ;)

And it was my pleasure!

BrisWesty
5th May 2007, 05:12 AM
Get a room you two ;-)

Won't be kicking Jarro out.

4 rounds in 3 days this weekend will leave me all golfed out for a little while. (Yes the girls aren't home.)

BrisVegas
7th May 2007, 07:39 AM
Groups booked. I'll post them in the first post too. They're the last 2 morning times off the 10th.

Goughy
Steve
Alo
Peter RS

Andyp
Shazza RS
DC68
Jarro (used as a dummy to keep the spot for us ;) )

Is Jarro playing? If not, I'll take the 8th spot.

goughy
7th May 2007, 07:49 AM
I think he said he was interested. I'll check with him. If not it's all yours BV :)

If he's in, I could always star another group; were plenty available the other day. At worst we go in 3's.

Jarro
7th May 2007, 09:13 AM
Is Jarro playing? If not, I'll take the 8th spot.

All yours mate, i'll give it a miss this time .... i've got a sore left ankle ;)

goughy
7th May 2007, 09:30 AM
Vegas in, the wuss with the sore left foot out.

Sorry, I mean jarro!! ;)

dc68
8th May 2007, 09:04 AM
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Dean I am going to have to pull out of this. Thanks for the offer of somwhere to crash.
The ex :smt079:evil: has advised me this is the weekend I can have my little bloke for this month.
My apologies. I was really looking forward to :smt078 my way around City's Hills too.

My apologies also to Shazza and Pete, thanks for the invite to your shindig but I will have to pull out of that also.

Sorry:cry: :smt012

P.s thanks to P for the offer of a lift I know how much you will miss my enchanting company on the drive up... and the Bourbon fumes on the way back.

poidda
8th May 2007, 10:51 AM
Pencil me in for DCs spot. I will have to double check with the boss I dont have other plans first.

goughy
8th May 2007, 06:51 PM
No probs DC. You have yourself a top weekend with your kid. I'll be organising another one soon for middle ridge golf club anyway.

Poidda on hold for your spot.

poidda
9th May 2007, 09:26 AM
Sorry guys. No can do on this one!

BrisVegas
9th May 2007, 02:20 PM
Ken Ichimiya will possibly take poidda's spot unless someone else is thinking of coming up. I'll ask him tonight.

BrisVegas
9th May 2007, 02:57 PM
Ken would like to play. I can possibly get two more starters if there is room Goughy??

goughy
9th May 2007, 07:43 PM
That gives us 8 Vegas. But if they want to come up I can at the least try and get 2 spots for them.

Is there anyone else interested in this game???

BrisVegas
10th May 2007, 09:34 AM
yep, just leave it as is. If the other two guys decide they want to play, I'll call the club and get them a tee time.

BrisVegas
10th May 2007, 08:08 PM
Daisuke is down in the group prior to us now, as he was keen to come and play. There was no-one else in the gorup, so room for a couple more if anyone wanted. Don't worry you don't necessarily have to play with the big hitting ex-pro baseballer from Japan.... but it is entertaining!

8:15
Daisuke Kanda

Goughy
Steve
Alo
Peter RS

Andyp
Shazza RS
Ken Ichimiya
Brisvegas

PeteyD
11th May 2007, 11:29 AM
Damn that would be great to see. I will keep working on the management and hopefully get more than blank stares or bashed on the head ...

peter_rs
11th May 2007, 01:37 PM
Tell her to come out for the exercise ;) :)

goughy
11th May 2007, 04:39 PM
Booked vegas and ken in with their mate. So we have 3 groups now, with a total of 3 free spots. Come on. Must be someone in the whole brisbane region up for a game!!!!

PeteyD
13th May 2007, 07:57 PM
I don't think she really wants to do that. It is more about getting the kids back early on Sunday :(

goughy
16th May 2007, 06:26 PM
The rough is as dead as, the fairways lush and green. Considering the weather the course looks great. The green reno's have pretty much healed up and the greens are looking good for the weekend. Vegas will be happy!

peter_rs
16th May 2007, 09:41 PM
has city ever had rough?

goughy
16th May 2007, 10:17 PM
Oh yeah. Some real nasty stuff, when there was rain.

BrisVegas
17th May 2007, 03:33 PM
hey Goughy, how much are visitor green fees at City?? This will be the first time I've played it that I'm not a member. :shock:

goughy
17th May 2007, 05:42 PM
It was $16 last time I remember. I don't know if it's just $10 for this event. It's getting plenty tv advertising up here so I wouldn't be surprised if it's just $10 across the board.

