PDA

View Full Version : Putter choices

3oneday
14th September 2004, 04:07 PM
Given this choice:

Odyssey 2Ball Lined 34"
Mezza Monsa ? 34"

What would u do and why ??? As a HO, you know why I am asking this question, as my friends and associates, this is why I am asking your opinion....

Pete

oh, and Kee, your reasons would be appreciated, you may get the loser :wink: .....

terryand
14th September 2004, 04:35 PM
Mezza for me Pete.

It looks like it has knocked the long serving Trihot out of my bag.

I found, for me a lot easier to line on than the 2ball and alot better feel than the black Monza.

Terry.

McMw
14th September 2004, 04:44 PM
Mezza for me too...

the 2ball with the line (stuck on) looks great...but the wobbling of the putter head back makes it look worse... :?

gazgolf1
14th September 2004, 05:04 PM
Another vote for the Mezza 8) ,I'm trying to convince the wife to buy me a centreshafted one for my birthday.
2 ball never did it for me. :?

Jarro
14th September 2004, 05:13 PM
.. another vote for the Mezza :wink:

.. or you could go for the best and get a Scotty :wink: :P

Fishman Dan
14th September 2004, 05:19 PM
Another vote for the Mezza 8) ,I'm trying to convince the wife to buy me a centreshafted one for my birthday.

Something about a wife, a centreshaft, and 2 balls.

And i thought avatar's were getting risque :shock:

Onewood
14th September 2004, 05:21 PM
As one of the better putters on the site :D My vote goes for the Odyssey 2Ball Lined 34"

But if you have a lack of confidence in putting like those above, the mezza maybe better :D

Odyssey 2Ball is magic :smt038

terryand
14th September 2004, 05:22 PM
As one of the better putters on the site :D My vote goes for the Odyssey 2Ball Lined 34"

But if you have a lack of confidence in putting like those above, the mezza maybe better :D

Kev, P...off :evil:

Terry.

Iain
14th September 2004, 05:27 PM

Good one Kev.... :roll:

gazgolf1
14th September 2004, 05:31 PM

Something about a wife, a centreshaft, and 2 balls.

And i thought avatar's were getting risque :shock:

Dirty Fishy. :wink:

3oneday
14th September 2004, 08:08 PM
Currently own a 2ball blade, not lined. Have found the putter to be great but with no improvement on 3 & 4 footers, but then even when putting well I feel I will miss a 4 footer !!!! maybe a line will help, but that doesn't then help the choice as they both have lines :roll: .

Anyway, maybe hit a couple when they arrive and choose the best feel ???

Pete

jaster
14th September 2004, 10:06 PM
You name it I have tried it, very hard to go past the 2ball or Mezza....really depends on personal preference.

I have a CS 2ball DFX coming this week and a Piper G2i in a week or so...I'll let you know which I prefer :lol: :wink:

3oneday
15th September 2004, 07:06 AM
CS 2ball DFX and a Piper G2i
never heard of them ??? a CS 2ball, is that short for something only a deviot could guess ??

I suppose I could wait for the new White Steel putters in mid October, only problem with that is I quite like the feel of the current 2ball, and they are more metallic in sound (apparently).

Pete

CobraSS
15th September 2004, 12:46 PM
CS 2ball DFX and a Piper G2i
never heard of them ??? a CS 2ball, is that short for something only a deviot could guess ??

I suppose I could wait for the new White Steel putters in mid October, only problem with that is I quite like the feel of the current 2ball, and they are more metallic in sound (apparently).

Pete

CS=centershafted

BrisVegas
15th September 2004, 06:45 PM
My vote is for the Mezza. I got the big ol' black Rossa Monza and it is pretty good. However I prefer the look of the silver ones. And it's all about looks.... :wink:

terryand
15th September 2004, 06:58 PM
However I prefer the look of the silver ones. And it's all about looks.... :wink:

Damn straight Vegas :wink:

Terry.

3oneday
15th September 2004, 07:19 PM
and how good does that red and black grip look !!!!

jaster
15th September 2004, 07:26 PM
Feels great as well!!

Jarro
15th September 2004, 08:22 PM
still not a scotty :wink: :lol:

terryand
15th September 2004, 08:59 PM
And the magnetic headcover is a winner too :D

Terry.

prmeier
16th September 2004, 08:23 AM
I've used the Mezza, the Monza and the 2 ball over the last 12 months and found the Mezza to be the best. Has a better finish than the Monza and better alignment than the 2 ball. In saying that I ended up switching to the dark side (thanks to many not so subtle hints from you know who) and picked up a Scotty SS Newport. Have never putted better. I thought all these fancy alignment aids would help but actually find it much easier to line up the square face and back edge than all the curves on the other putters. Very simple clean look and it works.

andylo
16th September 2004, 08:58 AM
I generally perfer the Mezza but I never try it on real green. (Only used a Rossa Monza on real green) For the look, the alignment system, the quality, weight, feel.

But 1 very important difference between 2B hot white and Rossa are short putt.

While Rossa feel so good anything above 6 feets, I find anything between 3 feets are a little amusing. Probably it's my (crappy) putting style but anything between the short distance I perfer to push it in, rather than tap it in. With the 2B Hotwhite I have no problem doing that. But with Rossa Monza red insert (even the Fontana tour 4-01 I am using now) it lack of feel, plus the ball didn't roll outta face and usually I end up "double-clicked" the ball. (I wish you guys understand what I am talking about) So I ended up has to tap in the short putt, which decrease the accuracy.

3oneday
23rd September 2004, 07:48 AM
still not a scotty

it is now :roll: :wink: :roll: :wink:

Jarro
23rd September 2004, 03:12 PM
still not a scotty

it is now :roll: :wink: :roll: :wink:

finally :roll: :lol: