goughy
13th September 2004, 05:15 AM
How're we going this week??

McMw
13th September 2004, 11:33 AM
it's only the 13th today... :wink:

Andrew
14th September 2004, 01:09 PM
As far as the week starting Mon 20th Sept.

I'm out at NSW on the Wednesday & I'm predicting that I'll shoot 40 points in fighteningly windy conditions, winning the comp & being the only person to break my handicap.

I'm serious.

3oneday
14th September 2004, 02:01 PM
I'm out at NSW on the Wednesday & I'm predicting that I'll shoot 40 points in fighteningly windy conditions, winning the comp & being the only person to break my handicap.

I'm serious. :roll: :roll: [-o< :smt019

:lol: :lol:

cazandpaul
20th September 2004, 01:48 PM
Can we use this now?

Had 41 points this morning in our club's Monster Monday - couple of birdies, couple of 3 putts, hit the ball pretty good with no real shockers.

Down to at least 12 and hopefully a chance of winning a prize - it's pretty breezy on the coast this arvo.

cazandpaul
20th September 2004, 02:10 PM
It's always nice to be back on your own course and there aren't any stupid bunkers crossing our fairways like at Coolangatta - all with differing sand. :evil:

Flowergirl
20th September 2004, 04:32 PM
41 points.............woo hoo!!!!!!!!! way to go!!!!!!!

Flowergirl
21st September 2004, 07:22 AM
Well I'm playing in our 4 ball Matchplay final this afternoon. Gee I'm toey!!! Was out in the park across the road from my shop at 7.15 this morning having a bit of a look at the old short game. Just hope I can keep the nerves under control and play my game and not worry about what my opponents are doing. Just gotta play my best and let them beat me if they can!!!
My playing partner is in recovery from leukimia and this is a real "comeback" for her. I so want to do well for her.
Wish us luck!!!!!!!!!!
( today in Melbourne it is 26 - the warmest day by far since forever!!!!)

amanda
21st September 2004, 07:44 AM
Good luck today Flowergirl - just remember to have fun out there and all will go right :D

AndyP
21st September 2004, 08:11 AM
Good luck, FG.
Looking forward to hearing about your win. :cool:

Andrew
22nd September 2004, 06:05 PM

I'm serious.

Hmmmm........ Now how did this prediction turn out.

I played some of the worst golf I have played for years. Personally I blame goughy for making me make a prediction. :lol: It can't be my fault.

Flowergirl
23rd September 2004, 08:33 AM
Results of the big Matchplay final..........we never got to more than 2 up all the way through. We would get to 2 up and then the next hole they would claw their way back. So we are 1 up going into the 18th. My partner duffed her way up this very long par 4 ( don't ask me the yardage - I just know that even the men struggle to get on in two) so she was out of it and one of the other players hit hers in the trees. I hit a great drive- then as good as shot as I can within 20 mtrs of the green ( huge tail wind). My opponent is about 100 mtrs from the green for 2. She's one of the old ladies who can't hit very far but boy is she accurate!. She lands one 5 feet past the pin and my chip shot lands about 10feet short of the pin. I putt and just miss - she gives me the putt so I am in for 5.
So here is the best putter in our club ( she always win the putting comps) putting to start us all over again on the first - and she misses!!!!! Not even close. It was such a tight struggle and so exciting. We all played so steady - AND I'M SO GLAD WE WON!!
Played American Foursomes yesterday - Net 74 - enough for a ball - winners had 72. Hit some great drives and fairway shots but aroubd the greens couldn't concentrate - think I used all that up on Tuesday!!

McMw
23rd September 2004, 08:38 AM
WoW FG....
you would defn have to be the FORM golfer in the past 2 mths... :D
Congrats!!!

McMw
23rd September 2004, 08:39 AM
Mon - 36
Wed - 38

both front nines...
if only I could putt... :roll:

amanda
23rd September 2004, 08:51 AM
Fantastic FG! Great result :D

Flowergirl
23rd September 2004, 08:55 AM
WoW FG....
you would defn have to be the FORM golfer in the past 2 mths... :D
Congrats!!!

