PDA

View Full Version : Magical Mystical Golflink

PeteyD
13th April 2007, 09:50 PM
According to my Golflink (which is pretty ugly but you get that) I played last weekend in the comp up at Toowoomba. Dunno what is going on there, and going out another 0.2 at this stage doesn;t bother me that much, but I definately played no golf as the Sunday was #2's 4th birthday. What do I need to do to get the record fixed?

Can the golf link guru at Reddy fix it for me or do I need to contact Toowoomba?

AndyP
13th April 2007, 10:05 PM
Once it's entered, it's locked in. I think you have to contact your own handicapper to make an amendment.

shavey
13th April 2007, 10:50 PM
Your home course should be able to make an adhoc adjustment PeteyD.

Moe Norman
13th April 2007, 10:54 PM
never mind- I once shot 67 at Hope Island on a wednesday when I was in Melbourne at a meeting :shock:

Then when attmepting to get it fixed, I lost 2 years of history.

I don't tlike to compain about the system too much though - as its probably the best of its kind in the world, they just need to give a little bit more 'administrator access' to home clubs.

PeteyD
14th April 2007, 04:42 AM
hmm might be best to leave the 0.2 there then.

goughy
14th April 2007, 06:26 AM
I guess it just depends on how much of a problem for you it is really. If it dosen't bother you too much just leave it.

I once had a score entered from a game I did play, but they got it so wrong that if I left it I'd still probably be off single figures this day. That was from a game at Mt Coolum over 3 or 4 years ago now. But my home club made an ad hoc entry for me to fix it (should have kept my mouth shut).

Andrew
14th April 2007, 09:50 AM
About 20 years ago, there was a guy floating around Sydney who would look on the members handicap boards most clubs had displayed, pick a handicap that he could play to easily & book himself into another clubs mid-week open day using that name.

Back then, opens days were not heavily booked & pro shops rarely check membership cards. Apparently, he would play a northside club one week, pick a name of their board to use at a southside club the next week. He would then pick a name of that clubs board to use at a northside club the week after, & so on.

I was playing off 7 at the time. My last 4 or 5 rounds had been pretty poor, but when I turned up to the pro shop one Saturday morning for a comp they told me I was off 6. After the round, I asked the secretary manager why my handicap had dropped & he told me it was due to the 42 point I had at Muirfield 2 weeks earlier. I told them it wasn’t me, but there was nothing they could really do.

I’ve had a Golflink score changed once when there was a CCR mistake made for the entire field, but when it’s an individual mistake, the club has to make an adjustment.

goughy
14th April 2007, 10:14 AM
Mine was a strange occurance. I'll try to remember it. I played at Mt Coolum in a saturday comp as a reciprocal member. Golflink was newish to them I think. They still took all my info down on paper too. Anyway, I finished the round playing several shots over my hc. .1 was coming my way.

I think they entered my hc as 16, but in the bit where it shows what hc you played to it showed as 0, even though my score was 20 something points. My hc dropped to 8 something.

It looked pretty obvious on my golflink history, and certainly if I'd been around the forums in those days then someone here would have pointed it out toot sweet! (there's a phrase for you)

shazza_rs
14th April 2007, 04:01 PM
According to my Golflink (which is pretty ugly but you get that) I played last weekend in the comp up at Toowoomba. Dunno what is going on there, and going out another 0.2 at this stage doesn;t bother me that much, but I definately played no golf as the Sunday was #2's 4th birthday. What do I need to do to get the record fixed?

Can the golf link guru at Reddy fix it for me or do I need to contact Toowoomba?

Petey....

We noticed a Peter Davies on the players list for the easter champs. The guy must not of had a golflink number on his card so they used what was in their database.

PeteyD
14th April 2007, 04:47 PM
Ahh the joys of a common name.

PeteyD
15th May 2007, 01:04 PM
Chased this up again today, and wonder of wonders the games are now removed from my golf stink. It still stinks but 1 shot less than it did yesterday ;) . Also means I am off 25 for at least 1 game.

BrisVegas
15th May 2007, 01:22 PM
Who did you chase it up with Pete? I've got a rogue tonne in my history that I need removed....

PeteyD
15th May 2007, 01:24 PM
Simon at Reddy Bay did it for me. According to the golflink site you need to contact the handicapper at your home club.

Grunt
22nd March 2011, 09:33 PM
I have just had this happen to me, I have an ad hoc score added for the 19th March at Bathurst. Was not me. I have emailed Golflink and will ring Bathurst tomorrow. Do they delete it? or do something else as with this new handicapping scheme it does matter for longer

markTHEblake
22nd March 2011, 09:56 PM
Happened to me, apparently its not Golflinks responsibility. I was told to ring the club that entered the score, but as if they would care.

Ned
22nd March 2011, 10:22 PM
I have just had this happen to me, I have an ad hoc score added for the 19th March at Bathurst. Was not me. I have emailed Golflink and will ring Bathurst tomorrow. Do they delete it? or do something else as with this new handicapping scheme it does matter for longer

Grunt.

Where is your home Club for Golflink purposes ?

Moe Norman
22nd March 2011, 10:50 PM
I played at Ipswich a couple of weeks back, the bloke even asked me to write down my Golf Link and Home Club details.

Still no entry on my record though

AndyP
22nd March 2011, 11:09 PM
Gailes did the same thing to me last year. I followed it up by phone twice too, and still couldn't get anywhere.
A similar issue for a wrong score from Carbrook as well.

I don't know how you get them to care enough to correct an error.

Ned
7th March 2013, 12:01 AM
We have had one of our members have a "Score" show up in May last year, gross 76 using his 26 handicap at a Central Coast NSW Club.

He is a once in a blue moon comp player, turned up to play to find his handicap down to 17.

Emailed Golflink and they removed round straight away.

If the score is loaded at your home club, they have up to 90 days or something to be able delete the score, after that just ask your Handicapper to email Golflink Help Desk and they will remove.