PDA

View Full Version : Callaway X Tour wedge/Titty Spin Milled - Which spin harder?

andylo
22nd March 2007, 09:32 AM
As above. But if you find anything spin harder than above (and confronting till 2010) please post it here. Thanks :mrgreen:

Courty
22nd March 2007, 09:34 AM
I found the X-Tours spun more than anything else I have tried (including Spin Milled & RAC TP).

BrisVegas
22nd March 2007, 10:15 AM
haven't tried x-tours. Spin Milled's grab pretty strongly. So much so that they dont offer them in less than 54 degrees.

Moe Norman
22nd March 2007, 10:22 AM
The one that is stuck precisely with the correct trajectory.

I doubt one would spin more than the other, if struck perfectly by Tiger Woods / andyLo

andylo
22nd March 2007, 11:00 AM
I doubt one would spin more than the other, if struck perfectly by Tiger Woods / andyLo

Yeah right.... but thanks for the compliment :p

The one that is stuck precisely with the correct trajectory.

Can you elabotate it a little pls?

le_quiet_uno
22nd March 2007, 11:14 AM
Alo,

Have read from other forum that wedges and spin ball combo increases the spin rate but the spin rate wouldn't increase without the right technique.

I have only managed to do it right once from 50m out and thought that I skull the ball but the ball stuck on the green on first bounce.

Having said all the things above, go and try the Fourteen wedges, have heard that they spin hard when struck right. Perhaps you can give that one a try when you are in HK.

3oneday
22nd March 2007, 11:22 AM
Mizuno Chrome MP series, I found these the most confronting wedges I have used. ;)

Over to you County :lol:

Grunt
22nd March 2007, 11:58 AM
I just would love to be able to hit it correctly and put some spin on the ball consistently. I honestly dont think the club has anything to do with it. I reckon it is more to do with the bit from the grip up.

Moe Norman
22nd March 2007, 12:30 PM
Can you elabotate it a little pls? Any decent wedge will spin sufficiently if you hit it well. The milled faces are a gimmick that only work if the ball isn't sufficiently compressed at impact.

gazgolf1
22nd March 2007, 07:40 PM
X-Tours.

McCoy
22nd March 2007, 08:05 PM
l don't see Andy keeping the one wedge until 2010, no matter how confronting it is.

Falcon
23rd March 2007, 03:48 PM
X-tours by an absolute mile!

Spin milled just scuff the ball... the X-tour shred it!

freddy a
1st April 2007, 06:06 PM
I agree the xtour spin the ball way more, also the x tour in my opinion have a nicer feel being a forged wedge vs a casting (spin milled) get the md version because it has sharper grooves.

BrisVegas
1st April 2007, 07:55 PM
what's the durability of the X-Tours like? ie. 1,2,3 seasons??