PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 26th March

Coffs_Hacker
29th March 2007, 11:02 AM
Played Single Stab yesterday at Sawtell GC.

Roller coaster game for 34pts 1 wipe - 6x1pts, 6x3pts

Lots of trouble lately off the tee but playing the irons and putter really well to save my rnds.

Grunt
29th March 2007, 11:42 AM
Played @ Ashlar this morning
38 points, 16 front/22 back
7/12 Fairways
3 GIR
1 Birdie
6 pars
30 Putts

Finally got new swing set in the mind. Was great to be able to hit the ball again:) Back nine was only 5 over off the stick with 2 double bogies!

Courty
29th March 2007, 11:56 AM
Well done, Grunt

PeteyD
29th March 2007, 12:06 PM
Nice shooting grunt

mikezone13
29th March 2007, 12:08 PM
Played @ Ashlar this morning
38 points, 16 front/22 back
7/12 Fairways
3 GIR
1 Birdie
6 pars
30 Putts

Finally got new swing set in the mind. Was great to be able to hit the ball again:) Back nine was only 5 over off the stick with 2 double bogies!

Only 3 greens from nearly 60% of fairways? Work on those irons mate, those are the ones that put you in position to score well.

By looking at your stats it looks like your short game saved you (5 up and downs?? 4 for par, 1 for something else?).

Congrats on 38 pts, always good to break the hcap!

Fishman Dan
29th March 2007, 12:52 PM
Well done. It must have been that stint away from OzGolf that did the trick!!

shazza_rs
29th March 2007, 03:52 PM
congrats on the game grant... you hcp has dropped too 18.1 - 17.5

Grunt
29th March 2007, 04:05 PM
Came 4th Too :p

Flowergirl
29th March 2007, 04:53 PM
Well done Grant. :)

Played American Mixed Foursomes yesterday with my golf pro as my partner. Gee - he stuffed up nearly as much as me.;) I just tried to hard to show him how good I could play and played shocking. On the 17th I asked - what am I doing wrong!_ and he just smirks and says - "I've been waiting for you to ask" and told me to stop overswinging - just keep it to a 3/4 swing. So of course for the last two holes I hit the ball beautiful. He could have told me earlier:lol: We came in 3rd after parring the back nine after some great saves on the greens.

Pennant today. Not feeling too confident after last weeks dismal effort because of letting the nerves get the better of me. So - after reading my "Golf for Dummies" book - I realised that this dummy hadn't been sticking to her pre shot routine. Now the whole idea to having a pre shot routine is to get your mind and body into the groove and focused on the great shot ahead of you rather than walking up to the ball and thinking - oh crap - I hope I hit this well and that I don't lose the hole and that gee - she's playing well - and gee - what's happened to my swing - and why do I always give my opponent a head start - and how embrassing it will be when I have to tell everyone how badly I lost and blah blah blah blah all the other things that were going through my head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smt013

So - ( taking a breath) - today - line up correctly - have a practise swing - 3/4 swing- visualise the great shot I am going to play - and hit the ball. Nothing else. Today I won 6/4. :mrgreen: Played the best golf I've ever played. Well - for a while anyway.;) Long and straight. Played at The Dunes in pretty windy conditions and didn't have a double bogey.

Team won - even better.:mrgreen:

Bring on next week........I love pennant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( when i win)

Sorry for the long winded post................

Courty
29th March 2007, 05:07 PM
Great stuff Reenie! :smt038 :smt023

AndyP
29th March 2007, 05:23 PM
Well done, FG. I'm jealous of these courses you are playing regularly too.

Golf for Dummies? What happened to Dr. Bob? He says the same thing.

TS
29th March 2007, 06:54 PM
Well done Reenie. does this mean you are officially qualified as a dummy?

I played The Dunes few weeks ago, beautiful course.

Eag's
29th March 2007, 09:41 PM
Top stuff Reenie, sounds like things are on the improve :smt038

Flowergirl
30th March 2007, 09:35 AM
Thanks guys...............I loves youse all:mrgreen:

dc68
30th March 2007, 09:49 AM
Nice work. Keep it up!

