PDA

View Full Version : Anzac Day - Coffs_Hacker Vs Virgal_Tracy, Mac Links, 10:30a

Coffs_Hacker
21st March 2007, 01:12 PM
No Time or course set yet but this will be a AM game on anzac day. After looking at the open days a few suggestions could be

Maq Links 10:30

Here are the results

1. TS - 36 on CB
2. CoffsHacker - 36
3. Jimandr - 30
4. Virgil Tracy - 23
5. Burger - 21
6. Amanda - a few

Coffs_hacker def Virgil 4 and 3

Coffs_Hacker
21st March 2007, 01:14 PM
And NO jim not Canarvon :smt093

andylo
21st March 2007, 02:18 PM
And NO jim not Canarvon :smt093

Just cruious why?

Virgal_Tracy
21st March 2007, 02:53 PM
I haven't played Cabramatta but Andrew can give us his thoughts on that. I would only suggest that we cross Riverwood of the list as that really isn't the course you would travel 700kms to play.

Any of the others are suitable, again depending on where you are staying and how far you want to travel.

poidda
21st March 2007, 02:53 PM
curiosity killed your cat!

andylo
21st March 2007, 03:05 PM
curiosity killed your cat!

That would be frigging great. I don't have to clean up poops again! :mrgreen:

jimandr
21st March 2007, 08:54 PM
Just cruious why?

For Andy's benefit, Coffs has made enormous efforts to get to Sydney two years in a row, but both times it has been a Tuesday, so we've played Carnarvon.

I think he wants to play somewhere else.

If it is definitely Anzac Day, almost every course in Sydney will have a comp. Lots of them will be either Open Days or invitation, so there are lots of courses to choose from.

If Coffs is staying overnight at Chipping Norton, Bankstown would be a very good option.

I'm free that day, so I'll keep my eye open for a definite time and venue, and join you.

Grunt
21st March 2007, 08:56 PM
I am free for a very early tee time. Have to be home by 12:30 to look after Tayla, Rachelle is working Anzac Day.

TS
21st March 2007, 08:57 PM
Jim. I would like to join you guys for a game. Why don't we go and play the Open Comp at Macquarie Link.

Coffs_Hacker
21st March 2007, 11:49 PM
I'd be happy with Cambletown or Maquarie Link. My wife would like to meet up with friends at hoxton park, past liverpool while i play. At least 2 groups would be nice.

1. CoffsHacker
2. Virgil Tracy
3. Jimandr (pending time and place)
4. Grunt
5. TS

jimandr
22nd March 2007, 12:07 AM
This is Coffs and Virgal's game, so it is their choice of time and venue, not mine.

However, I'm all in favour of a Macquarie Links game. Count me in.

Virgal_Tracy
22nd March 2007, 10:55 AM
I'm happy to play either course. Never played Ma.c Links and haven't played Campbelltown in 15 years. Craig, I live in Liverpool if you need transport from Hoxton Park. Jim and Grant are also close.

If you're up for the extra cost then I'm happy with Mac Links.

For those who have played there, what's the booking procedure?

Who else is up for a game? If TS can travel that far surely there are a few others who can make the effort (if we can get multiple groups on of course).

Is it time to bring out jono's shame file again?

Grunt
22nd March 2007, 10:57 AM
Not sure if Mac Links will have it's open day on as it is a public holiday. It may require a phone call to confirm.

mikezone13
22nd March 2007, 10:59 AM
Count me in guys...at this stage.. pending any last minute changes.

1. CoffsHacker
2. Virgil Tracy
4. Grunt
5. TS
6. mikezone13

TS
22nd March 2007, 11:05 AM
Not sure if Mac Links will have it's open day on as it is a public holiday. It may require a phone call to confirm.

I just rang them and they said it is an Open Day as normal.

Grunt
22nd March 2007, 11:55 AM
1. CoffsHacker
2. Virgil Tracy
4. Grunt(pencil) depends on tee time/place, need early tee time close to home
5. TS
6. mikezone13

TS
22nd March 2007, 12:10 PM
1. CoffsHacker
2. Virgil Tracy
4. Grunt(pencil) depends on tee time/place
5. TS (pending time and place)
6. mikezone13

Trung
24th March 2007, 10:13 AM
Grant said after our game at MacLinks that it is an easy course and 45 points can be scored if you know your way around.

I'm keen to see if Grant's can back it up with 36 points.

1. CoffsHacker
2. Virgil Tracy
6. mikezone13
7. Trung (late tee time, Mac Links preferred)

TS
24th March 2007, 05:46 PM
Grant said after our game at MacLinks that it is an easy course and 45 points can be scored if you know your way around.

I'm keen to see if Grant's can back it up with 36 points.

1. CoffsHacker
2. Virgil Tracy
6. mikezone13

Trung. You can have the privilege of marking Grunt's card on the day.

Grunt
24th March 2007, 06:36 PM
Sorry to put rain on your parade but my name is in pencil and is in fact that light it is probably in 6H, very low chance of me making it.

burger
25th March 2007, 11:15 AM
Count me in too . . . .

1. CoffsHacker
2. Virgil Tracy
6. mikezone13
8. Burger - Mac Links preferred.

stu

Jono
25th March 2007, 04:09 PM
I'm in too. Macquarie Links sounds good. 8)

I don't mind morning tee time as long as it's not too early.

1. CoffsHacker
2. Virgil Tracy
6. mikezone13
9. Jono - another vote for Mac Links

TS
27th March 2007, 12:00 PM
1. CoffsHacker
2. Virgil Tracy
5. TS (late tee time, Mac Links preferred)
6. mikezone13
9. Jono - another vote for Mac Links
10. Amanda (Mac Links)
11. Brad (Mac Links)

Grunt
27th March 2007, 01:26 PM
Shouldn't Craig & Vince be deciding where their match is played?

jimandr
27th March 2007, 09:33 PM
If they want to play somewhere else, good luck to them, but there is so much support for a Macquarie Links game that we should go there anyway.

Having said that, it would be a shame for the Match to take place without a gallery, when a gallery is available.

I'm confident CH and VT will agree with the venue.

However, I do note a few votes for a late tee time, while in the first post Coffs indicates it will be a morning game. Maybe we have a morning group and a much later morning group.

There's still almost a month to work this out, so no need to worry yet.

TS
27th March 2007, 09:50 PM
Shouldn't Craig & Vince be deciding where their match is played?

Why? Isn't it better for us to tell them where they can play!

Grunt
28th March 2007, 06:28 AM
Why? Isn't it better for us to tell them where they can play!

I guess that is the norm around here.

Jono
28th March 2007, 06:43 AM
I guess that is the norm around here.

:? :? :?

Any takers or suggestions.

I'd be happy with Cambletown or Maquarie Link.

I'm happy to play either course. Never played Ma.c Links and haven't played Campbelltown in 15 years. Craig, I live in Liverpool if you need transport from Hoxton Park. Jim and Grant are also close.

If you're up for the extra cost then I'm happy with Mac Links.

For those who have played there, what's the booking procedure?

Who else is up for a game? If TS can travel that far surely there are a few others who can make the effort (if we can get multiple groups on of course).

It sounds very much like Craig and Vince are open for suggestions and are very agreeable to having the match at Mac Links. We're just voicing our preferences.

Grunt
28th March 2007, 06:52 AM
As it looks to be that we are looking at a mid morning/lunchtime tee time I will be out of this one. As I have to be home by 12:30 to mind Tayla. Tee time later than 8am was not going to work for me. Have fun all.

1. CoffsHacker
2. Virgil Tracy
4. TS (late tee time, Mac Links preferred)
5. mikezone13
6. Trung (late tee time, Mac Links preferred)
7. Burger - Mac Links preferred.
8. Jono - another vote for Mac Links
9. Amanda (Mac Links)
10. Brad (Mac Links)

Trung
28th March 2007, 10:36 AM
1. CoffsHacker
2. Virgil Tracy
5. mikezone13
6. Trung (no public holiday for me, anytime after 8am is good)
9. Amanda (Mac Links)
10. Brad (Mac Links)

amanda
28th March 2007, 10:51 AM
Brad is out - on call for a new IT system that goes live that week globally.

1. CoffsHacker
2. Virgil Tracy
5. mikezone13
6. Trung (no public holiday for me, anytime after 8am is good)
9. Amanda (Mac Links)

Coffs_Hacker
30th March 2007, 12:06 PM
Virgil will be trying to book 3 groups sometime soon - will try and get at time around 10:30-11:00 at Mac Links :D

So all we nee now is 3 more - For the motivation

McCoy - You can no longer use "settling into a new city" as an excuse. Get your butt out here and mingle.

Serz - "The Quiet Ho". Time to speak out and get some sledging happening on the course.

Kwantfm - Leave the baby with the Mrs and show us the latest gear in your stable. I would particularly like to see how the heavy shaft driver performs.

Rick3003 - Take a breather from your ho'ing and play a game with us. I know you've got game, so show us what you've got.

3oneday - Come out of your self imposed exile and mingle with your customers. BTW, I'll bomb it by you all day.

Pinglaunch and jnr - I'd be keen to see what driver you turn up with. Probably some 12 degree high launching head at the end of a lady flex shaft.

Andrew and Grunt - I know you guys play on weekdays

Miro (and Mrs Miro) - the self confessed golf yuppies. I trust Mac Links meets your standards. Would love to see you guys out there again.

Grunt
30th March 2007, 01:30 PM
Sorry cant do, have fun all.

Virgal_Tracy
3rd April 2007, 11:10 AM
Alright guys and girls. 3 groups booked at Macquarie Links 10:30, 10:40 and 10:50. Craig can change the title soon to represent this.

Still have 3 places to fill. Any takers?

amanda
3rd April 2007, 11:14 AM
Thanks Virgal for making the booking :) Looking forward to the day.

mikezone13
3rd April 2007, 11:34 AM
Magic, should be a great day.

Trung
7th April 2007, 04:00 PM
I'm not good for this game now.

1. CoffsHacker
2. Virgil Tracy
5. mikezone13
6. Burger - Mac Links preferred.
7. Jono - another vote for Mac Links
8. Amanda (Mac Links)

mikezone13
11th April 2007, 10:12 PM
Unfortunately I'm in pencil now, I've heard rumblings that our football asociation ahs scheduled a round on ANZAC day with kick offs at 1pm and 3pm. Will confirm when I hear more, hope we're not playing football as I love playing Mac Links.

1. CoffsHacker
2. Virgil Tracy
5. mikezone13 (back to pencil)
6. Burger - Mac Links preferred.
7. Jono - another vote for Mac Links
8. Amanda (Mac Links)

Virgal_Tracy
20th April 2007, 10:12 AM
Time to bring this back to the top.

Who's in and who's not?

1. CoffsHacker
2. Virgil Tracy
3. Jimandr
4. TS
5. mikezone13 (back to pencil)
6. Burger .
7. Jono
8. Amanda

Does the lack of sledging reflect the personalities of the 2 combatants? We are both laid back enough to just want to enjoy the day. Either that or not creative enough to sledge without getting into sexual sledges that may or may not have been said.

AndyP
20th April 2007, 10:14 AM
Just don't make any inappropriate comments about the tat on Coff's arm.

mikezone13
20th April 2007, 10:35 AM
Time to bring this back to the top.

Who's in and who's not?

1. CoffsHacker
2. Virgil Tracy
3. Jimandr
4. TS
5. Burger .
6. Jono
7. Amanda

Does the lack of sledging reflect the personalities of the 2 combatants? We are both laid back enough to just want to enjoy the day. Either that or not creative enough to sledge without getting into sexual sledges that may or may not have been said.

I'm out, our football association has scheduled a match on Anzac day, so unless i can play and make it back to Mosman by 12:15 I'm out... that means I'm out :(

burger
21st April 2007, 12:05 PM
I'm in . . . . definite!

Got a leave pass . . . .

yeah, I can come and play . . . .

I'm excited!

can you tell?????

There is a guy at work who would like to make up a place if we need to fill up the group.
stu.

Matt 3 Jab
22nd April 2007, 01:14 PM
Whats it cost out there for a game?

Grunt
22nd April 2007, 01:44 PM
$79 including Cart & 1 drink, Matt.

Matt 3 Jab
22nd April 2007, 02:19 PM
Wow, count me out, bit too rich for me, if i find some funds by then maybe but for now im a no

TS
23rd April 2007, 10:14 PM
I'm in . . . . definite!

Got a leave pass . . . .

yeah, I can come and play . . . .

I'm excited!

can you tell?????

There is a guy at work who would like to make up a place if we need to fill up the group.
stu.

Hi Stu

You are certainly welcome to bring someone along.

TS

amanda
24th April 2007, 05:48 AM
Fine with me stu - look forward to seeing you tomorrow.

(and thank goodness the forecast is now only "chance shower"!)

jimandr
24th April 2007, 09:10 PM
It would be a shame to waste a spot. Lets see the colour of his money. Maybe we can sign him up (unless it is Big Al - I remember him getting a matchplay mention one year).

A warning on the weather. I'm five minutes from the course, and it has rained fairly steadily for the last three hours. Could be wet tomorrow.

Jono
24th April 2007, 09:17 PM
Guys, I'm really sorry, but I'll have to pull out of this one. I was looking forward to this, but I have strained my back over the weekend moving heavy boxes. I thought I'd be right by now but when I tried to swing the golf club this evening, it wasn't pretty. I don't think I'd even be able to bunt it around ... :(

I hope you guys have fun tomorrow. 8)

amanda
25th April 2007, 07:15 AM
Hi everyone - called the club and the course is open for play.

I should be there around 10am - see you all then :)

Grunt
25th April 2007, 06:35 PM
Any Matchplay results? I know TS beat Amanda, how about the other game? Virgal v Coffs Hacker?

TS
25th April 2007, 06:36 PM
Any Matchplay results? I know TS beat Amanda, how about the other game? Virgal v Coffs Hacker?

Coffs won the match 4 & 3.

jimandr
25th April 2007, 08:16 PM
Guys, I'm really sorry, but I'll have to pull out of this one. I was looking forward to this, but I have strained my back over the weekend moving heavy boxes. I thought I'd be right by now but when I tried to swing the golf club this evening, it wasn't pretty. I don't think I'd even be able to bunt it around ... :(

I hope you guys have fun tomorrow. 8)

Funny how back injuries flare up when it is raining. (I don't really mean it, Jono).

Even though it rained for the first 8 holes, and the course was quite wet from overnight rain, I really enjoyed Macquarie Links, and I'd like to go back again. Maybe it plays easier when it is dry, but the length of the last 5 holes, was very testing. I'd hate to play them in a southerly.

I suspect it is a course that rewards local knowledge a bit. I got a few club selections wrong, and didn't have the guts to take on the creek carry on 17, despite the advice of caddy TS that it was only a carry of about 170m.

In our group of 3 Tony started poorly, but played some great fairway wood approaches, and earned a good score when his putter started working. The nicest thing I can say about Amanda's game is that the course doesn't suit her game, particularly when the wet ground stopped her topped shots from going very far at all. This doctor prescribes more golf as the best cure.

The undoubted highlight was Amanda's battle to reach the ultimate target of 8 points, then to reach double figures, and then the teens. She got to double figures with a brilliantly holed 40 footer for 7, and 1 point, on 16. Never has anyone been so excited to score a 1 pointer.

Jono
25th April 2007, 10:40 PM
Funny how back injuries flare up when it is raining. (I don't really mean it, Jono).

Is this the same guy that missed his tee time ... heh, hem ... because he slept in? :twisted: Actually Jim, if I didn't want to play because of the weather, I'd say so ... just ask TS. ;)

I told a couple of guys in the chatroom that I had done my back over the weekend lifting heavy boxes. Just moved house couple of weeks ago and still unloading/unpacking ... I'm gonna lay off golf for the next week or two. 8)

Congrats to Coffs and TS on their matchplay win.

Virgal_Tracy
26th April 2007, 09:06 AM
Craig has winged his way back to Coffs with a date to come back and play Zipptopp in the next round after his 4 & 3 win.

He certainly showed his years of hanging around Brisvegas with his first comment from my first drive encouraging it to go into the bunker.

3 consecutive pars to begin and 7 putts in the first 6 holes from Craig had me 4 dwn after 4 and 6 down after 8. All I wanted to do at this point was get past the 12 so there wouldn't be a banner produced for my benefit.

I played much more solid after the turn but Craig still finished with 26 putts for the day to effectively close me out. My par putt on the 15th to continue the match stopped short by a roll.

Macquarie Links is a great course with the back 9 better than the front especially visually. The par 3 11th is a cracker 172m par 3 with 155m of gully carry.

Well done to Craig. Very solid player that plays better than his 12 h'cap. Sledges were ordinary though. Needs to work on them a little.

Thanks to Stu and Michael for a great day despite the rain.

Coffs_Hacker
26th April 2007, 09:13 AM
Sledges were ordinary though. Needs to work on them a little.
Only 1 excuse there - jetlag :)

besides I didn't need to sledge much they way you played LOL :smt110

BrisVegas
26th April 2007, 09:42 AM
He certainly showed his years of hanging around Brisvegas with his first comment from my first drive encouraging it to go into the bunker.

moi??? surely not! :o I'm usually the sledgee in the groups I play in. :roll:

burger
26th April 2007, 10:24 PM
Another vote here for a return to Macq Links, as I too thought the course was great.
I really enjoyed the visual side of it, which was probably a good thing 'cos I saw lots of parts of it that most people probably don't get to, ummmmm, 'enjoy'. :shock:
To say my golf sucked is being kind, so a special thanks to Vince, Craig and Mike for assisting in looking for my (personal record :oops:) lost and wayward balls.

I enjoyed watching Coffs play solid all day and putt, well, outstandingly all day. Think he only hit a couple of drives less than perfect all day and they found the fairway too.
Vince has played better, though he kept up a brave face all day and never quit.

I reckon the better players handled the rain and wet conditions better. I found I struggled a bit mentally with, trying to keep grips dry, how will the wet ground effect my shots, taking multiple or wrong clubs from the cart to invariably the other side of the fairway.

Personal 'highlight' was getting over the big gully par 3 :D, personal lowlight was blading the next chip shot back across the green back into the gully :mad:. I thought I heard laughter from back on the tee, but it may have been kookaburra :wink:.
Oh, finding the green on the 211m, index 1, all water carry :shock: , par 3 15th and 2 putts for par was pretty pleasing too :smt023.

Thanks to all for an enjoyable day out, the drink voucher beer tasted really good too!

stu.

mikezone13
26th April 2007, 10:44 PM
To say my golf sucked is being kind, so a special thanks to Vince, Craig and Mike for assisting in looking for my (personal record :oops:) lost and wayward balls.

Let's play our match there mate ;) I really enjoy Mac Links and by the sounds of it you got to enjoy ALL of it too :D