PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing 9th April 2007

AndyP
11th April 2007, 08:21 AM
It's nice to start another one of these.

10/04/07, Nambour GC, Social Tees

Score 47-38-85 nett 74 (Par 34-34-68 ACR probably about 63/4)

Looks like I've finally come around to that form slump I've been holding off. Bugger!

Next Round: 14/4, McLeod Cup & OZgolf Matchplay Rd 1 Take 3

BrisVegas
11th April 2007, 08:31 AM
you and me both Andy. I played 9 on Monday morning. Think I had 2 pars... Was due for a slump, have been playing alright for a while now.

Not looking forward to McLeod at all...

Eag's
11th April 2007, 08:36 AM
One bad round dosen't qualify as a slump guys, wait until you
rack up 14 or 15 crap rounds then you are in a slump :oops:

markTHEblake
11th April 2007, 08:37 AM
when you get to 20, its called a Golfer69

AndyP
11th April 2007, 08:42 AM
One bad round dosen't qualify as a slump guys, wait until you
rack up 14 or 15 crap rounds then you are in a slump :oops:
Three rounds that have been poor, and a couple before that had ordinary patches.

14 or 15 rounds isn't a slump. It's just shit golf. :razz:

andylo
11th April 2007, 08:48 AM
shit golf?! What the hell I played over the weekend AP?! Discard the result and I think the game a played over the easter will makes everyone vomit!

At least I sort out the cause and in the progress fixing it!

BrisVegas
11th April 2007, 08:51 AM
ok, i take it back. Compared to the Sunshine Coast Boys, I shot the lights out.

andylo
11th April 2007, 08:53 AM
Dion I am sure no matter how bad you declared yourself play the ball still goes higher than 5 meters, err?

Walter Hagen said 3 bad shots and 1 good shot still make a par! I actually make it to a whole new level!! :lol:

(read as: 4 bad shots but 1 of them is a fluke, you can still make par)

Eag's
11th April 2007, 08:55 AM
shit golf?! What the hell I played over the weekend AP?! Discard the result and I think the game a played over the easter will makes everyone vomit!

At least I sort out the cause and in the progress fixing it!

Umm Andylo, I think Andy was refering to my shit golf :roll:

Courty
11th April 2007, 09:04 AM
You wanna read about a slump? Check out my golflink. As ofyesterday, I'm officially back out to 9. :roll:

BrisVegas
11th April 2007, 09:12 AM
This actually raises a good point. At what stage does a form slump become more a case of a player needing a new handicap?

I've always felt the Aussie hcap system does NOT accurately reflect the current ability of a player who's not playing well. It can take years to drift out to a number that is appropriate. I should know. Between 2003 and 2006 I drifted out around 4 shots until I finally got a hcap I could play to.

I'm sure there are plenty of other ozgolfers who would be in a similar boat.

Courty
11th April 2007, 09:20 AM

:smt006

mikezone13
11th April 2007, 09:21 AM
This actually raises a good point. At what stage does a form slump become more a case of a player needing a new handicap?

I've always felt the Aussie hcap system does NOT accurately reflect the current ability of a player who's not playing well. It can take years to drift out to a number that is appropriate. I should know. Between 2003 and 2006 I drifted out around 4 shots until I finally got a hcap I could play to.

Agree there should be the opportunity to go out .2 if more than 6 shots above handicap and .3 if more than 10-12 shots above handicap

markTHEblake
11th April 2007, 09:24 AM
I just played under my handicap for the first time in 9 months. Not quite a record, but thats a lot of bad golf in between drinks.

I like the Aussie handicap system. Under the yankee version I could play every day for a month (not even in a comp) and get a totally new handicap.

Eag's
11th April 2007, 09:27 AM
Very true Dion, I really should be playing of something like 15 or 16.
At my best I got down to as low as 7 (I was a lot younger then) but
these days there is no way I could play to that level, I am having enough
trouble playing to 13 :smt087

I have to forget about how I used to be able to play and
accept the fact I am going to hit a lot more crappy shots then I used to.

andylo
11th April 2007, 09:30 AM
Question: Why not join a Robina Mega member thingy and get yourself a new handicap instead? I am NOT trying to do it but I just thought there're still lots of work around?

mikezone13
11th April 2007, 09:32 AM
I have to forget about how I used to be able to play and
accept the fact I am going to hit a lot more crappy shots then I used to.

