PDA

View Full Version : Making my new grips tacky

shazza_rs
30th March 2007, 05:31 PM
Hey guys,

I'm sure this has been covered before but i couldn't be arsed going back through the crap search function.

My new ping grips feel slippery.

What is the easiest way to make them tacky.

Soapy water/light sandpaper/scourer????

Jarro
30th March 2007, 05:35 PM
Soapy water Shazza.

I'l come over and show you while pete's away ;)

AndyP
30th March 2007, 05:37 PM
I'm sure this has been covered before but i couldn't be arsed going back through the crap search function.
We're no google that's for sure........

shazza_rs
30th March 2007, 05:37 PM
Thanks jarro ;)

PS.... Pete is back .....

Webster
30th March 2007, 05:54 PM
Shazza,

Get down to the supermarket and buy one of these:

http://www.arukikata.co.jp/mail/img/brush_01.jpg

Its called a Dish Matique, designed for washing dishes. It comes with a replacement scouring pad that fits on the end. The end of the grip has a twist cap on it which, once removed is filled with a mix of water and dsihwashing liquid (50/50 works fine). Scrub the grips and the liquid comes out through the scour pad and presto!, the grips will soon be clean and tacky.

I find the best results are achieved with a quick scrub and then leave the detergent to dry on the grip, then another quick scrub and a rinse under warm water, then left to dry.

After you have done your grips, you can then do Pete's clubs and then do the kitchen dishes as well. This is a great example of multi skilling in the home.

Good luck, Jack.

shazza_rs
30th March 2007, 06:00 PM
thanks jack...

i'm sure pete will be happy with this advice. His clubs might get cleaned for the first time.....

and i am a female so i don't need special gadgets to help me multi-task

;):)

Flowergirl
30th March 2007, 06:05 PM
I think it's very scary that Jack has an available picture of the "scrub o matic". Mm what does thta say about him.

Jarro
30th March 2007, 06:07 PM
FG, i'd say he's an old scrubba from way back ;)

Webster
30th March 2007, 06:12 PM
google pictures people....google pictures......

goughy
30th March 2007, 06:41 PM
Soapy water (sunlight soap), just stick your hand in the bucker and then rub over the grips. Dry it off with a towel and they are mint.

markTHEblake
30th March 2007, 08:31 PM
I think it's very scary that Jack has an available picture of the "scrub o matic". Mm what does thta say about him.

That part didnt bother me, but how come when i post the same bloody question only last week I only got one line from Jack, now he is giving pictures and household tips.

p.s. only 10 threads ago, no need to search, is on the same page :-)

Courty
30th March 2007, 10:25 PM
New grips? :p