Grunt
30th March 2007, 12:39 PM
Played at Camden Valley this morning and boy I should not have got out of bed. Had a solid 21 points:(.
Just had one of those starts where nothing goes your way. Had a solid 4 points on the front nine, 17 on the back. Front nine had been cored last week, I think I had 25+ putts on the front nine. after 3 putting the 1st 2 holes for 2 wipes I was trying to get it close to the pin every time. Pins were in tough positions so I had a heap of bunkers etc. I knew it was not going to be a good day when on the 3rd hole my ball went into the bunker and rolled up the face and nestled in the lip under the grass. 2 shots later it was still in the bunker just further under the lip.
Back nine was much better with a birdie and a par, very scratchy day but there were some positives. Guys I played with said I had handled myself well and thought I came back well to score well (better) on the back nine. They even said the 17 points on the back was without luck. Guess it was just one of those days where nothing comes off and the 50/50's go against you.
Will be back to Mac Grange in the morning to try again.

jimandr
30th March 2007, 05:58 PM
Told ya not to play there while the greens are being cored.

Grunt
30th March 2007, 06:27 PM
Totally forgot about it Jim. But yes I have learned from it all.

BrisVegas
31st March 2007, 12:22 PM
Monthly Medal today off the blacks.

80 gross (38+42) for 74 nett
9 fairways
6 GIR
26 putts

Played to CCR. Had an eagle on 17 in my 6 over back 9!

Eag's
31st March 2007, 12:25 PM
Wow Dion 26 putts :shock:
You have improved your socks off with the short stick :smt023

AndyP
31st March 2007, 12:31 PM
Had an eagle on 17 in my 6 over back 9!
Nice work! Tell us more. Two to the green, one putt OR did you hole an approach shot?

shazza_rs
31st March 2007, 12:34 PM
Saturday 31st March - Riverlakes
---------------------------------
Played a single stroke event.
Had 85/70 (42-43)(par is 72, ccr always 70).

9/13 Fairways
7/18 Greens
36 Putts (greens had been cored and sanded)

PeteyD
31st March 2007, 12:36 PM
Nice work Dion. Good to see the purple patch continuing

Grunt
31st March 2007, 01:13 PM
Played Macarthur Grange this morning, slow start but finished on fire wanted to keep playing. Holes played after the 6th hole, I was only 6 over off the stick. Played the back nine in 4 over. Was a great finish to a pretty good couple of days of golf. Had 49 in the 2BBB, hopefully that will be enough for a win.
38 points - 15 front 23 back
35 putts
5 fairways
6 GIR

No more golf till next Thursday.

BrisVegas
31st March 2007, 02:16 PM
Nice work! Tell us more. Two to the green, one putt OR did you hole an approach shot?

Drove it just past the right bunker and was 225 out. Slotted a 3 wood onto the middle of the green. Drained the 15 footer. Had been having a crappy back 9, so wasn't playing conservative by that stage. :) I've never eagled that hole before. In fact, I haven't been on in two from the tips before.

Grunt
31st March 2007, 02:55 PM
Well played Dion

Courty
31st March 2007, 04:53 PM
32 points today. Hit the long stuff well, but had no short game. :(
The new shafts are el primo!

oz
31st March 2007, 05:51 PM
Scrubby 31 points at Thurgoona. Hit the ball really solidly, but just couldn't keep it on line. Short game still only average, at best.

PeteyD
31st March 2007, 06:48 PM
On a side note, I did win C-Grade in the Salty's Cup match play a few weeks ago. They had the presentation today and I am now the proud owner of some Footjoy Contour series shoes! I will give em a try out at Middle Ridge tomorrow

BrisVegas
31st March 2007, 06:52 PM
The new shafts are el primo!

Thank God for that! :smt038

Flowergirl
1st April 2007, 08:32 AM
Well done on the eagle- but I'm more impressed with 26 putts!!!!!! Wow - that is great going!!!!!!! I used to fantasise about - well I'm not going to tell you what it was:smt079 - but I can tell you now that I fantasise about 26 putts.:mrgreen:

Fishman Dan
1st April 2007, 09:01 AM
Grant - 38 point with 35 putts?? You burglar!!! :lol: You need a new putter ;) Good round, wait until your putting improves!

