Keza_G
5th March 2007, 02:48 PM
Riverlakes IGA Pro Am

Sat March 17th

$35 Visitors

7am Shot gun and 12.15 Shotgun Starts.

dc68
5th March 2007, 05:17 PM
Hmm do I want to play the day after the season opener against the Cowboys?

Keza, unfortunate timing. I will have to pass, I dont think I would pass a RBT even coming home AFTER the game. ;)

billybaub
6th March 2007, 12:55 AM
im keen for the 12.15 start. will there be carts available? im getting really lazy lately

Jarro
6th March 2007, 06:21 AM
sorry Keza but i'll be working :(

Keza_G
6th March 2007, 09:31 AM
Ladies and Gents this is a 3 person + pro event... Pro's playing for a share of $17,750.

1. Shazza_rs
2. Peter_rs
3. Billybaub (lazy cart boy)
4. Andylo
5. Keza_G
6. Scotty_G
7. Astroboy

BrisVegas
6th March 2007, 09:49 AM
I can't make it this year. Played last year (with Senecio and Zarina) and it was a good day out.

Have fun guys!

andylo
6th March 2007, 10:18 AM
So I guess I will be join the lazy cart boy Keza?

Eag's
6th March 2007, 07:36 PM
So I guess I will be join the lazy cart boy Keza?

You are turning into a lazy bugger young Andylo [-X
Get out there and stretch your legs.

billybaub
6th March 2007, 11:33 PM
im walking now. so Alo will need to find someone else if he wants a cart.

andylo
7th March 2007, 08:44 AM
If Keri let me I will have my own exclusive cart :D

andylo
7th March 2007, 08:45 AM
You are turning into a lazy bugger young Andylo [-X
Get out there and stretch your legs.

I wouldn't bother on a ProAM at this stage.... I rather just sitting in the cart under the shade, and watch how the Pros do it in a relax mood.

Pretty much the ONLY reason why I pay extra bucks to play on home course.... just to watch the Pros.

senecio
9th March 2007, 11:28 AM
KezaG,

Got any room for 2 more in the morning?

Ryan

1. Shazza_rs
2. Peter_rs
3. Billybaub (lazy cart boy)
4. Andylo
5. Keza_G
6. Scotty_G
7. Astroboy
8. senecio (7am)
9. senecio's mate (7am)

Keza_G
9th March 2007, 11:54 AM
KezaG,

Got any room for 2 more in the morning?

Ryan

Absolootely....

consider it done...

billybaub
10th March 2007, 01:49 AM
im happy to play early with ryan if you want to add a 3rd and fill up the group
wouldnt mind an early game. been meaning to challenge ryan aswell.

billybaub
15th March 2007, 08:11 PM
is everything organised for this weekend?
who is playing and when?

peter_rs
15th March 2007, 09:25 PM
whats the groups keza?

shazza_rs
17th March 2007, 09:16 PM
24 points.

Fun day out with pete and billybaub..... awesome putting display put on by dan.

senecio
18th March 2007, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the day Keza. The course was in great condition. I don't think I've ever played on quicker greens than I did yesterday.

I played pretty well for a lazy 34 points. A little dissapointing as I felt like I hit it better than that. Just failed to get up down a couple of times and had one putt rejected by the cup. :x

Highlight was a 35 foot downhill putt for birdie on 6. Slightly overshadowed by our pro rolling in a 3 foot putt for eagle on the same hole. At least my 80 didn't look too bad against his 76.

Ryan

peter_rs
18th March 2007, 06:47 PM
Thanks for the game shazza and dan. Sorry about the golf. Dan could not miss a putt, if only the tee game was there. Our pro finished -3 and tied 8th $850

Ryan don't feel to bad. Only 1 of 76 males broke 36 points.... 37pts ;). One of the ladies was on fire 45pts :(

Just a note one of the tied winners from last years pro-am is top 5 at the tcl at present. Thats moving up in the world. The other Henry Epstein tied for the win again at -8.

about 6 pro's got DQed for playing from ESA.

I played like..... a drunk. lost 7 balls 22points (16 on the last nine).

terryand
18th March 2007, 07:05 PM
You played with Nashy last year didn't you Pete. Looks like he is going to finish 4th over there.

Terry.

shazza_rs
18th March 2007, 07:19 PM
Yeah we did play with Simon last year.... and did note that he was gunna place well.

BrisVegas
18th March 2007, 08:33 PM
...Henry Epstein tied for the win again at -8.

What the??? You mean he can actually play golf. Here was me thinking he was just full of sh!t. I take it all back. :shock:

BrisVegas
18th March 2007, 08:38 PM
I'm guessing Environmentally Sensitive Area...

AndyP
18th March 2007, 08:39 PM
It's a joke. I'm still not clear on why it isn't treated like a water hazard.

