PDA

View Full Version : C-Grove Putters.. WOW!

ben
15th September 2004, 09:52 AM
I just had the C-Grove rep drop pust the shop and OMG. I have never used a better feeling putter in my life. If you guys get a chance have a hit with a C-Grove. A lot of the pro's are changing to them (Singh, Allenby, Weir (none of them being paid either)). The feel you get off them is amazing, especially since they are made from a 17-4 steel! I orded myself a Tracy II but the new Calais model will be in the bag once it gets into stock. Anyway I'm excited, go have a look at www.yesgolf.com.

amanda
15th September 2004, 10:29 AM
Don't forget Retief used one to win his 2nd US Open.

They often advertise specials on GEA when a C-groove player is leading a tournament - $US10 - then it goes to $US20 discount if he wins.

ben
15th September 2004, 10:49 AM
Amanda,

I can't believe I left out the Goose after his amazing display of putting at the open!

Anyway this is the first time I had ever seen them, totally blew me away.

prmeier
15th September 2004, 12:34 PM
How much Ben. :D :oops:

Jarro
15th September 2004, 12:43 PM
sweet looking putters Ben.

You told us about these before, haven't you received yours yet :?: :?

ben
15th September 2004, 12:49 PM
Hi Pete,

Rep said $295 retail, we will be charging $295 "off the shelf" and $365 counter balanced and fitted.

Jarro,

I get mine this afternoon. I feel like a kid waiting for a new bike!

amanda
15th September 2004, 12:55 PM
Rep said $295 retail, we will be charging $295 "off the shelf" and $365 counter balanced and fitted.

Ben - what does counter balancing and fitting of a putter involve?

ben
15th September 2004, 12:58 PM
Amanda,

Counter balancing involves going through a rear weigting system. you can read more about it at www.balance-certified.com. It is an awesome system.

macleod
15th September 2004, 03:42 PM
they still come with those cool white and yellow headcovers?

had one awhile ago, i think an ISGer bought it :)

must admit it was pretty sweet.

i think Terence saw it when he hosted me graciously at Concord after i'd been awake for over 36 hours on the turps :lol:

jarro and tez might have seen it at indooroopilly as well....still can't remember why i sold it.....

Jarro
15th September 2004, 03:58 PM
Macca ... #-o

macleod
15th September 2004, 04:02 PM
Macca ... #-o

meh.....i canned that looong birdie putt on the par 5 there remember, that was probably the only good thing i did with it :D

that and the fact the putt would have ended up about 20m past the hole if it hadn't slammed in :lol:

macleod
15th September 2004, 04:14 PM
ooh, and if anyone wants to try the balanced certified system, Peter Shaw at Oxley driving range does it for putters.

not sure if he does the other clubs though...

on other points, i concur with ben, it's a really nice soft feel and excellent roll.

Mine had the anodized aluminum insert grooves, think i had the heather model.....mind hazy...

Jarro
15th September 2004, 04:15 PM
Macca ... #-o

meh.....i canned that looong birdie putt on the par 5 there remember, that was probably the only good thing i did with it :D

that and the fact the putt would have ended up about 20m past the hole if it hadn't slammed in :lol:

thats right 8)

'twas an awesome putt :)

almost as good as the one i nailed on the Par5 at bribie :wink:

McMw
15th September 2004, 04:36 PM
hmmm.....makes the "under400ringgit" they were asking for at Saujana GC in KL seems like a great buy!!!

gotta remind myself to slap my mate over the back of the head for not buying one!!! :roll:

jaster
15th September 2004, 05:19 PM
I just had the C-Grove rep drop pust the shop and OMG. I have never used a better feeling putter in my life. If you guys get a chance have a hit with a C-Grove. A lot of the pro's are changing to them (Singh, Allenby, Weir (none of them being paid either)).

Hey Ben, this is big news....being an Anal equpiment HO I like to know what everyone is using, last I saw Singh is using a Betterdini, Allenby a Bobby Grace Scottsdale (anser copy) and Weir was using a Cameron. Do you know if they are going to change and if so when? That would be HUGE!!!! :shock:

ben
15th September 2004, 05:38 PM
Jaster,

I believe that VJ is currently using it, Goose used it to win the Open and is still using it. I will find out some more details tho. I been putting with mine and it is the truest rolling putter that I've used. It may have been Appleby using it not Allenby but I shall find out.

ben
15th September 2004, 05:42 PM
It is Appleby not Allenby who is using it. He used it to win the Mecedes.