That is one of the biggest problems with amateur golfers (especially me)who now have things in our life outside of golf like wives, girlfriends, kids, work committments, mortgages to pay, other sports to play, pubs to visit etc.

The mind needs to be retrained to realise that we have time limitations now that we didn't have previously and that our 'potential ability' is not a fixed level for our entire lifetime, it changes based on our situations external to golf.

The big aim is to idenitfy your 'current potential' in realistic terms based on your external activties and responsibilities and set goals based aroudn that.

BrisVegas
11th April 2007, 09:42 AM
I just played under my handicap for the first time in 9 months. Not quite a record, but thats a lot of bad golf in between drinks.

I like the Aussie handicap system. Under the yankee version I could play every day for a month (not even in a comp) and get a totally new handicap.

under the american system (best 10 of last 20), you'd be off 6.2. (not far off your actual 5.5). You're not playing badly at all, you're thereabouts most of the time.

markTHEblake
11th April 2007, 09:52 AM
Question: Why not join a Robina Mega member thingy and get yourself a new handicap instead? I am NOT trying to do it but I just thought there're still lots of work around?

NO, thats 'illegal'. When you join a new golf club you bring your old handicap with you. you cant get a new handicap until your old one has lapsed - and then 12 months has passed, so thats like almost 2 years no golf. And even then the honesty/common sense system should be used. eg I quit for 4 years, handed in 5 cards, and they gave me my old handicap back. It would have been really wrong for me to fudge a handicap of 17 for example.

Although there is nothing stopping someone joining Robina and saying that they dont have a handicap. However when the person is caught they will be hung drawn and quartered. Its not too hard for people to get found out

1. they obviously play better than their handicap
2. people talk, sooner or later someone will work out where he is from
3. one phone call and then lynch mob time
4. and with golf link we have everyones name bit easier again.

andylo
11th April 2007, 10:08 AM
Okay, in this case, how about get the club's handicapper to review the issue, as you suggested in chatroom?

markTHEblake
11th April 2007, 10:15 AM
Yep, that will work. When he stops laughing at you, he might grant this on grounds of mental incapacity.

ie. you can only do this for serious medical reasons, like you lost a leg or two.

Jarro
11th April 2007, 11:38 AM
Played the first round of our midweek champs today ... the course was in great shape and they had it playing at about the longest it could get, with almost all the tees/pins back as far as they could be :shock:

I had the great round i've been waiting quite a while for :roll: Everything seemed to go my way today, except for a 3 putt on the 3rd hole :oops:
I ended up shooting even par off the stick on the front nine, then 4 over on the back nine to give myself a toal of 75 :mrgreen: (nett 62)

30 putts
7 fwys
10 G.I.R's
5/8 up&downs

I was most impressed with the new irons, they were just mint today .... i couldn't hit a bad shot with them 8)

Looks like i'll have to get next wednesday off work now so i can play in the second and final round ;)

Eag's
11th April 2007, 11:42 AM
Played the first round of our midweek champs today ... the course was in great shape and they had it playing at about the longest it could get, with almost all the tees/pins back as far as they could be :shock:

I had the great round i've been waiting quite a while for :roll: Everything seemed to go my way today, except for a 3 putt on the 3rd hole :oops:
I ended up shooting even par off the stick on the front nine, then 4 over on the back nine to give myself a toal of 75 :mrgreen: (nett 62)

30 putts
7 fwys
10 G.I.R's
5/8 up&downs

I was most impressed with the new irons, they were just mint today .... i couldn't hit a bad shot with them 8)

Looks like i'll have to get next wednesday off work now so i can play in the second and final round ;)

Great round mate, I knew you were due for a good one :smt023 :smt038

mikezone13
11th April 2007, 11:46 AM

30 putts
7 fwys
10 G.I.R's
5/8 up&downs

Very solid numbers, what's your thoughts on the CCR? Time for a BIG hcap drop by the looks of thinks.

