PDA

View Full Version : Nudgee ..North Course ..25th March .. 6:42/6:49am

Jarro
13th March 2007, 09:26 PM
Hey folks, Gaz and I are trying to get some numbers for a hit around good old Nudgee G.C.

So far we've booked two groups and would like to know if anyone else would like to join us.

Comp on the day is a Single Stab.

1/ Rusty 47 pts
2/ kpac 41 pts
3/ Gaz 34 pts
4/ jarro 34 pts
5/ peter_rs 33 pts
6/ shazza_rs 32 pts
7/ Nudgee 31 pts
8/ just 23pts

just
13th March 2007, 09:46 PM
1/ Gaz
2/ jarro
3/ just

poidda
14th March 2007, 09:40 AM
I might not be in town, but if I am I'll be keen.

1/ Gaz
2/ jarro
3/ just
4/ poidda (pencil)

shazza_rs
14th March 2007, 02:03 PM
Pete and i might be in for this

1/ Gaz
2/ jarro
3/ just
4/ poidda (pencil)
5/ Shazza_rs
6/ Peter_rs

Jarro
14th March 2007, 09:14 PM
1/ Gaz
2/ jarro
3/ just
4/ poidda (pencil)
5/ Shazza_rs
6/ Peter_rs
7/ Peter Norris ( a mate of perci's from Qantas)

gazgolf1
16th March 2007, 05:04 PM
Perci,
are you and Graeme in for this?

perci
16th March 2007, 06:23 PM
No sorry mate were out.

Rusty
18th March 2007, 11:12 PM
1/ Gaz
2/ jarro
3/ just
4/ poidda (pencil)
5/ Shazza_rs
6/ Peter_rs
8/ Rusty (6:49am group pls)

Jarro, i vaguely remember you (i think?) saying some meterage markers were a little bit out. which holes did you come up with and by how much?

Jarro
19th March 2007, 06:06 AM
Jarro, i vaguely remember you (i think?) saying some meterage markers were a little bit out. which holes did you come up with and by how much?

Rusty,

.. Just recently, they have placed small concrete distance markers in the middle of the fairways. One in particular, on the second hole, seems to be a fair bit out from the normal markers on the edge of the fairway.

All the others seems to be fairly close, although i've never taken a measuring device out to see exactly how correct the original markers are :roll:

Glad you can make it on Sunday mate 8)

poidda
19th March 2007, 10:48 AM
I'm looking less likely to be able to make this, so will let someone else take the spot if they are interested.

1/ Gaz
2/ jarro
3/ just
4/
5/ Shazza_rs
6/ Peter_rs

Jarro
19th March 2007, 04:32 PM
I'm looking less likely to be able to make this, so will let someone else take the spot if they are interested.

1/ Gaz
2/ jarro
3/ just
4/
5/ Shazza_rs
6/ Peter_rs

sorry to hear that Poidda :(

Shaz/Pete .. are you guys still gonna play ?

kpac
19th March 2007, 04:51 PM
i wont need much convincing if you need a space filler :)

Jarro
19th March 2007, 04:52 PM
consider yourself in mate 8)

just PM me your real identity along with details for golflink ;)

kpac
19th March 2007, 05:27 PM
pm'd

shazza_rs
19th March 2007, 06:15 PM
yep we are still in jarro

Jarro
19th March 2007, 06:37 PM
Ok Shaz 8)

nudgee
19th March 2007, 07:28 PM
Guys I would like to put my name down as first reserve if anyone drops out. Got a few new toys to try!!

Jamie

perci
19th March 2007, 07:35 PM
Jamie you can tae Pete Norris's place if you like.

gazgolf1
19th March 2007, 08:34 PM
Jamie you can tae Pete Norris's place if you like.

Ok Perci I assume that Peter Norris is out so Jamie is in,pls confirm this tomorrow.
That means there are 2 full groups,if anybody else is keen for a bash PM Jarro or myself soonish as there are still times available Sunday morning.

1/ Gaz
2/ jarro
3/ just
4/ Jamie
5/ Shazza_rs
6/ Peter_rs
7/ Kpac
8/ Rusty

PeteyD
19th March 2007, 08:44 PM
Cool some stuff in the pro shop soon Jamie??

Jarro
20th March 2007, 08:55 PM
Cool some stuff in the pro shop soon Jamie??

