PDA

View Full Version : Trial lock down of 'cut the crap, what did you shoot' thread

goughy
12th September 2004, 07:48 PM
We want to give the 'What did you shoot this week' section a chance to get going and see if it's gonna work. We're hoping that it will keep things neater and mean specific posts will be easier to find than when looking through a topic some 800 posts long.

That being the case, we're gonna lock down the 'cut the crap, what did you shoot thread for a while to see how this one goes.

Thanks all

Goughy

Jono
13th September 2004, 07:31 PM
Hey Goughy,

I see where you are coming from, but it's kinda cool to keep a thread going ... and going, and going ... On the GEA (golf equipment afficionados) site, they've got a thread that is now over 12000 posts long. :shock:

http://forums.prospero.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=golfequip&msg=113636.1

"Cut the crap" thread is by far the longest thread that we have and it would be kinda "neat" (for want of a better word) to keep that going. A new section organised into week by week threads seems well thought out, but it loses the appeal of contributing to a mega-long thread such as "cut the crap". There's history behind "cut the crap". Who knows? It may grow into a legend. Do we really need a systematic, organised section devoted to cataloging how crap we play? :wink:

Anyway, I'll cut the crap ... Just my humble opinion ... :D

Fishman Dan
26th September 2004, 08:08 PM
I've gotta admit, i've been less inclined to read how you guys are going in the new weekly threads. I liked the old method of the single thread...

Did i mention i played today - first time in 8 weeks :?

BrisVegas
26th September 2004, 08:09 PM
I'm with you Fishy. I want the mega-thread back. :)