BrisVegas
11th April 2007, 11:52 AM
great stuff jarro! Don't thank the equipment. It was all you.

Jarro
11th April 2007, 11:53 AM
Great round mate, I knew you were due for a good one :smt023 :smt038

thanks mate. I was talking to Shazza in the chatroom last night and i mentioned to her that i was determined to go out and have fun and not worry about my game at all. Well i did that today and it seemed to really help me keep things under control.

Very solid numbers, what's your thoughts on the CCR? Time for a BIG hcap drop by the looks of thinks.

Probably around 70/71 i'd say mate .... it was set up a bit tougher than normal that's for sure.

PeteyD
11th April 2007, 11:57 AM
Nice shooting Mark!!

AndyP
11th April 2007, 11:58 AM
Great scoring, jarro. Don't choke next week, and remember to have fun again.

Courty
11th April 2007, 12:04 PM
Great stuff Jarro. See what a bit of Hoing can achieve! ;) :twisted:

Jarro
11th April 2007, 12:07 PM
Nice shooting Mark!!

thanks mate :)

Great scoring, jarro. Don't choke next week, and remember to have fun again.

thanks mate :)

Great stuff Jarro. See what a bit of Hoing can achieve! ;) :twisted:

:roll: :razz:

3oneday
11th April 2007, 02:05 PM
I was most impressed with the new irons, they were just mint today .... i couldn't hit a bad shot with them 8)what's Perci buying now ;););)

Well played, and might I say thank GOD FOR THAT !!!!

so.... I hear the G2 is on the way out ?? True story ???

markTHEblake
11th April 2007, 02:12 PM

Burglar. :smt038

btw your stats dont add up, should have had a Par round, had a few Harry Butlers hey?

perci
12th April 2007, 09:25 AM
Well done Jarro,winner of division one by two shots,sixty Clams in trophy account and a good shot at the title.

Virgal_Tracy
12th April 2007, 10:11 AM
Just checked my golflink and what do you know, I won the comp at Bathurst (home course) on Sunday the 1st with a net 62. I played to 9 from a handicap of 18. Nearly broke 80 for the first time. reduced handicap to 15.4 Lowest ever:smt023

Only downside was that I was losing a soccer game at Wetherill Park ( Sydney) at the same time. Someone has made a mistake. :smt089

Wonder if the club has got the voucher in my name.

Would really love to claim this but will need all the shots I can get when I play Coffs in our matchplay.

Official handicap 18 unless those that wield the power want me to play from 15

Grunt
12th April 2007, 10:30 AM
Have you rung the club? Vince, if they cant fix it the guys at golflink should be able too.

Flowergirl
12th April 2007, 03:41 PM
Played yesterday - stableford for a lousy 29 points. Sounds silly - but I really didn't feel like I played that bad. I played with the lowest handicapper girl in our club - off 11. Nice player - not a big hitter - but makes few errors. She shot a new course record for women - 77. Broke down to 9.

Today was pennant at Mornington. Great course - if I play well there I know I'm doing something right. Was down 2 after 3 - got back to square at the turn - lost the next, then a win, then a loss , then a win blah blah to end up 1 up at the end. Played the par 5's great - parred them all and was very happy with my putting and chipping. Played a beautiful flop shot onto an elevated green next to the pin to square a hole that I was sure was a loss- 2 shots in the trees:oops:
The team won 4 1/2 - 2 1/2. Yeah. :smt038 And that team had won 7 zip last week ( against the bottom team)

Next week we play at The National - can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flowergirl
12th April 2007, 04:13 PM
By the way - great golf there from Jarro and Virgal.:smt038

goughy
12th April 2007, 06:28 PM
By the way - great golf there from Jarro and Virgal.:smt038

And imagine how low virgil could shoot if he actually turned up to play! :mrgreen:

PeteyD
13th April 2007, 05:43 PM
Worst Game Ever. Pathetic at Pacific for 16 points. Hopefully all my crap golf was expended today and I will play ok tomorrow. Aaahh well, goes like that sometimes.