THanks McMw..........we start the elimination round for the Singles Matchplay next week. I'll keep you posted :)

Flowergirl
23rd September 2004, 08:56 AM
Fantastic FG! Great result :D
And thanks to you Amanda too. You are always so encouraging. How's your game going??

ben
23rd September 2004, 09:01 AM
Flowergirl,

My wife loves roses ;)

Well done on the win! Fantastic news!

amanda
23rd September 2004, 09:01 AM
Not bad - net 76 in our MM on Sunday - I've made a chipping/pitching break through this week so hopefully it will translate to the weekend.

Flowergirl
23rd September 2004, 09:23 AM
Not bad - net 76 in our MM on Sunday - I've made a chipping/pitching break through this week so hopefully it will translate to the weekend.

Breakthrough???? Share your secret.........still my biggest problem.

amanda
23rd September 2004, 09:58 AM
FG - send me a PM with your address and I'll photocopy the article & post it to you (from the most recent Golf For Women) - or you might be able to get it off the Golf Digest website.

I just did a quick browse of GFW on the GD site and the article isn't listed - I can post a copy on Friday.

AndyP
23rd September 2004, 10:21 AM
WE WON!!
Great stuff, FG. :D

Hopefully the OZgolf matchplay form continues. I believe Courty and I have matchplay finals soon, and Jaster has an inter-district day. [-o<

So here is the best putter in our club ( she always win the putting comps) putting to start us all over again on the first - and she misses!!!!! Not even close.

Did you point her to Rotella's "Putting Out Of Your Mind"? ;) I'm reading it right now (Thanks Iain). Good stuff. :cool:

Onewood
23rd September 2004, 02:01 PM
Congrats FlowerGirl 8) send yourself some flowers :D

Played Lakelands today with Iain Mat and Jim A

Onewood 83/7=77 :cry:
Iain.........88/16 = 72 (this handicap will go down when he gets back into comp rounds and starts putting some cards in :wink: )
Mat. 74/5= 69 (hit the ball well, finished with 2 doubles in the last 4 holes)
Jim A 85/10 = 75 (cost me 2 beers :cry: we play for 2 beers every saturday :D )

Sum it up!!! playing off 6 you need some birds in a round, which I failed to do today :roll:

Great wheather, great course, great company and no work :D what more can I say :D

AndyP
23rd September 2004, 02:10 PM
Glad you enjoyed your day, Kev. :cry:

In case you cared, the course I did instead of playing was relatively interesting. :(

Onewood
23rd September 2004, 02:18 PM
Glad you enjoyed your day, Kev. :cry:

In case you cared, the course I did was relatively interesting. :(

What did you shoot :D or should I say how many ZZZZZZ did you knock out :D

Onewood
23rd September 2004, 04:44 PM
PS Forgot to mention Shavey (in his smoko 9 holes :D ) started with double then pared his way in :shock: now heres a man in form coming upto the champs :D

AndyP
23rd September 2004, 07:05 PM
Pity none of you other clods are like my protege.
Who cares how your "protege" goes? How are you going to perform? You need to stop diverting attention from your own poor form.
compulsory emoticon :P

BrisVegas
23rd September 2004, 07:24 PM
Pity none of you other clods are like my protege.
Who cares how your "protege" goes? How are you going to perform? You need to stop diverting attention from your own poor form.
compulsory emoticon :P

Sounds like AndyP is throwing down the gauntlet to you there Richard.... Could be an interesting matchup. :wink:

AndyP
23rd September 2004, 07:42 PM
Sounds like AndyP is throwing down the gauntlet to you there Richard.... Could be an interesting matchup. :wink:
Pfffft, bring it on. He's too easily put off by orange shirts.

Andrew
24th September 2004, 07:59 AM

I'm serious.

Hmmmm........ Now how did this prediction turn out.

I played some of the worst golf I have played for years. Personally I blame goughy for making me make a prediction. :lol: It can't be my fault.

I'm happy to report that even though I played like a real hack, so did everyone else.

The winning score was 36 points (not even a count back). The field was a reasonable size, so I don't feel as bad now.

markTHEblake
24th September 2004, 07:39 PM
I was asked to play at The Glades (for free) on wednesday but I had to refuse, I had a more important round scheduled - a social hit at Gatton Jubilee, which has a much nicer name. (Gatton is between Brisbane and Toowoomba, and has a population of about 6000)

Typical country course, lots of Gum Trees, wide fairways and pokey little greens that you have to be carefull walking around them as you might fall off and break a leg. Some of them the smallest I can remember seeing. Easy course if you can hit your approaches straight, otherwise......could be very demoralising.

Its got a few short holes but makes it up with 5 holes over the magic 200, 400, and 500 metre marks, and some scary doglegs. One short par 4 you need to hit a 7 iron off the tee.

The greens were a little furry - which got the better of me and had an atrocious day putting - 5 three putts which seems about average these days. :evil:

Highlight of the round was on a 250m par 4 sharp dogleg right (8th) I attempted a deliberate fade around the corner, that instead went right with a low draw, through the trees, over the hump, through the bunker to finish 10ft from the hole, and lipped out for the 2. Sound Strategy.

My folks have bought a Pub in Grantham, just outside of Gatton, so I will be heading out that way and playing this course more often.

But the best part - was playing 19 holes in under 3 hrs, and nobody else sighted on the golf course, heaven!

AndyP
24th September 2004, 07:47 PM
My folks have bought a Pub in Grantham, just outside of Gatton, so I will be heading out that way and playing this course more often.
Only heading out there weekdays, Blakey, or the occasional weekend? I'd be interested in a hit on a weekend sometime.

But the best part - was playing 19 holes in under 3 hrs, and nobody else sighted on the golf course, heaven!
And you played an extra hole because.......?

McMw
24th September 2004, 09:16 PM
had an awesome 9 just now.... :roll:

par, double, bogey, double, par, par, bogey, bogey, par...

wish I could play like this everyday!!! :roll:

Onewood
24th September 2004, 10:32 PM
I know how you feel :D

I played the friday 9 hole comp today for 11 points :cry:

Next game will be up north on moday Mackay, wed willows :roll:

Not sure when I'll get to report on these, maybe 2 weeks when I get back :D

markTHEblake
24th September 2004, 10:48 PM
Only heading out there weekdays, Blakey, or the occasional weekend? I'd be interested in a hit on a weekend sometime.

Weekends will be rare, and if i do i will probably head a bit further west to play with the Toowoomba laddies

And you played an extra hole because.......?[/quote]

the 19th hole is rarely considered extra. Unless your name is Golfer69 who never hangs around for a drink.

gazgolf1
25th September 2004, 10:54 AM
Carbon copy of last weeks round with 38 pts. :?

Shot even par on the back 9 for the second week in a row with a 15 footer for birdie on the last confirming that the Mezza is.....

IN THE BAG!!!!!!!! \:D/

Iain
25th September 2004, 11:35 AM
Played Wednesday at Colonial with a couple of mates from work, it was 4b Stableford, we shot 42 points, hit the ball ok on some holes, but if it was a single, it wouldn't have been a pretty score.... :?

Played Thursday at Lakelands with onewood, mat and jimmy a. Played better on the back than on the front, had 88/16=72, so can't be unhappy with the day. Did have a couple of big drives on the back nine. :wink:

Played Friday at Nudgee, shot around the handicap, but lost the ball on the last, and din't rehit one, so not exactly sure, but it would've been around 86?? :oops:

andylo
25th September 2004, 12:13 PM
Finally, Finally, Finally.... I break 100!!

Shooting 95, front nine 50, back 45. :D

Yippie.... :D

990B Luva
25th September 2004, 12:26 PM
Congrats AndyLo, you personally will want to be shooting 70s in the near future (beleive me, i were shooting 90s 1.5yrs ago, never broke 80 in comp till last weekend) good luck getting that hcp low

Jarro
25th September 2004, 12:31 PM

congrats mate 8)

markTHEblake
25th September 2004, 12:37 PM
Played Wednesday at Colonial with a couple of mates from work,

3 days in a row playing Golf, not much work happening there !

McMw
25th September 2004, 12:42 PM
nice work A-Lo... :D

nothing more satisfying than to know that I played to a PB by doing everything right... :D

terryand
25th September 2004, 12:45 PM
Well done Andy :smt023 =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Terry.

Iain
25th September 2004, 03:40 PM
3 days in a row playing Golf, not much work happening there !
The beautiful thing about shift work..... :wink:

Kee
25th September 2004, 05:18 PM
Well done Andy :D =D> \:D/

Some very good chips and drives for you today :D

AndyP
25th September 2004, 07:35 PM
Carbon copy of last weeks round with 38 pts.
How's your h/cap going, Gaz? You must be going alright? We can't tell, you don't provide the link. :wink:

Excellent. :smt023

gazgolf1
25th September 2004, 08:00 PM
Carbon copy of last weeks round with 38 pts.
How's your h/cap going, Gaz? You must be going alright? We can't tell, you don't provide the link. :wink:

Excellent. :smt023

sorry computer moron here,how do I set up the Golflink link on my sig?
Here it is

http://www.golflink.com.au/HandicapHistory.aspx?golflink_no=4011125411

AndyP
25th September 2004, 08:11 PM
sorry computer moron here,how do I set up the Golflink link on my sig?
Here it is

http://www.golflink.com.au/HandicapHistory.aspx?golflink_no=4011125411
Just put that in your signature via the Profile button. Alternatively, put "", then a nice name for it, followed by " ( then the address you provided, then )" in your sig and it will work even better. :cool:

gazgolf1
25th September 2004, 08:16 PM
hows that? :) not exactly the neatest.

jaster
25th September 2004, 08:16 PM

So you were 30mins away and didn't even send a PM to see if I wanted a game? :? Come one mate, Gatton course is a Goat Track...the back 9 is so flat and boring that a great golfer like you surely can't have been satisified?? :lol:

Give me a PM when your next in the area and make a trip to City GC, you'll see that it is very worth it :D

jaster
25th September 2004, 08:18 PM

Take out the "" and it'll work mate

AndyP
25th September 2004, 08:22 PM
Take out the "" and it'll work mate
I don't know. Was my explanation that bad Jaster? If I had of omitted the "", it would have created the link. (sigh)

jaster
25th September 2004, 08:32 PM
Andy, your explanation was superb but as Gaz noticed he is a little illiterate with PC stuff so it was an easy mistake for him to make. Without your great post he would not of got as far as he did ;) :smt008

AndyP
25th September 2004, 08:39 PM
:lol:

gazgolf1
25th September 2004, 08:49 PM
testing. 8)

still not right. :oops:

McMw
25th September 2004, 10:12 PM
you've forgotten the [/url] at the back....

it should read as

GazGolf (###http://www.golflink.com.au/HandicapHistory.aspx?golflink_no=4011125411)

MINUS the #

McMw
25th September 2004, 10:23 PM
anyway - had a shocker round today...

took a mate out who's reasonable for a newbie golfer...reasonable swing and all that...

don't know whether it was waiting for him, or just not swinging well, I had a shocker round...

had 9 pars - but played the other 9 in 12over...

the only highlight - parred the last 5 coming back, despite all the crap that had gone on in the first 12 holes... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

markTHEblake
25th September 2004, 11:23 PM
So you were 30mins away and didn't even send a PM to see if I wanted a game?

I asked goughy instead. he was the only toowoomba guy that seems to join the chat room occasionaly :wink: and besides dont you have to work?

Come one mate, Gatton course is a Goat Track...

No such thing as a goat track golf course. If it has Tees and Holes then i am happy to play it.

the back 9 is so flat and boring that a great golfer like you surely can't have been satisified??

Only 7 holes are flat, and it makes a nice change from the courses I normally play. Besides those greens are not boring to aim at.

Give me a PM when your next in the area and make a trip to City GC, you'll see that it is very worth it

One day. for now my brother needs to get his handicap cards in so we had to play at Gatton.

gazgolf1
26th September 2004, 07:44 AM
Not happy this morning :twisted:

Just checked the scores in the paper and found out that 39pts won at Oxley yesterday and my 38pts should have been 40pts after I bladed one out of a bunker and into a creek :oops: .

My bunker play (or lack of bunker play) is costing me shots every round.
Gunna find a bunker this week and stay in it until I get it right. :x :smt079

Jarro
26th September 2004, 08:48 AM

Just checked the scores in the paper and found out that 39pts won at Oxley yesterday and my 38pts should have been 40pts after I bladed one out of a bunker and into a creek :oops: .

Bad luck Gaz .. :(

...as for the bunker play, maybe you should join Logan instead of Nudgee :wink:

terryand
26th September 2004, 08:49 AM

Bad luck Gaz .. :(

...as for the bunker play, maybe you should join Logan instead of Nudgee :wink:

Ouch!!

HAHA.....

Terry.

Jarro
26th September 2004, 08:54 AM
he knows i'm only joshin' :smt002

McMw
26th September 2004, 04:02 PM
played the Aug MM this morning....had a shocker game... 81

in fact...this whole week has been a shocker...make it the entire month... :roll:

Jarro
26th September 2004, 04:30 PM
played the Aug MM this morning....had a shocker game... 81

in fact...this whole week has been a shocker...make it the entire month... :roll:

sounds like you need to indulge in some Ho-ing mate, it'll cure what ailes ya :wink:

amanda
26th September 2004, 05:32 PM
A very strange round today - I didn't play overly poor - but my score ended up at 29 :? I worked a lot on pitching and chipping on Sat arvo and I seem to have that sorted - but I couldn't hit a full 8i-Pw to save myself - oh well - something else to re-learn! At least I beat Brad :lol:

BrisVegas
26th September 2004, 05:41 PM
Played Gailes and had 37 points, 78 off the beater (par 73). Gailes was in crap shape and the greens had been cored this week... :evil:

Had a frustrating day as I had a stack of putts inside 10 feet for birdie and made only one. Had two 3-putts as well :oops:

Stats were:- 14/15 fairways, 12 Greens, 35 putts.

The missus got me some new golf shoes this morning, for our wedding anniversary. They're Nike and look a bit like those casual shoes the young 'uns are wearing these days. Very comfy.

Also traded the Rossa Monza in this morning and got a Cleveland By Design blade putter in anodised black. Has a great feel to it. Looking forward to a long and happy relationship with this new putter. Oh, and the missus of course. :wink:

cazandpaul
26th September 2004, 06:48 PM
Caz and I combined well today and won the mixed 4B at Burleigh with 45 pts - we've both been having lessons from our new pro Jamie Brew (who took over from Vaughan Somers) and things are starting to take shape. :D

Trung
26th September 2004, 07:19 PM
36 & 29 points 8)

markTHEblake
26th September 2004, 07:28 PM
Gunna find a bunker this week and stay in it until I get it right.

Looks like we got another scratching for the oZgolf championships. Will you be able to make the xmas party?

Fishman Dan
26th September 2004, 07:44 PM
.... Looking forward to a long and happy relationship with this new putter. Oh, and the missus of course. :wink:

You're going to let the missus use the putter? :lol: :roll:

Back in action today - unfortunate for 'old mate' who i was paired up with it was an Aggregate Stableford.

Had 28 points (12/16 - 2 wipes) - a sluggish start (first wipe was the 3rd) but regrouped and wanted a solid effort on the back 9 - was 2 shots up after about 5 before a late fade out. Not unhappy though, first hit for 8 weeks. Struggled with the driver early, but really is was the short game that got punished today.

gazgolf1
27th September 2004, 04:26 AM
Gunna find a bunker this week and stay in it until I get it right.

Looks like we got another scratching for the oZgolf championships. Will you be able to make the xmas party?

I'll be there pennant boy. :wink:

Flowergirl
27th September 2004, 08:06 AM
Well done to all you golfers who played well last week..........and bad luck to those who didn't!!!

Got some great advice G69 about bunker play - DON"T GO IN THEM!!!!!!!