And we still have some spots to fill. We've got 3 groups of 3 atm, but if no more chime in bo tomorrow arvo I'll release one spot in each group back to the field!

goughy
18th May 2007, 05:51 PM
First post edited to reflect final groupings. Still room for any stragglers unless the free spots in each group get taken.

goughy
20th May 2007, 03:11 PM
First post now edited to reflect scores (if you could call them that)! Had an absolute ball with my mate steve and alo. Shazza commented she could hear us in fits of laughter. Must have been while we were adding up our scores!! ;)

AndyP
20th May 2007, 06:00 PM
Thanks for organising the round on my request, goughy. As usual, City was a treat to play on despite the supposed drought (we have no idea where they are getting their water from).

Thanks for the game, Shaz. It was good playing with you, despite there being no chance of you shooting the lights out today for various reasons. Good luck in the Middle Ridge Champs. Fire up! :D

I didn't get any sort of groove going for the first nine and stuggled from tee to green. I blame a late clothing change. ;) Plenty of improvement on the second with a couple of hiccups.

BrisVegas
20th May 2007, 08:27 PM
Thanks for the day Goughy. City was in super nik and was surprisingly difficult in the light winds today. I'd forgotten how bloody tight some of those fairways are!

Was good to play with Pete and Ken, although at times when they were blazing away with drivers and I was bunting 3 wood off the tee, it felt like I was in the group behind! We all played ok on the back 9, (Ken -1, Pete +9, Me +3) but all managed to collapse on the front (Ken +9, Pete +20, Me +10).

Still, it was enjoyable and we all managed some good holes to show some potential for better golf. Thanks again.

P.S. AndyP - those shorts were HUGE!

BrisVegas
20th May 2007, 08:29 PM
Goughy - where are the pics? And tell us the story about how you played my ball on the 14th. :wink:

AndyP
20th May 2007, 08:34 PM
P.S. AndyP - those shorts were HUGE!
That's because my arse is HUUUUUUGE! :lol:

Eag's
20th May 2007, 08:47 PM
That's because my arse is HUUUUUUGE! :lol:

Please tell me he didn't wear his Grandad socks with his huge pants :razz:

BrisVegas
20th May 2007, 08:50 PM
he had some natty black ones on. Much better than the tan ones I'm used to seeing...

Can't help but think a little "queer eye" wouldn't go astray for our straight guy P.

goughy
20th May 2007, 08:58 PM
Yes, the 14th, my DQ hole. Off the tee hit snap hook into tree and I thought it went close to oob. So hit a snappier hook provisional into a closer tree.

Hit my provisional again then moved onto where I thought my first had gone out. Find a bridgestone No.4 (the 4 in red) and think, great luck. Put that one on the green in good position. Then I head over to help alo look for his drive. In the end he heads back to the tee to re-tee. While alo heads back we call the group behind through. They had a little break to the group behind them so I thought this would keep things moving along.

Anyway, we eventually get to the green. My mate is having a shocker this hole and takes several to get on the green. In the meantime I have marked my ball. Once he's on the green I go to replace my ball, putting the make mark (the e6 marking) face down when I notice it says - B330 S. The group behind us are now walking up to their balls - every drive for me so far has been a hook into the left trees. I don't want to hold things up any more as I'm not scoring well so I call it.

Pissed off on the next hole (15th par 3) and hit 8 iron to about 4 mtrs and 4 putt. Then proceed to drive round the corner on the 16th, into the fairway bunkers on 17 (left fairway edge I'll take it) and the edge of the right rough on 18, 130mtrs from the green. Go figure.

I thought my driving was bad this round. But my putting was just a bit off you could say. I one putted holes 10, 16, 18 and 6 and finished with 39 putts for the round :o . That's an average of 2.5 putts/hole for the other 14 holes :oops::smt087 And my first round since changing my belly back to a short putter. I was averaging 34 with the belly.

I finished 90(ish with the dq) which I'm kind of surprised with considering the putting stats. Other significant stats, 1/14 fir, 5 gir. Still trying to work out how I shot 90 with those stats :smt108

BrisVegas
20th May 2007, 09:07 PM
Once he's on the green I go to replace my ball, putting the make mark (the e6 marking) face down when I notice it says - B330 S.

How is my B330-S going anyway? I'd played more than a round with it and collected the powerlines on the 14th when we all lost sight of it! You should keep playing with it and do a story on the Bridgey's durability.... and luck!

peter_rs
20th May 2007, 09:20 PM
IT was a fun today.

Thanks to ken and dion. You hit a few big drives and a few nice gay drives, and nice irons. :) It was great to watch ken work the ball even if it was a bad round for him.

My day was doom when I had a tap in bird on 10 our first. then hurt my wrist on 18 hitting a funkie drive. after that I missed every fairway (well the 4 when I hit driver).

The 8 on the 2 (par 3 ) killed my day-lost ball bit of sand and a three putt. I played all the par 3's bad which hurts.