A little birdie told me he might have a TP Burner for this round :shock:

nudgee
20th March 2007, 10:44 PM
Yep TP burner 10.5* loft with a Diamana Whiteboard 83 Stiffie

Also new set of Tour CG 1s with Project X 6.5 Shafts and a Fourteen 660 Driving Iron.

Looking forward to it

Eag's
20th March 2007, 11:37 PM
Yep TP burner 10.5* loft with a Diamana Whiteboard 83 Stiffie

Also new set of Tour CG 1s with Project X 6.5 Shafts and a Fourteen 660 Driving Iron.

Looking forward to it

Mate, don't tell me you are parting ways with the X-Tours :shock: ?

nudgee
21st March 2007, 08:57 AM
mate it may not be an option - Brad wants to start tinkering with a set of X tours to see whether he likes them or not as he is getting over his current set so I may not have an option at the end of the day. I am just hoping that if he does like them that he will get a brand new set and give me these ones back....

Jarro
21st March 2007, 11:33 AM
2 groups have been booked for the following players :

1/ Gaz
2/ jarro
3/ just
4/ Jamie
5/ Shazza_rs
6/ Peter_rs
7/ Kpac
8/ Rusty

.. if anyone else wants to play, we can maybe book another tee-time closeby, but i don't think any spots either side of those are available now.

shazza_rs
24th March 2007, 08:37 PM
So what groups do we have??????

Jarro
25th March 2007, 02:24 AM
They're on the sheet as you see them listed above Shazza.

We can change them when we get there if there's someone in particular you wanna play with.

Jarro
25th March 2007, 01:56 PM
Thanks to everyone for coming along today.

Was good to meet kpac, he seems like a nice young fella ;)

Also thanks to my playing partners Shaz, Pete and Rusty ... was great fun today guys :)

kpac
25th March 2007, 02:35 PM
Thanks to everyone for coming along today.

Was good to meet kpac, he seems like a nice young fella ;)

Also thanks to my playing partners Shaz, Pete and Rusty ... was great fun today guys :)

Cheers Jarro,
Yeah was a nice morning, good to meet a few more ozgolfers, thanks for the round, and have a hit around a pretty nice course (i thought it was a really nice layout)
Moreso it was nice to actually hit some decent shots, front 9 i played well which makes the whole day better.
PS Jarro: i got 41 points by the way not 40, (even so you could be forgiven for taking off a point for rolling across the bridge on 16 rather than going over the water ;) )
The bad news from this -> i'm sure to lose a couple of shot before playing AP again :smt093

AndyP
25th March 2007, 02:43 PM
The bad news from this -> i'm sure to lose a couple of shot before playing AP again :smt093
Excellent. Looks like you'll only :roll: be getting a shot every 2nd hole now.

Holy Crap! How big a burglar is Rusty? Well done, but it might've been better to save it for Headland.

nudgee
25th March 2007, 03:09 PM
Thanks to my playing partners for an enjoyable round. Driver and irons working an absolute treat!!!! Putted like Steady Eddie - 5 three putts and pulled about 10 putts!!! 6 washes as a result of bad putting!!! Nice to see Gaz hitting iron shots high for a change - I think he may be having an affair with his Nikes he likes them so much.

TP Burner was very nice indeed......... and love the CG 1 Black Pearl irons. Peter RS mate whenever you are ready lets do our matchplay - Easter???

peter_rs
25th March 2007, 05:00 PM
Nudgee.... easter is out as I play toowoomba. And I need to find a golf swing and get some club work done.

Had an interesting day. Although I hit driver like a drunk... I was kind of happy as I was only hitting huge cuts (no hook in site). I mean I only missed fairways by up to a 5 wood..... Thats right I stopped using distance :) my drive on 5 was perfect for 17. I didnt think 5 was long enough.

Rusty played great and it was good to see that the brakes did not come out, over the finial holes when 42 pts came up with 2 holes felt.

It was a fun round thanks jarro, Rusty and shazza. we will have to play again.

gazgolf1
25th March 2007, 05:02 PM
Twas a nice round that I was looking forward to all week so what do I do?......wash,wash start. :(
Anyway good to meet K-Pac and play with Just for the first time.
The greens at Nudgee are starting to come good and in a couple of weeks they will be mint.My swing is still a work in progress but I'm getting close and rolling some putts in too,just need some bunker practice....lots. :)

AndyP
25th March 2007, 08:20 PM
Sucked inWell done on the new handicap of 20.

