PDA

View Full Version : Shell Houston Open

Jarro
2nd April 2007, 08:22 AM
Congrats to Adam Scott for winning this tourny today :smt038

He won by 2 shots over Stuart Appleby after a pretty scrappy final hole where all 3 players in the group ( Scott, Apples and Maggert) all found the water :shock:

Scott hit it in the piss off the tee but managed to make par after hitting it to 48 feet and draining the putt. Appleby found the fairway bunker off the tee and tried for the miracle approach to give himself an easy birdie putt, but hit it in the piss as well :roll:

PeteyD
2nd April 2007, 08:31 AM
Nice leadup to next weekend for both of them

Jarro
2nd April 2007, 08:37 AM
Scott was putting extremely well, Apples was putting like crap :(

Eag's
2nd April 2007, 08:59 AM
The Aussies have been all over the leader boards in the last few
PGA Tour stops, great to see :)

BrisVegas
2nd April 2007, 09:10 AM
Goes to show what Adam Scott is capable of when his putter is working. Wasn't it 2002 when he broke the European Tour scoring record and winning margin (10 shots) at the Scottish PGA. And he closed with a nice 63 on Sunday.

Wouldn't it be nice to see him do that next Sunday at Au.... Nope, I won't say it.... I'll just think it.

Moe Norman
2nd April 2007, 09:16 AM
Not sure what you mean by 'putting well' - he played sensational and won the tournament.

But he still averaged 30 putts !

Wonder how many other players out there can win a tourny by 3 averaging 30 putts? :o

3oneday
2nd April 2007, 09:19 AM
Wonder how many other players out there can win a tourny by 3 averaging 30 putts? :oCalc averaged 26 putts when he won the other week I think ? Obviously Scott hit a hell of a lot of greens !

BrisVegas
2nd April 2007, 09:50 AM
Not sure what you mean by 'putting well' - he played sensational and won the tournament.

But he still averaged 30 putts !

Wonder how many other players out there can win a tourny by 3 averaging 30 putts? :o

By his standards! Obviously, he's a flusher. Perhaps he never learned to scramble like most of the other guys because he hits too many GIR. :o

FWIW - He averaged 29 putts in 2002 when he was on a "hot streak" with the putter!

kpac
2nd April 2007, 10:31 AM
He's a freak, hit general game is pretty much pure, i'm hoping his around the green and on green game can improve with age. Kick him home for a major!!

Fishman Dan
2nd April 2007, 11:01 AM
Not sure if Appleby was aiming at the pin for his 2nd - he didn't need to! He needed a par to (presumably at the time) force a playoff. I think he just out-thought himself and hit a terrible shot from the trap. Not a tough trap shot either, sitting fine, stance normal.

Wouldn't have mattered after Scott's monster par-saver anyway!

Flowergirl
2nd April 2007, 11:14 AM
That was a mighty putt!!!!!!! What a way to win. I think Appleby said a rude word or two when his shot went in the drink. Good to see even the pros stuff up now and then when the nerves get to them.
Well done Scotty!!! Bring on next week.

Fishman Dan
2nd April 2007, 11:29 AM
FG - I agree, but when our ball goes in the water, it costs us $3.50. When Appleby dunked his, it cost $350k! :shock:

Moe Norman
2nd April 2007, 11:56 AM
the Putt didn't win anything, it just decided the margin.

pt73
2nd April 2007, 12:41 PM
Stewie dropped the magic word right after he hit it in the drink on 18, so he'll get a fine from the PGA Tour for that plus Bubba birdied the last to finish equal second so that was one very costly shot.

PT