PDA

View Full Version : Kooralbyn Valley

Pages : [1] 2

PeteyD
22nd March 2007, 09:53 PM
OK some pictures from today. Wish I had a decent camera instead of the wee Kodak one, but here goes.

1st hole 520m Par 5 Index 10 (400/5/5). This is one of the ones they changed. Originally a par 4, tee behind the trees in the distance. This new tee hits out over some water, about to where the maintenance dudes are whe nthey sould be scraping the greens.

Mid - Approach over/left of the trees, onto the old first fairway. Lots of water left.

App - Final shot in over the bunker. More water left. Large green covered in sand and chicken poop :smt013

PeteyD
22nd March 2007, 09:58 PM
2nd hole - 348m Par 4 Index 12 (300/4/8) Nicely routed dogleg right, uphill all the way. Nice landing area for a fairway off the tee, although gorillas can take the tree on with a driver. Anything a little right might pull up on the hill, but big right is goneski.

Looking back down from beside the green.

Another green covered in crap.

PeteyD
22nd March 2007, 10:11 PM
It is well past where the old 18th green was. There is the old cart paths through the middle as you can see from DC's drive. It also forces you to play over the trees that used to be the right side of the fairway. Yes the first hole no longer fits in with Muirheads (i think?) design at all, until you get near the green.

PeteyD
22nd March 2007, 10:15 PM
3rd hole - 360m Par 4 Index 8 (261/4/13) An awesome hole up the valley. Tee shot to a landing area with a gully all around the right side (seen better from the ladies tee in the second pic). The bunker is about driving length for us wee hitters. Approach up the hill to the green is difficult to judge.

PeteyD
22nd March 2007, 10:20 PM
4 - 446m Par 5 Index 18 (383/5/15) Continuing up the valley that 3 is in. Tee shot is to a large landing area the should funnel the ball towards the middle ( as long as it is not a big fade ...:smt093 ) more of the same for the second and third.

2nd shot is from the green back down the fairway. Tees are in the distance. A big drain up the left side of the fairway (red staked) tends to eat balls.

The green here used to let the ball go way back down the fairway if you rolled it off the front. Pretty hard to see that at the moment though

PeteyD
22nd March 2007, 10:25 PM
5th - 220m Par 3 Index 4 (201/3/10) Very nice par 3, the one that everyone remembers. Apparently it is about a 200 foot drop from the tee to the green. A gully on the right you can't see from the top is a lot of trouble, and cuts in front of the right bunker a bit.

PeteyD
22nd March 2007, 10:32 PM
6 - 379m Par 4 Index 6 (282/4/4) The 6th is a split hole. Social players go to a green near the bunkers on the left of the tee shot. Others play a dogleg right over the valley of death (which you can see behind the 5th green in the shots earlier). Drive is to a landing area to the left of the smaller gum tree, which is on the end edge of the valley. The 150m post is also on the edge of the valley.

You can see the gum trees on the left in the shot back from behind the green.

PeteyD
22nd March 2007, 10:38 PM
7 - 482m Par5 Index 16 (442/5/2) Par 5 that doglegs right after the tee shot (Back over the valley again). Valley winds round and runs across in front of the green ( about 100m out) but is not jungle up this end

PeteyD
22nd March 2007, 10:40 PM
8 - 158m Par 3 Index 14 (153/3/18 )Downhill par 3 with a narrow green and a big tree. Should be relatively straightforward ...

forgot to photo the green. Left is fairly safe although can't be seen from the tee.

PeteyD
22nd March 2007, 10:44 PM
9 - 409m Par 4 Index 2 (295/4/17) A favourite hole, mainly due to the halfway house at the end of it and plenty of cold beer. Drive to a landing area left of the pine tree and over the gully that cuts in (or to the right and off a tree back to the middle of the fairway ... ) losing it right puts it up behind the 7th tee so fairly safe as long as you are over the trees.

From there it is downhill to a large green. 2nd shot looks over the green and back up the hill.

Aaaahhhh beer.

markTHEblake
22nd March 2007, 11:18 PM
Hang on a sec...that new first hole. Please don't tell me .

By the looks of the pics nothing has changed on the first, except for moving the tee. But when i saw the plans for this over a year ago, there as definitely more happening than that. So i am guessing they will be bringing in the shovels sometime.

Also pretty sure the 4th was changing to a Par 4

and that 1st tee looks like its in the middle of the old par 3 course :-)

Jarro
23rd March 2007, 06:42 AM
Hang on a sec...that new first hole. Please don't tell me they pulled the tees way back to the right back near where the old 18th green was AND just kept all the existing paths in play up the right side of the old first fairway.
So they now slice right up the guts of the new line of play....is so..thats a disgrace.

Dicky, the new 1st tee is further up towards the Hotel, more up to the right of the old 18th green.

I hope you're right about the shovels coming out Blakey, 'cos the way the 1st plays now, there is way too much cart path and shit right in your landing zone for the tee shot.

It's good to see they're coring and sanding the greens though, i thought they were pretty ordinary earlier in the year. It is though pretty poor that they chose to do works during a Copperhead round :(

Shouldn't it be that you get a reduced green fee if there are works going on for a comp round ?

kpac
23rd March 2007, 08:07 AM
Shouldn't it be that you get a reduced green fee if there are works going on for a comp round ?
Absolutely, even without a reduced gree fee it would have been nice for the pro shop to INFORM us that the greens aren't up to scratch (ie covered in shit)

On a side note i still find the course very enjoyable, yes, even off the black markers. If you stay on the fairways the grass was good (it wasn't lush green or anything, but good coverage and green enough)
The new 1st layout is interesting, i didn't like it because i found the water, but after they get rid of the car path i think it will play pretty nice. The new 18th is a nice one. Off the black tees i played it as a par 5, driver, 7, P, and would be pretty dangerous for me to play it any different. Dave played a rescue in to the green and got it pretty close, but it was a lot of risk for reward, good hole i thought.
I'm hoping that we have a wet winter/autumn and i think it will look a nice course. Because the layout i think is one of the best around.
After a day of letting the frustration settle about the greens i can now see that atleast they are doing something. They seem to have plenty of ground staff, and are doing a decent amount of work, i'd hope that it is in an effort to get the course looking good for the chrissy break.

AndyP
23rd March 2007, 08:24 AM
I think it deserved it's own thread, PD.

Although the par 3 5th is spectacular and long, it didn't feel that hard as there was no protection at the front of the green, unlike the other par 3s.