Grunt
13th April 2007, 06:04 PM
Don't worry Pete I was playing crap too 108 gross 91 nett at Newcastle today. Was a Tiger tee day and I failed to play like Tiger. In fact I think a newborn cub may have played it better.

mikezone13
13th April 2007, 06:33 PM
Don't worry Pete I was playing crap too 108 gross 91 nett at Newcastle today. Was a Tiger tee day and I failed to play like Tiger. In fact I think a newborn cub may have played it better.

Not an easy day there for anyone, 97 gross 83 nett for me... driver got me in lots of trouble.

AndyP
13th April 2007, 09:11 PM
Worst Game Ever. Pathetic at Pacific for 16 points. Hopefully all my crap golf was expended today and I will play ok tomorrow. Aaahh well, goes like that sometimes.
Pete, that's really crap. Sometimes you guys make me feel proud of my 17pts at Brookwater.

PeteyD
14th April 2007, 03:45 AM
Thanks Andy. but it was not all bad. I left 5 putts within 1" of the hole. I had a chip hit a twig attached to a largish twig, only to have the ball bounce off at 45 * down hill and bounce into the cart that someone had thoughtfully parked there (bugga), and that kinda set the tone for the back nine. If there was water out of site I hit into it. Sometimes you just play crap I guess.

BrisVegas
14th April 2007, 01:57 PM

Grunt
14th April 2007, 02:04 PM
Played in a 4 man ambrose today at Macarthur Grange. Did not enjoy it at all. Not a fan of ambrose format, especially when you have an A grade partner that does not think of the shots for the B/C graders in the group when selecting shots to play. More than 3 or 4 times we selected shots to be played from rough in tough positions rather than play a ball from the middle of the fairway only maybe 10m further back.

Am I wrong in thinking a shot from 110m in the middle of the fairway for a b/c grader would be easier than one from 90m & in the rough?

Moe Norman
14th April 2007, 02:08 PM
Well my first game since mid January today with the boys at McLeod Cup.

Started off ok, just took it easy with the swing and hit mainly 3 woods.

Had 37 front and 46 back, just one bad stretch of holes hurt me. I doubled the second (our 11th) with a 4 putt after putting very well until that point. Then doubled the third (our 12th) after getting a bit aggressive on a downhill lie and cold topping my hybrid into the piss. That only put me 6 over for the day, but then I followed up with a perfect drive down 4 (our 13th) before knocking a punched 8 iron OB way left - I'm still not sure what happened there, but I ended up with a triple!

Stats

4/13 Fairways
10/18 Greens
35 Putts - I felt I putted ok, the 4 putt didn't help and I missed a ton of medium length birdie chances early.
3/5 Up & Downs - this pleased me.

83 Gross - 77 Nett

If not for the brainfarts, could have been ok - happy with it for my first game in 3 months though. Hit it pretty solid with an abbreviated swing, just need to turn the doubles and triples into bogeys :(

Congrats to A-lo on the likely third ozGolf McLeod cup winner in 4 years!

Moe Norman
14th April 2007, 02:09 PM
Am I wrong in thinking a shot from 110m in the middle of the fairway for a b/c grader would be easier than one from 90m & in the rough? Woould be easier for the A grader too, sounds like he is on drugs.

Grunt
14th April 2007, 02:13 PM
Thanks Moe, I thought he was just being a little ****ed and trying to make sure he could play the shot himself rather than the team. Funny thing was that us b/c graders got our shots closer in every instance. Just were not close enough, we finished with 55.5 or 14.5 under par nett. Not enough to win though, when I left the club scores were getting down into the low 50's.

PeteyD
14th April 2007, 03:51 PM
McLeod cup like heaps of others today. Much improved over yesterday with a 98/72 on a course I had never played before. Few silly shots and a couple of putts left close to the hole, but a lot happier with my golf today. 36 Putts, 5 fairways.