But what I really wanted to say was

WAY TO GO ANDYLO!!!!!!!!!!!!! BREAKING 100 ......GREAT EFFORT THERE...BIG HUG AND A KISS TO YOU :wink:

terryand
27th September 2004, 08:16 AM
Well done to all you golfers who played well last week..........and bad luck to those who didn't!!!

WAY TO GO ANDYLO!!!!!!!!!!!!! BREAKING 100 ......GREAT EFFORT THERE...BIG HUG AND A KISS TO YOU :wink:

Careful FG, you'll make Andy blush :oops:

Your getting me wanting to do well now :smt047 :smt047

Terry.

andylo
27th September 2004, 10:08 AM

Careful FG, you'll make Andy blush :oops:

Your getting me wanting to do well now :smt047 :smt047

Terry.

:oops:... but :D

AndyP
27th September 2004, 11:26 AM
Shot a 44-46-90 (par 71) at Virginia on Sunday.
Excuses: Driver misbehaved. Greens were rock hard. Was buggered.
Positives: Putting feels solid. Bunker play was good.

BrisVegas
27th September 2004, 11:47 AM
Excuses: Driver misbehaved.

What the..??? That was a short honeymoon.... :cry:

AndyP
27th September 2004, 12:05 PM
Excuses: Driver misbehaved.
What the..??? That was a short honeymoon.... :cry:
That's the HO way of thinking, blame the club. :roll: In fact, a couple of mishit drives went down the centre, but would been lucky to hit the clubface with some other drivers. Perhaps I should have stated "Driving misbehaved".

I don't think I was setting up right on the day. It will be right to go again for the coming weekend. 8)

amanda
27th September 2004, 12:10 PM

Congrats Andy - sorry I didn't see this earlier :oops:

Did you loose shots off your handicap?

BrisVegas
27th September 2004, 12:13 PM
That's the HO way of thinking, blame the club. :roll:

Turn it up mate, you forget who you're talking to. I've had one new driver in the past 5 years or so.... The anti-HO rhetoric you're sprouting rolls off the tongue a little too quickly. I've got nothing against HO's and neither should you. If it wasn't for them, people like you and me wouldn't have a ready source of "Tour-Van" stuff available for the rare occasions when we do manage an upgrade.

And, if I'm not mistaken, you've become quite the HO yourself lately. Noth that there's anything wrong with that. :lol: :wink:

markTHEblake
27th September 2004, 12:43 PM
Brisvegas, I think your avatar does show where your heart truly lies.

as for Andy-P-Journeyman, dont you ever play at home?

andylo
27th September 2004, 12:43 PM

Congrats Andy - sorry I didn't see this earlier :oops:

Did you loose shots off your handicap?

I dunno amanda... my handicap number has not updated yet. :?

AndyP
27th September 2004, 01:07 PM
That's the HO way of thinking, blame the club. :roll:
Turn it up mate, you forget who you're talking to. I've had one new driver in the past 5 years or so.... The anti-HO rhetoric you're sprouting rolls off the tongue a little too quickly. I've got nothing against HO's and neither should you. If it wasn't for them, people like you and me wouldn't have a ready source of "Tour-Van" stuff available for the rare occasions when we do manage an upgrade.
Wasn't implying that you were a HO. It's just that the statement was a HO way of thinking, which I do not live by. There is no such thing as a honeymoon period. If I have a problem with a club, I would look to my own swing first.
I have nothing against HOs (well, not all of them anyway ;) ), I just can't fully comprehend why they do what they do. :?

And, if I'm not mistaken, you've become quite the HO yourself lately. Noth that there's anything wrong with that. :lol: :wink:
I know what I am. :roll:
And that's not a HO, by the way.

AndyP
27th September 2004, 01:15 PM
as for Andy-P-Journeyman, dont you ever play at home?
Not that often. My country membership supposedly only gives me 12 rounds a year there (haven't checked if it still applies). I only play there if we are staying on the Sunshine Coast for the weekend, which would be about once a month anyway.
Besides, I love playing all these different courses. :D

Did you loose shots off your handicap?I dunno amanda... my handicap number has not updated yet.
It's there, Andy. I think it was 26.6 or 26.7. 8)

Jarro
27th September 2004, 01:15 PM
I have nothing against HOs (well, not all of them anyway ;) )

don't bite the hand that feeds ya mate :smt018

AndyP
27th September 2004, 01:19 PM
don't bite the hand that feeds ya mate :smt018
You're right.
I'll wait until I get my irons next year, before I really getting stuck into you. :P

Why don't you push the "DOB" button? :wink:

Jarro
27th September 2004, 01:22 PM

nah.