AndyP
23rd March 2007, 08:41 AM
With the paths there, we had two walkers cut across the fairway on us, then the path cuts back across again. They didn't even seem to care that we could have been hitting balls at their noggins.

kpac
23rd March 2007, 08:42 AM
Although the par 3 5th is spectacular and long, it didn't feel that hard as there was no protection at the front of the green, unlike the other par 3s.
True, however i have landed in one of those bunkers before, and coming into a bunker at a sqilliion miles an hour can be leathal!

Yeah i dunno 69, i recon they're putting in a bit of cash, they seem to have a LOT of ground staff, and complete new fleet of carts, there must be some cash to spend. They could well just be going at it slowly....

AndyP
23rd March 2007, 08:45 AM
Plus the new proshop and new clubhouse area.

BTW there is plenty of water around in little ponds, etc for Choppa to drink from.

andylo
23rd March 2007, 08:46 AM
Thanks PD!! Great photos so far! Got me pumped and want to go play next if not this weekend :D

AndyP
23rd March 2007, 08:48 AM
Is this just pedestrians from the hotel ?
If so..thats a law suit waiting to happen.
Or local residents. They weren't golfers.

Thanks PD!! Great photos so far! Got me pumped and want to go play next if not this weekend :D
You might want to wait for the greens to settle, Lo. I think Petey is thinking about going back in a couple of months.

PeteyD
23rd March 2007, 09:37 AM
Yea hotel guests or maybe residents out for a early morning powerwalk and noggin bash. Pretty stupid wlaking on cart paths in a golf course.

I agree on the 5th, not particularly difficult but certainly a pretty hole (at least with ah green green!)

The first tee hits basically from the road over some of the old par 3 course. There does not appear to have been much done on it other than the new tee. Maybe the paths are still there due to earthworks to be done later? I do not like the hole at all at the moment.

Andy give the greens a few weeks to recover. It is not worth the fees to putt in chicken poop.

Anyway must get onto the back 9.

PeteyD
23rd March 2007, 10:59 AM
10 - 352m Par 4 Index 15 (275/4/7). Index 15 ??? they have got to be kidding. Tee shot is a knee knocker for us wee hitters. Edge of the water is about 200m away (off the blacks). It is even a fair whack from the ladies tee (second photo). There is a ladies drop zone on the other side, right of the big tree. The gully goes around to the green tucked in behind the trees on the left in the distance. you can just see the edge of the green in the approach photo.

Golfer69 informs me that the water carry is 182m, but you want the extra 20m to get up the hill to the fairway.

PeteyD
23rd March 2007, 11:03 AM
11 - 339m Par4 Index 13 (331/4/12) Short downhill par 4. Plenty of room off the tee as long as you don't push right, back to the lake on 10 (cart path on the right is close to the lake)

PeteyD
23rd March 2007, 11:09 AM
12 379m Par 4 Index 5 (317/4/12) Uphill par 4. Tee shot is from the blue tees, black is further back and more to the right. Big landing area, line is on the left side just next to the big tree on the edge, which should run down hill and around unless you plug near the sprinkler head ...

Looking back from the green in the second photo you can see the slope from the big tree.

PeteyD
23rd March 2007, 11:14 AM
13 - 532m Par 5 Index 11 (481/5/1). Long downhill par 5, water in play on the right from your second shot. Longdrive hole. Plenty of room for the drive to land on this one. Hole reduces in width nicely as you approach the green. The water hazard runs around behind the green.

PeteyD
23rd March 2007, 11:18 AM
14 190m Par3 Index 17 (136/3/14) Card says 160m, but a new tee hosts the blacks further up the hill. The only hole I find disappointing on the golf course (assuming 1 is a work in progress). Nice of em to run the sprinklers on the chicken poo for us when we were playing. This is the hole that had 2 heads jammed and just bubbling watr on the left side of the green. Maybe it is designed to be a rest before the next hole. Don't hook your tee shot into the poop on the left.

PeteyD
23rd March 2007, 11:26 AM
15 - 387m par 4 Index 3 (385/5/9) In the origninal design this was 18, with a clubhouse on the hill overlooking the green. It would have been a great finishing hole. Double water carry to a large green. Tee is elevated and on the edge of the lake. The second lake is drivable if you are go left and hit long. Ladies play up the left side as a par 5 with no water carry. first shot is from the tee box. 2nd is zoomed in showing the landing area better. 3rd shot looking back over the second lake to the landing area. Big green on this hole.

PeteyD
23rd March 2007, 11:28 AM
16 - 391m Par4 Index 9 (349/4/11). Long par 4 that plays shorter downhill. Another hole where all the sprinklers wer going when we got to the green:smt013 . Best tee shot is down the cart path for the extra roll!

PeteyD
23rd March 2007, 11:34 AM
17 - 182m Par 3 Index 7 (105/3/16) Par 3 water carry all the way. In the old days the sleeper wall was the front of the green. It has fallen down in the meantime and those rocks installed. Hit the rocks with your tee shot and there is a good chance the ball will come back over the lake. Mine got about 3/4 of the way back. Stupid rocks.

Over the back there is more water if you clear the hills.

PeteyD
23rd March 2007, 11:38 AM
18 - 427m Par 4 Index 1 (417/5/3). Totally new hole, instead of an addon like the first. Straight through where the par 3 course used to live, coming into just below the pool at the resort. I like this hole more each time I play it. Tee shot looks nice and open, but the water you can see in the approach shot definately comes into play for longer hitters. It can not be seen from the tee at all. Water in front of the green, oob behind it. Big risk / reward going for it. Last shot is looking over the gardens and 18th green across the water. Green is coming along but needs to grow in more.

PeteyD
23rd March 2007, 11:39 AM
And that is it. Next time I will take some green shots as it was pointless with the crap all over them and the sprinklers going. Hopefully what you can see in the photos gets you excited about the course for the champs.
We all have our fingers crossed for rain and ongoing improvements.

kpac
23rd March 2007, 12:01 PM
Nice write up Pete. Always been a top layout. Goor to see them working on it aswell.

PeteyD
23rd March 2007, 12:07 PM
Good on ya richie. I'll take some next time ;)

shavey
23rd March 2007, 09:47 PM
Thanks for getting us all in the mood for the champs Petey ;)

dc68
26th March 2007, 03:51 PM
Nice work Petey.

Hmm I wonder if that NTP held up on 14?

AndyP
26th March 2007, 04:37 PM
The water from the sprinklers probably wiped off your name.

Jarro
26th March 2007, 04:43 PM
Nice work Petey.