Matt 3 Jab
14th April 2007, 03:55 PM
Played 4B ambrose today, hit it really well, team shot -8 off the stick, which for a 7, 12, 24 and 25 handicaps was pretty good, alot of putts left out there too.

Glad to be back out there.

Jarro
14th April 2007, 04:14 PM
84 (nett 73) today at McLeod with the crew.

Thanks to my playing partners billybaub, Moe and Andreas for a totally enjoyable day (Moe hardly spoke any arkyspeak all day)

My stats were :
8 fairways
6 G.I.R's
30 putts
2/11 up&downs :oops:

Drove the ball pretty well all day today, just had a few issues with shot selection close to the greens .... mainly club selections actually :roll: Got a bad break on our 9th hole (18) where my tee shot ended up embedded just under the grass in the face of the bunker :mad: resulting in a nasty triple-bogey 6 (that hurt)

All in all not too unhappy with the way i played, just need to keep focused and not wander off like i do at times :roll:

Courty
14th April 2007, 04:15 PM
Played average for 33 pts. Couldn't find the groove that I had the driver in last week, but I suspect I may have solved my putting issues.

Fishman Dan
14th April 2007, 04:48 PM
Had nett 6-under today in our belated medal, to come 3rd! :shock: Strange thing is CCR was even.

Highlight was +1 on the back 9 with 1 birdie and 2 bogeys. The birdie was a lip-out eagle. The sand-save from a fried egg on 17 was a sign something was working for me.

Slugged another 1.8 - down to 13.3 now and A-Reserve! :p

Oh, the new driver was spectacular too!

Grunt
14th April 2007, 05:17 PM
Well Played Dan, Pete & Jarro

Moe Norman
14th April 2007, 05:59 PM
thanks grunt

PeteyD
14th April 2007, 06:00 PM
Nice effort back from your injury Moe.

mikezone13
14th April 2007, 06:08 PM
thanks grunt

Well done Moe, champion effort that ;)

Moe Norman
14th April 2007, 06:52 PM
i love you guys.

Eag's
14th April 2007, 07:25 PM
Nice shooting with a crook back Moe :smt023

BrisWesty
14th April 2007, 08:45 PM
84/71 at McLeod Cup - Happy!

AndyP
15th April 2007, 08:25 AM
14/04/07, McLeod Cup & OZgolf Matchplay

Score 39-50-89 nett 78 (Par 34-37-71 CCR 69)

I was keeping my stats for the round, but once the matchplay component took over, they lost value, as I played some shots that I wouldn't do in a normal stroke round.

That said, of the 16 'live' holes in the match, I missed only one fairway, hit 9 greens and had 10 pars. I'm pretty bloody happy with.
Once the match finished, I missed everything and had a 10 on the last. :roll:
To me it felt more like a sub-80 round. For the first time in ages, I did up a little course plan for myself beforehand, and stuck to my conservative plan. This allowed me to play more confidentally, and leave my poor golfing Easter weekend behind me.

Next round: Nothing planned. Maybe not until Labour Day weekend.

Pinglauncher
15th April 2007, 08:57 AM
Well my 3 week break seems to have helped both the mental and physical aspects as I worked hard on my fitness during the break.

Played last Monday for 33 points which does not sound much but I finished with 1 point in the last 3 holes and had 3 wipes and 2 one pointers all due to some sloppy short game around the green with lost touch. Overall was pretty happy with the way I hit the ball.

Played yesterday for 41 points with a couple of lip outs on the back. Got up and down when I had to and generally just kept the ball in play all day.

May have a layoff more often.

goughy
15th April 2007, 11:37 AM
Move along, nothing to see in this post!!!!

about 94, played to 10 over my hc, and just to prove AP has got my game figured I played the last 3 holes 9 over par. 1 fir, 2 gir and 34 putts. Freshly cored and sanded but still putted like shite.

