PDA

View Full Version : Scotty's Gooorrrnnee....

Iain
13th September 2004, 06:20 PM
Well, I have let my mate from work borrow my Studio Stainless Newport 2 Scotty Cameron (Gee that's a mouthful) to see how he likes it. As since I got the Bobby Grace MOI 6.4K Centreshaft the Scotty hasn't even had a look in.

This thing is amazing on putt's from under 2m, it's are almost automatic. I'm not sure whether it is the Centreshaft or the mallet style head but it is just so easy to keep it on line with a smooth stroke.

The Feel is just as soft as the Scotty, and because I'm putting a smoother roll on the ball, distance control is a piece of cake

I had 11 putts today for 9 holes, which is all that needs to be said really. :wink:

Iain

Jarro
13th September 2004, 06:30 PM
don't sell the Scotty mate ... it might just find it's way back into your bag :wink:

Good to hear the BG is working for you, but it might just be a case of "The Honeymoon Period"

Iain
13th September 2004, 06:33 PM
don't sell the Scotty mate ... it might just find it's way back into your bag :wink:

Good to hear the BG is working for you, but it might just be a case of "The Honeymoon Period"
I think I've had it too long for it to be that? But it's not sold yet, my mate is just using it to see what he thinks of it. :wink:

Ducky
13th September 2004, 06:35 PM
Looks interesting, but too much advertising on it for me to enjoy it.

:?

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

amanda
14th September 2004, 08:18 AM
Iain - what insert have you got in it - the copper coloured one or the red HSM?

jaster
14th September 2004, 12:33 PM
Amanda - he lists the model as 6.4K so this tells me it is the Mac model with the BeCu insert.

Iain
14th September 2004, 05:01 PM
Iain - what insert have you got in it - the copper coloured one or the red HSM?

Amanda - he lists the model as 6.4K so this tells me it is the Mac model with the BeCu insert.

Amanda, Jaster is right (for once :P ) It is the MacGregor, with the copper insert. I find it just as soft as the Scotty, and distance control is not a problem, as I have heard was a problem with the original Red inserts.

Iain

McMw
14th September 2004, 05:10 PM
I thought the original red ones were better!?!?!?

Iain
14th September 2004, 05:22 PM
From all I heard, I thought the red ones were a bit soft and inconsistent, so hard to gauge distance??

amanda
15th September 2004, 08:11 AM
From all I heard, I thought the red ones were a bit soft and inconsistent, so hard to gauge distance??
I'm using a red insert (HSM - Hole Seeking Material) - I think that the feel is a lot better on longer putts than the BeCu insert that comes standard these days - but that's just me - the insert feels so soft (especially on short putts) - but somehow still solid on longer putts.

prmeier
15th September 2004, 12:24 PM

Jaster, if you quoted this from memory then you have way too much spare time. :D You need to take up a hobby. 8)

jaster
15th September 2004, 07:26 PM
It is my hobby ;)