At least you would've known what club to hit after last time ;)

PeteyD
26th March 2007, 06:28 PM
It still says 160 on the sign too ...

AndyP
9th August 2007, 06:47 PM
The bent greens are looking pretty good now and they roll well. Not as good as the Glades, but very playable. There's just a few patches here and there that are a bit dodgy.

There seems to be things they are working on all over the place. They've burnt out or cleared a fair bit of scrub or trees. Planted new shrubs and put mulch down in some spots.

The fairways are pretty dry, but no worse than a lot of the Brisbane courses. They are currently playing preferred lie for all closely mown areas.

Overall, it's condition isn't really any worse than what you would find in Brisbane.

Jarro
10th August 2007, 06:15 AM
Good to hear that the greens have improved markedly since my last visit, i thought they were shithouse last couple of times i was there.

peter_rs
10th August 2007, 07:40 AM
Jarro these were nudgee standard from last week. the 6th still has crap in the top 1/4 still. the 18 is a new green and the frost has hit it hard.

They have had -6 mornings. all the palms around the proshop have frost burn.

Jarro
10th August 2007, 07:45 AM
Jarro these were nudgee standard from last week.

:smt023

shavey
22nd August 2007, 11:09 PM
Heard something very interesting from a member today that the resort will take control of the course BEFORE the champs!

Seems the resort owners have had enough and want to take control of their own destiny

goughy
23rd August 2007, 04:49 AM
I thought it did control the course! So who is looking after it now? What's the story?

terryand
23rd August 2007, 06:29 AM
I wonder if they got any of the rain the Gold Coast got.

Terry.

BrisVegas
23rd August 2007, 07:19 AM
yeah, I'd say so. Logan City has had 2.5 inches in the past 3 days and Hinze Dam has had 4.5 inches. Kooralbyn is in between those two places... Plus, nearly everywhere got at least 2 inches on Sunday/Monday.

peter_rs
23rd August 2007, 07:44 AM
BOM has it at 25mmm of rain as of last night. however 50km away on the other side of the valley they have recorded 220mm. :(

PeteyD
23rd August 2007, 08:46 AM
Last time the resort took control of the course it ended up in the mess it was in 12 months ago ...

Hope it does not have an effect on our bookings ...

terryand
23rd August 2007, 08:55 AM
Surely they couldn't **** it up in 4 months :-s

Terry.

dc68
23rd August 2007, 10:09 AM
pfft...

AndyP
23rd August 2007, 10:14 AM
I've got a two for one voucher for Beaudesert. Sound good?

kpac
23rd August 2007, 11:33 AM
Don't laugh about boonah - i played there on the weekend - I challenge anyone to find better greens in south east qld. These were MINT!!!! without a shadow of a doubt better than anything on the coast. True and green. True testament to country golf

BrisVegas
23rd August 2007, 11:51 AM
Didn't even know there was a golf course in Boonah?!

Hmmm, ozgolf day??

kpac
23rd August 2007, 12:03 PM
Definately BV. Top little course too. only 9 holes but i actually enjoyed that aspect of it, because the 2nd time round you were trying to improve/match what you did the first time... was interesting.

markTHEblake
23rd August 2007, 12:19 PM
I didnt know there was a Boonah. Is it like Moonah

markTHEblake
23rd August 2007, 02:37 PM
looks ok.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=boonah,+qld&ie=UTF8&ll=-28.00863,152.694662&spn=0.006943,0.009978&t=h&z=17&om=1

AndyP
23rd August 2007, 02:42 PM
The first looks like a "dog turd" of a hole.

BrisVegas
23rd August 2007, 02:46 PM
geez, blakey... who are you? Jamie Durie(sp?) hoverying over unsuspecting backyards, ready to pounce!

kpac
23rd August 2007, 03:02 PM
think you're talking about the 3rd AP

AndyP
23rd August 2007, 03:07 PM
Why's that, K-man? I was just making a general arkitekcha statement.

kpac
23rd August 2007, 04:34 PM
Cause the 3rd is that hole on the far right of that picture - and is indeed a dog turd of a hole.

Jarro
23rd August 2007, 04:38 PM
The whole course looks like a dog turd to me :p

kpac
23rd August 2007, 04:40 PM
snob

Jarro
23rd August 2007, 04:44 PM
:lol:

markTHEblake
23rd August 2007, 04:50 PM
geez, blakey... who are you? Jamie Durie(sp?) hoverying over unsuspecting backyards, ready to pounce!

whoooooosh! :smt102 never heard of Boonah thats all.

Kpac- do you have an affinity with Boonah GC. Its a bit of a hike but I love the country courses. If you wanna organise an Ozg day out there, I'd come. The track looks good.

markTHEblake
23rd August 2007, 04:56 PM
and if you play a matchplay there, you would be finished after 5 holes.

kpac
23rd August 2007, 05:45 PM
Mate i'll organise a day out there for sure if we can ruffle up some interest. Yeah it's over an hour to get there but that's not much further than a bris track for me...
For a small town it can be pretty bloody proud of it's course!

markTHEblake
23rd August 2007, 06:40 PM
Boonah Open sounds like a great day out. Your turn to drive though.

kpac
23rd August 2007, 06:43 PM
i'll check if i'm avail.

BrisVegas
23rd August 2007, 07:21 PM
count me in for a Boonah game, as long as I got no toddler birthday parties or other parental type commitments....

peter_rs
24th August 2007, 07:30 AM
Boonah could be a bit of fun.

just a update in the last 24hr Kooralbyn have had only 10mm.

But on the other sides the Dams have had over a inich and now there are flood warning on the sunshine coast.

PeteyD
25th October 2007, 08:20 PM
Just thought I might revive this one with the champs drawing near. Couple of points to note:

Hole 2: The right Side is Lateral Water Hazard (even though it is actually just a bank down a step hill to the 16th Fairway) and the left side is OOB all the way along. 3and 4 are also surrounded with Lateral Hazards and OOB, but both run up the middle of a valley so it is not as intimidating as that sounds.
Hole 6: Has 2 routes, social is straight ahead. We will be doglegging right across the gully.
Hole 10: 200 meter water carry off the tee (mens black) but the water doesn't start for about 100m. Ladies have a drop zone on the other side of the water, rest of us have to drop and hit over the water again.
Hole 17: Water Carry Par 3 (180m I think) now has garden bed all around the lake. There is a drop zone near the social tees if you drown your ball (as AP and myself can confess to using).

AndyP
25th October 2007, 09:24 PM
There is a drop zone near the social tees if you drown your ball (as AP and myself can confess to using).Which is bare and divot heavy.

markTHEblake
25th October 2007, 10:43 PM
Hole 6: Has 2 routes, social is straight ahead. We will be doglegging right across the gully.

That gully is full of golf balls, anyone wandering down there will get bucketloads of brand new Titleists and so on.

Whats the name of that gully again? It has an interesting name

senecio
26th October 2007, 06:52 AM
Hole 17: Water Carry Par 3 (180m I think) .....

Thanks for the heads up Pete.

Now, what can I find to fill the gap between 3-wood and 3-iron.

Off to ebay I go. :)

scarfie1
26th October 2007, 07:55 AM
That gully is full of golf balls, anyone wandering down there will get bucketloads of brand new Titleists and so on.

Whats the name of that gully again? It has an interesting name

Rattlesnake Gully or something like that. I'd rather pay $2 for my new balls thanks.

kristofor
27th December 2007, 10:55 AM
what's the current condition out at Kooralbyn? I might head out for a game next week.

PeteyD
27th December 2007, 11:01 AM
Was pretty good for the champs. Greens a bit slow.

poidda
28th December 2007, 07:22 AM
It would have to be even better now with all the rain around.

kristofor
28th December 2007, 08:29 AM
excellent, Then I think a round at kooralbyn will be in store.

PeteyD
8th April 2008, 12:32 PM
Just had a peek at Google Earth, and they have updated the image. The majority of the course is now at a better resolution, although not the best one.

At least you can look at the routing of the holes now.

goughy
8th April 2008, 01:21 PM
So no one would accidentally go the wrong way on a 2 route 2 green par 4??? ;)

PeteyD
8th April 2008, 01:28 PM
what kind of retard fails to take snake gully on? ;)

Bruce
8th April 2008, 02:04 PM
Pretty much everyone on my group on the first day.

4 very different retards there.

goughy
8th April 2008, 02:05 PM
What was snake gully? I mean, Brucey is putting me into the retard category here, I wanna know why?

PeteyD
8th April 2008, 02:08 PM
The instructions in here clearly indicated go over the gully. The signs at the Tees likewise (yellow goes forward, everyone else goes right). You guys are funny!

goughy
8th April 2008, 02:10 PM
So it is the one I'm thinking of. Well, I know we all went right!

Bruce
8th April 2008, 02:23 PM
I'm including myself in the retard category there Goughy.

We weren't quite sure what the signs were talking about as you can't really see from the tee so we drove down and had a look to discover the gully and the green beyond it.

Grunt
8th April 2008, 02:29 PM
Which hole are we talking about?

PeteyD
8th April 2008, 02:33 PM
Bruce you had enough problems seeing trees mate.

The 6th.

Grunt
8th April 2008, 02:50 PM
oh ok, can you go any other way?

PeteyD
8th April 2008, 02:56 PM
Yea there is a small green off to the left for yellow tee players to avoid the carry over the gully. The yellow tees for 7 are over next to the green too.

Grunt
8th April 2008, 03:04 PM
ohh never noticed them both days.

PeteyD
17th June 2008, 01:35 PM
Are these adds for new jock straps?

BrisVegas
17th June 2008, 02:18 PM
has anyone played KV lately? How's it looking? Gotta start hoing now to get the bag setup just right for the champs....

PeteyD
17th June 2008, 02:23 PM
Might be time to organise a visit out there.

leighthebee
17th June 2008, 03:50 PM
agreed

MAZA68
29th May 2014, 07:30 PM
Any info on when the course is opening?

Gollfer69
30th May 2014, 01:09 PM
Honestly..its a shitfight.
Still officially haven;t taken over ownership and fixing the course in a half arsed way. End of year opening at best if they ever square up with the money.

MAZA68
31st May 2014, 02:06 PM
I heard they had mowed the greens but the rest of the course still unkept. You involved in any of the redo G69?.

Gollfer69
31st May 2014, 02:59 PM
The greens needed rebuilding not just mowing. Tried to make some suggestions for a wee nip and tuck but spending money isn't their go. I still hope they get their shit together though.

goughy
31st May 2014, 03:17 PM
Absolutely. Need another champs there so G69 and choppa can room together again!

MAZA68
1st June 2014, 07:54 PM
The greens needed rebuilding not just mowing. Tried to make some suggestions for a wee nip and tuck but spending money isn't their go. I still hope they get their shit together though.

Yea would be good to see it reopen

goughy
1st June 2014, 09:51 PM
Was a great champs there. Big gallery around the 18th, shaped perfectly for us to congregate to watch the finish, with a water carry for excitement. Overarm lawn bowls. Plenty of spew, and not in my room either ;). Buggies driven into trees.

Gollfer69
2nd June 2014, 09:52 AM
There has been talk of providing a wide range of accom options in the new set up.
The area on the old driving range earmarked for cheapo camping options.
Could be a Camp Champs.

Sydney Hacker
2nd June 2014, 09:57 AM
There has been talk of providing a wide range of accom options in the new set up.
The area on the old driving range earmarked for cheapo camping options.
Could be a Camp Champs.

A mate of mine and I discussed camping options at some places a while ago. A place like the Springs in Peats Ridge would benefit from that I think.

damoocow
11th January 2015, 07:49 PM
Anyone in the know about if any course work is happening? Would be a great spot for another Champs.

PeteyD
11th January 2015, 08:35 PM
The website is sort of updated. Doing stufg to the hotel etc. Not a lot of info last time I looked.

PeteyD
11th January 2015, 08:46 PM
Have heard it is dead in the water. Too much $$$ needed to fix. Sad.

aussieashley
12th January 2015, 06:29 AM
There's some recent photos over on iseek that someone has taken. Thread is in "Ask Bruce" section.

MAZA68
14th January 2015, 08:29 PM
March 2016 I heard, if there's any truth in that. Still lots of work to do going by the pics on ISG.

Jarro
15th January 2015, 06:28 AM
Looks pretty run down going by the pics on iseek :(

Such a shame, great layout, and a perfect champs venue as has been said earlier.

SundayHack
15th January 2015, 07:30 AM
Any chance of posting the pics here.

Jarro
15th January 2015, 07:43 AM
Any chance of posting the pics here.

Dunno, somebody over there might get shirty ??

SundayHack
15th January 2015, 08:15 AM
Surely they ain't copyrighted. I couldn't be bothered joining just to see some pics.

PeteyD
15th January 2015, 08:56 AM
There is a pic of work started on the 3rd green (wrongly call ed the 4th) and then later with no more done and weeds growing up through the sand. And one of 5 as well. And the hotel with a temp fence around it.

PeteyD
15th January 2015, 09:06 AM
Pics copied from iSeekGolf. These were posted by SAndy and Drinksie over there. The ones with the weeds were posted on January 10th. The earlier ones in June.

yoyo
15th January 2015, 10:47 AM
Looks in better nick than a few public goat tracks i have played over the years

markTHEblake
15th January 2015, 12:26 PM
From comments I have heard over the years, that looks like a massave improvement.

Eag's
16th January 2015, 09:14 PM
Pity, I used to really enjoy play KV :(

Hux
17th January 2015, 08:11 AM
Its a pretty setting still for sure. Shame I never got there.

Jarro
17th January 2015, 08:19 AM
Best Champs venue ever !!

990B Luva
17th January 2015, 09:26 PM
Worst sleeping arrangements for a champs ever. I should have organised that before someone handed me a drink! Back in the days I was on a 0 limit and couldn't drive home, just to return the next day.

MAZA68
20th January 2015, 09:34 AM
There is a pic of work started on the 3rd green (wrongly call ed the 4th) and then later with no more done and weeds growing up through the sand. And one of 5 as well. And the hotel with a temp fence around it. Looks like some of the bunkers at gold coast country club at present.

damoocow
30th October 2015, 05:44 AM
Apparently resort reopens in February 2016. Has anyone heard when the course will be ready? Champs 2016???

PeteyD
30th October 2015, 05:51 AM
Last I heard the golf course was requiring much work, more than the purchasers or prospective purchaser had expected.

aussieashley
31st October 2015, 08:18 PM
Apparently resort reopens in February 2016. Has anyone heard when the course will be ready? Champs 2016???

I got the impression from this that the golf course is opening Feb 16, but like PeteyD said apparently the course needs a lot of work.

Lagerlover
31st October 2015, 08:53 PM
Oooh, a Phil Scott designed putting green

PeteyD
1st November 2015, 07:21 AM
Fingers crossed. Champs venue 2016.

benno_r
1st November 2015, 07:39 AM
Fingers crossed. Champs venue 2016.
It's now on the candidates list.

PeteyD
1st November 2015, 07:42 AM
Investigation weekend early march I think.

Hutchy
1st November 2015, 10:20 AM
Has been purchased (again) and think, they are building a link road through to boonah so will be 15 min drive. I will believe it when I see it.

3Puttpete
1st November 2015, 12:04 PM
Has been purchased (again) and think, they are building a link road through to boonah so will be 15 min drive. I will believe it when I see it.

A sealed road in Boonah? Same

MAZA68
1st November 2015, 01:38 PM
http://www.ramada-kooralbyn-valley.com.au/

Shreko
1st November 2015, 04:12 PM

I am in for the investigative round/s. Only 25 mins drive for me!!!!

goughy
1st November 2015, 04:31 PM
Gotta get into that gold fish feeding!! Yeah.

Daves
1st November 2015, 04:42 PM
Or we could buy our own! The Smith estate is up for sale;

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-residential+land-qld-carbrook-201274993

damoocow
1st November 2015, 08:48 PM

Stay and play or just play?

PeteyD
1st November 2015, 08:51 PM
Would depend on cost but stay and play might be the go

PeteyD
1st November 2015, 08:51 PM
Looks like a spa thing is happening to keep the boss happy

goughy
2nd November 2015, 06:13 AM
So that means stay and play is the winner?

spanner039
2nd November 2015, 07:22 AM
Champs and polo winner double on the cards

timah!
22nd January 2016, 08:54 PM
http://www.ramada-kooralbyn-valley.com.au/

Whoops, saw this was already posted.

Lagerlover
22nd January 2016, 09:46 PM
So it's $48 mon-fri except public holidays, and $48 sat-sun and public holidays..

benno_r
22nd January 2016, 09:50 PM
So it's $48 mon-fri except public holidays, and $48 sat-sun and public holidays..

Weekends look like a good bargain!

Lagerlover
22nd January 2016, 09:54 PM
So it's $48 mon-fri except public holidays, and $48 sat-sun and pulic holidays..

Sorry, typo.

I'd go on the pulic holidays, for even more value.

Jarro
23rd January 2016, 06:37 AM
I wonder how good the condition of the course is though ?
$48 isn't a bad deal if it's decent nick.

AndyP
23rd January 2016, 08:14 AM
How much is it, if it isn't Mon-Fri, Sat-Sun, or a public holiday?

Lagerlover
23rd January 2016, 02:22 PM
How much is it, if it isn't Mon-Fri, Sat-Sun, or a public holiday? Just rang the pro shop, he's getting back to me.

Daves
8th February 2016, 07:39 PM
Anyone heard anymore?. According to the Ad in GD it was supposed to be re-opening last Friday?

Daves
8th February 2016, 07:44 PM
Anyone heard anymore?. According to the Ad in GD it was supposed to be re-opening last Friday?

The Ramada Website is saying the resort is now opening on 18th March.:roll: The new owner is so full of it, I won't believe it to it actually happens.

Moe Norman
9th February 2016, 09:41 AM
my folks live out that way and my dad works at Kooralbyn School.

This is great news!

goughy
11th February 2016, 11:13 AM
Wonder if they still allow overarm lawn bowls on the bowling green?

Daves
11th February 2016, 11:16 AM

Did they ever?

PeteyD
11th February 2016, 11:28 AM
Oh you didn't make the champs there Dave, was a fun night.

goughy
11th February 2016, 01:27 PM
Leah started a few crazes that night!

Jarro
11th February 2016, 04:57 PM

.. or cartwheels

Grunt
11th February 2016, 05:09 PM
Overarm bowling rules!!

Lagerlover
11th February 2016, 05:31 PM
...sounds like a wild old night.

Eag's
11th February 2016, 05:55 PM
Oh you didn't make the champs there Dave, was a fun night.

Indeed it was, shenanigans all round ;)

Leah started a few crazes that night!

I think she still pops the odd cartwheel these days :)
I can't remember, is that the year we got into trouble with management about the noise down in the BBQ area?

markTHEblake
11th February 2016, 06:09 PM
I can't remember, is that the year we got into trouble with management about the noise down in the BBQ area?
We only went there once! How much were you drinkin?

Eag's
11th February 2016, 06:23 PM
We only went there once! How much were you drinkin?

Really? Bugger me, looks like dementia is hitting me early :(

goughy
11th February 2016, 06:42 PM

Yes, but I'm pretty sure it was other ozg'ers lodging the complaint! And I don't think it was disturbing their sleep....

benno_r
28th March 2016, 11:17 AM
Any updates on this?

Might be heading down that way for a relatives visit, and if I can spare some time, want to know if it is worth the drive out there yet?

Daves
28th March 2016, 11:25 AM
Any updates on this?

Might be heading down that way for a relatives visit, and if I can spare some time, want to know if it is worth the drive out there yet?

The Ramada website is now saying the resort is opening on 29th April (previously it was supposed to be this weekend). The guy who owns it is a total real estate spiv, so it could be months yet, if at all.

990B Luva
28th March 2016, 12:27 PM
Last I was out there in Late December, there was no hope the course or resort was anywhere near opening. Would be awesome to have it open again, and another Champs happen there.

Charger
29th March 2016, 07:02 PM
I heard a first hand report from a bloke who was down there on the weekend. He said it looks a long way away from being ready.

aussieashley
2nd May 2016, 11:34 AM
The Ramada website is now saying the resort is opening on 29th April (previously it was supposed to be this weekend). The guy who owns it is a total real estate spiv, so it could be months yet, if at all. This keeps getting pushed back. Website now saying opening 1st June.

Hux
31st May 2016, 07:30 AM
According to today's courier mail 31/5/16. Course opens tomorrow

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Steve57
31st May 2016, 06:31 PM
Playing there on Saturday and attending the official opening on Sunday as a member of the SEQDGA Management Committee.

PeteyD
31st May 2016, 06:57 PM
Look forward to your report!

Steve57
31st May 2016, 07:36 PM
Look forward to your report!
Happy to do so.
Looking forward to reacquainting myself with a formerly great track!

Daves
1st June 2016, 06:40 AM
Happy to do so.

Looking forward to reacquainting myself with a formerly great track!

I will also be looking forward to your report Steve. Also interested in the Accommodation situation?

Steve57
1st June 2016, 07:18 AM
I will also be looking forward to your report Steve. Also interested in the Accommodation situation?
We are staying there on Saturday night so will include that in my report.

3Puttpete
1st June 2016, 07:19 AM
You might want to suggest they let someone older than 10 have a crack at their website

Steve57
1st June 2016, 07:22 AM
You might want to suggest they let someone older than 10 have a crack at their website
I know what you mean!

Steve57
1st June 2016, 09:12 AM
We are staying there on Saturday night so will include that in my report.

Update:

Course is open today but Hotel/Resort still requires some work to meet Ramadas standards so accommodation is out and official opening is off on Sunday!
We are still playing the course on Saturday so will send a report after that for those interested.

goughy
1st June 2016, 09:35 AM
Having had a very successful champs there in 07, I reckon there's some interest.

Hux
1st June 2016, 02:01 PM
Update:

Course is open today but Hotel/Resort still requires some work to meet Ramadas standards so accommodation is out and official opening is off on Sunday!
We are still playing the course on Saturday so will send a report after that for those interested.

Take some pics please

3Puttpete
1st June 2016, 02:14 PM
Take some pics please

He said they're not staying the night

Lagerlover
1st June 2016, 04:52 PM
Hahahahahahaha

Daves
1st June 2016, 05:35 PM
Update:

That doesn't surprise me at all. It will be about the 5th time the opening date has been put back since, I think, November last year.

Jarro
1st June 2016, 05:40 PM
Keen to hear about the condition of the course.

It was a great layout in its day, hopefully they've done it justice.

Steve57
2nd June 2016, 10:36 AM
Sorry guys but no review this weekend.
With the rain that is forecast for Saturday, the others that I was down to play with have bailed!!

Daves
17th June 2016, 08:34 AM
Anyone know whether the course actually opened? The website is saying it did, and the Resort reopened on 23rd June!!! The Delorean must be working!

Steve57
17th June 2016, 08:35 AM
Anyone know whether the course actually opened? The website is saying it did, and the Resort reopened on 23rd June!!! The Delorean must be working!
First Copperhead was held last Thursday.
Course is in reasonable condition according to a mate who played.

PeteyD
17th June 2016, 09:16 AM
Nice. Time to sort out a thursday off

Jarro
17th June 2016, 03:08 PM
Let's get the QLD champs back there 👍😎

aussieashley
7th July 2016, 08:47 PM
http://crazygolfdeals.com.au/deal/queensland/opening-special-18-holes-for-two-with-a-motorised-cart-at-kooralbyn-valley-golf-club

$49 for 2 players with a cart

shazza_rs
11th July 2016, 07:11 PM
https://instagram.com/p/BHtROcoAaY1/

Aussie golf reviewer has had a recent trip to Kooralbyn. Here's one of their Instagram vids.

Daves
25th July 2016, 06:35 PM
https://instagram.com/p/BHtROcoAaY1/

Aussie golf reviewer has had a recent trip to Kooralbyn. Here's one of their Instagram vids.

A couple more Vids. The old girl is looking pretty good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqrjyGwUjhM&list=TLNqy6cYDmUnkyNTA3MjAxNg& index=2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oUEgVVm91s&list=TLNqy6cYDmUnkyNTA3MjAxNg& index=3

Shreko
25th July 2016, 07:48 PM
Having recently played in the Copperhead I can honestly say that the course is getting back to really good condition, They are doing improvements every week and is still a great layout.

benno_r
25th July 2016, 08:04 PM
Having recently played in the Copperhead I can honestly say that the course is getting back to really good condition, They are doing improvements every week and is still a great layout.

Having only seen the videos, greens and bunkers look like they are coming along. Are the tee / fairways still paddock grass, or is it "golf" grass (for lack of a better term)?

Jarro
26th July 2016, 12:31 PM
A couple more Vids. The old girl is looking pretty good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqrjyGwUjhM&list=TLNqy6cYDmUnkyNTA3MjAxNg& index=2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oUEgVVm91s&list=TLNqy6cYDmUnkyNTA3MjAxNg& index=3
Thanks for that Dave ... great vids 👍

PeteyD
26th July 2016, 12:57 PM
Nice work on 17 cleaning it up.

Jarro
26th July 2016, 01:40 PM
Nice work on 17 cleaning it up.
What a bitch of a par 3 😲

PeteyD
26th July 2016, 01:54 PM
I think it was more intimidating when they first built it with the sleeper wall. Still a bastard of a hole.

Shreko
26th July 2016, 09:08 PM
Having only seen the videos, greens and bunkers look like they are coming along. Are the tee / fairways still paddock grass, or is it "golf" grass (for lack of a better term)?

Hey Benny,

Most of the fairways are "golf grass" as per normal Kikuyu ? fairways are meant to be, They still have a couple that are scratchy but they have GURed most of the bad spots,

Greens bar 1 or 2 holes are fantastic

benno_r
27th July 2016, 07:27 AM
Hey Benny,

Most of the fairways are "golf grass" as per normal Kikuyu ? fairways are meant to be, They still have a couple that are scratchy but they have GURed most of the bad spots,

Greens bar 1 or 2 holes are fantastic
That's great to hear, I reckon I'll give it a few more months, make sure it's tip top to justify a 4.5hr drive.

Shreko
27th July 2016, 06:06 PM
Let me know when ur down and I will book in with ya

benno_r
27th July 2016, 06:27 PM
Let me know when ur down and I will book in with ya

Will do mate. Will need all the local knowledge I can get!

PeteyD
28th July 2016, 05:57 AM
Am keen to take a day off and head out for a copperhead. Probably wait until it warms up a bit.

Jarro
28th July 2016, 07:53 AM
Am keen to take a day off and head out for a copperhead. Probably wait until it warms up a bit.
Likewise

PeteyD
28th July 2016, 09:09 AM
http://crazygolfdeals.com.au/deal/queensland/opening-special-18-holes-for-two-with-a-motorised-cart-at-kooralbyn-valley-golf-club-31c7c15f-2447-48a1-825d-a33dabe9fc3d?utm_source=MadMimi&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Port+Kembla+GC+%7C+Eastern+Sward+GC+%7 C+Kooralbyn+Valley+GC+%7C+Bunbury+GC+%7C+Victor+Ha rbor+GC+%26+More%21&utm_campaign=20160727_m133186287_CGD+AU+28th+July+ 2016&utm_term=btn-01_png

S (http://crazygolfdeals.com.au/deal/queensland/opening-special-18-holes-for-two-with-a-motorised-cart-at-kooralbyn-valley-golf-club-31c7c15f-2447-48a1-825d-a33dabe9fc3d?utm_source=MadMimi&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Port+Kembla+GC+%7C+Eastern+Sward+GC+%7 C+Kooralbyn+Valley+GC+%7C+Bunbury+GC+%7C+Victor+Ha rbor+GC+%26+More%21&utm_campaign=20160727_m133186287_CGD+AU+28th+July+ 2016&utm_term=btn-01_png)pecial for KV if the link works.

Jarro
28th July 2016, 12:05 PM
http://crazygolfdeals.com.au/deal/queensland/opening-special-18-holes-for-two-with-a-motorised-cart-at-kooralbyn-valley-golf-club-31c7c15f-2447-48a1-825d-a33dabe9fc3d?utm_source=MadMimi&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Port+Kembla+GC+%7C+Eastern+Sward+GC+%7 C+Kooralbyn+Valley+GC+%7C+Bunbury+GC+%7C+Victor+Ha rbor+GC+%26+More%21&utm_campaign=20160727_m133186287_CGD+AU+28th+July+ 2016&utm_term=btn-01_png

S (http://crazygolfdeals.com.au/deal/queensland/opening-special-18-holes-for-two-with-a-motorised-cart-at-kooralbyn-valley-golf-club-31c7c15f-2447-48a1-825d-a33dabe9fc3d?utm_source=MadMimi&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Port+Kembla+GC+%7C+Eastern+Sward+GC+%7 C+Kooralbyn+Valley+GC+%7C+Bunbury+GC+%7C+Victor+Ha rbor+GC+%26+More%21&utm_campaign=20160727_m133186287_CGD+AU+28th+July+ 2016&utm_term=btn-01_png)pecial for KV if the link works.
Link works fine, thanks Pedro 👍

Great deal.

Daves
2nd August 2016, 09:07 AM
A few more Kooralbyn Review videos;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l11M0WGWsw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsd1QPzri5Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh8SSmxw7W8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXzJ50vhlbA

Hatchman
3rd August 2016, 12:36 AM
Is the course as good as it looks in the pics?

Grunt
3rd August 2016, 06:08 AM
Is the course as good as it looks in the pics?

Was pretty good when we used it as a champs venue. Looks to be in as good if not better condition now by those videos.

damoocow
3rd August 2016, 06:42 AM
Was pretty good when we used it as a champs venue. Looks to be in as good if not better condition now by those videos.

I was thinking the opposite, looks a bit rough to me, but that wouldn't stop me from going back - cracker of a layout.

PeteyD
3rd August 2016, 07:16 AM
The layout is great. It can suffer from condition issues and sitting dormant may not have helped. Need to get there and have a look.

Jarro
3rd August 2016, 08:46 AM
From the videos you can see they've installed irrigation there... so looks like it wouldn't take too long for the place to come good condition wise.

Daves
9th August 2016, 09:27 AM
Final Video instalments from Al Staines and co;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kRseH_fTio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMCPrXi9nxU

backintheswing
5th September 2016, 07:25 PM
I played the course today and was pleasantly surprised. I was a member there in the mid 90's and played pennants there a lot from 95 to 2001. I would have played 50 copperheads there I would imagine.

11 out of 18 of the greens are in mint condition. The remaining 7 should improve over the coming months. All greens were rebuilt starting in June last year. A few of the greens that are not in the best nick were washed out after heavy rain just after they were sowed with sprigs of turf.

We played it off the far back copperhead tees, and it is an enormous challenge still. About 5 or 6 par 4's over 400m long, makes for an interesting day.

They are using preferred lie still on the fairways. The grass is not lush on the fairways, but it never was. Fairway irrigation has been installed, so I'm expecting the fairways to improve quickly as well. All bunkers have the thickest white sand, and when I go back I will be taking a high bounce sand wedge as the 4* bounce didn't cut it today.

All in all, I was actually surprised at how good it is. I will be going back on September 29 for the copperhead. I will put up a thread in a couple of weeks time.

Steve57
5th September 2016, 07:42 PM
I played the course today and was pleasantly surprised. I was a member there in the mid 90's and played pennants there a lot from 95 to 2001. I would have played 50 copperheads there I would imagine.

11 out of 18 of the greens are in mint condition. The remaining 7 should improve over the coming months. All greens were rebuilt starting in June last year. A few of the greens that are not in the best nick were washed out after heavy rain just after they were sowed with sprigs of turf.

We played it off the far back copperhead tees, and it is an enormous challenge still. About 5 or 6 par 4's over 400m long, makes for an interesting day.

They are using preferred lie still on the fairways. The grass is not lush on the fairways, but it never was. Fairway irrigation has been installed, so I'm expecting the fairways to improve quickly as well. All bunkers have the thickest white sand, and when I go back I will be taking a high bounce sand wedge as the 4* bounce didn't cut it today.

All in all, I was actually surprised at how good it is. I will be going back on September 29 for the copperhead. I will put up a thread in a couple of weeks time.
Pencil me in Ash!

Jarro
6th September 2016, 10:44 AM

Thanks for the report mate [emoji106]

Courty
6th September 2016, 03:59 PM
Good to hear it's making a comeback. Some good memories from our Champs there.

Blackhelmo
6th September 2016, 08:31 PM
I haven't read the whole thread , is the resort reopened????

Shreko
6th September 2016, 09:30 PM
I haven't read the whole thread , is the resort reopened????

Yes fully operational and they are offering great stay and play packages,

I am pretty lucky as I am only 35 mins away.

markTHEblake
10th November 2016, 12:07 AM
Looking at google maps, the course layout seems to have reverted to the original routing for 1 (par 4) & 18 (par 5) thus abandoning the stupid 18th green next to the swimming pool.
And they seem to have built a driving range in front of that now unused green.

https://goo.gl/maps/jyR8jKj7LKG2

43438 (https://goo.gl/maps/jyR8jKj7LKG2)

PeteyD
10th November 2016, 06:24 AM
I hope this is the case. The routing ruined both those holes.

backintheswing
10th November 2016, 06:45 AM
Yes 1 and 18 are back to a 4 and 5 respectively. The course is how I played it as a member there in the mid 90's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndyP
10th November 2016, 06:49 AM
Making Kooralbyn Great Again

shazza_rs
10th November 2016, 06:55 AM
Crazy golf deals have the following sale on at the moment

http://crazygolfdeals.com.au/deals/queensland?affiliate_code=adwords&gclid=CNOO4KnHnNACFQJ8vQodNs8O1A

$219 for accommodation and unlimited golf.

backintheswing
10th November 2016, 07:03 AM
When I played in September, crazy golf deals had a voucher for golf for 2 with cart for $49.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve57
10th November 2016, 07:27 AM
Playing there on 4 Dec, can't wait!

damoocow
10th November 2016, 09:06 AM
Crazy golf deals have the following sale on at the moment

http://crazygolfdeals.com.au/deals/queensland?affiliate_code=adwords&gclid=CNOO4KnHnNACFQJ8vQodNs8O1A

$219 for accommodation and unlimited golf.

Thanks Shaz - that is a bargain

markTHEblake
10th November 2016, 01:25 PM
I hope this is the case. The routing ruined both those holes.
It was a good idea to try to make the 18th a better finishing hole, I dont mind the green but obviously the hole was too long and the dam in the way. Its as if the green was done first and the rest an afterthought.

Not the first change for the 18th hole here.
- the original course design was for the current 15th to be the 18th hole with clubhouse behind the green.
- the first tournament played there (maybe a QLD open) and the Par 3 17th was used as the 18th hole, probably because it was a better spot for viewing stands.

PeteyD
10th November 2016, 02:31 PM
Yes the 15th was the original 18th, and 16 was 1. And to be honest the current 18th is a fairly weak hole. And I agree with the rerouted 18th. It could have been a good hole.

dc68
13th November 2016, 08:55 PM
Good to hear it's making a comeback. Some good memories from our Champs there. The full moon was the best.

Courty
16th November 2016, 11:19 AM
The full moon was the best.

There were many...

Choppa not making his Sunday tee time
Lawn bowls
Bruce vs. the palm tree

Jarro
16th November 2016, 02:56 PM
Lawn bowls was pretty cool

goughy
16th November 2016, 04:20 PM
Bet the didn't see overarm very often there!

Jarro
16th November 2016, 05:26 PM
Bet the didn't see overarm very often there!

or cartwheels !!

dc68
16th November 2016, 08:45 PM
So is champs there next year? I may make a comeback!!

markTHEblake
17th November 2016, 07:28 AM
Please wear a belt.

BrisVegas
18th November 2016, 01:40 PM
So is champs there next year? I may make a comeback!!
Me too!

AndyP
18th November 2016, 01:45 PM
The Qld Champs have been proposed to be in Cairns in 2017.

Toxic
18th November 2016, 02:05 PM
The Qld Champs have been proposed to be in Cairns in 2017. Paradise Palms?

AndyP
18th November 2016, 02:21 PM
Paradise Palms?
That seems likely as one course, but I don't think anything has been locked in.

damoocow
26th November 2016, 06:53 PM
The Qld Champs have been proposed to be in Cairns in 2017.

Has anyone proposed a possible month for the Champs?

benno_r
26th November 2016, 07:04 PM
Yes, details not far off

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

damoocow
26th November 2016, 07:26 PM
Yes, details not far off

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Is there anything you don't have your fingers in?

3Puttpete
26th November 2016, 07:52 PM
TWSS

Lagerlover
26th November 2016, 08:01 PM
Hahahahahahaha

benno_r
26th November 2016, 08:36 PM
Is there anything you don't have your fingers in?

Is this a trick question?

damoocow
26th December 2016, 10:53 PM
Quote Originally Posted by damoocow View Post
Yes, details not far off

Any update?

3Puttpete
14th April 2017, 01:06 PM
My first visit there this morning and I'm impressed. Course is in pretty good condition. Fairways and greens are nice. Tees are a little raggedy but didn't cause any trouble.

Cart paths are ordinary but that's probably the worst thing I can say about it.

The bloke in the pro shop was welcoming and happy to see a couple of visitors. They're looking at a pro-am in October and golf Queensland has expressed some interest in holding a tournament there in a couple of years.

I can see why it's a favourite champs venue.

goughy
15th April 2017, 07:30 AM
Yeah, it was pretty tops for the champs. Where else can you have over arm lawn bowls and people too sick to make their Sunday tee time!

aussieashley
27th August 2017, 03:21 PM
http://ramadaresortkooralbynvalley.com.au/golf/pro-am/

I'll probably be at work but for anyone else interested there's a Pro-Am on Tues 3rd and Wed 4th Oct. $85pp including lunch.

benno_r
27th August 2017, 03:50 PM
Any update on current conditions after winter?

MAZA68
28th August 2017, 06:41 PM
Brisbane River Golf Course as a sponsor, is that the new course going in at Cannon Hill?