As of June 2004, 25+ Professional Tournaments have been won by players using C-Groove putters.
- 2004 U.S. Open and European Open
- 2004 Mercedes Championship
- 2003 Las Vegas Invitational
- 2003 Volvo PGA
- 2003 German Linde on European Tour
- 2003 Monterrey Classic on Nationwide Tour
- 2002: 3 Wins on Canadian Tour
- 2001 U.S. Open
- 2001 World Golf Team Championship
- 2001: 3 Wins on European Tour
- 2001: 3 Wins on Canadian Tour

McMw
15th September 2004, 05:44 PM
good to hear it's Apples and not Allenby...coz I read somewhere that the BG putter has been with Allenby for almost 14yrs (?), so hard to imagine he would let it go now...

still going to slap my friend at the back of the head for not buying the putter last week.... :roll:

jaster
15th September 2004, 06:52 PM
They look like they are great mate, must be the grooves that give the solid feel hey Ben?

Here is what I found out about Vijays putter.....it's a Ben Hogan by Bettinardi BHB5-CC

http://www.bettinardi.com/bettinardi.asp?nav=tour

September 7, 2004 Bettinardi Golf Captures 3rd Victory of 2004 Season

August 15, 2004 Bettinardi captures the 86th PGA Championship

August 1, 2004 Bettinardi Wins 2nd Consecutive Buick Open

http://img57.exs.cx/img57/4219/SinghMC3.jpg

http://i7.ebayimg.com/02/i/01/dc/04/2c_1.JPG

http://www.thegolfchannel.com/core.aspx?page=17200&select=11146&select2=6535

As for Apples he for sure uses one, last I saw anyway 8)

jaster
15th September 2004, 06:54 PM
Oh yeah...would love to try this model...

http://www.yesgolf.com/Images/callie.jpg

Any ideas on price Ben??

ben
15th September 2004, 07:56 PM
Jaster,

that is very interesting. Both the rep told me and the brochure I have has VJ on it!

All models beside the belly and broom have a RRP of $295.00

Choppa
15th September 2004, 08:36 PM
Ben,

Where abouts do you work?

Eag's
15th September 2004, 08:53 PM
Like the look of the Sophia =P~ keeping my eye out for a decent blade putter :D

Ducky
15th September 2004, 09:08 PM
I am interested in the Natalie and Amy models, but no way am I going to pay $300 for a putter when I can't even sink a few putts with the one I have at the moment!

:?

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

Anonymous
16th September 2004, 05:38 AM
Hi guys I'm new here but am a huge fan of the C-Groove putters. I know a guy in the industry in the US and he got me the Tracy II and it's been good enough to knock the Scotty Red X out of the bag! Sadly I'm an equipment whore.
They are very difficult to find in OZ and rarely come up on eBay. I paid about $120US which is pretty good compared to the $280+US mark most of the new Scottys, Bettinardis and Tour Blues are going for.
Yes they still come with the cool white headcover and Vijay definitely uses the Bettinardi no a C-Groove.
Cheers

jaster
16th September 2004, 05:48 AM
Very good first post Chucky!!! Welcome 8)

ben
16th September 2004, 07:08 AM
Chucky,

Great post! I been playing around with my Tracy II all night and I'm in love. I really can't remember the last time I got this excited over equipment. I think these putters will be a big item once people start having a put with them, they are so smooth! The roll of these is very very true.

ben
16th September 2004, 07:17 AM
If anyone wants any putters ozgolf price will be $280 shipped.

Choppa,

I have a golf shop in Camberwell in Melbourne.

macleod
16th September 2004, 08:21 AM
i believe the actual putter that i owned is now up on ebay now here in oz:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1518&item=7102259302&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

it's seems to have changed hands a couple of times...and the price has increased markedly since i sold it :)

Boonie
16th September 2004, 12:55 PM
Jaster,

Vijay's putter is actually a Bettinardi MC-3. It's pre-Hogan. I assume Cally/Hogan are trying to claim it by saying it is one of their models. There are quite a few threads on it on BSG.

Can also see it on www.tksputters.com

VJ probably had a few C-Groove's made up for him while he was tinkering around with going back to a short putter. He goes through plenty of putters. I'm 100% sure that he has never used a C-Groove in a tournament though.

jaster
16th September 2004, 01:28 PM
Thanks Boonie, I was listing the model off the golf channel :lol:

Jarro
16th September 2004, 02:21 PM
If anyone wants any putters ozgolf price will be $280 shipped.

Choppa,

I have a golf shop in Camberwell in Melbourne.

nice work Benny-Boy 8)

do ya take trade-ins :smt017

ben
16th September 2004, 02:24 PM
Jarro,

Nah I don't, but Ebay does ;)