PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing 5th March 2007

Flowergirl
8th March 2007, 09:13 AM
Played stupid stupid stupid golf yesterday. Overshooting greens from 120 mtrs out or being short with my chips. Talk about inconsistant!!! Putting was better - made four great putts by just standing over it and trusting myself.
My poor toe was very sore - I disclocated it last week - and I played the last couple of holes with one shoe. Any sympathy would be appreciated. :smt002

Our captain is away for a month so I'm it. Everyone was lovely yesterday - encouraging and helpful - lets see if the knives come out next week.

One more game left at 16. Need to play some good golf and quick.:shock:

PeteyD
8th March 2007, 09:15 AM
Overshooting greens is a tragedy!!

TS
8th March 2007, 09:31 AM
My poor toe was very sore - I disclocated it last week - and I played the last couple of holes with one shoe. Any sympathy would be appreciated. :smt002

:shock:

Don't kick John boy so hard next time.

dc68
8th March 2007, 09:38 AM

:cry: :smt056

Flowergirl
8th March 2007, 11:11 AM
Thanks DC. :-D

amanda
8th March 2007, 11:51 AM
That is perseverence! I can't imagine playing golf with a dislocated toe (slightly fractured mine a while ago - hurt like bugger - I can't bend it properly any more!)

kpac
9th March 2007, 08:27 PM
well it was the first outing for a new flat stick for me this afteroon. I shot net +2 so the putter obviously hasnt helped :( To be honest my tee shots were costing me the shots, there were 4 doubles today which are simply annoying! On the upside my irons 6 - sw were comming out nicely. Bit more work needed on my driver, hybrids and 5 iron, but no lost balls and no blow out holes are a good start.
Southport Friday Stableford:
36 points
Gross 94
Net 73 +2
Still enough good shot to get me back next week.
Sunday corporate day is he big event on the cards. My boss has sponsered the 10th and we're want towin overall. i'll let you know :)
Happy golfing for the weekend everyone.

Flowergirl
10th March 2007, 01:11 PM
Friggin toe............tried to play yesterday. Only made it to the 5th.:cry: :cry: Toe still killing and the fact that I stood on a ball marker and had to pull it out of my other foot doesn't make it any easier to walk.
Long weekend - no plans - beautiful weather - but can't play. Not happy:evil:
Still looking for any sympathy.

goughy
10th March 2007, 01:48 PM
Toe still killing and the fact that I stood on a ball marker and had to pull it out of my other foot doesn't make it any easier to walk.
Still looking for any sympathy.

Well, now you know why most use coins to mark their balls. They're only dangerous when dropped from the empire state building.

Grunt
10th March 2007, 01:52 PM
Don't worry FG, if it makes you feel any better I had a shocker today. 25 points. No excuses just could not string 2 shots together. Playing Macquarie Links on Wednesday, hopefully it will be better then.

AndyP
10th March 2007, 02:13 PM
Still looking for any sympathy.Stop playing on it so it will get better, silly girl. :razz:

goughy
10th March 2007, 02:20 PM
AP, always there with a gentle pat on the back!! :)

jimandr
10th March 2007, 04:30 PM
A very depressing 34 points today. 34 sounds Ok, but not when you are even par after 8 and play the next 10 in 10 over.

Fairways = 8 of 14, important as the rough was very deep
GIR = 7 of 18, after being 5 of 8
Putts = 29, zero 3putts, 3 birdies
Up&Down = 3 of 8
Sand saves = 0 of 2

Fishman Dan
10th March 2007, 06:01 PM
I blame the guy with his buggy on my fairway. Par round today, had about -1million.

+3 through 4 and travelling well. Drive down the 5th and some pie-eater's bag playing the 18th stops the progress of my ball (on the full). 2 shots later that ball was shanked into the creek. Scored a "-" on that hole.

Proceeded to lip out about 6 times, miss gimme's, lost a ball up a tree (yes, up a ****ing tree), 3 of my lip-outs were complete horseshoes. Ended up -5 or 6.

TS has got me coming off the back of my worst round in a long time.

TS
10th March 2007, 06:07 PM
I blame the guy with his buggy on my fairway. Par round today, had about -1million.

+3 through 4 and travelling well. Drive down the 5th and some pie-eater's bag playing the 18th stops the progress of my ball (on the full). 2 shots later that ball was shanked into the creek. Scored a "-" on that hole.

Proceeded to lip out about 6 times, miss gimme's, lost a ball up a tree (yes, up a ****ing tree), 3 of my lip-outs were complete horseshoes. Ended up -5 or 6.

TS has got me coming off the back of my worst round in a long time.

I don't want to hear any excuses. I played in a Par event as well and have +4. Should have been +5, drove the ball to 2m from the green on a short Par 4, took 4 to get down and the pin was only 5m away.

Fishman Dan
10th March 2007, 09:47 PM
Long Reef doesn't have ball stealing trees. In fact, Long Reef doesn't have trees!

AndyP
10th March 2007, 09:56 PM
It might have guys that park their buggy's on your fairway though. It might even be noted in TS's strategy book now.

Courty
10th March 2007, 11:52 PM
We had 4BBB Par today :roll:. I actually hit the ball the best that I have in a long time. I would have had around 76 or 77 individually. It was a welsome change to strike the ball well again. A few blemishes which could have been avoided, like the 3-putt par on one of the par 5s :oops:. My partner & I came in with +8, which won't even get us a ball in the run-down. :roll:

4BBB again next Saturday. :evil:

Eag's
11th March 2007, 01:27 PM
Played Nudgee Single Stab today
A lousy 28 points :smt087

3 Greens :(
7 fairways
32 Putts

I was clueless with the irons today, hit my usual handful of shanks and
other crappy shots.
Could not be happier with the Rapture, the fairways I missed were still
solid hits.

goughy
11th March 2007, 02:47 PM
Played the last round of our club champs today. Would have to be the toughest setup of the course I've ever played. I swear some pins weren't even on the green!!

As usual my driver was costing me big, but this time it was hugely big. I rarely got a clean shot today. I think I punched sideways on my first 5 holes. Dosen't bode well for the score. But considering how poorly I drove and putted I can't be disappointed with a 90. On several occasions (4 that I can remember) I was playing seconds from the rough on the other side of the next fairway right (yes, that's right DC. Who'd have thought I'd be missing shots right!!). On one occasion I lost a ball when my drive crossed the next fairway and disappeared into the rough of the 2nd one across. Considering my irons were right on the money today (long and straight) it really has me stumped. Oh well.

I had 33 putts, but considering I had 13 on the second 9 I am far from impressed. I even missed an easy 2 footer. Oh well.

2/14 fairways, 33 putts, 5 gir. The greens stats are ok considering that the 2 fairways I did hit (my last 2 par 4's of the round) I missed the green. And pretty much every other one was a chip sideways. But in a lot of those cases I got my bogey comfortably. My 100mtrs in touch is completely gone and needs some serious practice. I was often short or long today. Oh well.

But my driving is in need of serious work. I can't even hit the fairway with a 3 wood. I don't know what it is, but I must be swinging different for my driver and 3 wood than I do for even my 2 and 3 irons, as they go fairly straight and high. Will have to find some range time somehow to sort it out. It's not that it's more important than my woeful putting, but it does knock the confidence around having to chip out from the trees when you're already the next fairway over.

Rave over!!

I forgot. I shot 90, which considering my driving I was actually surprised by.

kpac
11th March 2007, 04:16 PM
Played a 4BBB today. Although the 'real' golf involved in this format is somewhat lacking, i did play well. Probably the best i've ever hit the ball. New putter was still a little hit/miss. But off the tee i was hitting it pure, could hardy believe it, really had a day out. got this new technique thing going and it seemed to pay off today.
Anyway the day started out interesting, our 4th player didn't rock up untill 9 holes in..... so we played the first 9 to -1. Came home -7 for a net 64. Gross 54 and an overall win. Picked myself up a box of srixon rocks and some parafanalia. What a bloody nice way to finish the week :)

Bruce
12th March 2007, 10:40 AM
Finally got to play again. After 2 months without even picking up a club I guess the results to be expected. I had the chance to complete my golfing goal for 2007 and missed it.

90!! And a real Jeckyl and Hyde day. Started with a triple and then knuckled down for 4 pars in a row which must be a personal record. Was a chance to knock off the second sub 90 in a row when I ****ed it up on 17 with a couple of flubbed chips from the shit out the back of the green and ended up with the snowman triple, my third of the day. A quick add up on the 18th tee and I realised I was still in it. A birdie on the last would get me to 89. Crushed my best drive of the day and stuck my 9I in to about 12 feet. I can't believe I'm still in it. But then I dropped the chance again and the putt slid past.

I played some good golf in patches. But the lack of play makes it hard not to follow a mistake with another mistake which cost me. Pleasing and infuriating all at the same time. No wonder we love it.

The pro reckoned the CCR would be 70 when we handed in the cards. I'm still in the 0.4 range for drops aren't I? That would make me 20.7 which is again a new low. I'm getting there.

Dad had a good day too and after a few months adjusting to the new conditions is back to single figures after yesterday.

Eag's
12th March 2007, 12:40 PM
Good effort after a 2 month lay off bruce :smt023
You will smash that 90 record sooner than later mate :)

peter_rs
12th March 2007, 12:56 PM
Last two rounds of the clubs champs at toowoomba.

Nothing to write home about.

oz
12th March 2007, 05:40 PM
Played at Albury Golf Club yesterday. Shot a 73 (par 70). Was done in by the par 3's. 3 bogeys and 1 double bogey on the par 3's (there are 6 par 3\s on this layout). :o Add that to another bogey and 3 birdies, and I was reasonably happy with the round. Just made some bad swings at the wrong times (the par 3's, obviously) :)