I'll wait a while, 'till you get your new irons, wedges and putter,

.. then i'll get stuck into you :P

AndyP
27th September 2004, 01:42 PM
nah.

I'll wait a while, 'till you get your new irons, wedges and putter,

.. then i'll get stuck into you :P
I'm not a HO, you know.

Just got wedges, so I'm set for quite a while there.
Don't need a new putter. The one I have now somehow gets them in the hole.

BrisVegas
27th September 2004, 04:02 PM
I'm not a HO, you know.

I know what I am.
And that's not a HO, by the way.

OK OK, I heard you the first time.... sheesh.

Courty
27th September 2004, 04:51 PM
Played my Club Championship Matchplay Grand Final on Saturday afternoon. Here's how it went.

Started terribly. Hooked the first 2 tee shots into hazards resulting in -2 after 2. Won 3, 5 & 6 to be +1 after 6. Then lost 7, 8 & 9 to be -2 again at the turn. I was striking the ball well, but I just couldn't hit the driver straight. Somehow I was closing the face down and hitting low snap hooks. :evil:
Started the 2nd 9 with a high block onto the adjoining fairway with my 3 wood. Somehow made par and won the hole. And so it went for the next 6 holes. Apart from the hole my opponent conceded (I was in the greenside bunker for 2, he was 50m short of the green for 6), I parred 6 of the 7 holes on the back (won 5 of them) to win 3/2 on the 16th green. Yay for me! :D

Don't know what I win yet. Presentations are next Saturday.

terryand
27th September 2004, 04:53 PM
Way to go Courty :smt023 =D>

Terry.

amanda
27th September 2004, 05:19 PM
Way to go Courty! Maybe you win a nice trophy :)

Fishman Dan
27th September 2004, 05:29 PM
Way to go Courty, great stuff.

One question though - was is a tough bunker? Fair enough he's 4 shots down already, but did he make you atleast get the ball out before conceding?

Courty
27th September 2004, 09:28 PM
Way to go Courty, great stuff.

One question though - was is a tough bunker? Fair enough he's 4 shots down already, but did he make you atleast get the ball out before conceding?

Thankfully no. It wasn't a particularly difficult bunker, but the location of the ball (next to the lip on the far side of the bunker, sloping towards the green) would have made it very difficult indeed. Lucky for me, he conceded from 100m away after his 6th shot by yelling 'pick it up' as he obviously hadn't seen where mine had finished. For the record, I would have chipped out sideways and then onto the green. No sense in trying for heroics with 4 or 5 shots up my sleeve. :?

McMw
27th September 2004, 09:36 PM
nice work courty!!! :D

Jarro
28th September 2004, 12:13 AM
well done big fella :smt023

i knew you could do it :D

cazandpaul
28th September 2004, 04:13 AM
Good work Courty - holding your nerve in any match play situation is always tough - you must have a bit of Tiger in you :D

Flowergirl
28th September 2004, 07:50 AM
Go Courty.............go Courty........go Courty ( substitute "Ricky" to get the rhythm happening here)
Great play, great nerve and great job.!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
A big slap on the back for you from me ( don't want to make you blush like Andylo!!)

AndyP
28th September 2004, 07:59 AM
Well done, Courty. :D It's a shame you can't make the OZgolf Champs. :(

Well, that's FG and Courty with matchplay wins. I guess the pressure is on me for this Sunday. 8-[

Jarro
28th September 2004, 09:17 AM
Well, that's FG and Courty with matchplay wins. I guess the pressure is on me for this Sunday. 8-[

where's that "choke" emoticon when you need it :roll: :lol:

Pressures on Andeepeeeeeee :!: