PDA

View Full Version : Cobra Speed Pro Drivers

Falcon
30th March 2007, 06:26 PM
Guys,

I've been tracking these drivers on BSG and WRX for a while. Just wondering if anyone has had any exprience with these bad boys.

They look so sweet from what i've seen.

Cheers

McMw
1st April 2007, 10:55 PM
would love to try the X one of this days...looks great...

my 454 comp was a great driver, but the shaft (prolite elite) broke at the hosel, and the current shaft I have in it sux...waiting for a PF to see if it'll make a difference...

Rusty
3rd April 2007, 04:13 PM
yeah, tried a few at last months demo night at Vic Park. quite liked them. me, i'm an M speed kinda guy, maybe a borderline F. hit both the 12.5° M (non-offset) 55g Reg shaft, and 9° F Reg shaft. tried all sorts of whacky swings and seemed hard to put the big fade/slice on the them, which is what interests me, + a little bit more distance to not make those 400-410m par 4's so darn hard. sounded a bit Sumo Squarish, but definitely didn't ear plugs. M flew maybe a tad high, but without ballooning, F flew well, maybe a tad low. could tee down the M a little bit. now, would like to get em on the launch monitor to see what's really happening.

Speirsy11
4th April 2007, 10:05 PM
I hit the Pro D today on the Launch Monitor and on course, 9.5* VS-Proto S stock standard........

Launch Numbers:

119mph ss
177 Ball Speed
13.5* Launch
2375 spin rate

Thats right folks, WAY better numbers than any other driver I've ever hit. Stock standard retail club straight off the rack and it goes miles. To add insult to injury (financial at least) it also goes very straight. I've conned my way into a 2 week demo with one so we'll see how it goes on course for an extnded period but the simple truth is if it stas performing at the level it did today I will be selling the SuperQuad and buying a Pro D.

I think I'm going to be sick.........Why didn't I just try this driver 5 clubs and $4000 ago......

BrisVegas
4th April 2007, 10:17 PM
The VS Proto in stiff was enough for you? I'd have guessed an X would fit better.

Speirsy11
4th April 2007, 10:20 PM
The VS Proto in stiff was enough for you? I'd have guessed an X would fit better.

Me too but I don't want to order an X when I hit the S like this......I've never been one to load a shaft really hard so I've been able to get away with softer shafts as long as they have a stable tip but this is much softer than I'm used to.....All I know is that it didn't feel that soft and I was killing it......I might have them check it on the frequency machine tomorrow......

Courty
5th April 2007, 08:15 AM
I will be selling the SuperQuad

:smt039

Jarro
5th April 2007, 08:59 AM

:roll:

Speirsy11
5th April 2007, 10:27 AM

Give me a week.......I hit it again this morning.....

Just goes to show you can't discount any manufacturer based on previous gear.......I would not have thought any driver would give me better numbers than the SuperQuad; I'm really happy with it but I can't ignore the results with the Cobra.....

3oneday
5th April 2007, 10:39 AM
I can't ignore the results with the Cobra.....earplugs required ?

Speirsy11
5th April 2007, 10:50 AM
earplugs required ?

Not really with the Pro D.......with the LD series you'll need them though....

Coffs_Hacker
6th April 2007, 01:03 AM
Whats the diff between the xspeed and the xspeed pro. Is the pro just the latest version?

Falcon
8th April 2007, 06:13 PM
Yeah, the Pro series also have neutral to open face angles.

I need to test me one!

Jono
9th April 2007, 11:52 AM
I tried the Pro S (shallow face) 9.5 degree with stiff Fuji Speeder over the weekend. The shaft felt a bit too stiff for me and I prefer a deeper faced driver. Might give the Pro D a go when I can get my hands on one.

Speirsy11
10th April 2007, 11:24 AM
Been on course with the Pro D for 3 rounds......Review posted here.....

http://www.ozgolf.net/modules.php?name=Reviews&file=viewarticle&id=16