Congrats to Rusty on his reduction to 15 from 18. Two drops from Nudgee GC in a row. Is this what perci was waiting for before their matchplay?

Rusty
25th March 2007, 09:42 PM
thanks for the game Jarro, Pete & Shaz. highlights - Jarro on a couple of irons to about a foot and the other, to a couple of feet - magic. Pete - the distance on some of those shots - amazing. Shazza - gentle fades off the tee that ended up in the middle of the fairway - perfect.

i was ecstatic after the end of the round when the score was added up. i've never broken 80 before, so to have 7 over 78 just left me so happy. i've still got a big smile on my face :D

Courty
25th March 2007, 09:46 PM
Nice work Rusty. :smt023 More sun 80 rounds to come.8-)

AndyP
25th March 2007, 10:04 PM
i was ecstatic after the end of the round when the score was added up. i've never broken 80 before, so to have 7 over 78 just left me so happy. i've still got a big smile on my face :DI was wondering that when I saw your score. Congratulations!
Once you break that milestone, you should find that you'll break it a lot more, as it's something that can mess with your head.

Jarro
25th March 2007, 11:18 PM
thanks for the game Jarro, Pete & Shaz. highlights - Jarro on a couple of irons to about a foot and the other, to a couple of feet - magic. Pete - the distance on some of those shots - amazing. Shazza - gentle fades off the tee that ended up in the middle of the fairway - perfect.

i was ecstatic after the end of the round when the score was added up. i've never broken 80 before, so to have 7 over 78 just left me so happy. i've still got a big smile on my face :D

Congrats on the great round Rusty 8) I really can't recall you getting into any triuble on your way around Nudgee yesterday ?? Well played mate :smt023 You were the Division 2 winner on the day by 5 points mate :)

Oh and congrats on the new handicap .... from 18.1 down to 15.4 :smt038

that's more like it ;)

BrisVegas
26th March 2007, 07:59 AM
1/ Rusty 47 pts
2/ kpac 41 pts
3/ ....

Holy Crap! Rusty, 47 points is insane! :smt038 Top stuff. Was wondering when you'd explode and play the golf you are obviously capable of. See you in single figures soon. Nice work too kpac. AndyP will be grateful of the hcap redux.

Grunt
26th March 2007, 08:01 AM
:smt038Great Round Rusty

Would be interesting to see but lately does an OzGolfer win somewhere every week? Or at the very least someone wins somewhere every month?
Just shows how many of us are out there.

kpac
26th March 2007, 10:40 AM
Congrats on the great round Rusty :smt023 You were the Division 2 winner on the day by 5 points mate :)

:shock: :shock:
What a drumming! 5 points clear! yeah super stuff rusty :smt023
No placing for my 41 jarro :cry:

Was a great morning people, we'll have to do it again :mrgreen:

Jarro
26th March 2007, 12:52 PM
No placing for my 41 jarro :cry:

mate, you got a place in the rundown :mrgreen: not sure exactky what it is you've won though :neutral: maybe a call to the pro-shop would be a good idea.

I kept my NTP on 14 too :smt038

gazgolf1
26th March 2007, 01:00 PM

Nice shot that too....what iron did you hit there bud?

peter_rs
26th March 2007, 01:18 PM
driver I believe ;)

P.s. jarro did you find out about that ruling on 11

Jarro
26th March 2007, 01:34 PM
Nice shot that too....what iron did you hit there bud?

punched in a little 8 iron mate 8)

driver I believe ;)

P.s. jarro did you find out about that ruling on 11

not as yet Pete, i will ask the guys in the pro-shop when i'm in there next then i'll let you know.

BrisWesty
26th March 2007, 01:43 PM
Rusty, legendary shooting! 78! Major envy :mrgreen:

However, you are meant to save those sorts of rounds for matchplay vs Tezza (or ALo at Wynnum Cup)

Jarro
26th March 2007, 01:48 PM
BW, Rusty's round actually reminded me a bit of yours in that matchplay against Tezza ..... he was rarely in trouble, and even when he was, he got out of it superbly.

I take full credit for inspiring him.

BrisWesty
26th March 2007, 05:09 PM
Just remember who allowed "Rusty the burglar" to find ozgolf. Sorry folks.

AndyP
26th March 2007, 05:33 PM
Just shows how many of us are out there.
Just shows how bloody good we are.

Did you find out if we kept our respective pins from our day there?