My bubble has truly burst. Sloppy game yesterday for a nett +7, but our greens have not come back as they should have. There board of the club are out after the blood of the council employee who works our greens. The downfall of my club is that everything is maintained by council.

The worst part of all was that it was the Gordon Cup, the club signature event. The committee should hold some responsibility, trying to hold this event a week after maintenance was scheduled.

So a million putts (40 I think?!) on sandy useless greens. You couldn't confidently stand over a straight 3' putt and know that it won't deviate before it got to the hole. It also made the short game impossble, it would either stop dead in a pile of sand or run through if it was one of the harder greens.

just
1st April 2007, 10:01 AM
Well done on the eagle- but I'm more impressed with 26 putts!!!!!! Wow - that is great going!!!!!!! I used to fantasise about - well I'm not going to tell you what it was:smt079 - but I can tell you now that I fantasise about 26 putts.:mrgreen:

Do you keep a copy of Dave Pelz's "Putting Bible" or especially "Putt like the Pros" hidden next to the bed to get you in the mood?:shock::lol:

goughy
1st April 2007, 02:12 PM
Well, a most interesting round is all I can say. Played with peteyd, shazza rs and peter rs. Only remember shazza's score which was 33 pts. Lot's of 5's lets say.

Myself, I had one of the weirdest 28pts I've had. Took me 13 holes to get a par and it was my only one for the round. 30 putts, 3 fir's, only 2 gir's and I birdied them both, 4 penalty shots. My swing was east and west today, including at least 3 sky's off the driver :o Something new for me. Looking at the card, I scored 6 pts from 10 holes and 22 pts from the other 8, with only 1 par in that 8. What's the deal with that??

Had a good time though, although my play was causing me to go bald. Just seemed really really weird.

Just realised I may have counted one of my penalties wrong. Drove into a pond. It's dropping 2 hitting 3 isn't it? I gave myself 2 penalties then hit 4. Ended up just washing that hole when it might not have been necessary. May need to be more careful next time.

Grunt
1st April 2007, 03:11 PM
Grant - 38 point with 35 putts?? You burglar!!! :lol: You need a new putter ;) Good round, wait until your putting improves!

Putting was actually good, Mac Granges greens are that big that 2 putts are a good result. I was lag putting well, 2nd putts of no longer that 2 feet.

PeteyD
1st April 2007, 05:06 PM
Played Middle Ridge for the first time today, with Goughy and the RS's. I had 33 points (and Pete had 37 to round out the scoring). Played fairly woefully on the front nine for 12 points (including a 4). I did have a lot of difficulty adjusting to the speedy greens, and my distance judgement was off. Back 9 was better.

2 pars. 6 fairways. 1 gir. Lotsa putts. 3 washes. Off the stick 103/77.

Kept finding tufts of hair lying around .... :D

Courty
1st April 2007, 05:35 PM
I played nine this afternoon with my 14 year old neighbour who is a junior member playing for his handicap. We played the front 9 from the comp tees (tees & pins in same position as yesterday's comp round). I swung the club much the same as yesterday, but my short-game was a huge improvement. I had 3 birdies and 4 bogeys for a 1 over 36. The only real blemish was the 3-putt on the last. :(

Stats would be something along these lines:

Fairways: 5/7
Greens: 5/9
Putts: 14
Sand saves: 1/2

Jono
1st April 2007, 05:41 PM
It's been almost 2 months since I played in a comp round, so I was really looking forward to my round yesterday. It turned out to be a 2ball ambrose day at Eastlake ... :roll: :lol:

In the end, this ended up being a blessing, because I was hooking the crap out of the ball. My bad shots are usually push slices, so this surprised me somewhat ... I only worked out how to correct it on the back nine. (had to resort to a weak left hand grip) Anyway, my 20 handicap partner carried me till the turn and I made some contributions on the back. Shot 76, 68.25 nett. Highlight for me was the 18th. This is slight dogleg right with OB down the right side. 355 meter hole, I think. It's the first time I've played it downwind. Anyway, I smashed one over the trees to leave us with a 50 meter pitch in. Stuck it to 4 feet, drained the putt for a bird. 8)

It was fun, but I really need to play a normal comp round ... Withdrawl symptoms are setting in ... :lol:

mikezone13
1st April 2007, 06:24 PM
Highlight for me was the 18th. This is slight dogleg right with OB down the right side. 355 meter hole, I think. It's the first time I've played it downwind. Anyway, I smashed one over the trees to leave us with a 50 meter pitch in. Stuck it to 4 feet, drained the putt for a bird. 8)

Well done mate, best I've ever had coming in there was 80m but to be fair to my pitching game or lack there of I'm much better from 80m than I am from 50m.