How to start a round - 2i off tee stuck in branches of tree, take unplayable, hit a punch 5i under another bushy tree left of the green. Under the tree hit a 7i (holding it half way up the shaft) onto the green and sink the putt for a bogey 5. I'm at a loss!! :(

Grunt
15th April 2007, 06:33 PM
Another round that could have been better if I could get off the tee:oops:. Did not hit a good tee shot all day. Even the reasonably good shots found something to make it difficult, rough, bunkers etc:?. Putted ok, chipped well again:). The few bunkers I was in I hit it ok too, on the last hole today too well:cry:.

I will not let this beat me, the bloody brain tumor couldn't so neither will golf.

Will play somewhere on Tuesday, I know the good game is only a little bit away.

shazza_rs
15th April 2007, 06:40 PM
Played at reddy bay today in a stableford round....

had 16 points... ouch!

although the score wasn't really indicative of the my 'real' score.... i stopped playing on about 5/6 holes when i was still in for a chance of 1 or 2 points.

Just didn't have any interest in playing today...... thems the breaks i guess.

jimandr
15th April 2007, 08:55 PM
32 points at Kooindah Waters with the Oz Golfers. As I've described in the Kooindah thread, I played two awful holes for wipes, and I had 4 three putts on greens much, much quicker than the slow, recently sanded greens at home. Apart from that, I played quite well, with good driving and good short irons that I couldn't get to stop on the hard and fast greens.

Fairways = 9 of 13
Greens in reg = 10 of 18
Putts = 36, 4 3putts, zero birdies
Up & Down = 3 of 6
Sand Saves = 1 of 1

Coffs_Hacker
15th April 2007, 11:24 PM
Monthly mug sat, par 70 Had a 44-40-84/72. played nice except for a bad patch in the middle double,single,double,single,double

andylo
16th April 2007, 07:53 AM
Nett 63 at Mcleod as seen in the thread. Very, very ugly golf with a result is well NOT deserve.

I dunno what happen about the tee shot! I actually feel much more confident off the deck than tee?!?!?!! Thats bizzard.... :roll:

Been working very hard on my game on the last 6 weeks or so.... going thru a complete swing change to rid of the club too behind the body habbit. Spend shit loads of time around the practice green, chipping and putting (which is the ONLY thing produce a rather presentable result on both Headland and McLeod)

But to be honest... I feel soooooooooo golfing out! My body physically feel so tired. :(

But I still went to range yester-morning, play a round in Indoorpilly then have another post round range session before the sun goes down.

The round in Indoorpilly.... was a much, much more enjoyable round! (Like the round about Headland in Nudgee)... its not competition round, just with a few mate and paying a rather expensive social rate. But the company is awesome and we have sooooo much "muligan" <- spelling?.... about 8 per person per hole? :lol:

At the end we both shot some good number "on the card" (all in high 70s or something), with lots and lots of laugh (I haven't been hitting a hugh banana right for sooo long... its fun, especially the part we SCREAMED FORE!!). These are the rounds keep reminding me how enjoyable golf could be, and keep bring me back into the game with a big smile :D

I won't be playing very serious golf for at least a couple of week, but I will keep practicing regradless. :D

andylo
16th April 2007, 08:10 AM
1 thing I like to mention....

I had a look at Justin's card and he actually have 3 birdies! To me its already hard enough to get a par and birdie is almost like mission impossible. I guess for some players in the board getting a birdie is like a essential thing happen once or twice every round.... but I still don't feel that I have the quality to do as such.

When my new swing getting more solid I would like to talk to my coach and see what I can do to make me get more birdies. At least 2 in a round would be awesome.

Grunt
16th April 2007, 08:12 AM
So you going to the full burglar routine Alo. Play comp once or twice a month;), but actually play 30 rounds a month.

Fishman Dan
16th April 2007, 08:19 AM
So you going to the full burglar routine Alo. Play comp once or twice a month;), but actually play 30 rounds a month.

:smt038 :smt023

It's all in the ........................

