21st April 2007, 04:17 PM
Hi All

1 Group booked for Mac Grange Saturday 5th May
Stroke

7.42 Tee Off
Grunt
Matt3jab
Glenn (a mate of mine)

freeNot sure of cost, I think it is now $39 for visitors with cart hire included.

Scores

McCoy 71 Nett
Grunt 73 Nett
Matt3jab 83 Nett

Grunt
30th April 2007, 11:07 AM
One spot free if anyone wants to play.

Grunt
1st May 2007, 08:50 AM
Any takers, I know it is monthly medal day for most Sydneysiders. Which means not many guys or girls free to play. Monthly medal at mac grange is open to visitors. Good chance to have a game with Matt on his comeback, will be his 1st comp round that actually is individual and not team based.

Does anyone want to have a go at Mac Grange in a little tougher config than that which was caused by the drought. Rough is back to how it was a few years ago; Penal. A lot tougher track than it was only 3 months ago.

Matt 3 Jab
1st May 2007, 11:25 PM
I'll be there, should have my hybrid to test as well as my 3 wood.

See you there grant, good luck tomoz!

Grunt
2nd May 2007, 06:41 AM
See you there Matt, will keep the spare spot booked for one of us until Thursday arvo, if not taken up then I will ring the club and open it up.

McCoy
2nd May 2007, 04:55 PM
Pencil me in Grunt, I'll confirm hopefully tonight.
And the people at Golflink can pencil me in for +0.1

Grunt
2nd May 2007, 05:03 PM
Good to hear McCoy, you will go in as the 4th member of the group now known as Vis. on the tee sheet. PM me your details and I will let the club know tomorrow. They print cards the night before.
Guess that means it is now an official OzGolf event and almost a NSW Classic as we now have 3 OzGolfers playing the same course on the same day ;)

Grunt
4th May 2007, 05:31 PM
Last minute spot available, mates car broke down coming home from work and can't make the trip to Mac Grange. If anyone is keen see you there, 7:42 tee off

3oneday
4th May 2007, 06:07 PM
Will he still be walking home ?

:lol:

Grunt
4th May 2007, 06:11 PM
Being towed from Beverley Hills to Mascot as I type.

mikezone13
4th May 2007, 07:33 PM
Being towed from Beverley Hills to Mascot as I type.

You're not going to pick him up for golf tomorrow?

What sort of mate are you? j/k

Grunt
5th May 2007, 03:02 PM
Scores added to 1st post,

Thanks for the game guys, it was a tough slog. Was a slow day,medal days are like this sometimes.
Matt, you certainly have the 3 putt thing don pat at the moment, I started to do it as well on the back nine.
Cameron nice to meet you mate and boy you hit a big ball, sometimes too big, you were very unlucky on 7.
Funny how all 3 of us had the situation of losing a ball in a relatively unloseable position. Matt may have had help from a social group in losing his while they were playing the 10th while we were on 16.
Well done Cameron on the win you may even win the visitors prize for that win, if so I will let you know.

McCoy
6th May 2007, 05:52 PM
Enjoyed the day, even though it was real slow. Good to meet Grant and Matt. Matt could have the best swing in Ozgolf, and the worst putting stroke.
Grant put together a pretty solid day given what happened at the first tee :shock: I reckon if that happened to me I'd be tempted to throw the driver in the water and walk back to the car.

Thanks guys

Grunt
6th May 2007, 06:28 PM
Well I guess I have to explain what McCoy is talking about.
1st shot of the day was what could be described as worse than a shocker. I almost had an airswing only to shank it into my shin. I then proceeded to hit my next shot into the hazard. I walked off with an 8!! Was not the start I needed to have on Monthly medal day.

3oneday
6th May 2007, 06:38 PM
I almost had an airswing only to shank it into my shin.I've never heard of someone hitting themselves in the leg, was there a penalty for that in the 8 as well ?

Grunt
6th May 2007, 06:42 PM
Yes a few, stroke for hitting myself plus another for putting the ball in the hazard.

Jarro
6th May 2007, 06:44 PM
How the hell do you hit yourself in the shin ??!!!!?????

Grunt
6th May 2007, 06:48 PM
Don't ever want to do it again either. Was pretty bad, what was worse was the fact I almost did it again on the 14th tee (our 5th) as well with a filthy cold top.

mikezone13
6th May 2007, 06:51 PM
Yes a few, stroke for hitting myself plus another for putting the ball in the hazard.

Isn't it a two stroke penalty for your ball hitting you or your equipment?

Does that make it a 9, but you signed for an 8? DQ?? ;)

Jarro
6th May 2007, 06:53 PM
i'm sorry Grant, but i can't for the life of me see how you could hit yourself while swinging the driver :-s

You have to tell me what happened ??

Grunt
6th May 2007, 06:58 PM
i'm sorry Grant, but i can't for the life of me see how you could hit yourself while swinging the driver :-s

You have to tell me what happened ??
As close as you can go to an airswing, the ball then trickling off the tee to just touch my front leg foot/shin.

Grunt
6th May 2007, 07:04 PM
Isn't it a two stroke penalty for your ball hitting you or your equipment?

Does that make it a 9, but you signed for an 8? DQ?? ;)

Sorry my mistake it was an 8 with all correct penalties added. Was discussed amongst the group to make sure i had got it all right.

AndyP
6th May 2007, 07:17 PM
Worst 17 capper ever!!!! :p