As to my game this weekend, I got out for 15 holes at Royal Hurstville ;) teeing off at 7:15am with the hope of being at Terrey Hills by 12:15 for my first soccer game of the season.

I got through 14 holes with 12pts in the first 4 (2 birds 2 pars) and finished up with 31pts after the 14th when I had to make a mad dash to the car.

Thankfully made it to the ground at about 12:25 and we then won 3-0 and I got on the scoresheet too.

Must say the greens at Hurstville were absolutely shocking with some rock hard some soft and all as bumpy as a bad boob job.

Looking forward to the Easter weekend as I seem to be in the best ball striking form I have had since a teenager thanks to a minor swing adjustment that has had major results.

Congrats to all those who played to or broke their h'cap this week!

jimandr
1st April 2007, 07:34 PM
I didn't take my own advice, and played on our cored/sanded/scarified dodgy greens today. I declared before we started that I was playing a practice round, so I expected nothing. Started with 3 regulation pars and got interested in the game. Played reasonably well for 38 points. The greens probably cost me two, so it could've been better.

Fairways = 6 of 14
GIR = 10 of 18
Putts = 33, 1 birdie, 1 3putt
Up and Down = 3 of 6
Sand Saves = 0 of 2.

Grunt
1st April 2007, 08:03 PM
I didn't take my own advice, and played on our cored/sanded/scarified dodgy greens today. I declared before we started that I was playing a practice round, so I expected nothing. Started with 3 regulation pars and got interested in the game. Played reasonably well for 38 points. The greens probably cost me two, so it could've been better.

Fairways = 6 of 14
GIR = 10 of 18
Putts = 33, 1 birdie, 1 3putt
Up and Down = 3 of 6
Sand Saves = 0 of 2.

What nines were you playing today Jim? I found 19-27 not too bad but 10-18 were not good at all on Friday.

McMw
1st April 2007, 09:51 PM
hadn't played a round since last sunday - 25th March...
went out for a 9 hole hitout yesterday - game was rusty...but needed the hitout, coz today was my final in the gross club champs...

3 down after the first 6 holes...ouch...
won 4 on the trot from 8 to 12, then finished the morning 1up, and 5 over for the round...

anyway, when the last putt dropped on the 15th for birdie, 5/3 win - 2 over till that point for the arvo...so not a bad 33 holes given little practice...

Back to Back Club (05 & 06) Champ Wins, and on Nicole's 1mth b'day too... :mrgreen:

jimandr
1st April 2007, 10:10 PM
What nines were you playing today Jim? I found 19-27 not too bad but 10-18 were not good at all on Friday.

Played 19 to 27, then the worst of the lot, 1 to 9, which had been done on Tuesday. The sand wasn't too bad, but the core holes had an effect once the ball started losing speed.

I've been monitoring the winning scores. I'm amazed that somebody always seems to shoot 43 points on sanded greens.

BrisVegas
2nd April 2007, 06:39 AM
5/3 win - 2 over till that point for the arvo...so not a bad 33 holes given little practice...

Back to Back Club (05 & 06) Champ Wins, and on Nicole's 1mth b'day too... :mrgreen:

Awesome Mau! To win one club champs is impressive enough, yet alone back to back, with a new bub in between times! Cognratulation. :smt038

PeteyD
2nd April 2007, 07:27 AM
Great Effort there Mau!!

Eag's
2nd April 2007, 08:16 AM
Top effort Mau, Ozgolfers are winning all over the joint at the moment :smt023

Grunt
2nd April 2007, 07:02 PM
Last weeks golf has resulted in .9 off the handicap. Down to 17.2 now:), hopefully the good golf continues in the back end of this week.

McMw
2nd April 2007, 07:08 PM
cheers... :)
funny thing is that I don't get the prize presentation and trophy till this Sunday... :lol: