PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 19th March

Grunt
20th March 2007, 07:44 PM
Played a game at New Brighton this morning. The game was with Qantas Engineering Golf Club. Played a really scrappy game, was really up and down with the scoring. I t was one of those days where one poor shot hurt bad. I had 7 pars and 6 wipes:shock: to finish with 29 points. Ball striking on the whole was good, poor club selection really hurt me but I can live with that.

I just have to get a better idea how far I hit each club, I seem to be not thinking on the pure shot, in the past my inconsistencies of my swing meant I may have been picking clubs on the poor shot and not the good shot. I doubt I have have been through the green as much as I have in the past month :?.

Lets see how i go tomorrow.

Grunt
21st March 2007, 07:25 PM
Played @ Twin Creeks this afternoon, with the boys, paid the extra $7.50 to enter the comp and then did not put my card in :oops:. I would have come last but I hate having NCR's in my golflink :evil:.
The round started off pretty good and I was striking the ball really well, for 7 holes anyway. It all fell in a heap after that and I could not get the ball off the tee for the rest of the round. I was swinging tooo fast, trying tooo hard and not swinging well at all. Was not one thing wrong but many, had all the bad shots in there; topped ones, slices & off the top part of the face on the driver.
Iron play was ok hit a few really good ones. Have to remember that the irons don't slice as much as they used to and aim a bit straighter. Putting was not too bad, little chip and runs worked ok but the lob shots were crap, really need to work on them.

25 points:cry:
6 wipes (all on back nine)
3 pars

Fishman Dan
21st March 2007, 07:28 PM
..... & off the top part of the face on the driver.

You mean... POP UP'S?! :lol: ;)

TS
21st March 2007, 07:32 PM
You mean... POP UP'S?! :lol: ;)

Dan. Seems like you passed you gay fade onto G69. he was fading with the best of them.

Grunt
21st March 2007, 07:33 PM
Not a pop up but very close to it, I hit one very high that was as close to a pop up you can get without having an idiot mark on it. Same shot plugged in the rough only for me to plug it even more with the attempted shot out. After that the hole was over.

AndyP
21st March 2007, 07:44 PM
Dan. Seems like you passed you gay fade onto G69. he was fading with the best of them.
What's this? The bunt failed?

Grunt, playing with g69 is enough to screw up most peoples games. There's not many that can claim they played well while in his group.

BrisVegas
21st March 2007, 07:48 PM
What's this? The bunt failed?

Grunt, playing with g69 is enough to screw up most peoples games. There's not many that can claim they played well while in his group.

Agreed. I broke the curse last outing, thankfully!

TS
21st March 2007, 08:07 PM
The bunt is now a full blown gay fade. The only club that hasn't caught the disease yet is the putter.

G69 was showing us his repertoire of trick shots today. He was shanking wedge, even manage to shank a 5 wood.

I don't understand how Jarro can lose his match 8 & 7.

Jarro
21st March 2007, 08:18 PM
The bunt is now a full blown gay fade. The only club that hasn't caught the disease yet is the putter.

G69 was showing us his repertoire of trick shots today. He was shanking wedge, even manage to shank a 5 wood.

I don't understand how Jarro can lose his match 8 & 7.

It's easy TS.

I obviously brought out Dicky's "A" game at Wynnum, he was surely pumped up to try and beat me.

Now he's resorted back to his usual self.. spraying them everywhere 8)

TS
21st March 2007, 08:25 PM
It's easy TS.

I obviously brought out Dicky's "A" game at Wynnum, he was surely pumped up to try and beat me.

Now he's resorted back to his usual self.. spraying them everywhere 8)

Jarro. Had you consider a new career as Inspirational Speaker? Or may be you can become ALO's caddy, he may be able to turn pro with your help.

Virgal_Tracy
22nd March 2007, 08:00 AM
I can see it now. Jarro standing on the tee telling A Lo what to do only to realise that ALo is still 10 mins away. Jarro chucks the bag at ALo when he gets tired of having to run between shots to catch up with the rest of the group.

Flowergirl
22nd March 2007, 03:38 PM
A day is a long time in golf. Played comp yesterday. Won the comp and lost .3 - seeing I was on 16.4 I was glad to get that .3 back. How do you like these stats for my back nine. I shot a 42 - and 21 of those were putss. Yep half the strokes were putts. How bad is that!!!!!!! Needless to say I spent over an hour on my putting after the game.

Today first day of pennant. Feeling confident. Playing in a cart cos of toe - weather perfect and all of a suddden the day went belly up when I was down 7 after the 10th. How humiliating!!!!!!!!! I was really nervous!. I tried to settle but my heart rate was right up there. Stupid isn't it. Managed to win the next 5 holes - but too little too late. We are off the same handicap so no excuses there. She just played great - and I was a bit too wayward. I had two pars in the first five holes - and she birdied them. Can't beat that:smt038
So I ended up losing 3 with 2 to go. We only had one winner and one girl squared. A right royal thrasing.:smt087

Next week I really have to get the nerves in check. Can't swing easy when you're all wound up. Learnt a good lesson today.

BrisVegas
22nd March 2007, 03:40 PM
One word for you Reenie.....

Valium.

Flowergirl
22nd March 2007, 03:59 PM
One word for you Reenie.....

Valium.

:smt108 :mrgreen:

PeteyD
22nd March 2007, 08:28 PM
Difficult day at Kooralbyn with sanded greens. 10 shots more than last time, mainly due to 2 totally butchered holes on the front 9. Highlights for me were a par on 7 (par 5) and 15 (par 4 double water carry). Lowlights were 1 and 6. And 17 after having my tee shot bounce halfway back across the lake off rocks :( (and having a double hit on a tap in! )

AndyP
23rd March 2007, 07:50 PM
22/03/2007, Kooralbyn Valley Copperhead + OZgolf Matchplay

Score 42-45-87 nett 77 (Par 36-36-72 CCR 74)

Played pretty solidly after a few weeks off. So far I'm very happy with my decision to buy the G2 (and sell the DB455), as I'm hitting plenty of drives straight. There were only 2 drives I can think of that I was unhappy with. And one was trying to give it a little extra to clear the water on 10. My swing has been pretty solid of late, but the driver has been pretty forgiving when I don't get it right.

Putting was pretty good considering the greens, but I needed to get the chips a lot closer on those greens to expect up and downs. On normal greens, the chips would have been fine.

Next round: 7-8/4, Easter Open, Headland GC. (Might play Good Friday)

Grunt
23rd March 2007, 07:56 PM
Played @ Beverley Park this morning
Was a social hit with some guys from work. Played ok
89 gross
71 nett
70 par
5 pars
Had a few bad holes but also had a pretty good day in the mental stakes. No Grunt having a dummy spit :oops:. Did sort out a new method for chipping around the greens when just off. was almost a putting stroke with a 9i or PW. Several times it was good and worked out to a 1 putt result. I know it wont work at all courses but those with tight kikyiu fringe grass it may work well.

BrisVegas
24th March 2007, 03:40 PM
Played Helensvale GC today in a charity game for Lieukemia (sp?). Never played it before. Interesting layout, pretty short, but heaps of water and fairly strong bunkering. The greens look they were cored a week ago or thereabouts. To be honest, they were terrible. Extremely slow and bumpy.

75 gross for 36 points
10 fairways
10 GIR
32 putts (including 2 x 3-putts)

PeteyD
24th March 2007, 04:28 PM
But were the covered in chicken poop?

oz
25th March 2007, 11:59 AM
35 points at Thurgoona today. I "popped" a finger (left pinkie) playing Basketball on Thurs night, and I had limited movement and no feel in it today. No real effect on full swings, but very hard to play short game shots. Hit a few rippers from the fairway today, though, in pretty tough and windy conditions.

Jarro
25th March 2007, 01:00 PM
34 points around Nudgee today.

Hit the G2 pretty well, i think it might stay in the bag for a while ;) the ironplay however was scrappy at best :(

Left a few putts short right on the lip of the cup as well, so i need to get that sorted :roll:

shazza_rs
25th March 2007, 02:14 PM
Played at nudgee today with the guys

I had 32 points. I wasn't hitting anything badly... was hitting the driver pretty consistent. I was hitting my approach shots left of the green almost every green. It was a combination of aiming left for a fade/cut and also i pulled a couple of them. Had a chance to get some bunker practice :) Puts a bit of pressure on the scoring though when you have to continually get up and downs.

goughy
25th March 2007, 02:25 PM
Weird day. Played good, played stupid. Most of my 6 x 1pointers and a wipe were due to poor decisions that didn't suit my strengths.

Still came away with 34 points so there was a lot of good stuff going on. Just don't know what it was. Hit 100% more fairways than my last game though.

2/14 fir, 4 gir, 32 putts. My putting bites the big one...

Hit my driver and 3 wood much straighter today, meaning that instead of missing an entire fairway to the left I was right in the trees on the edge of the correct fairways. But I was pounding them out there today too. But having to hit sideways 6 times doesn't do anything for my score. That's 6 shots for nothing.

Oh well, was an improvement. Might be a month to my next game. Bummer!!

jimandr
25th March 2007, 06:43 PM
Terrible round at Cumberland today with the NSW guys. The breeze was strong, the rough was deep and the greens hard to read, but 27 points is still a bad score.

3 fairways, 3 greens in reg, 3 penalty shots. Bad golf all round.

Where's that drawing board?

TS
25th March 2007, 07:00 PM
Had a tough day at Cumberland. Drive the ball badly and finished with 32 points. Need to find a driver that I can find the fairway with.

Fishman Dan
25th March 2007, 07:56 PM
Had a tough day at Cumberland. Drive the ball badly and finished with 32 points. Need to find a driver that I can find the fairway with.

Bags first dibs on the Rapture!!

Played twice this weekend.

Saturday

Sanded greens had 31 pts with a par-birdie finish. Hit the pin from 125m on my approach to the par 5 18th for a tap in birdie. Drove the ball well and hit solid irons, but a shanked wedge and 2 knifed 9-iron's added up to 3 wipes :roll:

Sunday

Cumberland for 22 pts. One of those "where did that come from" rounds. Started doing the wrong things and was never really in it. Had a few moments out there, but they were far between.

I didn't feel up to it yesterday and that showed in both rounds of golf. Not time for a break (or a lesson), but will see how I pull up next week. I was off-key Saturday because I wasn't looking forward to the cored/sanded greens.

Courty
25th March 2007, 08:34 PM
I had a lousy 27 pts today, initiated by 3 wipes in the first 4 holes. I'm not disheartened at all though, cos I was unable to make a proper swing due to a sore shoulder (thanks again, FIL :roll:). I won't comment too much on the new shafts until I've had a round where I can swing them properly.

Virgal_Tracy
26th March 2007, 07:51 AM
Another 27 pts to match the other guys but very happy as played The Coast in near gale force conditions. Ball was teed up at the back foot for most of the day. Still managed to get too much height which the wind would carry 60m plus.

Putting was very good and kept me in the game. Really have to work on creatinjg lower shots. All in all a good day.

3oneday
26th March 2007, 08:03 AM
Need to find a driver that I can find the fairway with.you should try Terences 15.5° driver theory. My Dad also uses a 14° and it probably only costs 10 metres, lot's a fairways though. Worth trying for you old fellas ;)

Some of the component heads are good enough to test the theory out first with. Just not a bloody Aurora :p

jimandr
26th March 2007, 08:37 PM
Pete,

What we need to use is whatever you used on Saturday. I saw your name in Sunday's paper.

We don't mind if you only post your good ones. Tell us about it.

mikezone13
26th March 2007, 08:38 PM
Interesting weekend for me 92 off the stick for 30 points around Kooindah Waters (black tees) and I've just got back from a corporate/charity day at Concord in an ambrose (only 3 players) where we shot even par (71) off the stick and a nett 63 5/6 but nowhere in the money with a nett 55 winning the day.

The Kooindah round was really just a bit of fun (no comp) and I wizzed around as a single with the gf driving the cart. Six balls in the drink really blew the score out and it was a day of lots of 3, 1 and no pointers with not many 2 pointers.

Hit the ball very solid in the ambrose and kept our team in the running, but only 3 birds coupled with 3 bogies hurt us.