AndyP
20th May 2007, 09:20 PM
he had some natty black ones on. Much better than the tan ones I'm used to seeing...
The tan ones make one appearance and you never hear the end of it.

And as for the black socks (and accompanying black boots) in the clubhouse, I only wore those because they are the only shoes I had with me besides golf shoes, due to the previous evenings festivities. I know how silly they looked, but let's face it, did it really look out of place in Toowoomba?

goughy
20th May 2007, 09:21 PM
Oh, Moe. You should have come up today. You could have played your matchplay with Azza. We didn't see him, but he seems to have left his name written on several of our greens today ;)

andylo
21st May 2007, 07:36 AM
Thanks for organising it and 'machine' and steve. Such an enjoyable round in a great condition course. Hopefully can do it again soon :D

shazza_rs
21st May 2007, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the round guys. Had a good time out.

I was surprised that i wasn't feeling seedy. I was surprisingly good considering i cracked my first beer at 4:30 on satdee arvo and didn't stop until 1:30am sunday. I think i was suffering from tiredness and a zero level care factor.

I had 101 but i wasn't actually playing that badly. Copped a lot of right hand bender kicks off fairways into trees. Never in my life have i been raped by so many trees... no stance.... and they were prickly bloody trees too. :)

Putter was on and off... think i need to take some more time over the short ones.

Was good to actually get to play a round of golf with you AP. I think that is the first round????

Thanks for organising the game for us Dean.

Oh and i felt about 12 years old when i had to ring mum and dad to come and pick pete and i up from the golf course.

amanda
21st May 2007, 01:01 PM
Oh and i felt about 12 years old when i had to ring mum and dad to come and pick pete and i up from the golf course.
Hey shaz - what's wrong with the car?

shazza_rs
21st May 2007, 01:03 PM
Nothing is wrong with the car.... neither Pete or I were under the legal driving limit at 7am sundee morning.... my mum was nice enough to drop us off at the course....

amanda
21st May 2007, 02:34 PM
ahhhh - glad to see you were being responsible :)

dc68
21st May 2007, 02:36 PM
meow................ ;)

AndyP
21st May 2007, 02:37 PM
Was good to actually get to play a round of golf with you AP. I think that is the first round????
I'm pretty sure it was, which is why I requested it. Now you'll be requesting to play with me everytime. :mrgreen:

goughy
21st May 2007, 06:55 PM
Steve checked today and said your pin held on the 2nd Andy. Looks like another trip to toowoomba to pick up some golf balls ;)

After the nudgee plate it'll be time for a game at middle ridge me thinks...

AndyP
21st May 2007, 07:07 PM
Steve checked today and said your pin held on the 2nd Andy. Looks like another trip to toowoomba to pick up some golf balls ;)
:D We need a fistpump emoticon. I can't believe I forgot about that great shot.

After the nudgee plate it'll be time for a game at middle ridge me thinks...Despite one of my first big ISG days being there, I think I've only played it 2 or 3 times, and it's been over 2 years since the last visit.

goughy
21st May 2007, 08:11 PM
And it's such a different feeling course from city. I only get two courses in town and I'm pretty happy with both of them.

goughy
21st May 2007, 08:13 PM
And you picked up 5 balls for that too. e5 or e6 quality etc. Not the big guns tho.

AndyP
21st May 2007, 08:26 PM
I think those will do just fine. Although I used an e5 yesterday that parred the 7th, then went straight into the drink on 8. :?

shazza_rs
26th May 2007, 09:42 AM
hurt my wrist on 18 hitting a funkie drive.

Well i guess he wasn't just being a sook..... it still hurts and is bandaged up as i type.

goughy
5th June 2007, 08:17 PM
Well, finally downloaded the vids of our tee shots on the first tee, so how do I put them somewhere so we can see them? Or can I email them to someone who can do it for me? This is one thing rob dosen't know much about.

Also, is there some way in realplayer you can view each individual frame of the vids? Moving in percentages doesn't cut it!

AndyP
6th June 2007, 06:58 AM
Why don't you host them on our server, then provide the links?

goughy
6th June 2007, 07:29 AM
I don't know how to do that!!!

That's what I thought of, but I think rob was too busy last night to help me (read: do it for me)

Vice MC
14th May 2013, 09:41 AM
Any of you burglars coming up for this on the wknd?

sms316
14th May 2013, 10:34 AM
A little more notice wouldn't have gone astray.

Vice MC
14th May 2013, 11:07 AM
Yeah i know i only just signed up myself..pretty packed field. We can't all be as good as you at handing out notices either

sms316
14th May 2013, 11:16 AM
Yeah i know i only just signed up myself..pretty packed field. We can't all be as good as you at handing out notices either What can I say? It's a skill that is constantly being refined.