PeteyD
18th March 2007, 09:59 PM
The creek might contain rare mung bean eating mosquitoes and they can not be disturbed, so you have to take a drop. Looks like weeds and mud to me though, good reason for the course's nickname

AndyP
18th March 2007, 10:05 PM
The creek might contain rare mung bean eating mosquitoes and they can not be disturbed, so you have to take a drop. I thought you had to treat it like OOB, that is, play it from where you played the last shot.

PeteyD
18th March 2007, 10:19 PM
You may be right, although I thought it was treated as a hazard with a compulsory drop.

shazza_rs
19th March 2007, 08:18 AM
Its not treated like OOB....

If you go in its treated like a water hazard with a drop.

AndyP
19th March 2007, 08:26 AM
Its not treated like OOB....

If you go in its treated like a water hazard with a drop.
Did it used to be? Now that I think about it, I remember that you get the drop, but the first time I played there I thought it wasn't.

andylo
19th March 2007, 02:59 PM
Compare to Simon Nash, the pro I play with this time is a bum.

My full swing was in a very bad shape so there's nothing I can compare. But there was once I actually got my drive well and I do driver further than him on the 1st hole. And for the chipping etc, I actually do chip closer than him EVERYTIME when we both around the green, AP actually putts better than him too IMO.

He does hit more fairway and green etc. Poor bunker player (and he blames the hard sand).

He basically commited all the "crimes" that identify by you guys.

He swear out loud, throw club 30 meters away when screw up a chip shot, he has he own caddy but his gf came along in the group too.

Even better he played slow and took more than 20 mins to find his drive (so we have to let the group behind us play pass us... which become a 5 hr round instead of 4:30 round)

Make me thinking: if a pro can do it, why we can't?! ;) At least Christine is not wearing very very bright pink top.

andylo
19th March 2007, 03:03 PM
By the way, I kinda miss Simon Nash (in golfing way). He's a much more friendly Pro and I don't remeber seeing him throw his temper. Apart from a very careless fade he hitted on the #14 at 2006, I think he swing, pitch, chip, putt beautifully than most of the pro I played with in the ProAm I been thru.

I wish I can play with him one or more times in any of the ProAm.

Tezza, do you know who is his coach?

terryand
19th March 2007, 03:19 PM
He was seeing Triggsy a bit at one stage but not sure now. Next time I am talking to him or his Dad I will ask for you A-Lo.

Terry.

andylo
19th March 2007, 03:20 PM
Who is triggzy?

Thank you tez.

TS
19th March 2007, 03:22 PM

My full swing was in a very bad shape so there's nothing I can compare. But there was once I actually got my drive well and I do driver further than him on the 1st hole. And for the chipping etc, I actually do chip closer than him EVERYTIME when we both around the green, AP actually putts better than him too IMO.

He does hit more fairway and green etc. Poor bunker player (and he blames the hard sand).

He swear out loud, throw club 30 meters away when screw up a chip shot, he has he own caddy but his gf came along in the group too.

Even better he played slow and took more than 20 mins to find his drive (so we have to let the group behind us play pass us... which become a 5 hr round instead of 4:30 round)

Make me thinking: if a pro can do it, why we can't?! ;) At least Christine is not wearing very very bright pink top.

What I know to know is what is the Pro's score and what is your on the day. Sounds like you should have beaten him by about 20 shots.

terryand
19th March 2007, 03:23 PM
Who is triggzy?

Thank you tez.

Don't know who TriggZy, but TriggSy is Ian Triggs formerly of Indro and now with or running the Academy at Brooky if I am correct,Vegas???

Terry.

andylo
19th March 2007, 03:29 PM
What I know to know is what is the Pro's score and what is your on the day. Sounds like you should have beaten him by about 20 shots.

This is a very unrealistic assumtion TS. Especially I am so struggle on my full shot. One of the hole I need to swing 6 times to get it closer to the green.

He's over par, 3 or 4 over par if I am not wrong but I didn't bother to check. I was having a forehead ache and it happen all the time due to stress when golfing.

Also I am NOT saying I chipped well. I am just saying on that instance I chip better than he does and its only one of many aspects in golf that need to execute well to post a 70s stroke result.

BrisVegas
19th March 2007, 04:38 PM
Don't know who TriggZy, but TriggSy is Ian Triggs formerly of Indro and now with or running the Academy at Brooky if I am correct,Vegas???

Terry.

Yeah, Ian Triggs is one of the coaches at A Game International, based at Brookwater. The head coach of A Game is Tom Berndt, formerly of the Hills etc..

andylo
19th March 2007, 04:59 PM
The head coach of A Game is Tom Berndt, formerly of the Hills etc..