............ timing!

andylo
16th April 2007, 08:19 AM
About to cash in some after all the efforts (and HOing) ;)

Nah.. not that. My mind and body just a little tired. Playing seriously requires lots of concertration and gotta be very prepared (course info. and physically)

What I mean is just to go out have a lash with the driver (in comp rounds) without worry about course management etc and if I got my handicap down, good, if not, whatever.

But ultimate goal is always and always to get the handicap down ASAP.

markTHEblake
16th April 2007, 12:13 PM
Final Round of Div 1 Pennants yesterday.
[Rule #1 in golf - dont give up]

Last week was our mini final, last v last playing off for the wooden spoon (and relegation), which was pretty much sealed by my screw up on the last hole (i think my worst moment in golf ever)

Anyway yesterday we played the Top side who was undefeated (CTH), who are a very powerful side (which is why last week was so important) Nobody on that team would have been on more than 2 hcap, and nobody would have given us a much of a chance of winning more than 1 match.

Most matches were not close, in the end we were 3 all, and the final match going down the 19th - our no 5. Our bloke was in trouble in the 20th and had to lay up. It came down to putts from 20 ft and 8ft, and our bloke holed his 20 footer.

Fair Dinkum it was like that Justin Leonard Ryder Cup (Valderama) moment all over again, and when the CTH guy missed his putt it was bigger than a World Cup soccor goal, there was more hugging and tears than I care to admit.

I'd have to say that this was better than winning Div 2 a few years back - as we really are passionate about staying in Div 1, and thats pretty good for a team that has to play a chopper 6 marker at #6.

As for me i lost 2/1, not so cut up about that as i was 4 down after 6 and he had a 1ft birdie putt on 7, and I admit i didnt feel too good at the time. I got it back to 1 down after 4 birdies in 5 holes but too much for me in the end, unfortunately just a few chips really let me down badly.

I made the decision last week to officially retire this year as its much too tough for me at this level (too old). Stuff that, I am in for next year - I want more of this!

Flowergirl
16th April 2007, 01:15 PM
Great report Blakey. Well done to you and the team. :mrgreen:

Grunt
16th April 2007, 03:41 PM
MTB, sounds exactly like the reason why I want to do it again this year, Not sure but I think I will struggle this year to get in the side though. Will be B grade this year and being at the wrong end of the handicap scale will mean i may get a run at reserve at best.

BrisWesty
17th April 2007, 04:37 PM
Had a hit & jog around the back 9 at Caboolture after work. 39 off the stick (par 35) with a double bogey 5 and triple bogey 8 thrown in for good measure.

Jarro
17th April 2007, 05:13 PM
Had a hit & jog around the back 9 at Caboolture after work. 39 off the stick (par 35) with a double bogey 5 and triple bogey 8 thrown in for good measure.

How dry is the course Mark ??

A couple of mates and I are planning a hit there sometime soon.

just
17th April 2007, 08:08 PM
I wasn't going to post here but I started last week so why not keep going. McLeod GC Saturday 14th- a million shots. Driving and and irons were going ok, shotgame and putting were non-existent.
I think 4 holes typified the kind of day I was having:
*No. 10 Par 5 on the green in 4 then 4 putted for an 8.
*No. 11 Par 4 15 m to the left of the green in 2 then proceed to knife pitch shots over the green 3 times, onto the green on the fourth attempt and then 3 putt for a nine
*No. 6 Par 3 Nice tee shot to the fringe of the green 4 metres from hole, proceed to 4 putt for a double bogey 5.
*No.7 Par 5 Nice tee shot just short of water crossing fairway, nice second shot to 30 metres short of green, all set for a nice pitch onto green and then two putt for par or 3 putt for bogey, proceed to knife pitch over green over the back and into water, then take a few chip attempts and a couple of putts for a 9.

When there was no short game involved, and the putter wasn't betraying me, I had bogeys, two pars (14th and 3rd) and a birdie (4th).

My next lesson (already booked) is the short game!!!!

BrisWesty
17th April 2007, 09:57 PM
How dry is the course Mark ??

A couple of mates and I are planning a hit there sometime soon.

Surprisingly good. Fairways are still pretty green, certainly several shades greener than McLeod.