OMG, really?! I met this guy in Logan River Range. He gave me his name card. He was teaching a young Korean girl and she have a beautiful swing that I am admire to dead!

CobraSS
19th March 2007, 05:14 PM
:smt102 :smt100 too much engrish in this thread for me sorry....

dc68
19th March 2007, 05:31 PM
What he said!

;)

BrisVegas
19th March 2007, 05:33 PM
Yeah Andy, Tom is a nice guy. We deal with him a lot as we take a lot of his A Game homestayers at our place.

You oughta go see him for lessons. Tell him I sent you and maybe he'll give me a cut of his profits!

FYI... You can get a 12 month coaching program for around $15-20K I believe. Might actually work out cheaper for you.

peter_rs
20th March 2007, 10:01 AM
alo just because they are a pro doesn't mean they will have their game every day. One of the pros shot 88/66 for the two days.

goughy
21st March 2007, 01:16 AM

He's over par, 3 or 4 over par if I am not wrong but I didn't bother to check. I was having a forehead ache and it happen all the time due to stress when golfing.

Also I am NOT saying I chipped well. I am just saying on that instance I chip better than he does and its only one of many aspects in golf that need to execute well to post a 70s stroke result.

I'll give ya this andylo, andyp is one hot putter when he's on. That's for sure.

But I think you're giving the pro a tough rap. And in the end his score says it all. You seemed pretty unimpressed with some aspects of his play. And in particular his short game which can make or break a round. Yet with all his problems he still only shot a few over par. Sounds more like a guy having a bad day but still holding it together. That's one of the big things that seperates them from us.

But I too have played with some pro's with little in the way of manners. That's annoying, but I bet you swear some days at work! Not trying to justify it though.

And remember this - you missed a big opportunity to reall peeve him off. You say that it took 20minutes to find his drive, even having to let a group through in the process. He gets 5 minutes tops to look for his drive before declaring it lost. Even if it would have landed in the middle of the fairway. Once you start looking it's 5 minutes. You then could have told him his time was up, have him declare it lost and make him go back to the tee box and hit another. And even if while he's walking back to the tee box you find his ball it's too bad. Once the 5 minutes are up and the ball is declared lost it is no longer the ball in play, even if found later.

Now that would have really made his day!

AndyP
21st March 2007, 06:37 AM
I'll give ya this andylo, andyp is one hot putter when he's on. That's for sure.

But I think you're giving the pro a tough rap.
I think you are giving me too much credit. I miss plenty of putts and don't average under 30. I must fool you with how confidently I putt.

And remember this - you missed a big opportunity to reall peeve him off. You say that it took 20minutes to find his drive, even having to let a group through in the process. He gets 5 minutes tops to look for his drive before declaring it lost.
It's already established that A-Lo has a warped sense of time. ;)

andylo
21st March 2007, 08:41 AM
And remember this - you missed a big opportunity to reall peeve him off. You say that it took 20minutes to find his drive, even having to let a group through in the process. He gets 5 minutes tops to look for his drive before declaring it lost. Even if it would have landed in the middle of the fairway. Once you start looking it's 5 minutes. You then could have told him his time was up, have him declare it lost and make him go back to the tee box and hit another. And even if while he's walking back to the tee box you find his ball it's too bad. Once the 5 minutes are up and the ball is declared lost it is no longer the ball in play, even if found later.

Now that would have really made his day!

I seriously did thought of doing that. But my personality find it hard to do mean things to a complete stranger who didn't do anything bad enough to say... threaten my life etc.

Rules is rule thu, I respect that!

Beside, during the round either me, or another Am probably might did something is wrong as well?! Who knows? So I leave the last card for myself that in case he complaints about anything about us, I can draw this card out. :twisted:

andylo
21st March 2007, 08:42 AM
It's already established that A-Lo has a warped sense of time. ;)

:lol::lol::lol:

Yeah yeah yeah....

AndyP
24th March 2007, 11:09 AM
Noone provided a list of scores for this event. Anyone have them?

peter_rs
24th March 2007, 02:45 PM
not worth it.

AndyP
24th March 2007, 04:31 PM
If you say so.

shazza_rs
24th March 2007, 04:47 PM
Scenecio - 34 points
Shazza_rs - 24 points
Peter_rs - 22 points

I don't know what alo had.... and I can't remember what billybaub had

andylo
26th March 2007, 07:40 AM
23 points for me pls.

billybaub
27th March 2007, 09:06 PM
30 points for me
thats second place out of the ozgolfers...good scores all round that day...some of the groups finest

AndyP
12th April 2007, 02:11 PM
This is what I will use then.

1. Senecio - 34 points
2. billybaub - 30 points
3. Shazza_rs - 24 points
4. andylo - 23 points
5. Peter_rs - 22 points